Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
May 22, 2017 3:03 AM
May 2015
I have not seen anyone talking about of the final page. Because it only said the end of Tokyo Ghoul :RE it does not say title of the next chapter.
May 22, 2017 3:08 AM

Apr 2014
Niveen_Sleem said:
What the hell is with this chapter? This isn't Berserk! How could they publish something like that in Tokyo Ghoul? Were they desperate to attract more readers?

What? TG is published in Young Jump. They have no problem with showing stuff like this.
May 22, 2017 3:32 AM

May 2015
Where the F did that blanket come from?!? Was it just a giant death flag?
May 22, 2017 4:33 AM

Nov 2015
I only have one reaction for this chapter

FUCK. YES.
~Yume's Ass and Shihiro's Boobs are gifts from God for us foolish Mortals~

May 22, 2017 4:44 AM

Apr 2013
Shicchi said:
OH MY GOD IS THIS REAL WT OMG WHAT WAIT IT'S REAL? NO NO IT CAN'T BE? HOW?
IT'S REAL OMG OMG NO

Even though you knew it from the start but to have it blatantly explicitly shown in a full chapter it's like a slap in the face then a stab at your heart again and again and again every pages.. this never happened to me before tbh I'm shook and I'm not even that deep with my OTP in this fandom... Ishida is merciless oh god I can't... I forgot this is not a shounen... but oh god help me... where is my fellow hidekane shipper we n-need t-to regroup and stay strong don't let this sink our shi-p *chokes* we've been through so muchh oh god I-I thought with hide's gone it would be the worst pain we gotta endure but then this... why Ishida you could have just implied the aftermath in a panel or something but a full chapter I

I think I can't take it anymore I'm off the canon realm until the day hide come back my ray of sun shine
Ishida the least you can do now is bring my hide back, fuck touken I don't care anymore just bring. Hide. Back.

I can't believe people actually give a shit about an irrelevant, non-character like Hide still lol
May 22, 2017 5:01 AM

Jan 2010
Raneer said:
Shicchi said:
OH MY GOD IS THIS REAL WT OMG WHAT WAIT IT'S REAL? NO NO IT CAN'T BE? HOW?
IT'S REAL OMG OMG NO

Even though you knew it from the start but to have it blatantly explicitly shown in a full chapter it's like a slap in the face then a stab at your heart again and again and again every pages.. this never happened to me before tbh I'm shook and I'm not even that deep with my OTP in this fandom... Ishida is merciless oh god I can't... I forgot this is not a shounen... but oh god help me... where is my fellow hidekane shipper we n-need t-to regroup and stay strong don't let this sink our shi-p *chokes* we've been through so muchh oh god I-I thought with hide's gone it would be the worst pain we gotta endure but then this... why Ishida you could have just implied the aftermath in a panel or something but a full chapter I

I think I can't take it anymore I'm off the canon realm until the day hide come back my ray of sun shine
Ishida the least you can do now is bring my hide back, fuck touken I don't care anymore just bring. Hide. Back.

I can't believe people actually give a shit about an irrelevant, non-character like Hide still lol

WTF DO YOU MEAN IRRELEVANT?! *deep breath in out in out*
Yeah because they totally didn't talked about him just before they had sex.
Because Hide is not the one who'd been there when Kaneki's Mom dead.
Because Hide is not the one pulled Kaneki out of despair.
Because Hide is not the one who always been there for Kaneki when he had no one else.
Even after Kaneki distancing himself from Hide to protect him, he didn't stay put, he actually chased after Kaneki, found out for himself what happened to his friend and even accepted him after knowing the truth.

Hide is one of, if not Kaneki's most important person period. No one can convince me otherwise. Whether it is brotherly or romantically doesn't matter. The fact still stands. He is one of few that knows him before everyhting went to shit. Always been there for Kaneki since forever. Granted he'd been gone for 1234567 chapters now (Oh Ishida-sama bring our sun shine back please!!), but I still believe he will make a comeback and play important role later! Hopefully! Don't lose hope dear me!
May 22, 2017 5:16 AM

Sep 2016
What a fucking hype chapter, Touka x Kaneki ftw!
But I'm kinda worry now, it's seem like the biggest death flag in Tokyo Ghoul history.
May 22, 2017 5:25 AM
May 2017
Never in my life have I been so happy
May 22, 2017 5:36 AM

Jan 2011
It really happened.
May 22, 2017 5:45 AM

Jun 2014
Ov3r_Kill_Br0ny said:
This was it. I'm done. I'm no longer care about this fan service garbage and will no longer waste another thought on it. Forget Toyko Ghoul. I'm out.

