Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 3, 2017 9:05 AM

Mar 2017
Shokamoka said:
WELL DONE FUMIAKI SENSEI!

This episode is exactly what I've hoped for it to be!

Crying Kato, angry Kato, Tsundere Kato, cooking Kato, naked Kato, Kato throwing tantrum, Deredere Kato, Kato in love.

Long live SSKato!

No more words necessary.

5/5 for best girl Kato.
BlueIsLoveJun 3, 2017 9:10 AM
Jun 3, 2017 6:26 PM
Jan 2010
Xenobreaker said:
By the way, do you have a preference amongst the girls?

I preferred Utaha but only because I'm into flirty onee-san type characters. But I've given up on rooting for anyone (even Megumi) the moment I saw how unfair the story sees the three "main girls".
Jun 4, 2017 12:11 AM
Jun 2017
Well it was the best ep of season 1 n season 2 combined so far. Well I was just thinking if anybody can tell which vol u guys this would cover. I guess just vol 8 seems so. Well that means the show on a cliffhanger again I guess. Couldn't they have an original ending. Plz I hope they make ovas out of it. Plz finish the story.
Jun 4, 2017 4:39 AM
Dec 2016
Is it just me that thinking Kato is like Utaha & Eriri fusion? I mean her hair is like Utaha and Eriri combined together.
ANNNDD does Kato boobs bigger in this episode? XD
Jun 4, 2017 6:55 AM
Apr 2016
Gagzob said:
Plz I hope they make ovas out of it. Plz finish the story.

Bruh. It will take another season or two to finish the rest of the story!
Jun 4, 2017 7:52 AM

Dec 2013
Stark700 said:

I don't think he really needed to apologize to her though.

I bet people avoided you irl because this is the sign of unlikable people irl.
Jun 4, 2017 8:23 AM
Apr 2017
Xenobreaker said:
Orix said:

Utaha and Eriri already had their moments with Tomoya. HOWEVER, the cultists seem to imply that whatever Megumi had done with Tomoya far outshines Utaha's recognition of Tomoya's talent as an equal and Eriri's moment of solace with Tomoya in Nasu Kogen. It severely enrages me that Utaha and Eriri is always considered inferior compared to Megumi when Megumi has not yet done anything at the level of Utaha writing entire scenarios and Eriri hand-painting illustrations for Cherry Blessing.

Thanks for your reply. I see what you are saying and I agree that those are very important scenes in this series.

In all honesty, I have a preference for Megumi but my preference for her was established back when I read the initial light novels before the creation of the anime. Back then, Megumi wasn't very popular, Eriri and Utaha were seriously way more popular. I don't know why she suddenly became popular in the anime though (probably a combination of the format and the performance of the seiyuu). I preferred her then because she seemed to be the only one of the three, at least for me, to give effort into making the game without some kind of ulterior motive. She was literally dragged into the otaku world with Tomoya guilt-tripping her into joining a circle that has yet to even be created with some tactless ludicrous reasoning. While she was the normal girl who had to learn about literally everything from scratch, Eriri was already a great artist and Utaha was already an established writer. There was nothing for her to gain and yet, she seemed to be the one giving genuine effort to create the game with Tomoya rather than for Tomoya.

Of course, this is just my impression of Megumi. Some will agree with me, some will disagree, but at least one person will have a rage-induced heart attack reading my opinion lol.

I guess, what it boils down to, is that "best girl" is a subjective thing and people shouldn't put down other characters especially in a genre like this. I don't know why others prefer Megumi especially those who've only seen the anime but this is my reason. To each his/her own but people should at least give a substantial justification.

By the way, do you have a preference amongst the girls?

Megumi feels like the voice of reason is why. Eriri and Utaha try to hit on the MC too hard. Maybe most people didn't really like it. Megumi felt like a goddess in a way. She didn't interfere directly. She was always watching from the back, made snarky remarks and only jumped in for the finisher. There's also the pretty obvious part that Megumi would be the chosen one anyway so that mindset sort of got into people's minds. Eriri and Utaha both had their chances so to speak - years back, so it's a lost clause. The 2 are both bitches in their own way as well - not just because they're fighting for attention but all the crap they pull. Megumi is your breath of fresh air. She's also had the most character growth throughout the series - from being a nobody to someone having a lot more character. Eriri and Utaha retained most of their stereotypes.

