Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari' Receives Anime Adaptation

New
Jun 22, 2017 2:48 AM

Nov 2011
A flyer posted on Yoshimi Bookstore's official Twitter account has revealed that the light novel series Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (The Rising of the Shield Hero) will receive an anime adaptation. A preview is set to premiere on July 1st at this year's Anime Expo in Los Angeles, California.

Synopsis
Naofumi Iwatani was summoned into a parallel world along with 3 other people to become the world's Heroes. Each of the heroes respectively equipped with their own legendary equipment when summoned, Naofumi received the Legendary Shield as his weapon. Due to Naofumi's lack of charisma and experience he's labeled as the weakest, only to end up betrayed, falsely accused, and robbed by on the third day of adventure. Shunned by everyone from the king to peasants, Naofumi's thoughts were filled with nothing but vengeance and hatred. Thus, his destiny in a parallel World begins... (Source: Baka-Tsuki, Edited)

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari is written by Yusagi Aneko and illustrated by Seira Minami. The fantasy light novel initially began as a web novel series on Shousetsuka ni Narou website with 409 web chapters, until it began publishing under Kadokawa's Media Factory MF Books imprint in 2012. The series currently has 17 volumes in print, with the 18th volume to be released on August 25. The anime will serve as MF Books' first anime adaptation. A manga adaptation drawn by Kyu Aiya has been serialized in Kadokawa's Monthly Comic Flapper magazine since February 2014. Both the novel and the manga has been published in English by One Peace Books.

Source: Otakomu

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari on MAL
VindstotJun 25, 2017 8:58 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2017 2:49 AM

Mar 2012
IT IS ANNOUNCED>>IT IS FKING ANNOUNCED>>>>HELL YEAH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BEER AND PIZZA FOR ALL >>>if ui could but you know what i mean.
Jun 22, 2017 2:54 AM

Jan 2013
THIS AND SOUMA S3 ? WHAT A GREAT DAY !!!
Jun 22, 2017 2:54 AM

Mar 2014
Wonder how much it will adapt. With like 16 volumes out already I thought it'd have been announced way earlier if at all.
Jun 22, 2017 2:55 AM
Aug 2016
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!!

Mushoku Tensei should be next!! (hopefully)
ClickBaitBusterJun 22, 2017 3:02 AM
Jun 22, 2017 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm leaning towards J.C. Staff as its studio (just cause I like them lol).
I hope the drama cd cast will reprise their roles:

Naofumi: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Raphtalia: Yui Horie
Firo: Yuka Iguchi
Jun 22, 2017 2:56 AM

Jul 2015
hope a good studio adapt this

it have romance?
Jun 22, 2017 2:57 AM

Oct 2013
I hope a good staff and studio works on it. I'd be pissed if it was butchered
Jun 22, 2017 2:58 AM

Nov 2007
The manga (which I think is faithful to the novel) went downhill pretty quick though after a very good start. Only watch if a recognized studio picks it up.

tragedydesu said:
hope a good studio adapt this

it have romance?

It does. But it's almost one-sided.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 22, 2017 3:04 AM

Jan 2014
HOLLY MOLLY

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE

SHIELD BRO ANIME <33333333333333333
Jun 22, 2017 3:07 AM

Apr 2016
I rather more Rance than this.

Another isekai, oh my god.
Jun 22, 2017 3:07 AM

Aug 2016
Lol barely read any manga reads this manga and the anime comes out.

Set by SenpieX
Jun 22, 2017 3:16 AM
Jun 2016
Woah can't believe it! Hype!!! Go Shield Hero!
Jun 22, 2017 3:17 AM

Aug 2013
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOI

I MORE HYPE AT THIS THAN SOUMA S3
ASFGASFAGSFAS
Jun 22, 2017 3:17 AM
Dec 2013
Yes! Finally! I have the manga adaptation rated at a 10/10 and in my favourites, so I'm definitely hyped for this. I'm always saying how I want this to get an anime adaptation in the anime discussion forum, and now it's finally getting one!
wildhoodJun 22, 2017 8:06 AM
Jun 22, 2017 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
I've heard some good stuff about this one so I hope that a good studio handles this for the people who read the LN/Manga.
Jun 22, 2017 3:23 AM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
Can't wait~
Wonder who will voice Raphtalia..
Jun 22, 2017 3:25 AM

Nov 2007
Hana said:
Can't wait~
Wonder who will voice Raphtalia..