Lmao.

I'm not even gonna bother replying further, just lmao
May 22, 2017 5:49 AM

Jun 2014
Shicchi said:
Raneer said:

Because Hide is not the one who always been there for Kaneki when he had no one else.
Even after Kaneki distancing himself from Hide to protect him, he didn't stay put, he actually chased after Kaneki, found out for himself what happened to his friend and even accepted him after knowing the truth.

Hide is one of, if not Kaneki's most important person period. No one can convince me otherwise. Whether it is brotherly or romantically doesn't matter. The fact still stands. He is one of few that knows him before everyhting went to shit. Always been there for Kaneki since forever. Granted he'd been gone for 1234567 chapters now (Oh Ishida-sama bring our sun shine back please!!), but I still believe he will make a comeback and play important role later! Hopefully! Don't lose hope dear me!

I agree, knowing Ishida, Hide will play a major role in the story yet.

Mind telling me when do they speak about hide though? I can«t seem to remember
May 22, 2017 6:09 AM

Dec 2013
My boy Kaneki deserved better tbh.

Not a particular fan of the scene hogging an entire chapter but Ishida sure has balls. If Touka just got pregnant then the baby will certainly survive.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
May 22, 2017 6:11 AM

Jan 2010
sumusiko said:
Shicchi said:

Go read the previous chapter
Here it is:

After Hide gone for so long, having him being mentioned by Kaneki with such expression, in such longing manner, "I'd just be consumed by the desire too see him again."
I JUST.
but then of course the next chapter had to be a full blown touken sex scene
CrimsonMidnightMay 22, 2017 6:26 AM
May 22, 2017 6:15 AM

Jun 2014
Shicchi said:
sumusiko said:

Here it is:

oh yea nvm.

I somewhat ignored that part because it was sooooo vague. Not sure what he meant by that.

Does he intentionally try not to think about him because he gets the urge to see him and he knows he cant because hes dead or is he trying to not think about him so he can avoid seeing him and dragging him to his current fucked up life
May 22, 2017 7:10 AM

Oct 2013
Ov3r_Kill_Br0ny said:
This was it. I'm done. I'm no longer care about this fan service garbage and will no longer waste another thought on it. Forget Toyko Ghoul. I'm out.

You won't be missed :)
May 22, 2017 7:14 AM
May 2015
gabrieuTG said:
Ov3r_Kill_Br0ny said:

You won't be missed :)

I need to make a correction. Forget Tokyo Ghoul: Re. It doesn't exist in my mind.
May 22, 2017 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
phxntomhiveghoul said:
ok i don't think anyone understands how loudly i was screaming. i've been waiting for this since chapter one of the original manga: that's 267 chapters ago. 5 years in the manga.
some people may say touka and kaneki rushed into having sex. but let me explain:
kaneki needed this. this chapter showed a MASSIVE change in kaneki's psychology. he has been denied love from people most important to him multiple times and now that he finally has what he's been searching for, his journey to discovering who he was is almost complete. touka was his Sun tarot, as the last page of chapter symbolized. the Sun tarot represents attained knowledge and bringing hope for the future as well as optimism, enlightenment, assurance, and splendor. but the sun reverse indicates that finding the positive aspects to a situation may be difficult. but the sun is never a negative card, so this is only temporary. i think when we see kaneki crying this may symbolize his struggle to find something he already has: love - something he's always been searching for. but now he's finally realizing that he's been loved for a long time.

