Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2017 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was interesting. A bit of drama but glad to see Utaha back and she graduated. Some of her scenes also reminds me of Koisuru Metronome (side story manga) for some reason this episode. It's also interesting that the game Fields Chronicle was bought up in a conversation.

Eriri and Utaha still has a pretty complicated relationship.
Decent buildup this episode considering the way that Akane is involved in this drama and her ability to craft her art style (similar to Eriri's).

Stark700Jun 8, 2017 9:24 AM
Jun 8, 2017 9:48 AM

Sep 2009
why would someone work for someone like that?
Jun 8, 2017 9:50 AM

Apr 2014
I knew some drama went down it was shown at the beginning of the episode. But the ending got me complicated. Something involved with Eriri's art? It seemed like she screamed or something. Somebody wanna fill me in a bit. I mean I see where Eriri and Utaha are involved with a certain project. This goes back one month ago. Somebody wanna fill me in with a little more detail? I seem to get the idea a bit. But the ending with certain drawings is what kind of confused me. What was she screaming about?
Jun 8, 2017 9:53 AM

Nov 2013
alphazero4um said:
I knew some drama went down it was shown at the beginning of the episode. But the ending got me complicated. Something involved with Eriri's art? It seemed like she screamed or something. Somebody wanna fill me in a bit. I mean I see where Eriri and Utaha are involved with a certain project. This goes back one month ago. Somebody wanna fill me in with a little more detail? I seem to get the idea a bit. But the ending with certain drawings is what kind of confused me. What was she screaming about?

the other woman said "your art is easy to imitate at this point", which means someone else did the same art as her, so unless she tries harder, she is just normal...and ofc she got mad for that lol probably she wants to be special, but needs a big push in the right direction
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 8, 2017 9:54 AM

Jun 2015
Lots of heavy drama in this episode. Eriri and Utaha got scouted by a big game company to work on their next game. Tomoya didn't take that very well. He's very devastated. Akane is crazy. She bashed on them hard. I wouldn't want to work for her.
Jun 8, 2017 9:55 AM

Nov 2013
komic said:

utaha said at her conversation with tomoya, that she needed a person who treated her like that to push forward, since tomoya is a soft guy, also the game is probably popular enough
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 8, 2017 9:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
What the hell was that x.x

Was a good episode up until the final part... did they really have to make the woman come off as a deranged yandere or something all of a sudden? I mean yeah okay I'm sure she was drunk but what the hell that felt so off for this kind of anime lol

Other than that, I at least think it was a pretty interesting direction the story took. Just somewhat awkwardly executed at the end
Jun 8, 2017 10:00 AM

Apr 2010
Despair, so delicious. 10/10 if this series ends with Tomoya killing himself after everyone ditches him.
Jun 8, 2017 10:03 AM

Jul 2014
That shit with the *we need someone to push us to hell* only works in fiction, only a fucking masochist would want to work for someone like that, theres a reason why suicide is a big deal in Japan, besides the low salary and tax this is one of them, a hell workshop. This ep was cringe at best, the one who made this just gave a BS reason to how he can seperate Tomoya with the other girls.
Jun 8, 2017 10:09 AM

Aug 2012
alphazero4um said:

It was briefly shown in the episode how Akane easily copied the art style of Eriri using Eriri's work "Memories of Lily" as reference. She screamed because she couldn't accept that her work which Tomoya considers to be the best was easily imitated.

komic said:

I do see how a creator who wants to be the best at what he/she does would want someone who would actually push them past their creative limits rather let them be complacent and have them remain in their comfort zones. I just hate that both of them didn't even tell Tomoya until he brought up his new project proposal.
Jun 8, 2017 10:34 AM
Aug 2016
Xenobreaker said:
I do see how a creator who wants to be the best at what he/she does would want someone who would actually push them past their creative limits rather let them be complacent and have them remain in their comfort zones. I just hate that both of them didn't even tell Tomoya until he brought up his new project proposal.

couldn't agree more. how the hell both utaha and eriri didn't even tell tomoya in the first place? even though tomoya IS the one who BRING THEM TOGETEHER in their circle.

well, i know that both utako and eri are famous already (utako with her novel, and eri with her doujin), but it is Aki who bring them together in one circle, (and it is one of the reason why rouge en rouge even invite akane to their circle to compete with aki's game)

just why didn't they consult to tomoya aki first......this is so frustrating
AeroSNJun 8, 2017 10:56 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2017 10:35 AM

