Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 12, 2017 4:08 AM

Sep 2016
I always knew my local transltion of name freeza is the correct one
KamiTube at it again
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 12, 2017 9:16 AM

Sep 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
IcyGlacier said:

That doesn't mean that ssjb didn't use lots of stamina, he meant another thing which lets him uses blue with kaioken.

In the DBS manga chapter 22 it's explained that SSB Uses alot of energy/Stamina and they can't use it all the time. And it was also explained that super Saiyan God (red) doesn't use energy at all but it's weaker in power than ssjb.
You should read ep 22 of the manga it's actually really good to to read.

The manga and anime aren't part of the same canon and the forms work differently. Super Saiyan Blue in the anime doesn't consume hardly any energy and is brought about by perfect Ki control. The Super Saiyan Blue form in the manga is heavily nerfed so that the original Super Saiyan God form still has a use. Hell Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken doesn't even exist in the manga, so your argument doesn't have much merit.

and here you casually saved me from wasting my time. Thank you sir!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 12, 2017 9:59 AM

Apr 2012
Why do you guys continue to spell Frieza & Freezer? It's most probably a dub or sub oversight that got stuck in pop culture similar to M.Bison (Vega)

It's "FREEZA"

-The anime said so.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 12, 2017 1:39 PM

Dec 2009
Comander-07 said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

The manga and anime aren't part of the same canon and the forms work differently. Super Saiyan Blue in the anime doesn't consume hardly any energy and is brought about by perfect Ki control. The Super Saiyan Blue form in the manga is heavily nerfed so that the original Super Saiyan God form still has a use. Hell Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken doesn't even exist in the manga, so your argument doesn't have much merit.

and here you casually saved me from wasting my time. Thank you sir!

No problem! The manga is still worth checking out since it does interesting things with the setting but you can't include it in the same canon as the anime, they're completely different stories at this point.
Jun 13, 2017 10:25 AM

Jan 2014
I have to say that the interactions between Goku and Frieza are really good made. Frieza is truly his archenemy.

3/5

Transformation scene was cool.
Taito10Jun 13, 2017 10:28 AM
Jun 13, 2017 12:52 PM
Oct 2016
Comander-07 said:

the blue form does not drain energy at all, that is the reason he can use kaioken.

Aiko_Hiroshi said:

The manga and anime aren't part of the same canon and the forms work differently. Super Saiyan Blue in the anime doesn't consume hardly any energy

That's not what Goku said in the anime, episode 38, that's just your head-canon, guys.

From a writer's perspective, why mentioned it?

If that info was gonna be as different as the manga as other stuff are different, there was no need to make Goku talk about the SSB weakness.

But, that's the thing, it's not that Toei was gonna change that rule in the anime, is just that they're incompetent.

It was mentioned in both versions, manga & anime, but the difference was that Toyotaro respected the rule, he is still using that info for the Future Trunks arc.

While on the other hand, Toei doesn't give a (d)uck, not only they put Goku talking about how SSB uses a lot of stamina to completely ignore it in the next episode, they add Kaio-Ken later on, on top of it, thus creating a contradiction avoided in the manga.

Long live Toyotaro, the guy who tries to make sense out of DBS, that's a great challenge.
SSJ4LifeJun 13, 2017 12:55 PM
Jun 13, 2017 2:17 PM

Sep 2014
SSJ4Life said:
Comander-07 said:

the blue form does not drain energy at all, that is the reason he can use kaioken.

Aiko_Hiroshi said:

The manga and anime aren't part of the same canon and the forms work differently. Super Saiyan Blue in the anime doesn't consume hardly any energy

That's not what Goku said in the anime, episode 38, that's just your head-canon, guys.

From a writer's perspective, why mentioned it?

If that info was gonna be as different as the manga as other stuff are different, there was no need to make Goku talk about the SSB weakness.

But, that's the thing, it's not that Toei was gonna change that rule in the anime, is just that they're incompetent.

It was mentioned in both versions, manga & anime, but the difference was that Toyotaro respected the rule, he is still using that info for the Future Trunks arc.

While on the other hand, Toei doesn't give a (d)uck, not only they put Goku talking about how SSB uses a lot of stamina to completely ignore it in the next episode, they add Kaio-Ken later on, on top of it, thus creating a contradiction avoided in the manga.

Long live Toyotaro, the guy who tries to make sense out of DBS, that's a great challenge.

