Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 22, 2017 10:26 PM

Aug 2013
Why Chinatsu why???????

I had a hunch since the beginning because she was always overly friendly with him, and then this episode in particular you could just tell from the look on her face.

Whole time I'm sitting there "no, no. no no no. Chinatsu please don't fall in love with him, you're going to make this very difficult for me!" Aaaaand of course the text comes at the end.

Which sucks because I do like Akane, and I like seeing the already established ship continue to grow....but personally I think Chinatsu is the better match.

I think her complete opposite personality is a good match for Azumi. Any time they talked she was basically forcing him to match her pace. Always seems like when they interact he talks a lot more and shows a lot more expressions than when he's all alone and nervous with Akane. I think Chinatsu would've been good at breaking him out of his comfort zone a bit and getting him to act more like how he does with his bros.

What's going to make this worse is how much its going to devastate Chinatsu because she already feels like she's losing to Akane when it comes to track. Now that she's losing to her in love too over the same guy it's gonna hurt, a lot.
Jul 1, 2017 7:39 AM

Dec 2016
A cute ending turned into a love triangle that I think a lot of us saw coming
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 1, 2017 4:19 PM

May 2015
Well that is one of the cons of having secrets... Chinatsu can’t put a break on her feelings because she didn’t know about MC & Heroine and I think the same would happen with the head of the track and field team, I’m interested to know how all of this will be resolved...

On a side note:
Daisukeis a total Bro. I salute you!
Jul 6, 2017 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
Soli18 said:

I don't approve of this development >:l

Drama incoming noooo

I burst out laughing when he started squeezing that penguin plush.

Like father, like daughter.
Jul 6, 2017 9:36 PM

Sep 2013
Cockblock status: successful.

Poor horny bunnies >.<
Jul 12, 2017 12:08 PM

May 2017
I COULD NOT STOP SMILING ALL THROUGH THAT SCENE IN THE SHOP!!!

Beautiful music btw... This one, the one from episode 3, the OP, the ED, everything is so well made and perfectly suited to each scenario...

Also, the occasional 3D animations of the background crowd in some scenic shots annoyed me a little because even though their faces were alright, their walking style was too... robotic, for the lack of a better word. Currently, this series is very high on my rating even though I have a few gripes which will eventually bring its rating down a notch sooner or later.
Jul 23, 2017 12:42 AM

Apr 2017
I think I like Chinatsu more than Akane. Maybe It's just my personal preference for more talkative girls over quiet ones, but I find her interactions with azumi to be cuter than the otp. Maybe I don't care about the couple, but I think I just don't want her to be rejected. The fumbling around was pretty cute at the beginning, but even now that they're together, they both look kinda depressed when they spend time together. Hopefully they get past this, because I do like both of them, and I want them to be able to say what's on their mind.

But, also, I thought chinatsu was aware of what was going on with them, so I thought it was weird that she would directly text Akane about it.
Big breast are full of dreams, but small breast are full of hope.
Jul 25, 2017 7:49 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely episode again, totally loved that ending! Let's see what's next.
Jul 29, 2017 9:03 PM
Mar 2017
Does anyone knows the song when they held hands??? Pleaseeeeee ≧﹏≦
Jul 29, 2017 11:13 PM

Apr 2016
_BakaUSUITAKUMI_ said:
Does anyone knows the song when they held hands??? Pleaseeeeee ≧﹏≦

It's already been posted a few times in this thread.

like here

Yasashi Kimochi.
Aug 11, 2017 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
ITS HAPPENNINNNGGGGGG
Aug 28, 2017 6:07 AM

Apr 2015
It was a yes. If I was watching weekly this would have been seven days of agony

So damn cute...I need handcuffs while watching this, that damn pause button

Shit song this time
Nov 20, 2017 2:25 AM

Sep 2012
Jonesy974 said:
Why Chinatsu why???????

I had a hunch since the beginning because she was always overly friendly with him, and then this episode in particular you could just tell from the look on her face.

Whole time I'm sitting there "no, no. no no no. Chinatsu please don't fall in love with him, you're going to make this very difficult for me!" Aaaaand of course the text comes at the end.

Which sucks because I do like Akane, and I like seeing the already established ship continue to grow....but personally I think Chinatsu is the better match.

I think her complete opposite personality is a good match for Azumi. Any time they talked she was basically forcing him to match her pace. Always seems like when they interact he talks a lot more and shows a lot more expressions than when he's all alone and nervous with Akane. I think Chinatsu would've been good at breaking him out of his comfort zone a bit and getting him to act more like how he does with his bros.