Apr 2016
Agh. I got really irritated with Utaha senpai and especially Eriri for not saying that they're going to ditch Tomoya and do a bigger project sooner. I mean it's understandable that they want to become better and improve but come on. They took the job without even telling Tomoya like that's betrayal. It wounds me :(

Plus no Katou this episode.
Jun 8, 2017 10:38 AM

Feb 2014
Akane Kosaka truly is a monster of creation!!!
Really love the way she changes people around her.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 8, 2017 10:55 AM

Sep 2013
ooohhhh.... I love the intensity of this episode.

They're also keeping secret which where Katou doesn't like.
This going to be good.
keima25Jun 8, 2017 11:01 AM
Jun 8, 2017 10:58 AM
May 2016
fuck that Akane Bitch >.> can some one tell me which manga chapter this is ? now waiting one week will kill me
Jun 8, 2017 11:10 AM
Apr 2015
Ok I just watched quickly the episode since I knew that would happen thanks to the novel.
First of all, the thing that Utaha and Eriri made to Tomoya was low, very low. Not because they wanted to push themselves further (probably the nº1 cause to ditch Tomoya since he was soft with them) but because they didn't even TELL HIM UNTIL THEY MADE IT.
That thing really disappointed me, I mean he created the circle, had great moments with them and now that he even make it up with Kato THIS HAPPENS?

I really do feel bad for Tomoya because he doesn't deserve that treatment. Anyway, this episode was intense and kind of dramatic, and more drama will come in these remaining episodes.
Frostf14Jun 8, 2017 11:19 AM
Jun 8, 2017 11:16 AM
Apr 2015
antonn said:
Despair, so delicious. 10/10 if this series ends with Tomoya killing himself after everyone ditches him.

Well, that would be a little too dark final for this anime xD
In my case I want Tomoya to feel kind of betrayed since (more or less) this is what happened but knowing what topics and cliches will prevail he will probably forgive them and say that it was all his fault instead of being a little more selfish and get carried away by his feelings
Jun 8, 2017 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
-Stray said:
That shit with the *we need someone to push us to hell* only works in fiction, only a fucking masochist would want to work for someone like that, theres a reason why suicide is a big deal in Japan, besides the low salary and tax this is one of them, a hell workshop. This ep was cringe at best, the one who made this just gave a BS reason to how he can seperate Tomoya with the other girls.

Exactly what I was thinking lol. People work to death over there and she is asking him to treat them like that. They hella fucked him over and I think it's just too convenient for the plot at this point for them to split them apart now that Kato is with Tomoya again
Jun 8, 2017 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
Well now, that was an interesting episode.

Utaha finally told Aki exactly what he needed to do, and their reasons for leaving him. Then again, they waited a month before telling Aki anything. Now rememeber what Katou said about friends not keeping secrets that can affect the group? That's going to be an interesting conflict when she finds out...

This episode also highlighted what I said from the last episode about Eriri not finding inspiration herself and instead seeking it out from someone else. Utaha also got that treatment as well, since the biggest reason she left Blessing Software was because Eriri left, so that must mean that Eriri took the offer before Utaha did. I understand that creators need people to push them, but once again, when that's your major reason for why you need to create and not because you want do it because you love it, then your reasons for being a creator becomes an issue and it won't be a surprise when your projects are flat and unoriginal, and in that kind of context, Aki is a better producer than Akane, since he allows them to use their talents to their own beat so that they can enjoy creating for everyone to enjoy.

In short, because they always need someone to push them to do better and not find that spark to better themseleves by themselves, Utaha and Eriri can get lost when no one is leading them, and thus, they're not true creators.
𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕆𝕍𝔼. 𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼.
Jun 8, 2017 11:59 AM
Jan 2017
While the talk between Tomoya and Utaha was an emotional plus for the episode, it was not the highlight. This episode introduced an unexpected kind of character, a physical antagonist. Not a well-intentioned rival, but an actual villain. Akane Kousaka brings a whole aspect to the series by being the one who pushes Eriri and Utaha long past the point of tolerance. I'm actually impressed by this development. Utaha told Tomoya he wasn't cut out to be a producer because he is too nice for his own good, instead of being someone who urges creatives to push themselves. Well, how does a cruel and aggressive producer who cares for nothing except for artistic perfection sound to you, Utaha? Seriously, I had a lot of fun with the meeting at the end. For once, I'm glad I'm watching this series weekly instead of binge-watching. Anyway, I look forward for the next episode.
Jun 8, 2017 12:01 PM
Mar 2017
that was sure whore mouth of akane
but it is the true logic, she needs eri and utako to make the project shines while both eri and utako need akane to greatly level them up (in terms of business and skills)
then again both eri and utako really looking forward to work and shine together as they secretly admire each other