Its not that simple. Remember in original Z when they reached "full" SSJ? That it would not drain any stamina anymore? Why do you think they dont walk around as SSJ all the time afterwards? Im pretty sure because it still does.

The explanation that they gained Blue by training with the gods (or rather the angel) makes sense to me. So red would be the stronger version, but with the ritual its to unflexible and also goku and vegeta want to become strong without help.
So it makes sense that blue is weaker.
He indeed never said "not drain energy" afaik. But he said he has total control over his ki with imo is very close.
Jun 13, 2017 9:35 PM
Oct 2016
Comander-07 said:

So red would be the stronger version

Wrong.

Akira writes a "skeleton" script, one copy each, for Toei (anime) for Toyotaro (manga).

Each, are allowed to make changes (which would mean this series is no as Akira's as many claim) but only Toyotaro goes directly to Akira before each chapter is released so he has the original author's blessings.

That's why the manga has avoided the many (d)uck ups the anime has done.

Which I can easily name a few, if you're interested.

In the manga it's even more clear that SSB is superior to SSG, and it passed through Akira's check up, so, it's official.

Comander-07 said:

He indeed never said "not drain energy" afaik. But he said he has total control over his ki with imo is very close.

Specifically, he said that SSB burns A LOT of stamina.

Episode 38, look it up if you don't believe me.

For the anime to make sense, the events should've been consistent with this info, but it's quite the contrary, SSB stamina not having visible weakness goes directly against this, and that's not even mentioning the Kaio-Ken on SSB.

Toei just forgot about it because they don't have any passion for the series, they're just thinking about the money.

It's why the series will still produce only inconsistencies, the most recent being the SS of universe 6.
Jun 14, 2017 12:58 PM

Sep 2014
SSJ4Life said:
Comander-07 said:

So red would be the stronger version

Wrong.

Akira writes a "skeleton" script, one copy each, for Toei (anime) for Toyotaro (manga).

Each, are allowed to make changes (which would mean this series is no as Akira's as many claim) but only Toyotaro goes directly to Akira before each chapter is released so he has the original author's blessings.

That's why the manga has avoided the many (d)uck ups the anime has done.

Which I can easily name a few, if you're interested.

In the manga it's even more clear that SSB is superior to SSG, and it passed through Akira's check up, so, it's official.

Comander-07 said:

Specifically, he said that SSB burns A LOT of stamina.

Episode 38, look it up if you don't believe me.

For the anime to make sense, the events should've been consistent with this info, but it's quite the contrary, SSB stamina not having visible weakness goes directly against this, and that's not even mentioning the Kaio-Ken on SSB.

Toei just forgot about it because they don't have any passion for the series, they're just thinking about the money.

It's why the series will still produce only inconsistencies, the most recent being the SS of universe 6.
that last part is not inconsistency its just garbage. But I still like it more (or rather hate it less) then GT ._.
I skimmed over Ep 38 but I believe you mean 39, there he uses Kaioken and old supreme kai tells us the tale of the unbreakable swo.. no the "stamina drain" of a SS. My point is they are never perfectly right.
Goku said SSJB has proper Ki control. My take is all SSJ forms put stress on your body and to some extend use up your energy. Kaioken just puts even more stress on your body so he never used it as a SS. But here is the difference. Blue is a god form. It does not. The end of the story. I dont even care what the difference in the manga is. This here is about the anime. The manga has a different section.
I do think the explanation how they got blue is fine. Red needs a ritual which they dont want/can use. So they trained with whis. This anime has a lot of flaws, a lot. But kaioken + blue is fine
Jun 15, 2017 8:38 AM
Jun 2017
"My bad.. My hand slipped too!"
Loved that moment.. <3
Jun 15, 2017 11:55 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Bless this episode. I needed this.
Fandom, come on with it.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 16, 2017 4:44 PM
Oct 2016
Comander-07 said:

I skimmed over Ep 38 but I believe you mean 39

Nope.

Episode 38, trust me I've used this episode to debunk said matters in different threads already.

Hit: "You forgot to transform."

Goku: "Oh, that drains my stamina real bad, so I'll use it later."

This scene goes exactly the same in anime as in the manga, meaning this scene comes directly from Akira Toriyama himself.

Comander-07 said:

This here is about the anime. The manga has a different section.

I'm fully aware.

I only mentioned the manga because that part of the story is on both versions, but only the manga got it right.
Jun 17, 2017 6:27 AM

Sep 2014
SSJ4Life said:
Comander-07 said:

I skimmed over Ep 38 but I believe you mean 39

Nope.

