Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 25, 2017 1:33 AM
Feb 2017
For now I am in episode 15 and I don't see any Ecchi scenes , so why this Anime in MAL considered as an Ecchi ??
May 25, 2017 1:36 AM

Nov 2009
Otakuz2017 said:
For now I am in episode 15 and I don't see any Ecchi scenes , so why this Anime in MAL considered as an Ecchi ??

Ecchi tag is assigned pretty inconsistently.
That said, Strike the Blood has a lot of fanservice scenes, like girls stripping down so that the protagonist bites them. So I think it deserves its ecchi tag.
May 25, 2017 1:42 AM
Feb 2017
flannan said:
Otakuz2017 said:

That said, Strike the Blood has a lot of fanservice scenes, like girls stripping down so that the protagonist bites them. So I think it deserves its ecchi tag.

Well there is many Anime which have fully nude body scenes and this Anime hide every nude body scene , I dont think this Anime deserve to be Ecchi
May 25, 2017 1:46 AM

Jul 2013
Just happens MAL has some weird standards to label the genre of some series.
May 25, 2017 1:46 AM
Jul 2018
MAL tags system is pretty shit, I mean genres etc. are often pretty shit and not easily defined, now combine that with the system MAL has.

Also Ecchi is not really even a genre so eh...
May 25, 2017 1:50 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
The threshold they seem to have set to determine whether or not something has enough lewd content to be an ecchi is nothing short of schizophrenic, so I don't think there's much help to be found anywhere.

If it's any consolation, I'm convinced they determine what is an ecchi and what isn't by throwing a dart at a dartboard in some cases. Otherwise there wouldn't be ridiculous lapses like Nazo no Kanojo X being an ecchi and KLK not being an ecchi, when the latter has at least double the ecchi content as the former.
ManabanMay 25, 2017 1:54 AM

May 25, 2017 2:03 AM

Nov 2009
Otakuz2017 said:
flannan said:

Well there is many Anime which have fully nude body scenes and this Anime hide every nude body scene , I dont think this Anime deserve to be Ecchi

First, check if you're watching a censored version.
Second, no, nudity is not necessary for an anime to be called ecchi. What matters is the amount of fanservice, not the quality.
Third, the sexual subtext of the bloodsucking scenes provides a good level of quality.
Finally, be sure to watch the OVAs, they will do their best to compensate.
May 25, 2017 12:23 PM

Apr 2014
What makes you think it's not? Lot of underwear scene, mc constantly havinb a 'sexual' urge and few skinship moment here and there.
It's ecchi alright
May 25, 2017 1:42 PM

Apr 2015
Otakuz2017 said:
flannan said:

It's overall fanservice, not nudity, which causes an anime to qualify for the ecchi tag.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 25, 2017 1:49 PM

Jul 2016
Manaban said:
The threshold they seem to have set to determine whether or not something has enough lewd content to be an ecchi is nothing short of schizophrenic, so I don't think there's much help to be found anywhere.

If it's any consolation, I'm convinced they determine what is an ecchi and what isn't by throwing a dart at a dartboard in some cases. Otherwise there wouldn't be ridiculous lapses like Nazo no Kanojo X being an ecchi and KLK not being an ecchi, when the latter has at least double the ecchi content as the former.

holy shit, I thought you were kidding about KLK, wow ,I mean nobody's perfect, but MAL needs to get their shit together on the tags...
damn, the forums these days...
May 25, 2017 1:57 PM

Oct 2015
because, like most things on this god forsaken website, the tags and database in general are broken as f
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
May 25, 2017 4:00 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
CatSoul said:
Otakuz2017 said:

It's overall fanservice, not nudity, which causes an anime to qualify for the ecchi tag.

It isn't really overall fanservice, though, otherwise stuff like KLK or Nisemonogatari would have it, or at least the threshold would be set to a point where they wouldn't qualify, which it pretty clearly isn't.

But I don't know how it works because there seems to be no consistency. The second season of Asterisk is an ecchi even though it has almost none in it and is almost entirely tournament battles. From this season, Saekano b is an ecchi but Eromanga isn't, even though at most one could say they're at the same tier, and I don't think it'd be reasonable to say Saekano is more fanservicey and lewd than Eromanga is at all.

I don't know how it works because it seems to be about as close to being totally incomprehensible as it can be, which just seems entirely needless to me. I don't really think "a series where lewd stuff is prominent" can be *that* difficult to define. I can buy into it being a bit vague and dependent on the person watching, definitely, but I don't think it'd lead to whatever the current system is for tagging things as ecchi is, since, to put it bluntly, it just seems like an inconsistent and impossible to understand mess.

Which frustrates me, honestly, since I'm somebody who seeks out ecchi and this makes it easy to miss things if I'm searching around that tag for something to watch and there's a series that's got it in spades and simply isn't tagged as an ecchi so it's escaping my search efforts entirely, or in the inverse, if I'm searching around that tag for something and pick up a series only to find that it's something that doesn't really belong under that tag to begin with. It could at least be a little more consistent than what it is so some level of understanding can be reached, if nothing else. I just don't even think there's any sort of base for what MAL defines as an ecchi whatsoever, though, and that much would need to be established before the idea of reaching an understanding is even entertained.
ManabanMay 25, 2017 4:21 PM

May 25, 2017 4:19 PM

Jan 2008
The answer is obvious. Because the source material is categorized as it.

Regardless, there are nip shots in the OVAs.

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.