What's going to make this worse is how much its going to devastate Chinatsu because she already feels like she's losing to Akane when it comes to track. Now that she's losing to her in love too over the same guy it's gonna hurt, a lot.

when i so that txt i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SH!!!!!
i bet she brakes it off cause of Chinatsu she is the sacrificing type & i don't know can i bear to watch that

Finished it:
luckily it didn't go that route what i was thinking her dumping him for a friend
Sugram22Nov 21, 2017 2:14 AM
Nov 21, 2017 10:06 AM

Apr 2016
I like the speed of the show.. :)

I kinda cheered for hira for a few seconds there, haha.. but am back to mizunoXazumi now.. XD

Chinatsu is not bad i think, but really, she should get a hint and back off.. :/

The short stories at the end of each ep are hilarious XD
Dec 5, 2017 1:58 PM

Mar 2012
You know it's bad when the other two characters (Takumi/Chinatsu) are more interesting than the main couple...
Dec 23, 2017 5:44 PM

Dec 2013
Book store dude is a bro!
Jan 6, 2018 7:11 PM

Aug 2010
I actually like Chinatsu a little more than Akane. I mean she had no problems showing her interest in Azumi to everyone from the start, even declaring they were friends after the class competitions. Her message is a clear heads up to Chinatsu since she may know something is going on, but she doesn't know they are dating. Akane could have nipped this in the bud a long time ago IMO.
Jan 14, 2018 10:34 AM

Dec 2012
That moment when they hold hands...sometimes words just can't describe the feelings that simple moments like that convey.

The end took me off guard though. Not that Chinatsu has feelings for Azumi, but I thought she had picked up on Azumi x Akane on the trip.

Also lol @ those skits at the end. The Miu & Inaba one is so true.
ZekkenshinJan 14, 2018 10:37 AM
Feb 12, 2018 8:01 PM

Mar 2015
Oh wow this episode was so sweet lmao
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 5, 2018 1:00 AM

Dec 2015
No love triangle/square plss.

Minus the cgi background figures the character development is definitely a strong point. I've kind of just accepted the fact that they both have some form of Aspergers after painfully watching that 2 word exchange.
~
Apr 15, 2018 11:33 AM

Apr 2016
he holds her hand in an awkward position without saying a thing!
Kotarou-kun I know just wanna touch some legs you perv!

"If it made you happy, then everything’s okay."
- Haruka Kasugano

Apr 18, 2018 1:58 PM

Nov 2017
It’s nice seeing Azuma and Akane becoming closer, especially the scene in the book store. Great chemistry building, and the song playing while they were taking was great for the mood.
May 1, 2018 8:33 AM

Jul 2009
Meh. Way to predictable thus far. It would be a nice change of pace if the main guy got with the girl's friend, and the girl to get with track star. Would also feel more realistic. The story is just way to cliche/"obvious" in what it's doing.
Oct 19, 2018 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
masa8224 said:
Just finish the episode
Damn the sweetness and heartwarming.
I need to take my insulin shot after watching this episode.
Chinatsu pls stop.
Hira-senpai too
let them be pls

And
Can someone translate the last chat in akane's phone in the end of episode?

Chinatsu( Akane's tomboy friend) texts that she has a crush on Kotarou.
Oct 19, 2018 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
The post credit shorts are great! Brings a little insight into the other characters and some much needed comedy to an otherwise serious show.
Jan 18, 2019 3:42 PM

May 2016
The scene with the parents at the end was hilarious. Akane needs to keep her friend in check
Feb 25, 2019 4:24 PM

Dec 2015
The tone is pretty boring and generic same shrine/club/sports festival ect i'm done with it i think the only thing worth it in this aime is the art it's beautiful
Mar 28, 2019 12:40 PM

Aug 2017
Awkward and boring. Chinatsu is the best character. MCs are drab and are failing in their pursuits. Watching in fast forward.
duhu1148 said:
Meh. Way to predictable thus far. It would be a nice change of pace if the main guy got with the girl's friend, and the girl to get with track star. Would also feel more realistic. The story is just way to cliche/"obvious" in what it's doing.

I agree that would be great
May 3, 2019 4:55 PM

Jul 2016
I knew Chinatsu would have feelings for Kota... but man, who would have thought my boy, being all awkward and shy, would end up making two girls fall for him?

I also can't believe I was smiling like an idiot during the whole episode, especially with the sequence where they started texting each other with Kota being all excited with every response. They just look so awkwardly cute I couldn't help it.

