Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 1, 2014 3:10 PM

Apr 2009
Sadly, even Dezaki can't save Clannad. Oh well, at least he tried to make it better... 4/10. Considering I dropped the show after a few episodes this can be seen as an improvement I guess.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 1, 2014 5:49 PM

Feb 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
Sadly, even Dezaki can't save Clannad. Oh well, at least he tried to make it better... 4/10. Considering I dropped the show after a few episodes this can be seen as an improvement I guess.

Even a genius can't turn crap into gold. At least he tried polishing it as much as he could. He was just held back by the VN in the end.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 3, 2014 3:29 PM
Oct 2013
Things I disliked:
- how sudden the romance between Tomoya and Nagisa is
- Kyou is degraded to becoming Tomoyo's assistant
- Some characters did not show up. I'm happy with at least a cameo like Kotomi.

Things I liked:
- THAT ENDING!
- Tomoyo looks different but still very good
- Ushio
- For some reason, I like Tomoya's dad better here

The series is superior but the movie's ending made it pretty darn close. (The series' ending ruined a huge part of the experience for me.)
frozentime4Jul 3, 2014 4:07 PM
Jul 31, 2014 4:42 PM
Mar 2014
Annoying with the stuff they changed

why is Fuko's sister still a teacher?

and why is Kyou besties with Tomoyo

the not being able to go up the hill part was weird, as is her being the dominating one

the art style is weird too

also prefer the shorter dango family song, new for this is annoying and too long

wots with Akio's new design

they really love that roof, wasn't even shown in the show...

why does Nagisa know about her parents wanted to be actors

this just seems like a generic normal anime, wouldn't have been interested if this was the story of the show

rubbish love declaration. ...that was a quick relationship and year skip. as well as his kid, wot. Such a skip. She died already? what a quick time skip...

this sucks tbh

frozentime4 said:

(The series' ending ruined a huge part of the experience for me.)

same
Jan 12, 2015 12:24 AM

Feb 2014
Finally got around to watching this movie and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, going by its reputation. Mainly because of the ending. That's how After Story should have ended. Allow Tomoya to get over his depression, face reality, and above all, not repeat his father's mistake when it came to Ushio. After Story was also doing just that, until they decided to pull that supernatural cop-out of an ending which completely cheapened everything that Tomoya went through.

Still, I can't bring myself to give this more than a very generous 6. The pacing was too fast, which is to be expected considering it had to cram 50 episodes worth of content into a 90 mins long movie. The romance was very rushed and Tomoya's confession came out of nowhere, and many scenes made me roll my eyes because of how corny they were, especially Tomoya and Ushio's scene at end.
May 27, 2015 7:10 AM
Mar 2013
I can't say I liked the movie at all. It's not just the changes to everyones personalitys, but then they play that "Destined to be together" card with Tomoya and Nagisa, wheras the anime developed their relationship. Oh and what the heck is with Nagisa's creepy smiling throughout the movie (I'm sorry, but a person that smiles like that almost all the time is creepy)? Nagisa does smile in the anime, but not like that and she got depressed or upset plenty of times. I'd give the movie credit for keeping Nagisa dead, but I honestly hated the movie and keeping Nagisa dead didn't feel very emotional in this.
RoychopAug 31, 2015 9:31 AM
Jul 11, 2015 6:10 AM

Dec 2013
To me this felt a little rushed. But still had a decent mount of feels. Especially with por Tomoya's despair. I also wished they spent more time with Ushio. Wasn't a fan of the art. It just looked a bit of putting. But I enjoyed it. 6/10
G_Spark233Jul 11, 2015 6:13 AM
Nov 18, 2015 4:40 AM
May 2014
I'm a little disappointed... it's not so bad, but I should be more interesting. And I'm not cried at all.
I prefer the main series.
6/10
Mar 13, 2016 6:31 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
For Toei, they did a decent job animating this, thought KyoAni's animations are miles better. Felt very rushed, but that was expected. I did like some of the changes, but hated a lot of them too.

3/5
Aug 23, 2016 7:36 PM
Jul 2016
This probably would've been alot better if it had a longer runtime and was able to cover a lot more character developement. I felt like I wouldn't care about 95% of the cast if I didn't watch the anime.
Dec 29, 2016 3:26 AM
Dec 2016
This just sucks in any way. The story were rushed, sudden, and horrible. Sound were misplaced and forgettable (hate the Dango Daikazoku there). Art were appaling (it makes Clannad turns to Dragon Ball in many scenes), character is terrible (why don't you place Fuuko?!)