As for the anime - it's clearly Megumi focused. A lot of Eriri and Utaha's scenes were cut out altogether.

p.s. I prefer Eriri though.

Jun 4, 2017 11:01 PM

May 2015
a harem where every girl is best girl wtf?
Jun 5, 2017 9:32 AM

Oct 2013
Kato best girl

Tomoya is annoying
Jun 5, 2017 11:26 AM
May 2017
First time kato have expression. Mad, cry, scared, I think it's so cute
Jun 5, 2017 12:34 PM

May 2011
They heavily butchered lots of scenes in volume 6 and 7 for eriri and utaha but it seems like they adapted kato's scene relatively well this time around :/ I wonder if it's because kato's the one fetching most profit for the franchise so the anime team decided to do this or what but i can't say i'm hating the decision after such a heavily diabetic episode of kato <3

I've only read up till half of volume 7, can anyone tell me did they cut anything from this episode up until now?

@hoopla123 insights please

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 5, 2017 1:50 PM

Apr 2013
Kiev said:
They heavily butchered lots of scenes in volume 6 and 7 for eriri and utaha but it seems like they adapted kato's scene relatively well this time around :/ I wonder if it's because kato's the one fetching most profit for the franchise so the anime team decided to do this or what but i can't say i'm hating the decision after such a heavily diabetic episode of kato <3

I've only read up till half of volume 7, can anyone tell me did they cut anything from this episode up until now?

@hoopla123 insights please

This episode was fine in terms of pacing.

They probably skipped some scenes but I couldn't be assed at this point to go over every detail by doing a comparison with the LN (since this Katou segment isn't a significant element in volume 7).

I think they adapted around 50 pages worth of content in about one episode.

I find it funny how they would put time into adapting this scene with a whole episode but go around butchering fucking everything that is important in Volume 6 and 7 and rushing it to infinity and beyond. At this point, Saekano S2 is near a garbage tier adaptation.

Jun 6, 2017 2:18 AM

Jul 2015
Kato doesn't even know how much waifu power she has...

If I ever failed to a girl like that I would probably open my stomach.
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Jun 6, 2017 4:24 AM
Jul 2018
yep, I'm still believing in the adage that goes "Kato best gril".
Jun 6, 2017 11:07 AM

May 2011
hoopla123 said:

I find it funny how they would put time into adapting this scene with a whole episode but go around butchering fucking everything that is important in Volume 6 and 7 and rushing it to infinity and beyond. At this point, Saekano S2 is near a garbage tier adaptation.

It's the money my friend, megumi's merchandise were the ones who fetched the largest sum of profit in terms of sales compared to the others, utaha came in a close second. I'm thinking that the anime team was probably pressured by the sponsors to push a heavily megumi episode so that they can milk her off when it comes to merchandise sales again. I remember reading somewhere that somone actually paid a ridiculous sum of money for the 1:1 megumi doll.

Apart from sales, i can't think of any other reason why would they want to butcher so many contents..Whelp..It's the rotten industry we are in..

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 6, 2017 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
Kiev said:
hoopla123 said:

It's the money my friend, megumi's merchandise were the ones who fetched the largest sum of profit in terms of sales compared to the others, utaha came in a close second. I'm thinking that the anime team was probably pressured by the sponsors to push a heavily megumi episode so that they can milk her off when it comes to merchandise sales again. I remember reading somewhere that somone actually paid a ridiculous sum of money for the 1:1 megumi doll.

Apart from sales, i can't think of any other reason why would they want to butcher so many contents..Whelp..It's the rotten industry we are in..

That's quite a fair argument actually.

Still sucks major ass...
Jun 6, 2017 4:33 PM
Mar 2015
Hey guys, i have a serious question: is Kato in love of Aki?
Maybe i seem to be a idiot, but i'm just a normal guy who can't understand girls feelings and this one is harder than the others.

Is she just too shy to express herself or isn't she interested in Aki?, I should rewatch the series from the first episode to get by myself what is happening, but i don't have a lot of free time and the uncertainty it's driving me mad.