ah and there is no kato, lookin forward about her action in this double betrayal
Jun 8, 2017 12:14 PM
May 2017
Well.. It was to be expected, these girls were stuck artistically speaking, because they interposed their feelings with the work (love to Tomoya), situation that did not let them advance and surpass themselves with a director as friendly as the man in question. Obviously it's not Tomoya's fault, since it's something personal to them. They needed to get away from their distraction to be able to overcome and reach the top. In any case, they betrayed him by not mentioning him previously that they had a great company wanting them to be recruited, and that they were going to accept.

I think that was the best for all.

I dont remember if Katou was mad at them for that decision.
Jun 8, 2017 12:16 PM

Jul 2015
Contreras1991 said:
Well.. It was to be expected, these girls were stuck artistically speaking, because they interposed their feelings with the work (love to Tomoya), situation that did not let them advance and surpass themselves with a director as friendly as the man in question. Obviously it's not Tomoya's fault, since it's something personal to them. They needed to get away from their distraction to be able to overcome and reach the top. In any case, they betrayed him by not mentioning him previously that they had a great company wanting them to be recruited, and that they were going to accept.

Considering that she stated that she hated it when decisions about the circle are kept secret, I think she will be.
𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕆𝕍𝔼. 𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼.
Jun 8, 2017 12:25 PM
May 2017
XaneKudo said:
Contreras1991 said:

Considering that she stated that she hated it when decisions about the circle are kept secret, I think she will be.

Yes, she will be, considering that those who did this (Utaha and Eriri) and the one they hurt (Tomoya) were very close to her, especially the Guy.
Jun 8, 2017 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
I can't help but feel pissed off at this point with this series. Like why did it just feel as though the show paralleled a massive NTR/Cuck scenario with Akane Kousaka scouting Eriri and Utaha? I mean...poor Tomoya seriously. I can understand the need to challenge oneself in the creative process to go above and beyond when it comes to producing quality works (hell as a writer myself I always strive to outdoing something I've done before) but this...this was just straight up bullshit. Maybe they were making a parallel to pretty much what is going on in the industry right now, how creators are overworked and underpaid. Or maybe it's just drama to stir the plot along but either way...wow. Talk about a rage-inducing situation.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 8, 2017 12:26 PM

Sep 2015
Shiro Neko and Glenn poster! Me want!!!!
Jun 8, 2017 12:34 PM

Nov 2008
Okay im really starting to fucking hate this series now because im getting sick and tired of this DRAMA HORSESHIT!

After im done with this shit, the only thing worth a damn to me are the Utaha doujins and this manga. https://myanimelist.net/manga/62083/Saenai_Heroine_no_Sodatekata__Koisuru_Metronome
Jun 8, 2017 1:16 PM
Sep 2014
antonn said:

That would be an awesome ending.
Jun 8, 2017 1:46 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was an edgy mess. Worst episode.
Jun 8, 2017 2:00 PM

Aug 2014
i kinda of felt sad for the MC but it was reasonable for them to take it tbh , but it felt like the characters were over-reacting specially at the proposal scene and it also pissed me off that eriri just took the job without saying anything about it ( same thing with utaha ) it felt like they weren't taking their circle as serious as the rest of the characters in it , it was a good episode overall i guess
RPWPAJun 8, 2017 4:30 PM
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 8, 2017 2:17 PM

Feb 2014
My thoughts on this episode, like with the characters themselves, are pretty conflicting.

I have full sympathy for Tomoya, although Utaha is right to point out that he is too nice for his own good, hence why Utaha and Eriri wouldn't be able to flourish their skills to their full potential if they stayed with his group all the time.