Horie Yui if they go by the drama CD. I think her voice would be perfect for Raph.
Coronavirus.
Jun 22, 2017 3:26 AM

Oct 2012
Not surprised this got an adaptation. Looking forward to it
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jun 22, 2017 3:32 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I've read the manga and this is an Isekai anime with some dark edgy shit which everyone will love, just wait until this dominates MAL at some point.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥

Oct 2015
SHIELD BROOOO!!! bout damn time

Nov 2013
FUCKING BEST NEWS!!!!!
Jun 22, 2017 3:34 AM

Dec 2015
Holy fucking shit this is actually happening!!!
And a preview already in just a few days? Perfect!
@salokannel2
Jun 22, 2017 3:35 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Nice to know, heard alot of good stuff about this one, seems interesting enough, another LN to pick before the anime airs then.
Jun 22, 2017 3:37 AM

Jun 2014
With all the hype in this thread, it's crazy to think that I've never heard of this until just now.

As usual, I won't buy into the hype until I actually see this for myself. Don't want to set my expectations too high only to be extremely let down if it ends up sucking.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 22, 2017 3:37 AM

Sep 2015
Robiiii said:
Holy fucking shit this is actually happening!!!
And a preview already in just a few days? Perfect!
@salokannel2
Yh saw this^^
I want a shield also .-.
Jun 22, 2017 3:41 AM

Nov 2011
Definitely looking forward to this. I hope they keep it faithful to at least 2 cour.

Studio...hmm I'm not really sure which to adapt. We'll have to wait and see. Maybe they'll reveal that at the anime expo along with the PV.
Jun 22, 2017 3:46 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Okay legit surprised this actually got adapted. Now we just need Mushoku Tensei as well, amirite?

Doubt this can actually cover much considering how damn many volumes there are though, but still pretty cool
Jun 22, 2017 3:48 AM
May 2015
I never read or heard of this LN before but can someone explain to me why this LN is good and why everyone here is hyped about the adaptation?
jc9622Jun 22, 2017 3:53 AM

Jun 22, 2017 3:52 AM

Nov 2014
MC receives a legendary shield huh. That's pretty interesting. I'm hoping it doesn't transform to any offensive weapon or some sort. Or was it also stolen by the thieves?
Jun 22, 2017 3:52 AM

Jul 2013
Was not expecting this.
I've bought the first 6 LNs myself and finished reading them.
Curious as to which studio will take this..

Anyway, looking forward to it :)
Jun 22, 2017 3:58 AM

Oct 2012
Fuck yes,! I love the manga I'm so excited! I really should read the LN though since the manga comes out monthly...
Jun 22, 2017 3:59 AM

Oct 2016
Is the savior of isekai finally here?
Jun 22, 2017 4:02 AM
Jun 2017
Hypeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my favorite light novel/manga finally getting an anime adaptation feels so gooooooooooood.Hopefully a good studio will pick this up
Jun 22, 2017 4:06 AM

Nov 2007
thebrentinator24 said:
With all the hype in this thread, it's crazy to think that I've never heard of this until just now.

As usual, I won't buy into the hype until I actually see this for myself. Don't want to set my expectations too high only to be extremely let down if it ends up sucking.

If you liked Gate, you'll like this. Gate is shit in my book though. This is actually 10 times better than Gate so even if you didn't like Gate, you still might like this. It was a 10/10 for me at the beginning but then it soon became 6/10 as the story got dragged on. In the beginning I really felt Naofumi's despair but then it started to look extremely ridiculous as if the whole point of the story was to make us, the readers, feel sympathy for Naofumi and then celebrate his achievements because of his triumph due to his sheer determination against all odds and often riding the luck. I mean there are characters who exist in the story just to look down on Naofumi for no apparent reason. The antagonists of the story are so lame that it takes away a lot from the enjoyment. I think the only reason I managed to keep on reading the story so far is because of Raph (the demi-human in the news picture above).

I only read the manga. I never read the LN and the WN. So, there is a chance that the story might have actually gotten better later on. So, yeah. I think keeping the expectation low would make you enjoy it more.
Coronavirus.
Jun 22, 2017 4:09 AM

Dec 2011
Paulo27 said:
Wonder how much it will adapt. With like 16 volumes out already I thought it'd have been announced way earlier if at all.

17, with volume 18 due out next month. Other than Guin Saga (which doesn't count) has anything else ever had a first anime adaptation later? Even Rokujouma only had 14 volumes out...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 22, 2017 4:10 AM

Mar 2012
shanimebib said:
thebrentinator24 said:

If you liked Gate, you'll like this. Gate is shit in my book though. This is actually 10 times better than Gate so even if you didn't like Gate, you still might like this. It was a 10/10 for me at the beginning but then it soon became 6/10 as the story got dragged on. In the beginning I really felt Naofumi's despair but then it started to look extremely ridiculous as if the whole point of the story was to make us, the readers, feel sympathy for Naofumi and then celebrate his achievements because of his triumph due to his sheer determination against all odds and often riding the luck. I mean there are characters who exist in the story just to look down on Naofumi for no apparent reason. The antagonists of the story are so lame that it takes away a lot from the enjoyment. I think the only reason I managed to keep on reading the story so far is because of Raph (the demi-human in the news picture above).