PD: Sorry about my bad english, i'm from Spain.
Jun 7, 2017 5:16 AM
Apr 2016
DepMatao said:
\is Kato in love of Aki?

Is she just too shy to express herself or isn't she interested in Aki?

Her sign of developed feelings started as early as the first season. though it was extremely vague anyone could have mistook her for just being nice. (insert friendzone comments here)

This episode pretty much cleared the deductions about what I said earlier. It is now true that she really does love him in a way.
Kato definitely loves Tomoya more than a friend from this point on.

She even said so herself when she was lecturing Tomoya.

"You're right, Aki. Human relationships change."

"Depending on the time spent together and their changing feelings, think they need to change their attitudes and actions to reflect that."

"Yet I don't understand why your attitude didn't change at Winter Comiket."

"If you know all this, why couldn't you do that for me?"

"Have we not gotten close?"

So yes, she's not being direct at all. Rather, she's hinting that it is Tomoya who SHOULD be feeling in love with her. This literally screams Tsundere Megumi.
Jun 7, 2017 12:59 PM

Aug 2013
How Katou can be so perfect.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 7, 2017 10:42 PM
Aug 2013
What an episode, it left me a great impression like when you see something really good and think about it for days :)

I liked the way Katou outbursted her emotions, great job from the Voice actress there !
:)
Jun 8, 2017 3:08 AM
Jun 2017
Speachless.... my saenai heroine from early series. ik ive choose the right girl *w*
Jun 8, 2017 10:18 PM

Aug 2011
Antanaru said:
The only bad thing to say about Kato is if she really falls for that trashy MC. Otherwise she would be perfect.

The bane of anime females.
Jun 11, 2017 11:11 PM
Aug 2016
Katou is fucking besto
Jun 12, 2017 7:48 PM

Dec 2014
I did not think Kato will become this much interesting...best girl ever
Jun 15, 2017 7:43 AM

Aug 2013
Katou was so adorable in this episode. All her reactions from the crying face to the blanket scene to her stomping her feet on the bed was so adorable. Katou!! <3

It was great that this episode mainly focused on Tomoya and Katou and allowed their relationship to develop further.

Jun 16, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2012
Kato showed so much emotion and many expressions in this episode, an angry little cute bee. Rage splish splashing the water at the tub lol.

Kato definitely the best gril!!!

Jun 21, 2017 10:24 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Beautiful episode. Really loved how they made up and best of all Megumi once again proves she's THE best girl and easily Waifu for Aki. They look so natural together.

Really loved the scene where Megumi cleans Aki's face, so adorable. And then the bed scene where she's doing a bit of kicking, simply adorable. Nice to see them back together, hopefully this time Aki doesn't commit the same mistake as last time.

Jun 23, 2017 2:22 AM

Dec 2013
This episode is further proof that Katou is best girl.
Jun 24, 2017 7:35 AM

Jan 2016
Ok, after this episode, I came back to having Kato as a "waifu". Haha! It's just so heart melting the Kato in this episode. <3
Jul 1, 2017 8:55 PM

Feb 2012
This was the most emotive episode of all. I was getting a little bored of the premise of the show, but I am not going to lie this episode was great. It felt more real.. Kato is the most developed character in this story and she is really likeable.
Jul 5, 2017 5:00 AM

Oct 2010
chrisnet said:
NONE CAN RESIST THE GENERIC DENSE PROTAGONIST!

Much like a black hole, they generate a gravitational field that pulls any any girl that gets too close. :)
Jul 5, 2017 6:09 AM
Mar 2012
lol the famous black thunder choco. Already got a bag here.
That some Kato rollercoaster.
Mc understands but he barely changes.
Jul 10, 2017 10:32 AM

Oct 2013
This is Captain speaking... Aki x Utaha senpai ship is about to crash, abandon ship, I repeat abandon SHIP ! ! ! ! it won't set sail, but as the Captain let me stay and sink with the ship till the end :')
Jul 11, 2017 4:06 PM
Aug 2010
I still think that Eriri > Utaha > Kato, but after these last episodes I'm fine with the idea of a Kato ending, she might not be the best girl but has great compatibility with the MC.