However, getting scouted by the right person to help you flourish those skills can be good, but in this case with Akane, I have my doubts. Akane might boast a very impressive record in doujins, but her personality is just toxic. She showed just how easily it was to copy the artwork of Eriri at her current best, but did it in a way that would break her confidence and mentally.

It doesn't matter how successful Akane is, I wouldn't work for her if she treated me like that. ¬_¬

As for Kato, who didn't appear in this episode, she made it clear to Tomoya last week that she doesn't want decisions like these being kept secret from other members of the doujin group, so I do see her getting pissed off at both Utaha and Eriri for this.

I hope Tomoya can Save Eriri from this. It's better to push someone out of their comfort zone in order to grow instead of hitting them out of it with a sledgehammer. =/
Jun 8, 2017 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
Episodes without Kato are literally painful to watch, with those overbearing shit drama and all.

Fucking hell.

And Akane, what in the flying fuck ? She's just so retardedly over the top i couldn't even take her seriously at all, even more so to Utaha and Eriri who suddenly went beta to the max.
loli_a_ravioliJun 8, 2017 2:52 PM
Jun 8, 2017 2:48 PM

Jan 2016
Yea.............. Don't even tell your director and the boy you like that you're gonna ditch him, YOU EVEN READ HIS WHOLE SCRIPT FFS

I kinda want this to turn into a revenge story of Tomoya and Katou UGH SO IRITATTING. I thought that Utaha was the best girl but i'm in doubt now.
Jun 8, 2017 2:51 PM

Sep 2015
i really hate it when they force drama like that.

also it seems like the writer from Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata doesn't know anything about how creatives are handled or creativity in general. usually you give them as much free space as possible - every big corporation does it.

Jun 8, 2017 3:01 PM
Mar 2015
Akane has turned his best against him Good thing he can rely on Kato
Jun 8, 2017 3:06 PM
Dec 2011
Wow this 2 bitches totally betrayed tomoya. Can't wait for tomoya to rebuke them and drink their tears. Kind of a wierd phoned in situation to create drama for drama's sake. Doesn't fit their character at all but we'll have to wait till the next episode to see if they have an actual good justification for this.
Jun 8, 2017 3:07 PM

Jun 2017
So after witnessing this psychological NTR I am here to share my opinion lol.

I equally liked all 3 girls but now I am only siding with Kato.

Real friends don't pull shit like this.

Just what did Utaha and Eriri expect on the creative side of things when they only joined to get into Tomoya's pants in the first place? The only one who genuinely wanted to make something was Kato.

Sure, it's a bit ironic that this happens with Tomoya not long after what he pulled during the winter comiket but that wasn't that serious of a matter in the first place. Yes, I do think he was a dick there but at least he learned a lot from it and we saw him reflecting.

And what's with not being able to improve if you are not pushed? What's the point of creating if it's not fun?

This is why many manga gets axed, just to say an example, I feel like that One Piece is doing well because the author can do what he wants, I don't see any influence of the publisher and editors. Bleach on the other hand felt like it wasn't even the authors' work from like the second half altogether and got the axe. Overworking authors is a very bad thing in my opinion and if I was a creator I wouldn't like the pushy approach.

But to be back on topic.

There was also some great irony from Eriri, she was the first one to jump and say that she won't betray Tomoya no matter what and got turned so easily because someone trash talked her... Just wow. She fell for the bait and simply rage accepted that proposal imo. Good job on nullifying all your progress with the MC there! Now it became pointless that he busted his ass to your place abandoning everyone in the process when you were sick.

Utaha, what the fuck? I thought she was the most loyal out of everyone but I was wrong apparently. I can't even understand why she went with the whole thing, she never looked like someone who needed hardcore pushing but now she suddenly needs it and ditched Tomoya for it. Didn't she like working with him in the first place because he was kind? The way I see it she accepted simply because of selfishness.

I can see karma biting them in the ass working with a tyrant like Akane. Heck, I think it will be full cliché mode and they are going to cry themselves back into Tomoya's circle lol.

If I were Tomoya, I wouldn never be able to forgive this. Let's say, I got informed about it in time and talked things out I might not even be that upset and could still see the friendships going.

