Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 29, 2017 11:34 PM

May 2012
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Gazz said:
the cringe in the first 3 minutes of this episode is very strong.

bad episode imo. If the episodes focuses on other characters (especially elf sensei), its fun to watch. But if its about Sagiri I was like, just have sex with your brother and enough with your tsundere attitude. its not cute, its annoying. and to masamune just fuck your little sister.

It isn't just the cringe, this show literally baffles me. They both love each other, everyone including themselves knows they love each other, despite this, multiple lolis fall for the guy anyway and their feelings are out in the open as well. And yet... it feels like nothing is happening in the show or from public response.
You literally described every single anime even close to the romance genre.
May 29, 2017 11:59 PM

Sep 2010
Kitsu-nee said:

Uh, at least Sagiri's cute I guess.

I really want to know what episode was that picture from
May 30, 2017 4:51 AM

Oct 2014
jasonhan416 said:
Kitsu-nee said:

POLICE SIREN COMING!
May 30, 2017 5:06 AM

May 2010
jasonhan416 said:
Kitsu-nee said:

It's the end card of this episode :D
May 30, 2017 5:25 AM
Oct 2016
I swear this anime would be good if half of it was not devoted to fan service. Though this episode managed to do well and have realistic interactions and depictions of children.
grotesque_figureMay 30, 2017 5:39 AM
May 30, 2017 5:27 AM

Mar 2009
I SCREAMED WHEN I SAW KURONEKO
May 30, 2017 5:55 AM

Nov 2016
Kuroneko and the references caught me off guard :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 30, 2017 7:30 AM
Apr 2017
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Gazz said:
the cringe in the first 3 minutes of this episode is very strong.

bad episode imo. If the episodes focuses on other characters (especially elf sensei), its fun to watch. But if its about Sagiri I was like, just have sex with your brother and enough with your tsundere attitude. its not cute, its annoying. and to masamune just fuck your little sister.

It isn't just the cringe, this show literally baffles me. They both love each other, everyone including themselves knows they love each other, despite this, multiple lolis fall for the guy anyway and their feelings are out in the open as well. And yet... it feels like nothing is happening in the show or from public response. It's leagues trashier then Oreimo, but nobody has dropped it yet. It's appeal is its trashiness, yet those same people brought in by it can't fully commit to going with the flow of the trash. It leaves me in a conflicted equilibrium that never feels quite right or wrong or even a semi-palatable combination. I think it's this weird feeling that keeps people watching just because they want to figure out what this odd experience is. Or they're of the "incest is wincest" faction.

Sagiri can't even talk to people directly. She has no friends and is literally afraid so this wouldn't fly. It baffles me that it baffles you. Masamune is trying to stick to his dream / goal as it gets repeated to infinity and until he does so he won't make the move. That's 1 of the blockers. It's explained too in the sense that the aunt won't let this go on unless he can make a living as a writer. That was a requirement. In the real world, it's 2 people loving each other doesn't mean it immediately happens. There's a lot more to it.
May 30, 2017 7:41 AM

Aug 2015
Reikuo said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

It isn't just the cringe, this show literally baffles me. They both love each other, everyone including themselves knows they love each other, despite this, multiple lolis fall for the guy anyway and their feelings are out in the open as well. And yet... it feels like nothing is happening in the show or from public response.

Harems and romcoms aren't romance anime. Look at anime like Nana, Golden Time, Nodame Cantabile, etc. if you want to see actual relationships carried out.
May 30, 2017 7:54 AM

May 2012
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Reikuo said:

Harems and romcoms aren't romance anime. Look at anime like Nana, Golden Time, Nodame Cantabile, etc. if you want to see actual relationships carried out.

No thanks. MAL has Eromanga Sensei listed as "Comedy, Drama, Romance" so yea, its a romance. Titanic is just as much of a romance as Mr. Deeds.
May 30, 2017 7:55 AM

Aug 2015
Sagiri can't even talk to people directly. She has no friends and is literally afraid so this wouldn't fly. It baffles me that it baffles you. Masamune is trying to stick to his dream / goal as it gets repeated to infinity and until he does so he won't make the move. That's 1 of the blockers. It's explained too in the sense that the aunt won't let this go on unless he can make a living as a writer. That was a requirement. In the real world, it's 2 people loving each other doesn't mean it immediately happens. There's a lot more to it.[/quote]

