Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 18, 2017 8:29 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Manga author Hiro Mashima announced in the afterword of the 61st compiled volume of Fairy Tail manga on Wednesday that the series will conclude in two volumes. He further stated on his Twitter account that he has lots of plans for the franchise, although the manga is ending. Mashima also revealed that he plans to begin a new series soon.

Fairy Tail has been serialized in Weekly Shounen Magazine since August 2006, and currently has over 60 million copies in print worldwide. The series won in Shounen manga category at the 33rd Kodansha Manga Award and Japan Expo Award in 2009. The manga has inspired multiple adaptations; including a 175-episode TV series, a 102-episode sequel, two OVA series, two anime films, several spin-off manga, and a side story novel series.

Del Rey Manga (now defunct) initially published the first 12 volumes of the manga in English in North America, and Kodansha Comics USA resumed publishing the manga with the 13th volume in May 2011. Funimation licensed the anime for North American distribution, and has been releasing the series in Blu-ray and DVD since April 2013.

Source: Hachima Kikou, Otakomu
VindstotApr 5, 2018 5:30 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 18, 2017 8:37 PM

May 2017
Man. :/

And I was getting ready to start planning to read the series from the beginning. Well, at least I'll have enough time catch up to when the series is completed, I guess.
May 18, 2017 8:38 PM
Jan 2013
woo wee finally lol
gone bai bai
May 18, 2017 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
Hype for the new series!!

Idk why but I think I'm going to tear up...
May 18, 2017 8:41 PM

Jul 2009
Time for the inevitable re-read after having it on-hold since god knows when.
May 18, 2017 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
I hope the next series will be better.

edit: about to end in 10 chapters
maku21May 19, 2017 6:56 AM

But you'll still take damage!
May 18, 2017 8:42 PM

Feb 2015
ABOUT GOD DAMN TIME~
May 18, 2017 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
Me when hearing about Fairy Tail ending:

May 18, 2017 8:52 PM

Jun 2014
This final arc has been god-awful, it's about time to just let it die. Hopefully whatever he does next is better than FT, but that honestly shouldn't be too difficult.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 18, 2017 9:17 PM

Jan 2009
kinda old news, but hype for the finale!
May 18, 2017 9:25 PM

Dec 2012
I really ought to finish FT 2014. I'd be so in the mood if they announce another season to wrap it all up with this.
May 18, 2017 9:30 PM

Aug 2016
Current mood.

Man, I never really considered how I'd feel when the day came to see that 'Fairy Tail' To End announcement. It's bittersweet, really. As one of my first anime/manga pick-ups, Fairy Tail has established itself as one of my all-time favorite franchises, particularly thanks to the characters (looking at you, Erza).

I think it's nice, though, that the series is heading towards a conclusive and fulfilling end. As much as some fans would love for it to never end, we've seen what that can do to similar franchises overtime, and I don't want that for Fairy Tail. Mashima, both as a person and mangaka, is someone to really respect, and I trust that he knows when it's time to move on.

I'm looking forward to the future, excited to see what's to come as the manga concludes. Here's to hoping we get a nice and proper third adaptation.
ValenthyneMay 18, 2017 9:37 PM
May 18, 2017 9:51 PM

Mar 2012
Yes, let it end for the sake future of shounen manga.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
May 18, 2017 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
Eh, the recent arc for Fairy Tail was pretty damn awful. But I hope it ends on a decent note in all honesty.

And I don't really get anything regarding on "for the future of shounen mangas" even before Fairy Tail existed... series had the same issues, if not far worse by comparison to Fairy Tail to me. And I've seen or read worse shounen mangas with this.

Hopefully, when Hiro ends this he can make something he has more interests in because I felt like Fairy Tail lost its entertainment charm as the arcs passed by honestly, with exception of Tartarus Arc.
May 18, 2017 10:08 PM

Oct 2014
Symphyon said:
Eh, the recent arc for Fairy Tail was pretty damn awful. But I hope it ends on a decent note in all honesty.

And I don't really get anything regarding on "for the future of shounen mangas" even before Fairy Tail existed... series had the same issues, if not far worse by comparison to Fairy Tail to me. And I've seen or read worse shounen mangas with this.

Hopefully, when Hiro ends this he can make something he has more interests in because I felt like Fairy Tail lost its entertainment charm as the arcs passed by honestly, with exception of Tartarus Arc.
yh the series did get worse as it went on and on.
Although fans might be pissed about Natsu not facing acnologia.

Fairy tail to me kinda lost its mojo a long time ago though.
Still it didn't drop as much as bleach did.
May 18, 2017 10:12 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This news is too sad
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 18, 2017 10:13 PM

Nov 2014
Tokyoghoul1105 said:
ABOUT GOD DAMN TIME~

You stole my words.
May 18, 2017 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
I have been saying nearly the same thing in every thread that pops up about that announcement.

I have mixed feelings about it, I love the early fairy tail and even if it did have questionable decision from time to time it was overall a really enjoyable ride both in the anime and in the manga but after the timeskip and the tournament it really started to fall apart for me, it lost in quality and at this very point the current arc is absolute garbage and even the fans including myself do not seem to be happy with it.