Now the only thing I am eagerly waiting is Kato's reaction to this, it has to be priceless. She has no particular talents going for her but at least she is truly loyal.
Jun 8, 2017 3:53 PM

Jan 2013
I don't say this often. But Tomoya was cucked hard by Akane.
Great episode.
Jun 8, 2017 4:29 PM

Apr 2013
The reactions in this thread is pretty much what I expect when the anime butchers the living shit out of the source material.

Shit is like Oregairu Season 2 but much much worse.

Such a garbage tier adaption of Saekano.

Jun 8, 2017 4:34 PM
Nov 2016
Man great epsiode, even though I don't like the let's keep it a secret aspect for no good apparent reason(I guess they're still moody scared high schoolers), I really liked the concept. The idea that as a producer/creator you're not able to satisfy the creative needs of your colleagues which are also close friends sounds pretty terrifying as a creator myself. That projects you were planning to build together with them start crumbling right in front of your eyes. They have every right to do what they want to do, and you actually would want to support them but it would hurt a lot anyway. A representation of a true fear that many creatives genuinely think about.
Jun 8, 2017 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
FUCK ERIRI
FUCK UTAHA
FUCKING BETA CUCKS.

Hope Tomoya and Kato continue on making the game with new illustrator/write(idk). Need that revenge plot so badly.
Jun 8, 2017 4:44 PM

Jul 2014
Dunno about so much drama AND AGAIN DON'T PUT TOO MUCH UNREALISTIC REACTIONS it only make the one cringe even harder , she wiped the floor with them and now they want to work for her wow ~

I somehow understand but the way come across it was cringe worthy and the two bitches hide it about him for whole goddamn month that BS there
Jun 8, 2017 4:54 PM
Mar 2016
Just Overdramatic thing in this episode make me want to vomit
look like Anime director didnt has confidence to make story with normal talk but big trouble

well even tomoya didnt has Eri and Utaha in his circle, tomoya still has candidate for his team, Izumi-chan, she must be enjoyable to join tomoya circle, and for story
i think in Saekano Metronome Story, tomoya knew some another novel author who can join his circle
Jun 8, 2017 5:00 PM
Aug 2015
Wow, that's a real kick in the teeth for Tomoya.

On one hand, I can understand Utaha and Eriri's reasons for being tempted by such an offer. I mean, it's a no-brainer really. They receive a golden opportunity to work for a famous producer, along with a big project that will push them further and bring out the very best of their creativity. Not to mention, the incentives that goes with the offer, can be quite irresistible: being recognized by a wider fanbase and more money. Any sane person in their shoes, would take the offer.

However on the other hand, they decided to wait a whole month, allowing Tomoya to have this false hope before they finally broke the news to him. That's just cruel.

Jun 8, 2017 5:15 PM
May 2016
IMO. I really hate Eriri to the bones

Remember when they were kids she abandoned tomoya because he`s an otaku and does not want to sacrifice her Social Life?

And Now this for the second time.

Eriri is so much worse than Tomoya, IMO She`s much more selfish and inconsiderate thinking its always about her.

And I agree Only MASOCHIST would want to work with Akane, If you have any self respect as a professional you wont..
Jun 8, 2017 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
hoopla123 said:
The reactions in this thread is pretty much what I expect when the anime butchers the living shit out of the source material.

Shit is like Oregairu Season 2 but much much worse.

Such a garbage tier adaption of Saekano.

Man at least with S2 Yahari i feel the anime was more consistent with its tone, with Saekano more often than not they just shoved Utaha sex jokes or some flavorless meta jokes in one moment and the next few seconds everyone looked like they got death sentence or something.
Jun 8, 2017 5:43 PM

May 2015
after all that happened cant believe that eriri would ditch tomoya like this
Jun 8, 2017 5:43 PM

Jun 2014
Man it's fucked up how Eriri and Utaha didn't even tell Tomoya about the fact that they worked on that Field Chronicle project until AFTER it was done. I felt bad for him in this episode.

Also, I find it a tad bit ridiculous how Akane was shitting all over them (especially Eriri) but they still ended up working with her. I understand Utaha said she wanted to work with someone that would push her to work harder, but if I had a meeting like that I wouldn't even bother, not worth it imo.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 8, 2017 5:47 PM

May 2015
Oh god, things just took a sharp turn in this episode. I kinda feel bad for Tomoya now, kinda feels like they backstabbed him.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

278 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

178 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

101 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

100 by Strikrr »»
Jan 19, 3:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.