My problem is the uncertainty of Izumi's love. On the one hand he says "I love you as a little sister", on the other hand he can't date other girls because he says, "I'm already in love with someone." You wouldn't reject a girl because you love your little sister as a sister, it's because he loves her as a woman. And it isn't just because he doesn't want to hurt Sagiri's feelings, he genuinely has romantic feelings for her. At no point does he say he feels both brotherly and romantic love (is that even possible?) so which is it? The show doesn't focus on any conflicted feelings he might have about it, it just puts it out there with no further explanation because it's too busy boosting its wish-fulfillment factor by adding more girls to the mix who somehow have no problem with a guy loving his sister. Also, Izumi constantly switches from being aware and oblivious to Sagiri's feelings, so that gives less of a reason to think that they're even fully aware of each other's feelings.
May 30, 2017 7:56 AM

Aug 2015
Reikuo said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

No thanks. MAL has Eromanga Sensei listed as "Comedy, Drama, Romance" so yea, its a romance. Titanic is just as much of a romance as Mr. Deeds.

MAL is not an accurate reference for anything.
May 30, 2017 8:02 AM

Feb 2014
AvidAnimeViewer said:

My problem is the uncertainty of Izumi's love. On the one hand he says "I love you as a little sister", on the other hand he can't date other girls because he says, "I'm already in love with someone." You wouldn't reject a girl because you love your little sister as a sister, it's because he loves her as a woman. And it isn't just because he doesn't want to hurt Sagiri's feelings, he genuinely has romantic feelings for her. At no point does he say he feels both brotherly and romantic love (is that even possible?) so which is it? The show doesn't focus on any conflicted feelings he might have about it, it just puts it out there with no further explanation because it's too busy boosting its wish-fulfillment factor by adding more girls to the mix who somehow have no problem with a guy loving his sister. Also, Izumi constantly switches from being aware and oblivious to Sagiri's feelings, so that gives less of a reason to think that they're even fully aware of each other's feelings.

Bingo. You read my mind. I hate how he's trying to tie the line between brotherly and romantic love, you can't have both. That's a big problem with this show: it doesn't know what it wants to be in general.
May 30, 2017 8:14 AM

May 2012
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Reikuo said:

The show and novels are both romantic comedy. Leave it to the guy who said romcoms are not romance to say MAL is not a good reference for anything. You seem very delusional.
May 30, 2017 8:21 AM
Nov 2016
The only time I actually laughed or smiled was when the editor made a smug face. What a plain episode lol

May 30, 2017 8:25 AM

Aug 2015
Reikuo said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

The show and novels are both romantic comedy. Leave it to the guy who said romcoms are not romance to say MAL is not a good reference for anything. You seem very delusional.

Guess I should've phrased it as "harems and romcoms aren't about romantic relationships." Most romances in media only lead up to the two getting together, in harem and romcom anime you're lucky if they get that far.
May 30, 2017 8:40 AM

May 2012
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Reikuo said:

Guess I should've phrased it as "harems and romcoms aren't about romantic relationships." Most romances in media only lead up to the two getting together, in harem and romcom anime you're lucky if they get that far.

Well considering the low number of shows that get full adaptations, that is not surprising. In a completed manga or light novel series usually a conclusion is reached, again most series that get anime adaptations dont get all volumes animated. All your original "romance" examples had over 20 episodes anyway. For someone who claims to be "AvidAnimeViewer" you sure seem to be struggling with the basics. : /
May 30, 2017 9:04 AM

Aug 2015
Reikuo said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Well considering the low number of shows that get full adaptations, that is not surprising. In a completed manga or light novel series usually a conclusion is reached, again most series that get anime adaptations dont get all volumes animated. All your original "romance" examples had over 20 episodes anyway. For someone who claims to be "AvidAnimeViewer" you sure seem to be struggling with the basics. : /

The adaptation is a separate entity. Light novel and 1 cour adaptations have a problem of relying on people to read the source material after it's done to get the rest, and they may end up waiting 3+ years for the novel to finish (if it ever gets finished) which might not even have a satisfying conclusion. I'm fine with 1 cour harems/romcoms since I know most won't lead anywhere romantically, people expecting any significant development will be left disappointed (also most harems tend to be meh anyway). And the anime and light novels you're talking about only have the couple getting together at the end of the story. The romance anime I'm talking about don't take 13-26+ episodes for the couple to form, you actually get to see their relationship play out.
May 30, 2017 9:59 AM