Episode 38, trust me I've used this episode to debunk said matters in different threads already.

Hit: "You forgot to transform."

Goku: "Oh, that drains my stamina real bad, so I'll use it later."

This scene goes exactly the same in anime as in the manga, meaning this scene comes directly from Akira Toriyama himself.

Comander-07 said:

This here is about the anime. The manga has a different section.

I'm fully aware.

I only mentioned the manga because that part of the story is on both versions, but only the manga got it right.
How can something be the right version when its 2 different things. Thats like saying SSJ4 is stronger then blue because GT comes later in time. Its bullshit.
Just because he said some random garbage does not mean its 100% true. Go watch ep 39. Because that is the important thing when we talk about the anime.
Remember when they thought SSJ1 was the limit?
Remember when goku said something about price money? Or other things? It was a lie.
To end my contribution to this discussion
Stamina =/= Ki (Energy)
The end.
Jun 17, 2017 7:19 AM

Nov 2010
elior1 said:
The_Nut_Cracker said:
I really liked the17/krillin,17/18 ,17/piccolo interactions especially android 18's towards krillin as they stood in front of 17. So many great lines from her.

" You don't have to force a conversation"
" no,her name is Marron get it wrong again and I'll kill you"

Lmao

Goku is still the biggest moron for recruiting frieza onto universe 7

Frieza being a target for assassination by universe 4 feels like filler
yes they are small fries for frieza but i dont know about sidra. he might be stronger

Sidra looks a throw away character from my point of view but I could be wrong xd
Jun 17, 2017 8:26 AM

Mar 2010
Enjoyed the peacefulness before the big tourney.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 18, 2017 8:59 AM

Apr 2015
Holy shit.... Frieza WTF so strong and cool
Jun 19, 2017 10:27 AM
Oct 2016
Comander-07 said:

How can something be the right version when its 2 different things.

Because those aren't 2 different things, it's exactly the same scene.

You could only be right about that if the info delivered was used in 2 different ways, but it wasn't, the manga used the info, the anime just ignored it.

SSB is used with a lot of respect in the manga the form is not only difficult to use, they keep working at it and we are witnesses of it's development.

I had missed that from DBZ, the actual try to improve a SS form instead of just jumping from one form to another.

Comander-07 said:

Just because he said some random garbage does not mean its 100% true.

#1) It's true because the series never talked about a lie, they do that when it's a lie.

#2) It's true because it was in Toriyama's script, Toei just went out of their way to show something cool while throwing away the quality of the story.

It only became "random garbage" because of it's inconsistency, adding to the awful writing of the anime.

Comander-07 said:

Irrelevant comparison, Goku didn't "thought" SSB was burning his stamina away, he wouldn't think it if it wasn't the case, that's nonsensical.

Comander-07 said:

Remember when goku said something about price money? Or other things? It was a lie.

Of course it was a lie, the story let us know that since the beginning, they didn't with the SSB inconsistency though, so, another irrelevant comparison.
Jun 19, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2014
SSJ4Life said:
Comander-07 said:

How can something be the right version when its 2 different things.

Because those aren't 2 different things, it's exactly the same scene.

You could only be right about that if the info delivered was used in 2 different ways, but it wasn't, the manga used the info, the anime just ignored it.

SSB is used with a lot of respect in the manga the form is not only difficult to use, they keep working at it and we are witnesses of it's development.

I had missed that from DBZ, the actual try to improve a SS form instead of just jumping from one form to another.

Comander-07 said:

Just because he said some random garbage does not mean its 100% true.

#1) It's true because the series never talked about a lie, they do that when it's a lie.

#2) It's true because it was in Toriyama's script, Toei just went out of their way to show something cool while throwing away the quality of the story.

It only became "random garbage" because of it's inconsistency, adding to the awful writing of the anime.

Comander-07 said:

Irrelevant comparison, Goku didn't "thought" SSB was burning his stamina away, he wouldn't think it if it wasn't the case, that's nonsensical.

Comander-07 said:

Of course it was a lie, the story let us know that since the beginning, they didn't with the SSB inconsistency though, so, another irrelevant comparison.

You may have a point if the manga would be source material but its not. So yes they are 2 different things. If ssjb kaioken is a thing in the anime then its canon. Since this is not my adaption list but my anime list I dont care what the manga declares canon or not.
This is about the anime. In the anime kaioken with blue god form is a thing. End of the story.
I could also just declare the manga is not canon because it does not recognize the existence if kaoiken blue.
Jun 27, 2017 6:05 PM
Oct 2016
Comander-07 said:

So yes they are 2 different things.