ANYWAY....

there is NO WAY ishida-sensei would write an entire chapter of touken sex having no meaning AT ALL. he's never done that. he's always put every chapter, scene, and dialogue with meaning.
this is helping kaneki's development as a character. you have to remember that he is a suicidal person who feels alone and sad all the time but in this chapter he's crying because he feels loved and wanted.

so, the question remains: did touka and kaneki rush into having sex? yes. but that's the point - in no way does that make it meaningless.
kaneki and touka's hideout has been found. their faces have been revealed. kaneki is the most wanted ghoul in japan, and a war is about to start. people are going to die. and they both know it can be either one of them at any time. they don't have time to wait for the "perfect moment." because there's a good chance neither of them will get to see it.
touka has experienced enough loss to know that she has to live for the living and do whatever she can to keep those people alive. yeah she'll fight to protect kaneki, but that's not what it's always about: with kaneki being suicidal in the past, she's giving her best to give him a reason to live. she's letting him know that he is loved, even though she struggles to express her emotions. kaneki needs to know that he's loved right now.
kaneki has felt so lonely since hide disappeared. but now touka is there with him and for him and loving him and he's not alone anymore. yes, that doesn't mean they had to have sex to show their love but they've loved each other since the beginning. even when kaneki was haise he still had feelings for her.

what i'm trying to say is that this is part of the plot. ishida-sensei has a reason for doing this and not just for the fanservice. this is a seinen. most seinens only have characters having sex for the hell of it. but he did this for kaneki's development. i'm honestly so glad sensei chose to make this chapter the way it is bc it has a powerful meaning and not like other seinens, which just have sex for only the character's entertainment.

ps: i fucking loved this chapter. i love these characters and i've loved this story since the beginning. i woke up yesterday morning and immediately opened my manga app on my phone and started reading and actually thought i was reading the wrong manga for a second. but yeah. that's my view. let me know what you think.

That comment seems oddly directed towards what i said so let me refute some of your main points.
1- Apart from the last page (which also is tied with the butterfly in the beginning) there is no deeper meaning to anything else that was happening.
2- Contrary to what you said, kaneki is no longer a suicidal person, that is something has been already established long ago in his battle agains Arima, which made him realize there are people that care for him and want him to keep on living. Kaneki crying durring this chapter might be a way to reinforce that sentiment but overall was unnecessary.
3- Regardless of this being a seinen or not making a whole chapter centered around sex is still ludicrous. The plot did not move forward and we could very well just had read a actual vanilla doushinji that would had been the exact same.
Ishida should had either implied that they did it or had compress everything in ~10 pages max.

Chapter like this are a complete waste of time. But hey i guess going for purely shock value is worth applauding more than actually good writing apparently ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 22, 2017 8:38 AM

Jun 2015
Z4k said:
Niveen_Sleem said:
What the hell is with this chapter? This isn't Berserk! How could they publish something like that in Tokyo Ghoul? Were they desperate to attract more readers?

What? TG is published in Young Jump. They have no problem with showing stuff like this.

it's so forced in. I meant the story itself, the general atmosphere of Tokyo Ghoul doesn't hold out for a chapter like this. A kiss or a hint could suffice.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 22, 2017 9:17 AM

Apr 2014
Niveen_Sleem said:
Z4k said:

it's so forced in. I meant the story itself, the general atmosphere of Tokyo Ghoul doesn't hold out for a chapter like this. A kiss or a hint could suffice.

Lol why not? TG deals with plenty of mature themes and the sex scene in this chapter wasn't even the main focus but the meaning behind it. After his fight with Arima, Kaneki still hadn't found his reason to live and his last conversation with Takizawa showed he still felt empty inside. Whereas here, Kaneki finally realized that there was someone who truly loved him and not in a twisted and abusive way like his mother. Which is why he unconsciously shed some tears because he was happy.

In the end it was just more of a healing chapter for Kaneki and the butterfly in the first and end of the chapter symbolizes him emerging as a better person after enduring a lot struggles in his life.
May 22, 2017 9:32 AM

Aug 2016
I'm just wondering, but what are those on the lower left of the panel?
May 22, 2017 9:50 AM

Jun 2014
SeidouTZ said:
phxntomhiveghoul said:
ok i don't think anyone understands how loudly i was screaming. i've been waiting for this since chapter one of the original manga: that's 267 chapters ago. 5 years in the manga.
some people may say touka and kaneki rushed into having sex. but let me explain:
kaneki needed this. this chapter showed a MASSIVE change in kaneki's psychology. he has been denied love from people most important to him multiple times and now that he finally has what he's been searching for, his journey to discovering who he was is almost complete. touka was his Sun tarot, as the last page of chapter symbolized. the Sun tarot represents attained knowledge and bringing hope for the future as well as optimism, enlightenment, assurance, and splendor. but the sun reverse indicates that finding the positive aspects to a situation may be difficult. but the sun is never a negative card, so this is only temporary. i think when we see kaneki crying this may symbolize his struggle to find something he already has: love - something he's always been searching for. but now he's finally realizing that he's been loved for a long time.