May 2014
a really good episode with a lot of cameos
Ruri appears once again
but I really laugh at "Starburst Stream" hahaha

Muramasa and elf look good in their yukata
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2017 9:59 AM

May 2012
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Reikuo said:

The adaptation is a separate entity. Light novel and 1 cour adaptations have a problem of relying on people to read the source material after it's done to get the rest, and they may end up waiting 3+ years for the novel to finish (if it ever gets finished) which might not even have a satisfying conclusion. I'm fine with 1 cour harems/romcoms since I know most won't lead anywhere romantically, people expecting any significant development will be left disappointed (also most harems tend to be meh anyway). And the anime and light novels you're talking about only have the couple getting together at the end of the story. The romance anime I'm talking about don't take 13-26+ episodes for the couple to form, you actually get to see their relationship play out.

In a harem the climax would be the winner being chosen. They are not going to build up 4-5 candidates and then have a winner by episode 8. It might not be as deep as a stereotypical romance but its still romance and a popular format. As for your original criticism of the show and the point of all this, is that it just falls flat. Your clearly aware of differences between a serious romance, and a harem romcom. So if your going to criticize the show, keeping the ball on the court always helps to drive your point home better. Also Golden Time is very overdramatic and full of just as many tropes as Eromanga Sensei. I never intended to argue taste, however, my only point was that Eromanga Sensei is a romance series.
May 30, 2017 10:13 AM

Aug 2015
Reikuo said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

In a harem the climax would be the winner being chosen. They are not going to build up 4-5 candidates and then have a winner by episode 8. It might not be as deep as a stereotypical romance but its still romance and a popular format. As for your original criticism of the show and the point of all this, is that it just falls flat. Your clearly aware of differences between a serious romance, and a harem romcom. So if your going to criticize the show, keeping the ball on the court always helps to drive your point home better. Also Golden Time is very overdramatic and full of just as many tropes as Eromanga Sensei. I never intended to argue taste, however, my only point was that Eromanga Sensei is a romance series.

In most harem series the format is "first girl seen, last girl won" so even without the whole buildup it can be pretty obvious who will win, it's the same thing with Eromanga sensei. And yeah, Golden Time does have the whole amnesia shit and the mc is probably the weakest part of the show, but the girl's writing and the depiction of the relationships are pretty spot on (stupid misunderstanding and fights hit pretty hard speaking from experience). But you're right, harems are popular for good reason. They're perfect for escapism, they allow you to pick a waifu to suit your tastes, and when the mc gets momentarily lovey-dovey with them it feels like a win, but the end result is generally predetermined. Eromanga does have romance imo, but it's hard to justify when Izumi keeps flip-flopping between brotherly and romantic love. Not sure if they're attempting to pander to the incest community in some weird way by doing it, but it's frustrating when they choose not to settle on one.
May 30, 2017 10:36 AM
Apr 2017
LoomyTheBrew said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Bingo. You read my mind. I hate how he's trying to tie the line between brotherly and romantic love, you can't have both. That's a big problem with this show: it doesn't know what it wants to be in general.

Sagiri: I have someone I like
Izumi: Gets sad hearing the fact and ends up with the idea he's just liking her as a sister.

Let's put this into perspective - Izumi AND Sagiri both aren't confident. I mean sure Izumi is a published author but recently he's been knocked down so many times on his work submissions that he was about to give up (if not for Elf). You have to remember that he literally thought Eromanga Sensei would leave him immediately after Elf showed up. You can say they're both delusional and maybe it looks obvious to you but not to them.

Heck, Izumi's been trying to get Sagiri out of the room for the past year and failed. And now this same girl actually likes me? Yeah right... It's called self conditioning (to make oneself feel better). No I only like her a sister because it's impossible.

p.s. totally agree the last few episodes are bad. It went on a light novel tangent. I rather have the Megumi episodes than this. Whoever that came out of nowhere and hit on Izumi was ehhh. At least Elf was cool. She even played the piano.
May 30, 2017 11:27 AM

May 2009
@AvidAnimeViewer @LoomyTheBrew @remechan

Well, Masamune is torned between is love for Sagiri as a girl and as a part of family. He chose to favor his love for her as a brother's one because having a family is way more important for him due to his past, having lost her mother once then lost his father after he married again, he years for a family.
But Masamune is like Muramasa, it's not because his love got denied that he will stop loving her so easily. And would he morally accept dating someone else while still having those feeling? I don't think he would.
What matters is knowing if the girls will change him or not.