I'm pretty sure this will have a Kato ending, but I'm less salty about it thanks to this and last episode.
Jul 14, 2017 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
Kato x Tomoya are by far the best couple in this show. Jfc I hope they don't stay just friends. It's so obvious that they are into each other.
Jul 18, 2017 12:42 PM

Jun 2014
holy shit episode of the year anime ever!!!!
not enough kato!

Katou/10
Jul 22, 2017 2:53 PM

Feb 2013
Best girl Megumi episode!

She is so in love with him even though she basically denied it.
That complaint about using her phone while in the bath... quite obvious.
Aug 15, 2017 9:56 PM
May 2012
my heart....is crying.
Sep 22, 2017 11:52 AM

Sep 2014
Hmm, a Megumi episode. Interesting.
Yay, Tomoya and Katou are friends again! This episode had a lot of dialogue, but it was important.
I really liked Katou's expressions, especially when Tomoya led her into the soundproof room and closed the door. The misunderstanding was obvious but Katou looked scared/surprised/embarrassed. I think she expected a kiss from Tomoya and secretly wanted it, so it was cute.
Oct 10, 2017 8:08 PM
Dec 2015
Kato Megumi mode ON! hahah the "rape time" was hylarous.
Oct 14, 2017 8:30 PM

Aug 2010
Great Katou centric episode. Fulll of cuteness from Katou.

Just like Tomoya, I will not forget how Katou was in this episode :)
Oct 26, 2017 11:50 AM

Sep 2011
This episode made me realize how much I love Kato as a character.
Oct 27, 2017 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
Aki: i love stories About the Girls i love!
Megumi Think what he just said & the fact that ur the Heroine of hes story, didn't it sound like subconscious confession of love to u, well it did to me, don't be so tense girl :)
Nov 11, 2017 2:14 AM

Nov 2007
Self-quoting what I posted in Jan 08, 2015 after watching Episode 0 of Saekano.

shanimebib said:
I am #TeamMainHeroine.

And it still hasn't changed a bit for a second after all these episodes. Megumi was the reason why I took an interest in this anime and she remained my main interest throughout this anime. It's not to say that I don't like Utaha and Eriri. To be honest, if they were in other stories I would probably root for either of them but I guess their luck ran out the moment they were pitted against one of the best waifus Japan has ever produced.

Best episode of the whole anime (including the first season) so far. How can you beat the best waifu when she does something like this?!

Besides, anyone can notice how Megumi fits perfectly with the description of the heroine Tomoya dreams of and wants to make a game based of.

Showering us with so many different emotions and expressions of the best girl aside, I could mention so many instances when I said to myself "SHE IS SO DAMN CUTE!" throughout this episode that I stopped counting at one point and then she goes and throws her legs under the blanket like that!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 19, 2017 8:46 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely development, really looking forwards for the next episode!
Jan 20, 2018 5:54 AM

May 2015
Katou is just to good for Aki.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 16, 2018 12:20 AM

Aug 2017
Utaha still #1. It looks like the team cannot come together for another project.

I want to see some harems where the MC really ends up with a harem and has multiple wives and a bunch of kids. I don't like having one winner and letting the rest go.
May 13, 2018 11:44 AM
May 2018
Im so happy, at last Kato can't hold it anymore and show her feeling.

hate fk Dense MC. fk otaku MC.

Im with Kato from begining, i knew i choose right the right one.

This episode gave me diabetus 3x.

Unbelieveble AV performance.

Well done well done, first time i comment, i have to.
May 5, 2019 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
Well I'm glad this got resolved very quickly. Though a mad Katou is kinda funny somehow as well. Now could we please get some more Michiru again?
Jul 2, 2019 6:37 AM

Jun 2017
This episode was just one of the best! So many Kato emotions, Angry Kato, Nagging Kato, Tsundere Kato, Deredere Kato and many more, this is just too sweet. Cuteness overload this episode, Kato best girl!!!I'm glad they made up and their relationship progressed even further.

On the other hand, that AVR scene was just wonderful, especially the part where Tomoya got embarrassed to oblivion.

“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

207 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

75 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

278 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

101 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.