Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 12, 2008 7:24 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Gold smuggle, huh. I was wondering how they were going to do it since there'd only be one way, hiding it within the sheep and that was exactly what they decided. xD

Episode was alright, Horo was great as always but it felt like something was missing. Looking forward to the next episode, too bad it's almost over already.
LunaNov 13, 2012 4:31 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 12, 2008 8:18 PM

Jan 2007
Very nice episode. I figured the counterplan would somehow involve Norah but not sure what. Interesting plan with the gold. Very much looking forward to seeing this played out.
Mar 12, 2008 8:19 PM

May 2007
I liked it. Lawrence and Horo seem to be getting closer, and they should be getting back on their feet if this gold smuggling deal works out. I had a feeling it was going to involve Norah. Looking forward to next week.
Mar 12, 2008 10:18 PM

Jan 2008
Horo-chan (maybe I should use Sama. Afterall, she is a goddess. right?) quickly got Lawrence out of his funk from losing his cool with her anger/flirt tactics.
Mar 12, 2008 10:51 PM

Aug 2007
ahh. Nice "rehearsal" of drama in the room between Lawrence and Horo. <3
Mar 13, 2008 1:25 AM

Oct 2007
Pokedude97 said:
I liked it. Lawrence and Horo seem to be getting closer, and they should be getting back on their feet if this gold smuggling deal works out. I had a feeling it was going to involve Norah. Looking forward to next week.

Horo was so lovely this time, the plan was bold as well!!!
I cant believe only 2 more episodes left...

Mar 13, 2008 3:00 AM

Feb 2008
so how are they going to get the gold out of the sheep? they can't really kill them to get it since they belong to the church and they probably don't have time for it to come out any other way.

i also wonder if they'll be betrayed by there new business partners, though with only 2 episodes left i consider it to be unlikely.
Mar 13, 2008 3:07 AM

Nov 2007
I love Horo.
Mar 13, 2008 4:54 AM

Jun 2007
jacobpaige said:
so how are they going to get the gold out of the sheep? they can't really kill them to get it since they belong to the church and they probably don't have time for it to come out any other way.

That's what I'd like to know too.
Mar 13, 2008 6:16 AM

Dec 2007
[Horo x Lawrence fanaticism]

Sakinho (Ep. 10 discussion) said:

... Can't wait till next week. They'd better make up with at least a hug! >_<

YES! Wish hard enough and it becomes true! And if anyone says Horo was just playing around, you should notice that her tail wags a little when she's happy or comfortable. Horo DOES like Lawrence, she's just too shy to admit it, so she resorts to these emotional games where she can almost tell him her feelings but then dismiss it with a laugh ^_^

And there's more where that came from:

Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside *-*

[/Horo x Lawrence fanaticism]

That aside, the episode was nice. I liked the start where Lawrence apologized when Horo wanted him to be mad at her, but he couldn't do it because it just wasn't his nature. Five and a half minutes of reconciliation (<3) later, they saw the "way out you only find when you're against a corner" mentioned in the last episode. I thought it was good, because it's desperate and risky yet possible, lucrative and it screws with the Church =p Also, I loved Horo's jealousy after Nora said she'd only do it because it was Lawrence that asked her ^^

In short, awesome episode. I hope this anime continues strongly and finishes both beautifully and in a manner that hints towards a second season.
SakinhoMar 13, 2008 6:23 AM

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Mar 13, 2008 6:27 AM

Feb 2008
Very good episode. Can't believe there's only 2 more left =(

Asako said:
I love Horo.

Don't we all? =P
Mar 13, 2008 8:47 AM
Dec 2007
No. I hate Horo.

Just kidding.

I thought she was great in this too. Her calling Lawrence a 'softy' was the highlight for me.
Mar 13, 2008 10:24 AM

Jan 2008
confused_kitsune said:
jacobpaige said:

Probably by cutting it up like in blood diamond.

Great episode great plan. Can't wait for the next one, too bad that it only has two more episodes =(
Mar 13, 2008 10:47 AM

Oct 2007
ianmessku said:
confused_kitsune said:
jacobpaige said:

Probably by cutting it up like in blood diamond.