Also, the show made it clear that Sagiri love Masamune (that's why she doesn't want to act as his sister) by focusing a lot on Sagiri's facial expressions and reactions, but that doesn't mean it's as clear for Masamune.
Plus, Masamune know Sagiri only as a "little sister" while the anime hinted Sagiri know Masamune for a while and loved him first as a writer who got his story published later. (Hints are her reaction when Muramasa came in their house and the art she was drawing when younger.)

Otherwise, romcom (and particularly harem ones) still are romance, but it's unlikely to be more "real" than the other one. It's not because the romance is not the main focus of the serie (as a genre) that there is no romance at all. :o
May 30, 2017 11:49 AM
Feb 2014
Ruri best waifu. Aka: Kuroneko appeared... 10/10
May 30, 2017 6:24 PM

Sep 2015
Starburst stream had me dying.
May 31, 2017 2:09 AM

Feb 2016
黒猫!久しぶりです! We've missed you, Ruri!

And Muramasa-senpai is left handed. :D

May 31, 2017 12:01 PM

Jul 2013
That crossover cameo was rlly fucking cool. I miss best girl.
May 31, 2017 2:20 PM

Dec 2011
That Kuroneko cameo saved my soul 10000000000/10
May 31, 2017 6:00 PM

Nov 2015
Lol no one noticed that small change about Muramasa in the OP
and lmao Kirito looked like a villian
May 31, 2017 11:45 PM

Jun 2013
Holo!

Jun 1, 2017 2:24 AM

Jun 2008
Sagiri watching TV and Kuroneko shows up...

>Sagiri best girl confirmed!

It was great to see Onii-sama again!

Also fuck Kirito for getting a cameo!
Jun 1, 2017 12:42 PM

Nov 2014
It feels like a lot happened in this episode. All characters made some steps. I'm happy to see Muramasa isn't out yet.

Kuroneko scene made me smile.
Jun 1, 2017 4:36 PM

Dec 2014
well thaT reference to the first work though...nicely done but thought it was forced///.... overall ok episode
Jun 1, 2017 9:02 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
They really dropped the ball with the episode. Them cameos were hilarious, really added some fun to the episode.

Elf as always being adorable and having her ways with Masamune,
Sagiri was pretty funny, "I'm a poltergeist" lol

Jun 2, 2017 3:30 PM
Apr 2017
Ahaha I ship it so hard... idc if people say it's incest, their still an incredibly cute ship and I would love for it to come true!!! sagamune anyone?!?
Jun 5, 2017 1:07 PM

Jun 2015
Best episode yet
I wasn't expecting that Kuroneko cameo
Jun 8, 2017 12:12 AM

Jun 2017
good stuff there xD
Jun 12, 2017 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
I did not like the first minutes of the episode, but then the narration went to swollen sails. Funny all the facial reactions of the characters, and I did not think I would have seen a reference to OreImo, great! Nice cameo made on S&W, SAO and Mahouka.
Jun 12, 2017 6:07 PM

Apr 2011
I didn't like Sagiri's attitude. She seems bossy, cringy, and possessive. While Masamune lets her boss him around. Pathetic.
Jun 21, 2017 5:12 PM

Dec 2016
Damn Masamune just sister-zoned Elf realllllll hard
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 27, 2017 8:55 AM

May 2012
Another really great episode with some lovely character development! Looking forward to see what's next, but having a different ED song sure made it lovely :3
Jun 27, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2013
Masamune not giving up on her love just because of one turn down and elf is like big sister to izumi :)
After party with some new guy and yukatas, sagiri will be an imouto for his brother for now.
Jul 17, 2017 12:44 AM

Apr 2012
Kuroneko! Tatsuya! Holo! & Kirito! just hit me hard with nostalgia
Sep 17, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
damn so many references this ep. All the girls too tsun lul.
Oct 20, 2017 7:33 AM
Jul 2017
yet another great ep!!