I only read the manga. I never read the LN and the WN. So, there is a chance that the story might have actually gotten better later on. So, yeah. I think keeping the expectation low would make you enjoy it more.

I can understand you. it does kind of drag on with the second arc. but after that. their is a massive improvement and huge character development for everyone. so if u will be a bit more patient it will get better. if u are reading the manga than you will see the improvements right around ch 50 if they adapt it at the pace as it is.
Jun 22, 2017 4:13 AM

Jan 2017
Finally! hoho guaranteed this one OP. hopely they dont mess up, 14 volumes already, pls be the right studio
ZeldrissJun 22, 2017 4:18 AM
Jun 22, 2017 4:21 AM

Apr 2014
nice, looking forward to see it animated
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jun 22, 2017 4:42 AM

Mar 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:
Paulo27 said:

17, with volume 18 due out next month. Other than Guin Saga (which doesn't count) has anything else ever had a first anime adaptation later? Even Rokujouma only had 14 volumes out...
Yeah, was thinking about that too, super late.
Jun 22, 2017 4:44 AM

Nov 2013
It's about time. I was planning on reading this for a while, but never got around to it mostly because I was hoping for an anime announcement.
Jun 22, 2017 5:06 AM

Mar 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Paulo27 said:

Though the planing for Rokujouma goes way back on vol 4 or 6 if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway rather than this (though nice series on it's own) I would rather have Sevens to get an anime instead just to show how hard it is if you actually have harem with blood-lusted member.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 22, 2017 5:41 AM

Jul 2014
Just as @jc9622 said, can someone, without too many spoilers, explain what is it about?
And what's so good about it?
Jun 22, 2017 5:46 AM

Jun 2012
Oh shit, shield bro got an anime?

What?

I said: SHIELD BRO GOT AN ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Germs_N_Spices said:
Is the savior of isekai finally here?
No..... Mushoku Tensei is the real Mesiah
Jun 22, 2017 5:47 AM

Mar 2012
mozgow said:
Just as @jc9622 said, can someone, without too many spoilers, explain what is it about?

To sum it up without doing major spoilers
-The MC gets framed and betrayed
-He is isolated and Alone
-His primary weapon is a shield and has no main Weapon
-HE uses his intellect and resourcefulness to overcome obstacles.
-He is not guilable, he is bitter, resentful, untrusting and adaptable but honest persona( still not very trusting of others but good to the ones he is close)
-It has Good Action and Tacticfull Warfare
-Politics and Negotiations are a thing.

These are just some of the qualities that make the story so good.
Jun 22, 2017 5:53 AM

Oct 2016
-ShadowClaw- said:
mozgow said:

To sum it up without doing major spoilers
-The MC gets framed and betrayed
-He is isolated and Alone
-His primary weapon is a shield and has no main Weapon
-HE uses his intellect and resourcefulness to overcome obstacles.
-He is not guilable, he is bitter, resentful, untrusting and adaptable but honest persona( still not very trusting of others but good to the ones he is close)
-It has Good Action and Tacticfull Warfare
-Politics and Negotiations are a thing.

These are just some of the qualities that make the story so good.

And he has a monster/furry harem which just makes everything better. But don't take my word for it look at the rating and reviews. :D
Jun 22, 2017 6:00 AM

Sep 2007
Finally time !
I can hope they will go until ...
one of the last chapters of the manga :].
Yes the ones who all know !
Jun 22, 2017 6:00 AM

Jun 2012
mozgow said:
Its good because the RPG-like setup of the story was following it's game logistic through and thoroughly like Log Horizon. Meanwhile, the hero MC was disdain and betrayed by the world, he became not able to trust anyone and even though he saves someone's ass, he's still labeled as the bad guy. And when he's about to lose all hopes and go to the dark side........................... that's when the story bore more in depth characterization XD

Jun 22, 2017 6:02 AM

Jul 2014
@-ShadowClaw-
Thanks. It doesn't look like a generic isekai story. I'll keep an eye on it :-)

@Germs_N_Spices
Furries? Count me in :D

@Zaphkiel_El_Rem
If this was in the summary, I would have no doubts about adding it to my PTW list. Thanks.
Jun 22, 2017 6:08 AM

Dec 2012
This has to be a joke at this point.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
53 minutes ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 8 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Zedlin »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by Ramkec »»
10 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

40 by SinisterDeezNuts »»
Today, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.