ANYWAY....

there is NO WAY ishida-sensei would write an entire chapter of touken sex having no meaning AT ALL. he's never done that. he's always put every chapter, scene, and dialogue with meaning.
this is helping kaneki's development as a character. you have to remember that he is a suicidal person who feels alone and sad all the time but in this chapter he's crying because he feels loved and wanted.

so, the question remains: did touka and kaneki rush into having sex? yes. but that's the point - in no way does that make it meaningless.
kaneki and touka's hideout has been found. their faces have been revealed. kaneki is the most wanted ghoul in japan, and a war is about to start. people are going to die. and they both know it can be either one of them at any time. they don't have time to wait for the "perfect moment." because there's a good chance neither of them will get to see it.
touka has experienced enough loss to know that she has to live for the living and do whatever she can to keep those people alive. yeah she'll fight to protect kaneki, but that's not what it's always about: with kaneki being suicidal in the past, she's giving her best to give him a reason to live. she's letting him know that he is loved, even though she struggles to express her emotions. kaneki needs to know that he's loved right now.
kaneki has felt so lonely since hide disappeared. but now touka is there with him and for him and loving him and he's not alone anymore. yes, that doesn't mean they had to have sex to show their love but they've loved each other since the beginning. even when kaneki was haise he still had feelings for her.

what i'm trying to say is that this is part of the plot. ishida-sensei has a reason for doing this and not just for the fanservice. this is a seinen. most seinens only have characters having sex for the hell of it. but he did this for kaneki's development. i'm honestly so glad sensei chose to make this chapter the way it is bc it has a powerful meaning and not like other seinens, which just have sex for only the character's entertainment.

ps: i fucking loved this chapter. i love these characters and i've loved this story since the beginning. i woke up yesterday morning and immediately opened my manga app on my phone and started reading and actually thought i was reading the wrong manga for a second. but yeah. that's my view. let me know what you think.

That comment seems oddly directed towards what i said so let me refute some of your main points.
1- Apart from the last page (which also is tied with the butterfly in the beginning) there is no deeper meaning to anything else that was happening.
2- Contrary to what you said, kaneki is no longer a suicidal person, that is something has been already established long ago in his battle agains Arima, which made him realize there are people that care for him and want him to keep on living. Kaneki crying durring this chapter might be a way to reinforce that sentiment but overall was unnecessary.
3- Regardless of this being a seinen or not making a whole chapter centered around sex is still ludicrous. The plot did not move forward and we could very well just had read a actual vanilla doushinji that would had been the exact same.
Ishida should had either implied that they did it or had compress everything in ~10 pages max.

Chapter like this are a complete waste of time. But hey i guess going for purely shock value is worth applauding more than actually good writing apparently ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1- There is a deeper meaning. And do you even know what the butterfly symbolizes? If you've read TG for as long as some of us have you'll know just how much Ishida loves symbolism and he wouldn't leave symbolism aside in such an important chapter.

2- It wasn't unnecessary, as I've said before he now knows that he finally found someone that can help him shoulder his responsibilities & help him endure all the emotions he kept boiling inside of him for all these years after all the shit hes been through.

Watching Kaneki lay naked on Touka's thighs just shows how broken he really was and how much he needed someone to be by his side all along.

3- Simple minded people like you is what give this manga a bad name. Do you genuinely think that Ishida decided to write a sex chapters just for the shits and giggles? It has a meaning and honestly, if you truly appreciate this manga you know just how much Kaneki has suffered and how much he needed this, not the sex but rather acquiring a companion that will stay with him for life. It truly deserves the title of "healing".

The plot moved forward and so did the characters development, especially Kaneki.

Niveen_Sleem said:
Z4k said:

Ishida is known for not giving any shits and pussying like most writers.