Kokoro Connect <3
Nov 13, 2017 9:15 PM

Dec 2015
Everything was actually somewhat interesting and entertaining but now it's pretty blatant how the characters are forming a harem - YUCK!
~
Nov 26, 2017 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
@AvidAnimeViewer

issue is he keeps misunderstanding her, she said he is in love with some1 & he automatically thinks its not him cause she didn't say its him hes just way to tense its not even funny anymore

AvidAnimeViewer said:
My problem is the uncertainty of Izumi's love. On the one hand he says "I love you as a little sister", on the other hand he can't date other girls because he says, "I'm already in love with someone." You wouldn't reject a girl because you love your little sister as a sister, it's because he loves her as a woman. And it isn't just because he doesn't want to hurt Sagiri's feelings, he genuinely has romantic feelings for her. At no point does he say he feels both brotherly and romantic love (is that even possible?) so which is it? The show doesn't focus on any conflicted feelings he might have about it, it just puts it out there with no further explanation because it's too busy boosting its wish-fulfillment factor by adding more girls to the mix who somehow have no problem with a guy loving his sister. Also, Izumi constantly switches from being aware and oblivious to Sagiri's feelings, so that gives less of a reason to think that they're even fully aware of each other's feelings..
LoomyTheBrew said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

cause of misunderstanding her he think she rejected him & cause of that he acts like this like one time he says he loves her & then wants to be her brother hes torn in to two + what remechan said

remechan said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

Sagiri: I have someone I like
Izumi: Gets sad hearing the fact and ends up with the idea he's just liking her as a sister.

Let's put this into perspective - Izumi AND Sagiri both aren't confident. I mean sure Izumi is a published author but recently he's been knocked down so many times on his work submissions that he was about to give up (if not for Elf). You have to remember that he literally thought Eromanga Sensei would leave him immediately after Elf showed up. You can say they're both delusional and maybe it looks obvious to you but not to them.

Heck, Izumi's been trying to get Sagiri out of the room for the past year and failed. And now this same girl actually likes me? Yeah right... It's called self conditioning (to make oneself feel better). No I only like her a sister because it's impossible.

p.s. totally agree the last few episodes are bad. It went on a light novel tangent. I rather have the Megumi episodes than this. Whoever that came out of nowhere and hit on Izumi was ehhh. At least Elf was cool. She even played the piano.

this

Djidji said:
@AvidAnimeViewer @LoomyTheBrew @remechan

Well, Masamune is torned between is love for Sagiri as a girl and as a part of family. He chose to favor his love for her as a brother's one because having a family is way more important for him due to his past, having lost her mother once then lost his father after he married again, he years for a family.
But Masamune is like Muramasa, it's not because his love got denied that he will stop loving her so easily. And would he morally accept dating someone else while still having those feeling? I don't think he would.
What matters is knowing if the girls will change him or not.

Also, the show made it clear that Sagiri love Masamune (that's why she doesn't want to act as his sister) by focusing a lot on Sagiri's facial expressions and reactions, but that doesn't mean it's as clear for Masamune.
Plus, Masamune know Sagiri only as a "little sister" while the anime hinted Sagiri know Masamune for a while and loved him first as a writer who got his story published later. (Hints are her reaction when Muramasa came in their house and the art she was drawing when younger.)

Otherwise, romcom (and particularly harem ones) still are romance, but it's unlikely to be more "real" than the other one. It's not because the romance is not the main focus of the serie (as a genre) that there is no romance at all. :o

true but u got one thing wrong the part where u said Masamune know Sagiri only as a "little sister"

he said it he fell for her at first site & i knew it sins EP1 beginning when he went close to her & looked her i was like WTH lol u just fell for her how can she become ur sister then (a right there is a thing called denial that can help u)

IceTiger_Zenpia said:
Ahaha I ship it so hard... idc if people say it's incest, their still an incredibly cute ship and I would love for it to come true!!! sagamune anyone?!?

well they don't know what incest is

incest is a biological term for two closely blood related ppl example siblings having sex!!!!!
this 2conditions half to be met to call it incest!!!!
Sugram22Nov 26, 2017 10:54 AM
Dec 20, 2017 8:48 PM

Sep 2013
Elf is still best of the lot

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 10, 2018 1:23 PM

Apr 2015
"What was that?"
"A poltergeist."
"Okay."

Sagiri upstairs during the part pissed me the fuck off. Your "brother", who you ignored for over a year, is not your property.

Did I see Holo in Elf Yamada-sensei's fantasy? I approve.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 6, 2018 6:55 PM
May 2017
Sagiri is so cute. And Elf looked so beautiful in her yukata.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

331 by Pinata_ »»
Apr 28, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

165 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 27, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.