I am not sure about the ending, on one hand the current arc has been so bad I kinda hope he ends it but also it seems to soon, as if I am not sure if wrapping things up so quickly is a good thing, it will only make things worse or perhaps it is for the better to just end it.

Also the most important thing, OUR SHIP???!!! what about them???? fug it, not like I was expecting them to actually sail but still fuck.

I wonder what he makes next but I kinda hope he makes a really ecchi heavy series ahaha, I am not saying it in an insulting way, I like ecchi, I think he could make a good ecchi series if he tried but whatever it is that he makes, I hope he does not make another long runner and also it appears he will be making some small spin offs for fairy tail as well, maybe we will actually see our ships sail, who knows? ;-;

now I wonder, should I catch up to the newest chapters and follow it when they release or wait for it all to end and then binge :thinking:

Symphyon said:
I think like he kinda got bored and lost interest at some point and continued for the sake of finishing it and or the sake of fans.
May 18, 2017 10:38 PM

Apr 2011
Guess that's rip for any chances of having a new anime
May 18, 2017 10:46 PM

May 2016
what a relief, just make sure not ended into "the next generation".
May 18, 2017 10:48 PM

Apr 2009
I remember when I read the first chapters of FT on KEFI as a young lad back then. Sadly, after a good 50-60 chapters the manga fell into a very predictable and lame framework from which it never recovered. So despite its success I will probably never read a Mashima manga again, it was just way too generic and repititive for me to be enjoyable.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 18, 2017 11:09 PM

Mar 2016
"You'll never see it comiiiiiiiiiiiing"

Damn, well im hope something fresh is gonna start from him
EVA-SoulsMay 19, 2017 7:35 AM
May 18, 2017 11:12 PM
Jul 2018
Darek said:
I have been saying nearly the same thing in every thread that pops up about that announcement.

I have mixed feelings about it, I love the early fairy tail and even if it did have questionable decision from time to time it was overall a really enjoyable ride both in the anime and in the manga but after the timeskip and the tournament it really started to fall apart for me, it lost in quality and at this very point the current arc is absolute garbage and even the fans including myself do not seem to be happy with it.

I am not sure about the ending, on one hand the current arc has been so bad I kinda hope he ends it but also it seems to soon, as if I am not sure if wrapping things up so quickly is a good thing, it will only make things worse or perhaps it is for the better to just end it.

Also the most important thing, OUR SHIP???!!! what about them???? fug it, not like I was expecting them to actually sail but still fuck.

I wonder what he makes next but I kinda hope he makes a really ecchi heavy series ahaha, I am not saying it in an insulting way, I like ecchi, I think he could make a good ecchi series if he tried but whatever it is that he makes, I hope he does not make another long runner and also it appears he will be making some small spin offs for fairy tail as well, maybe we will actually see our ships sail, who knows? ;-;

now I wonder, should I catch up to the newest chapters and follow it when they release or wait for it all to end and then binge :thinking:

Symphyon said:
I think like he kinda got bored and lost interest at some point and continued for the sake of finishing it and or the sake of fans.

In a sense I can understand why, but I guess it's more so for force because I may assume publishers can force their writers to do more. I guess? But yeah it feels like he lost ideas and he felt inconsistent in the end. I do hope for the better of it as much as people give too damn criticisms about it. If you get what I mean, end somewhat decent and I'm fine with it.
May 18, 2017 11:13 PM
Aug 2011
Great to hear.
It went from fun/significant character interactions to things like Lucy falling to the ground with her blouse tearing into little pieces in the process just so we could have another BOOBS moment.
That was about 150 chapters ago when I stopped reading so I can't even imagine all the nonsense that has happened since then.
May 18, 2017 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
Bourmegar said:
Symphyon said:

yh the series did get worse as it went on and on.
Although fans might be pissed about Natsu not facing acnologia.

Fairy tail to me kinda lost its mojo a long time ago though.
Still it didn't drop as much as bleach did.

Yeah it lost its charm (I can still enjoy it but the recent arc was just bad as I said) but I can agree with it not falling quality wise compared to Bleach... I hope it doesn't end that way Lol. xS
May 18, 2017 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
stand said:
Great to hear.
It went from fun/significant character interactions to things like Lucy falling to the floor with her blouse tearing into little pieces in the process just so we could have another BOOBS moment.
That was about 150 chapters ago when I stopped reading so I can't even imagine all the nonsense that has happened since then.