Great episode great plan. Can't wait for the next one, too bad that it only has two more episodes =(

I agree, that makes perfect sense!
Mar 13, 2008 11:47 AM

Nov 2007
Lawrence is a SOFTY!
Anyways, I'll be sad when this show ends..
Horo's so kirei~

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 13, 2008 11:56 AM

Feb 2008

*********************HORROR**********************

.......Havent seen episode 11 yet.......clicked on wrong thread.....have to stop reading spoilers........have to click on back-button.....arrrgh....DAMN, Im just too weak *cry* ;)

NO KISS? What a disappointment. I was so sure..... :(
Mar 13, 2008 12:19 PM

Dec 2007
FTGT said:

.......Havent seen episode 11 yet.......clicked on wrong thread.....have to stop reading spoilers........have to click on back-button.....arrrgh....DAMN, Im just too weak *cry* ;)

Aw damn... I was wondering if someone would read this thread without having watched yet, but I decided to not use spoiler buttons because I thought it couldn't happen =x

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Mar 13, 2008 1:01 PM

Oct 2007
Sakinho said:
FTGT said:

Aw damn... I was wondering if someone would read this thread without having watched yet, but I decided to not use spoiler buttons because I thought it couldn't happen =x

Its a discussion for that episode, of course you will get spoilers!!!
Mar 13, 2008 1:24 PM
Oct 2007
Horo pulls off a very convincing Tsundere routine to pull Lawrence out of his emo funk
Mar 13, 2008 1:28 PM

Dec 2007
The episode was sooo good I love Horo X Lawrence!!
Mar 13, 2008 2:35 PM
Dec 2007
I like the irony in the situation. Some episodes ago (I believe somewhere halfway through the season) Lawrence explained Horo why hardly anyone dares to smuggle Gold. Now here he is, forced to do something he always thought was not worth the risk. I guess he has nothing to lose.

Mar 13, 2008 2:50 PM

Jul 2007
confused_kitsune said:
jacobpaige said:

did they said they were going to feed it to the sheep? @_@ i was thinking more of just tying the gold somehow around the sheep bellies so they won't be seen @_@

plus nora = moe <3 loli loli loli hooo. but yeah, horo is still the win.

and i was also hoping for a kiss in that "you're a softy" scene :(
Mar 13, 2008 2:54 PM

Nov 2007
Aww, this episode was so cute. I loved the scene between Horo and Lawrence and can't wait for the next episode. I'll be heartbroken if there is no second series, there's so much more to see!
Mar 13, 2008 3:38 PM

Jan 2008
Another great episode! I can't wait to see what happens next! You could definitely see the development in the characters and story!
Mar 13, 2008 3:49 PM

Oct 2007
So much closer to profit!

Mar 13, 2008 5:10 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
cyruz said:
Episode was alright, Horo was great as always but it felt like something was missing. Looking forward to the next episode, too bad it's almost over already.
I felt the same way, and I couldn't quite put my finger on why. I mean, the episode flew by; it wasn't like I was bored. And their fight and hug was good... but I dunno. Still enjoying it though :)

Sakinho said:
In short, awesome episode. I hope this anime continues strongly and finishes both beautifully and in a manner that hints towards a second season.
Agreed. How is she going to get home before this season is over, if there's only two eps left :O
Mar 13, 2008 7:37 PM
Aug 2007
One moment Lawrence is in debt from greed he says and now he's gold smuggling? Gotta go with the times I guess...
Mar 13, 2008 7:44 PM

Oct 2007
zippy said:
One moment Lawrence is in debt from greed he says and now he's gold smuggling? Gotta go with the times I guess...

Greed sounds too harsh, he just wanted to make some profit.
As for the Gold smuggling, desperate times call for desperate measures!!!
Mar 14, 2008 5:36 AM

Jul 2007
Nice awesome. I suspected Lawrence would try something reckless like gold smuggling considering the conversation that took place but I couldn't figure out how he'd accomplish it with one day left. Cutting a deal with the loan sharks makes sense. Lawrence is a softy. I'm betting Twenty Rumione (sp?) is all the surplus profit left from smuggling the gold after paying his debt and he and Horo will be penniless again. :p
Mar 14, 2008 6:54 AM

Sep 2007
Nice episode, but as already mentioned before, something was missing...

Let's see if they really suceed :D

Mar 14, 2008 7:07 AM

Nov 2007
I knew it would have something to do with Nora, I am so glad I was right. ^_^ Smuggling gold in the stomachs of sheep, what an interesting idea. Can't wait to see how this will turn out!
Mar 14, 2008 2:26 PM

Aug 2007
lol the gold smuggling reminded me of Blood Diamonds too
Mar 14, 2008 10:07 PM
Jan 2008
Great episode!...