Most people are tired of "hints" & romantic shit being completely neglected or taking 200 chapters for a simple "I love you" or a simple kiss. Ishida just goes in raw & dry like he has always done in TG. (No pun intended)
May 22, 2017 10:21 AM

Mar 2015
Man I can't wait for Touka to die.

brokenbutwhole said:

Etoken's and Fujo's tears
Probably Kaneki's regret tears..
MonstrumMay 22, 2017 10:44 AM
May 22, 2017 11:09 AM

Aug 2016
nemya said:
Man I can't wait for Touka to die.

brokenbutwhole said:

Etoken's and Fujo's tears
Probably Kaneki's regret tears..

I meant lower left side of the page. This..
May 22, 2017 11:18 AM

Oct 2015
CtrlZED said:
Where the F did that blanket come from?!? Was it just a giant death flag?

I saw a thing on reddit. The panels with the blanket are from Kens perspective while the panels that are of toukas perspective show no blanket but a tiled floor.The blanket apparently is in Kens head so it associates with him and compares to the flowers in the arima fights.
May 22, 2017 11:24 AM

Jan 2010
BesottedChimp19 said:
Never in my life have I been so happy

I know right? The moment when your OTP became canon is the best feeling ever.
Enjoy it while it last.
May 22, 2017 11:24 AM

Mar 2015
brokenbutwhole said:

I meant lower left side of the page. This..

Yes and that's what I'm talking about
It's just some water on the floor.
MonstrumMay 22, 2017 11:38 AM
May 22, 2017 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
sumusiko said:
SeidouTZ said:

Chapter like this are a complete waste of time. But hey i guess going for purely shock value is worth applauding more than actually good writing apparently ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1- There is a deeper meaning. And do you even know what the butterfly symbolizes? If you've read TG for as long as some of us have you'll know just how much Ishida loves symbolism and he wouldn't leave symbolism aside in such an important chapter.

2- It wasn't unnecessary, as I've said before he now knows that he finally found someone that can help him shoulder his responsibilities & help him endure all the emotions he kept boiling inside of him for all these years after all the shit hes been through.

Watching Kaneki lay naked on Touka's thighs just shows how broken he really was and how much he needed someone to be by his side all along.

3- Simple minded people like you is what give this manga a bad name. Do you genuinely think that Ishida decided to write a sex chapters just for the shits and giggles? It has a meaning and honestly, if you truly appreciate this manga you know just how much Kaneki has suffered and how much he needed this, not the sex but rather acquiring a companion that will stay with him for life. It truly deserves the title of "healing".

The plot moved forward and so did the characters development, especially Kaneki.

Niveen_Sleem said:

Ishida is known for not giving any shits and pussying like most writers.

Most people are tired of "hints" & romantic shit being completely neglected or taking 200 chapters for a simple "I love you" or a simple kiss. Ishida just goes in raw & dry like he has always done in TG. (No pun intended)

1- I like how you putted yourself in such a highhorse and assume i have not been reading the same manga as you for the same amount of time lol. Anyway there are two possible interpretations when it comes to butterflies: they can either mean that the person is about to be reborn a new (rebirth) or that is about to die.

2- Except Touka is not the only one that cares and is helping Kaneki with this burden, furthermore he did not shown that much emotion when he got reunited with everyone.
Yeah yeah he as been through alot we all know that already, but Ishida does not need to constantly remind us and use it as a excuse for everything.

3- I thought the blind fanboys were the ones given the manga a "bad name" but okay ^^
huh? yes that is exactly the point i was making. A whole 18 pages chapter dedicated to just sex with the only purpose of shocking the readers is indeed very much pointless despite the symbolism that was thrown in a single page.
May 22, 2017 11:57 AM

Jan 2010
sumusiko said:
Shicchi said:

Here it is:

oh yea nvm.

I somewhat ignored that part because it was sooooo vague. Not sure what he meant by that.

Does he intentionally try not to think about him because he gets the urge to see him and he knows he cant because hes dead or is he trying to not think about him so he can avoid seeing him and dragging him to his current fucked up life

I believe it's a bit of both
I'll just direct you here:
http://yiaiyin.tumblr.com/post/160650800596/what-do-you-think-kaneki-meant-when-he-said-i
May 22, 2017 1:43 PM

Apr 2013
Shicchi said:
Raneer said:

Hide has been nothing more than a plot device--Kaneki's best friend and connection to the human world, much like Touka's best friend. His characterization and development, his panel time, all reasons to feel anything for the character as readers, is utterly absent.