Well it went into pretty stupid direction and well I didn't really mind it. Took it as a guilty pleasure until the recent arc. It is technically worse than the Grand Magic Games arc and that arc was hated by a lot of people back in the days with the series. That arc ain't that bad anyways tbh. At best I guess its mediocre.
May 18, 2017 11:15 PM

Jan 2009
Valaskjalf said:

there are still fans that think an anime sequel will be announce

but base on history like with Bleach manga then a chance for an anime sequel is gone when the source material ends
May 18, 2017 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
j0x said:
Valaskjalf said:

but base on history like with Bleach manga then a chance for an anime sequel is gone when the source material ends

Well, it can still happen even if a series ends. But base point while I prefer not having a sequel since they will then adapt that arc which everyone dislikes, it can still happen. Probably.
May 18, 2017 11:21 PM

Jan 2009
Symphyon said:
j0x said:

Well, it can still happen even if a series ends. But base point while I prefer not having a sequel since they will then adapt that arc which everyone dislikes, it can still happen. Probably.

ye anime sequel of a concluded manga can happen too like Inuyasha The Final Act i heard but that took decades, so good luck for those waiting anime fans
May 18, 2017 11:52 PM

Jan 2015
draco6 said:

By next generation you mean Kimetsu no Yaiba, Black Clover, Yakusoku no Neverland, Dr. Stone and Boku no Hero Academia right?
May 19, 2017 12:23 AM

Jul 2013
It's the best decission Mashima could take, tbh. Not just because the quality of the manga became worse, but because they were already dealing with the final bosses and there wasn't any much to do with the series at this point.
May 19, 2017 2:11 AM

May 2009
Praise the sun!!!!!!!!!!! FT is soooooooooooooooooooo boring and repetitive!!!!! Let it die!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
May 19, 2017 3:14 AM

Feb 2011
good fucking riddance
May 19, 2017 3:56 AM
Jan 2014
Xenocrisi said:
draco6 said:

By next generation you mean Kimetsu no Yaiba, Black Clover, Yakusoku no Neverland, Dr. Stone and Boku no Hero Academia right?

I think he means Natsu's son
May 19, 2017 4:17 AM

Mar 2015
ahahahahahhahahahah

at least, it finnaly officially confirmed...

good fucking riddance... this series should ended long time ago or the ending changed totally, but last 3 arc is god damn awful with last arc is the worst... it kinda sad that it will be the last arc will be remembered (like bleach)...

i like it in the beginning, it look like your usual fun adventure series... not to mention rave was good experience... but it got too cheesy when they are attempt to get serious... it just didn't really deliver...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 19, 2017 5:06 AM

Dec 2015
Heh, so the time has finally come.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 19, 2017 6:50 AM
Apr 2014
New series soon? That better be an ecchi manga.
May 19, 2017 7:37 AM

Dec 2013
What a great time to be alive. This manga has massively overstayed it's welcome
May 19, 2017 7:42 AM

Mar 2016
Oh wow, well I guess I'll finally be able to start reading it.
May 19, 2017 8:37 AM

Nov 2012
finally !!! it was about time.
May 19, 2017 8:52 AM

Jul 2016
Biggest train wreck in history. It went from absolutely fantastic earlier arcs to a horrible mess after Edolas. Feels like he don't even know himself what to do with his own series.

Nevertheless, still looking forward to his next world. Hopefully, this time, focusing more on ecchi stuff.
May 19, 2017 9:33 AM
Mar 2017
The only motivation probably after Tenrou island arc is to see the main canon pair Natsu x Lucy's ending.
May 19, 2017 12:01 PM

Jul 2013
so many long running series are ending
May 19, 2017 1:00 PM

Mar 2015
Fairy tail never deserved more than a 6/10 score, but I still want them to animate the rest of the manga
But yeah based on previous experiences and the current manga sales, I don't think this will happen.
May 19, 2017 1:02 PM

Feb 2015
Will the new series he'll start something like the Boruto thingy or different?

Kuma said:

i like it in the beginning, it look like your usual fun adventure series... not to mention rave was good experience... but it got too cheesy when they are attempt to get serious... it just didn't really deliver...

I actually kinda felt that when I started watching FT S2... :/
May 19, 2017 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
_Ako_ said:

Most likely something different. If he's gonna do something different I'm quite curious how that one will turn out.
May 19, 2017 1:05 PM

Feb 2015
Symphyon said:
_Ako_ said:

Most likely something different. If he's gonna do something different I'm quite curious how that one will turn out.

Ohhh, not that is quite a good one. I'm expecting something like...

FT ship established(ending) ----> Then move on to something like Boruto

If it is a different, I might first look what it has to offer...
May 19, 2017 1:28 PM

Feb 2012
Finally man I got tired of lowering FT's score week in week out that's how terrible the shit is man.
May 19, 2017 2:56 PM

Oct 2008
Let's hope he doesn't rehash the same ideas he did for Fairy Tail. I found it so nerve-wracking every time he introduced an element in Fairy tail he already explored in Groove Adventure Rave. Please explore new territory, Mashima-sensei!
May 19, 2017 4:45 PM

Sep 2013
F
Make some Lucy spinoffs Mashima :'(
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Mahoutsukai ni Narenakatta Onnanoko no Hanashi' Reveals Main Cast, Additional Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
5 hours ago

» 'Sayounara Ryuusei, Konnichiwa Jinsei' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, First Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
5 hours ago

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

13 by Inorichi »»
6 hours ago

» 'Yaku nara Mug Cup mo' Compilation Movie Announced for March 2025

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
8 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

2 by malvarez1 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.