I already explained why that's not the case, you being stubborn about it doesn't change the fact.

Comander-07 said:

If ssjb kaioken is a thing in the anime then its canon.

Your claim is quite ironic, as only the anime has non-canon stuff.

Back when it was informed that Akira was writing the next arc to be announced, the anime continued without Akira, meaning obvious filler, that was between the Future Trunks arc and the Survival Tournament.

The manga will not cover those episodes because those aren't canon, it will go from the Future Trunks arc directly to the Survival Tournament arc.

The fact that you didn't knew that prove how lost you are on this matter.

Also, if you check the 1st Survival Tournament arc trailer you'll see they used the manga.

Yep, contrary to popular belief the manga is actually ahead, it's just released later as to not spoil the anime because TOEI wants to have that advantage over other anime.
SSJ4LifeJul 9, 2017 4:38 PM
Apr 29, 2018 8:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Freezer is here and is ready to kill all these assassins intergalactic!!!! kekeke
May 27, 2018 5:44 AM
May 2018
I'm glad they replaced Buu with Freeza; at this point Buu is, despite being strong, just boring, although sometimes funny.

He just doesn't have personality like Freeza.
Jan 19, 2019 10:00 PM

Mar 2014
I'm not a big Dragonball fan but Frieza was hype as hell today
Jan 20, 2019 1:15 PM
Mar 2014
HE'S BACK. The second half of this episode was great
Jun 20, 2020 3:46 PM

Dec 2012
Goku eating.
Goku tells them the truth.
LMAO at Kuririn spitting out the drink.
Quitela and Sidra.
Trunks looking at Freeza.
lol at Vegeta lying and his inner turmoil.
Muten Roshi.
Karin.
Muten Roshi can't fly?
Those people in the sky.
Jinzoningen 17. 18.
LMAO at 17 saying Maron because he forgot and 18 correcting him and telling him not to forget it again.
lol at 17 saying he's 17.
lol at the poachers waiting.
lol at Piccolo going to see 17.
Dat handshake. Piccolo a real one.
lol at Muten Roshi's entrance.
Freeza is here.
Dat punch!
Dat punch back.
A dog. An army.
Finger beam! Goku's face.
Warming up desu yo!
Dat light around the world.
Golden Freeza.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 1, 2021 6:19 AM

Jun 2019
Frieza is still as badass as ever.
May 10, 2021 4:11 PM

Jan 2010
You can really send a spy to another universe, have the spy return to report their findings, plot a character's assassination, hire an assassin, and send that assassin over to the other universe to kill them? I still can't get over how easy it is to just hop universes.

That aside, Goku is really getting all his friends to pay for his mistakes, with Bulma literally paying money in this case.

Lastly, the Kale and Caulifla situation just...I don't know. It just feels like a fan fiction scenario, or a ad lib plot I'd expect from a side story in Supersonic Warriors or something. It's an interesting what-if regarding an alternate universe Broly, but...I don't know. Maybe it was the explanation to easily go Super Saiyan that, after all these years, finally dispelled the full mystique of the transformation? Then again, that already started with Goten and Trunks from the Buu saga, so I'm not sure. This is just off for some reason.
May 7, 2022 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
has anyone discussed how Goten and Trunks are powered down sooo much that 17 is now stronger than them ????
Dec 20, 2022 7:18 AM

Nov 2020
I'm pretty sure Frieza will betray Goku and join other universe's side.
May 19, 2023 2:31 AM
Jun 2012
kushmonatl said:
has anyone discussed how Goten and Trunks are powered down sooo much that 17 is now stronger than them ????
Goten and Trunks were never that strong, really. During the Boo Arc, they only were relevant strength-wise because of the fusion dance, which grants a lot of extra power on top of the sum of the two participants' power. Their biggest feat is that they can go SSJ, but their base strength is pretty low since they're just kids who haven't trained much. Considering that back in the Androids Arc, 17 and 18 were much stronger than SSJ Vegeta, and that Vegeta in base-form was a lot stronger than Goten and Trunks' base form, means that even 17 from back then would be able to body Goten and Trunks, let alone 17 after years of training.
Apr 28, 2:12 PM

Jan 2021
Golden freiza do be pog
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

72 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

109 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

59 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.