He's had little impact on the plot itself and he's appeared so little that he's outright forgettable.

Hide is nothing more than a satellite character and an accessory to Kaneki's characterization. Nothing more. His baffling popularity is mainly due to fujoshis and Root A. Also, please keep your yaoi agenda to yourself. Kaneki's most important person is the girl he just made love to, not a literal who that fucked off chapters ago.
RaneerMay 22, 2017 1:49 PM
May 22, 2017 3:37 PM
May 2015
sumusiko said:
RaidenHUN said:

There are 2 options here, if there will be a "cure" for ghouls Kaneki probably survive the manga.
The other option is a new equilibrium between ghouls and humans, but that also means Kaneki has to die, because he is too OP

If Ishida has taught us something through the years that hes been writing TG is that the fans are NEVER right & theres unlimited options

Yup, his plot twisting ussualy unpredictable...
May 22, 2017 3:47 PM

Aug 2015
Well then.. I didn't expect a whole chapter dedicated to their lovemaking. Well at least the ship has sailed!
May 22, 2017 9:07 PM

Jan 2010
Raneer said:
Shicchi said:

Hide has been nothing more than a plot device--Kaneki's best friend and connection to the human world, much like Touka's best friend. His characterization and development, his panel time, all reasons to feel anything for the character as readers, is utterly absent.

He's had little impact on the plot itself and he's appeared so little that he's outright forgettable.

Hide is nothing more than a satellite character and an accessory to Kaneki's characterization. Nothing more. His baffling popularity is mainly due to fujoshis and Root A. Also, please keep your yaoi agenda to yourself. Kaneki's most important person is the girl he just made love to, not a literal who that fucked off chapters ago.

I will come back to this thread and make you eat your own words the day Hide come back to us~
May 22, 2017 9:25 PM

Apr 2013
Shicchi said:
I will come back to this thread and make you eat your own words the day Hide come back to us~

Assuming he isn't dead, don't expect him and Kaneki to suddenly turn gay for each other. Though I'm sure that wouldn't stop the delusions regardless.
May 22, 2017 9:34 PM

Jan 2010
Raneer said:
Shicchi said:

Assuming he isn't dead, don't expect him and Kaneki to suddenly turn gay for each other. Though I'm sure that wouldn't stop the delusions regardless.

I would be happy to just have him back at this point. It's not like we expect Hide x Kaneki will become canon in the first place. Let alone kiss or something lmao still hopeful tho
One thing for sure, once Hide's back, they will have an emotional reunion and I live to see that day come.
CrimsonMidnightMay 22, 2017 9:39 PM
May 22, 2017 10:01 PM

Oct 2013
I honestly lost interest in the plot and characters, but I'm happy that this ship has finally sailed.
May 22, 2017 10:51 PM
May 2017
I feel I had to make an account, finally, due to some of the misconceptions. Sure, I may not be the author, and only Ishida himself could verify the symbolism of everything.

However... I'm a bit annoyed that people have made it this far into the story, and are put off by this chapter. This was a long time coming.

A few people already stated it, but, I will repeat it. Kaneki needed this. Touka needed this. Their psyches have been shattered repeatedly through out this entire story. Very rarely, if at all, there is happiness that is 'pure'. Everything that has happened in this story is either tragedy or bittersweet. Their lives have been perpetual suffering.

Kaneki is too afraid to get close to anyone. Touka is afraid to lose Kaneki again. It was obvious it had to happen like this; lest we get unspoken feelings that are never realized. I am so used to manga that end up being the latter. It's rare when they actually 'do' anything, which feels way more jarring than committing the deed.

Ishida knew this had to be a full chapter. It couldn't be glossed over, or it may not of produced the proper symbol of change in our protagonists.

I honestly feel bad for people that didn't get this, or couldn't accept it. They will never immerse themselves in story, and try to relate to who they read about. Generally speaking, I'm sure most of them are only here for the gore, and action.
May 23, 2017 12:59 AM
Oct 2015
Now the question is will touka get pregnant??
May 23, 2017 1:19 AM
Feb 2015
I'm mind fucked badly.