We're going to need another season...
Mar 16, 2008 7:33 PM

Nov 2007
Love those hug/emotional scenes. But it feels too short. I'm thinking second season maybe?
Mar 16, 2008 7:37 PM

Jan 2008
Another great episode. I personally don't think it was missing anything really, it just went by so fast. Its almost over already and I want more. I really do hope that we get a second season, though the pacing of it almost seems like they designed it with a second season in mind.

I can tell you I will be awaiting the news of a continuation...
Mar 17, 2008 12:57 PM

Feb 2008
Kineta said:
cyruz said:
I felt the same way, and I couldn't quite put my finger on why. I mean, the episode flew by; it wasn't like I was bored. And their fight and hug was good... but I dunno. Still enjoying it though :)

I know EXACTLY what was missing: A dramatic hug/kiss full of passion and desire! :]

The "make up for it"-scene was funny and kind of romantic. But well, at the same time for me it felt reserved and cold. As if Lawrence would be a robot not capable of human feelings.

cyruz said:

Come on Lawrence.....one smacker for the audience. Is that too much to ask? ^^
FTGTMar 18, 2008 1:14 PM
Mar 18, 2008 1:14 PM

Feb 2008
By the way: I opened a poll regarding "liplock-ending" or not, in the club "Horos Pack".

Horo the wise wants YOU to vote!
Mar 18, 2008 3:12 PM

Jan 2008
I am sure we will get to see a kiss before the end and I am hoping for it. They have been growing closer this entire time but it seems like they are both holding back. Something big is probably going to happen and then they will both get swept up in the moment and we will get our kiss.
ScorchedMar 18, 2008 8:41 PM
Mar 18, 2008 3:17 PM

Jun 2007
Good episode -- I loved the confrontation between the two.

Only two episodes (plus 7) left~ I wonder if there's gonna be a second season...
Mar 18, 2008 5:42 PM
Dec 2007
Ria said:
Good episode -- I loved the confrontation between the two.

Only two episodes (plus 7) left~ I wonder if there's gonna be a second season...
They are WAY too far from the "North" for the series to be over. Plus, we know barely anything of Horo's past, only that she was left alone and was betrayed once (conjecture from her conversations).

Mar 19, 2008 8:39 PM

Dec 2007
Whoot! My favoritest episode yet!

corroded said:
confused_kitsune said:
jacobpaige said:

did they said they were going to feed it to the sheep? @_@ i was thinking more of just tying the gold somehow around the sheep bellies so they won't be seen @_@

plus nora = moe <3 loli loli loli hooo. but yeah, horo is still the win.

and i was also hoping for a kiss in that "you're a softy" scene :(

Er, I might be wrong on this but they're probably going to have to cut open the sheeps stomach, put in the gold, and then sew them back up, not feed it to them.

Then again I don't know if they have the ability to that like we can now. =/
Mar 19, 2008 8:40 PM

Jul 2007
FTGT said:

I know EXACTLY what was missing: A dramatic hug/kiss full of passion and desire! :]

Yep, that's missing ! XD

I liked the part when Lawrence said "Because you're special"
or something like that :) (But i guess it was a little odd lol)

I'm still confusing about the correct number of episodes @0@!
Mar 21, 2008 2:40 PM

May 2007
Erm.... How old is Horo (In human age)? I know that in the past, the women used to be much younger than the man and stuff, but Lawrence, who is supposed to be young already is MUCH taller than Horo. She sometimes looks like a teen. o.o"

Edit.: Speechless Lawrence was just priceless.
RyushiMar 21, 2008 2:54 PM
Mar 21, 2008 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
Well she is supposed to have the "appearance" of a 16 year old girl, but obviously she is much older than that (as in hundreds of years). So really she would be the one robbing the cradle here. :p
Mar 31, 2008 9:26 PM

May 2007
So Lawrence is just too nice?
Curse you Ayako, sub faster
My anime list
Apr 5, 2008 5:47 PM

Feb 2008
Smuggling gold with sheep is old news
Apr 29, 2008 9:35 PM

Jan 2008
yey, they seem to be so much closer. but there are only 2 eps left arghhh
May 2, 2008 1:44 AM

Apr 2007
Finally finishing this now, on to next episode~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2008 1:24 AM

Oct 2007
good episode.
Kagome7May 13, 2008 1:52 AM
Jul 29, 2008 10:21 AM

Jun 2008
Very interesting episode. I'm a little suspicious of the gold smuggling deal. It feels like Lawrence is setting himself up for betrayal by one of the other parties. I'm hoping it pans out well. Horo was as cute as ever, though I'm still waiting for a first kiss.... ^.^
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
May 13, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.