1/10.
Mar 19, 2017 7:01 AM

Aug 2016
This movie was horrible :p

Set by SenpieX
Dec 18, 2017 5:04 AM

Jul 2016
This..wasn't good.

The art is bad, the animation is lackluster and outdated. The plot was made to fit 1 and half an hour, so it feels cramped and rushed. The characters are flat and underdeveloped. The music is repetitive and generic. The directing is pitiful (there has to be like 10 shots of birds flying in the whole movie...) and the movie feels like it had no budget (weird, because I thought Toei was a really big studio).

On the other hand I did like the ending (something I really wanted to happen in After Story was to have all the gang coming over for the last time, while Tomoya was so depressed), CLANNAD's story is pretty good (even if it just explores the surface of it) and many characters (mainly Sunohara) shine in this movie because they have some pretty good moments.

Not TOO bad, but pretty poor overall.

3/10
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Apr 20, 2018 9:44 PM
Dec 2017
After reading the posts on this page I guess I'm in the minority, I actually like the movie. I enjoyed seeing the characters in a different light. The movie was raw and gritty. Of course it wasn't as good as the 49 episode series. Toei had to fit the entire story into a 90-minute movie. Everything was sped up and a lot of plot and characters cut. The art wasn't that good, but I still enjoyed it for some reason. 7/10
Sep 27, 2018 6:50 AM
Sep 2018
I honestly didn't like it. I tried watching the first 20 minutes and then I got bored and skipped it to the end. I already knew that something was going to happen to her from the begginning after hints were dropped. The animations weren't the greatest and the characters actions were kind of predictable. Wasn't the best anime I've watched, solid 4/10.
Feb 22, 2019 12:54 AM
Feb 2019
I honestly didn't like it too much. It was its own different uniververse even lol. There's enough difference to make it interesting and I enjoyed that but it felt so rushed I was confused as to how things were taking place. The dream sequence I thought might tie into the series but it served it purpose in the way it did I won't spoil. Lol. Idk it was good, and the dango song is still awesome in this one šŸ˜…
Nov 23, 2020 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
It was ok... at best. Only Sunohara kept it going.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Jan 6, 2021 6:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's a trap! xD be sure to not watch the movie before the TV series, I enjoyed it but only as a bonus for the main series, it was extremely rushed they skipped 95% of the content
Mar 11, 2021 11:32 AM

Dec 2015
watched this movie after more than 10 years of having watched the tv version and oh god the feels :(((( truly the saddest anime
May 29, 2022 6:27 PM
Mar 2022
The animation is mediocre at best and all it really does is spoil the plot of an amazing series. I highly recommend watching both the Clannad series, and the Clannad After Story series first. If you still feel the urge to watch this movie, at least wait until you get to about ep 18 in After Story.
Jul 19, 2022 1:05 PM

Nov 2010
Glad to see Tomoyo having a decent amount of role towards the end. For me, she's still the best waifu of this series.

This movie is better than I expected. It will never match the awesomeness of the series, but it was still put together nicely. It also made me tear up again, even though I've already shed much a decade ago; especially at the end. My main gripe is the animation, it's so-so for a movie. 7+1/10
Sep 3, 2022 5:33 AM

Aug 2018
Kotomi in music club?.. Well.. At least she's conductor, lol.. Or it could end in some casualties..
Interesting that Tomoya got wounded after push of his father.. Well, he was drunk.. But it still ended his sport way..
So movie has different ending.. Nagisa actually dies.. But Ushio not.. At least not for now.. Maybe in future, maybe not.. Not known.. Well, I personally always felt about Clannad's end in the way that it's open end anyway.. I can imagine end whatever I want, because it's visual novel, and there are several endings..
I actually remember art being much much worse.. Maybe right now I didn't mind it.. Or maybe they fixed something in DVD release..
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» When should I watch this(please no spoiler)

Hickykissy - May 2

9 by Putra_weeb »»
May 5, 5:20 AM

» I know this movie's not looked upon fondly however

KaiserVonGogureo - Sep 27, 2022

6 by Theo1899 »»
Sep 29, 2022 10:59 AM

Poll: » Should I watch the series first?

woojoo666 - Dec 2, 2013

8 by DC27 »»
Sep 6, 2021 7:07 AM

» Is it bad that I prefer the movie to the series??

jammydodger63 - Sep 18, 2012

29 by _DaikazokuDango_ »»
Oct 11, 2020 3:05 PM

» Prefer the series over movie.

ShaggyJonJ - Apr 17, 2018

2 by ShaggyJonJ »»
Apr 30, 2018 11:49 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.