1000/10
May 23, 2017 4:58 AM

Jun 2014
OsirisEG said:
I feel I had to make an account, finally, due to some of the misconceptions. Sure, I may not be the author, and only Ishida himself could verify the symbolism of everything.

However... I'm a bit annoyed that people have made it this far into the story, and are put off by this chapter. This was a long time coming.

A few people already stated it, but, I will repeat it. Kaneki needed this. Touka needed this. Their psyches have been shattered repeatedly through out this entire story. Very rarely, if at all, there is happiness that is 'pure'. Everything that has happened in this story is either tragedy or bittersweet. Their lives have been perpetual suffering.

Kaneki is too afraid to get close to anyone. Touka is afraid to lose Kaneki again. It was obvious it had to happen like this; lest we get unspoken feelings that are never realized. I am so used to manga that end up being the latter. It's rare when they actually 'do' anything, which feels way more jarring than committing the deed.

Ishida knew this had to be a full chapter. It couldn't be glossed over, or it may not of produced the proper symbol of change in our protagonists.

I honestly feel bad for people that didn't get this, or couldn't accept it. They will never immerse themselves in story, and try to relate to who they read about. Generally speaking, I'm sure most of them are only here for the gore, and action.

Exactly.

But it's okay brah a ton of people still think Ishida wrote 18 pages of sex just for shits and giggles
May 23, 2017 9:29 AM
Jun 2016
Honestly did not read the manga but I couldnt contain myself after I heard all the buzz and read the chapter. Im glad I did. What a hoot! XD
May 23, 2017 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
Fay207 said:
To me this was the worst, they could had let it to our imagination and be more professional rathar than turn it to a porn manga.
This week chapter actually nothing!

>be more professional
>implying it's wrong to depict something that's part of human nature

May 23, 2017 11:10 AM

Jun 2014
Fay207 said:
To me this was the worst, they could had let it to our imagination and be more professional rathar than turn it to a porn manga.
This week chapter actually nothing!

Not sure if serious
May 23, 2017 1:07 PM

Oct 2015
Ollieday said:
What a minute... Touka has a mole on her breast. It is stated by ishida that Itori has a mole on her breast. Itori is a clown, and clowns are known to have shape shifting abilities thanks to thier manipulation of thier kagune.... Itori could be using her kagune to shape shift. She's proven to be a info trader early in the series. What if she snuck into the ccg with her shape shifting abilities and gathered info on members, and shared it with uta? Since Uta knows juuzou, mutsuki, and hirakos triggers. She could be working with kanou and is assigned to get kaneki's semen, or i guess a baby? Could just be clown doing what clowns do to start things. I imagine kaneki looking for touka when he wakes up, find her and she's doesn't know anything he talking about, causing even more tragedy, but honestly the panel where touka makes those faces when he puts it in kind of makes me convinced that It probably is touka.

I thought this as well and looked into it and can confirm its not Itori because she has a mole on the upper left on her chest while touka has a mole on the center right. Plus those little wings on touka at the end of the chapter thou.
May 23, 2017 3:16 PM

Aug 2016
OsirisEG said:

This......

The lack of understanding of the human nature is really saddening. If you can't handle a sex scene that is useful for character development don't read this kind of story, there are a lot shounen out there for you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2017 6:29 PM

May 2016
YES!! MY SHIP HAS FINALLY SAILED!!!

I can die happy now
May 23, 2017 7:55 PM

Apr 2016
LOL! It was funny when Kaneki didn't know how to take off Touka's bra. OMG XD But poor Touka experienced pain from her first time. :’(

Ishida managed to surprise me... A whole chapter dedicated to sex. ._____. WOW. He definitely left me speechless for a moment. I was expecting Ishida to skip to another character or situation, but NOPE. This man displayed everything! :P

It was interesting to see Kaneki cry. I can tell he was just overwhelmed, with happiness and realization… He kept asking himself if this was all real, and indeed it was. Kaneki was loved by someone else. :) It was such a gentle moment, when his head was on Touka's lap. I really hope this doesn't mean there will be death flags for Touka. :( It also doesn't seem the two used protection; they were probably unprepared, since this happened in the moment. If Touka gets pregnant, I hope a child would give Kaneki a reason to live, and bring him happiness. Would Hide return then? T.T

