Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 31, 2017 9:39 AM
Jun 2015
It has good presentation of its tear jerking scenes but the characters and story are below average. I gave it in average score because it basically gets everything right but the characters and the story. The last few episodes are good but everything else was mediocre or pointless.
May 31, 2017 11:12 AM
Mar 2017
Omkar_Nagwade said:
Stridex said:
It was average for me really. It feels too rushed and i personally the ending left a huge hole in my heart :/ I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THAT

Same here. I need some more Kanade x Otonashi.

I totally feel u 😢 Like that moment it all ended, i was left at the corner of my room. Felt horribly painful 😥
Jun 2, 2017 1:50 AM

Jan 2013
Moved from Anime Discussion
Jun 9, 2017 5:23 AM

Nov 2016

What can I say lol,I didn't even understand the story itself (. ゚ー゚)

But aside from Kanade didn't like the show much.The comedy was good though :)
Nov 12, 2017 4:14 PM

Oct 2017
Its an enjoyable anime with interesting themes but sadly very rushed which means it wastes a lot of potential. Huge shame.
Nov 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah, I agree that it was good for its time. It was one of the first anime I watched, so it holds a special place in my heart for that reason. However, I can't ignore the blatant plot hole.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 12, 2017 5:01 PM

Jan 2013
For me it's also nothing special but still a great series, that last episode which make it memorable.

Nov 12, 2017 5:59 PM

Oct 2017
Wouldnt say greatest thing on the planet or my favorite but i cant lie i loved it.
Nov 25, 2017 12:23 AM
Oct 2017
For me this anime is even less than one star. What the fuck is going on in it. I didn't understand the story and all the characters were doing nothing but getting their ass fucked. Their were two hot chicks but no ecchiness. On top of that 2-3 episodes are just on getting dinner or whatever fuckin meal and fish. Uptill now I've felt like killing myself, but if that's what happens after death and meeting those stupid people, I'd better stay here. Extremely shit anime.
Dec 4, 2017 10:31 PM

May 2017
JZurawski25 said:
Seems like everyone has seen Angel Beats and thinks its the greatest thing on the planet. I mean, it was good, but was it really THAT good?

Yes, it really is THAT good. Anything less than a 10/10 is a crime against anime and WHO didn't weep buckets on that last episode?
Dec 17, 2017 1:21 PM

May 2017
It's in my top 20 all time. I think the decision to have characters disappear without any visual effects was brilliant and more shocking. The last scene gave me pause, because if Otonoshi and Kanade have no memory of each other what's the point?
Dec 17, 2017 1:50 PM

Sep 2017
it was boring and if it weren't for the sad ending it'd be completely forgettable.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Dec 17, 2017 1:59 PM
Nov 2017
Finally got around to watching Angel Beats! that was recommended to me here on my first day.

First two episodes in and I was underwhelmed. I thought "This is a top rated anime! Am I aging too fast!? Did I miss something?" Ridiculous, given I didn't finish the show, but I jump to conclusions early. I'm impulsive, I own that.

I'm not exactly sure when my mind flipped, but it was somewhere between the increasingly rising religion talk, the nerd with a body of a diamond and the rocket chairs.

I laughed my ass off. Out loud for the first time in a long time. I thought about religion and Ideals for the first time in a long time. I became invested in the characters (Well, most of them) Iwasawa hit home. That was ME.

I felt depressed when the backstories were revealed, I became happy when they were resolved. I actually started to cry in the finale as he told her he loved her and I got to see characters depart with finality.

It was an amazing show. I was happily proven wrong. a 9/10 show.
There were a few issues I had, but, trivial in the long run.