I look forward to seeing Kaneki and Touka’s changes, both individually and together. I don’t ship this couple necessarily, but I do feel relaxed, seeing Kaneki embraced and loved sincerely. It was nice to not have an intensely sad chapter.
Regardless of how long Touka and Kaneki’s relationship lasts, I hope he will feel reassured that he’s not truly alone. Aside from Touka, Kaneki has the other GOAT members with him, and Hide somewhere in the distance. :)
Shicchi said:
Raneer said:

^ THANK YOU! Your post reinforced how important Hide is, and how much I love him too! I truly respect how understanding Hide is! He’s never turned his back on Kaneki, and did his best to find out about our protagonist’s whereabouts. I think anyone would get pissed off, if their best friend suddenly disappeared without a word, but Hide has shown that he’s an amazing friend and support for Kaneki! LOL, I didn’t realize this earlier, but your post has allowed me to see, that I really do like the Hide and Kaneki pair. I definitely prefer them over Touka and Kaneki. :P Whether it’s brotherly or romantically, it doesn’t matter – I’m waiting for Hide to come back, and cry tears of joy then. I want to know what our ray of sunshine has been up to. ;________;

Btw, The Garden of Words is one of my favourite movies. Thanks for including the GIF of Yukino crying. It definitely reminded me of that emotional moment in the film. </3
Cloe900311May 23, 2017 9:44 PM
May 24, 2017 5:00 AM

Apr 2014
Fay207 said:
More professional mean sticking to the style of your work, I didnt say there should not be this kind of relationships, but they should not include it in a porn style
Thats what I meant

What do you mean sticking to the style of his work? Your argument is moronic as hell. Sex between two people who like each other is completely fucking natural. Kaneki and Touka both deeply care for eachother so what better way to convey those emotions than with the two having sex? Especially considering how broken both of these character's psyches are.

This series isn't serialized in shoujo or shounen magazines so they're perfectly allowed to depict such scenes.
Z4KMay 24, 2017 5:04 AM
May 24, 2017 5:03 AM

Aug 2016
Fay207 said:

Pretty serious, when you growup learning about the emotional things and the important events much interesting than sex scenes , as sex should be a matter of your own personal life.
Honestly i dont care about the sex life of other than me and my partner and so I dont wana watch it, which should be the most natural thing

Don't read seinen, Kaneki's character needed to be fleshed out in every aspects of life (since he is the protagonist), sex is a part of life, it's not that difficult to understand.

Unless he was asexual but since chapter 1 we know that he isn't one.
Shadow_Star_May 24, 2017 5:11 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2017 9:58 AM

Apr 2014
Fay207 said:
Z4k said:

What do you mean sticking to the style of his work? Your argument is moronic as hell. Sex between two people who like each other is completely fucking natural. Kaneki and Touka both deeply care for eachother so what better way to convey those emotions than with the two having sex? Especially considering how broken both of these character's psyches are.

This series isn't serialized in shoujo or shounen magazines so they're perfectly allowed to depict such scenes.
Sex is natural, but including sex scenes in a non sexual manga is not natural

Ive read more than 200 chapter including the 1st series, and I can distinguish when a changes occurs

You do realize how stupid you sound right? Just because it's not a sexual manga doesn't mean it's not going to depict some scenes like those occasionally. I mean going by your absurd logic, there shouldn't be any focus on romance between Touka and Kaneki either just because this isn't a romance manga which like I said is honestly a stupid argument.
May 24, 2017 10:14 AM

Aug 2016
Fay207 said:

Sex is natural, but including sex scenes in a non sexual manga is not natural

Ive read more than 200 chapter including the 1st series, and I can distinguish when a changes occurs

The plot started because a guy wanted to get laid.....

I don't understand what do you mean by sexual manga, seriously wtf , they are called hentai.

Your argument makes no sense, sorry.

Fay207 said:

As i said im not against the sex am against the method they delivered the massage
They could delevier the massage without putting porn style sex scenes
I prefer sticking to it general style

Simply no, you don't understand the meaning of this chapter so don't speak about it please.
Shadow_Star_May 24, 2017 10:27 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM

» help refresh my memory pls

Hunted - Aug 11, 2023

5 by waalex11 »»
Aug 25, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.