Also, the special episode with the tension meter has to be one of the most absurd, off the wall, hilarious things I've ever seen
CrystalGemFoxDec 17, 2017 2:04 PM
Mar 4, 2018 3:26 PM
Mar 2012
Angel Beats is alot worse if you've seen any other Key adaptation. They all use similar tropes, but Angel Beats does it worse.
Mar 14, 2018 5:19 PM
Dec 2012
Specimen021 said:
Angel Beats was seriously, seriously flawed;
the pacing was off most of the time, it's too short for its own good, it introduced so many characters, that I can't even remember their names (and they did literally nothing other than being there) and the first two episodes especially are a complete and utter mess.

With that said, I love it and it's one of about five shows I rewatch regularly. When it hits, there's really nothing like it.

This in all honesty is the best way to sum up Angel Beats. This show had immense amount of potential considering the themes that could've been discussed and how much it could've developed these very well designed characters. Sadly it does not do that, the story feels too rushed, the characters were barely developed (except maybe 2-3 out of like 10-20?), the pacing is way off and the themes are barely explored/expanded upon.

Even with all these faults though, the music used in the anime is top notch such as 'Unjust Life' and 'Theme of SSS'.The op and ed are very well animated (the opening showing snippets of the episode without spoiling anything was sort of unique and the ending showing the vast cast slowly appear/disappear was also cool)

Some of the dialouges were very well written, such as "Our lives were real! Not a single moment of them were fake! Everyone lived the best they could! We carved those memories into ourselves! Memories of living as hard as we could! No matter what kind they were, they're the life we led! Erasing them in the blink of an eye like that... Wasn't your life also real to you?!" And "I only have one chance to have my life, and it's right here. It's the only life I have. This is my life. I can't give it to anyone else, It can't be stolen, I can't force it on anyone, or forget it, or make it disappear, or trample on it, or laugh it away, or beautify it. I have no choice but to accept this one cruel, meaningless life! That's why I will fight, and why I will continue fighting"

Tl;dr
Overall, I think Angel Beats is lowkey overrated due to it's feelsy and tearjerking scenes. True they are strong and effective but I personally don't think it makes up for the lack of character development and story. Despite its flaws I would still recommend this show to anyone as it is still hilarious from time to time, has really good music and (without trying to contradict myself) the feels are real bruh, they are too stronk
KashifamMar 14, 2018 5:43 PM
Mar 16, 2018 12:04 PM
Mar 2018
JZurawski25 said:
Seems like everyone has seen Angel Beats and thinks its the greatest thing on the planet. I mean, it was good, but was it really THAT good?

That's called fandom. It mostly dies down a bit after you watched it, because, well, there are more important things in life to most peoples than entertainment and it won't be the last best show ever.

However I just recently watched the last episode and it got my eyes sweating a bit and the following night a bit short, because I was at least expecting some romance regarding either Yuri or Kanada. But instead you got Maeda's main theme: 'tear-jerking cries' and a bit of 'happy-end', which in my opinion was not given. Your Name had a happy ending scene that should have been the same in here, but instead just speculations to keep some viewers hope's up.
And it got me thinking straight away. Not just did it feel like it actually ended in episode 12, but it made you think about the flaws of the series logic, which I will touch in another thread.
Sep 6, 2021 10:35 AM
Apr 2020
Seeing how high the ratings is, I gave it a try, hoping that things will get better and gotten really bored after 6 episodes and just started skipping through...
Sep 6, 2021 10:42 AM

Mar 2017
Idk music and visuals were good ngl, but other than that it was not more than average for me
Sep 24, 2021 6:01 PM
Sep 2021
For myself I just started to explore the world of Anime. I always watch alot of tv show but never realy care about anime, but whit the pandemic i run out of tv show to watch. So I Google best anime to watch to give a try. I am a 30 year old man who never watch anime of is life, except kid cartoon when I was a kid. Angel Beats was the first real anime I watch 1 year ago. His it flaw, yes but for myself it's was the anime who open the door of the world of anime. And also you need to remember Angel Beats was suppose to be a 24 episode anime who get cut short because of the fear it will be a fail. It's why in my opinion it can be lack of pasting. I am sure my journey to the anime just begin but Angel Beats will always ave a special place for me .
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.