The post-credit shorts were very funny as well, especially the one featuring Ayane's boyfriend xD
Jan 19, 2020 12:52 AM

Aug 2018
Look at ma boi
He had the courage to held the hand of Akane
i thought he will be like "can i touch your hand...?" xD

So this anime about a shy couple dating ... they were pretty cute though

they need to level up their relationship
they need to talk more to each other
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 8, 2020 1:53 PM

Sep 2019
this is so bad it looks like a soap opera
Jun 2, 2020 10:08 AM

Apr 2020
I love the little shorts stories at the end of each episode. I related to the guy whose girlfriend kept asking his opinion so much! xD

I HATE those 3D background characters though, they look hideous.
Jul 22, 2020 11:38 AM

Mar 2019
Ofc that shit girl has to have a crush on Azumi..... I hate her so muchhh lol. But it's so cute to see moments like the library one, when their hands met and they were just making weird noises, it was so cuteeee.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 23, 2020 7:02 AM

Jun 2020
the starting of the OP reminds me a lot of ao haru ride's

omfg their text exchanges were so fucking cute at the start, brings back memories

i like how their relationship is developing, it's really natural & sweet!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 28, 2020 8:55 PM

Aug 2014
Home wrecker alert! At this young age wtf :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 7, 2020 4:48 AM

Oct 2016
That scene in the library is good for the heart, what is not good for the heart is Chinatsu butting in. But, the moment Azumi first interacted with Chinatsu I knew it was coming. Still every episode has been solid so far and I hope it continues to do so.
Sep 29, 2020 12:37 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Don’t get me wrong I’m loving this so far, but it’s driving my crazy that they just don’t TALK TO each other (apart from their texts ofc). Yeah I know that’s the whole point, they’re young they’re timid they’re awkward and the series probably centres around their growth in being with each other and learning about dating (guugle let’s go bois). All I’m asking is for some development, please don’t stay like this for the whole series, please. 2 things driving me to watch this: 1 being it’s innocent premise being a welcome breath fresh air, and 2, hoping these 2 will actually have a real heart to heart, face to face talk with each other by the end. Is that asking too much... again, fingers crossed for a hopefully good short series.

EDIT: yeah so I wrote this while halfway through the episode. I just finished it, so uh, I guess you can disregard everything I said above. I’m happy now. Things are starting to unfold, and our man grew some balls and took her hand just like that. Also the cgi models are creepy
BetaMaleUltraSep 29, 2020 12:47 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 8, 2020 4:28 PM

Jul 2017
The middle school romance officially has set sail and they are off to a rocky start. Both Kotarou and Akane keeping the relationship a secret (of course, other their friends are gonna eat them alive lol, and they're socially really shy too), but they don't really find the right time to be able to freely communicate with each other in person - not to mention that the one chance they would have been able to be together in the library at school, Akane made her move late and Chinatsu somehow ended up eating with Kotaro there. Luckily they both managed to meet up at Daisuke's bookstore and spend some alone time together there, even holding hands and encouraging each other to do their best in person. They were miles apart from each other when Kotarou confessed to Akane with the moon staring in front of them, but that distance felt closer and closer by the end. Chinatsu did text Akane about her feelings for Kotarou though and thus, a subtle love triangle has begun despite Akane and Kotarou already dating each other.

Plus, Chinatsu is going to the same cram school as Kotarou so its just a bit more of a complication innit. I don't see this anime as forcing a love triangle down my throat though, it's clear Kotarou and Akane like each other, its just the others are not aware by any means and they have their own thoughts about Akane and Hira together and for Chinatsu's case, her being with Kotarou. Good episode overall though.
Jul 21, 2021 10:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was really cute when they were holding hands, but well love polygon/jealousy now with Chinatsu added to it
Jul 21, 2021 2:33 PM

May 2018
ngl the penguin plushie would also win me over :D
Sep 30, 2021 7:55 PM
Apr 2021
I was getting so frustrated with previous episodes I almost dropped it, but the plot finally moved forward without the endless "hm"'s and "sighs" from Curly-kun and Akane.

I shouldn't had picked this show after watching Kobayashi-san no Maid Dragon S

Pro Tip: Do not watch slow-paced romances after fast-paced comedies!
Feb 18, 2022 9:11 AM

Sep 2021
no no non ono nono nono non ononon on ono nono no no non ono non onon on not hte love triangle plot please god no
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Mar 28, 2022 3:09 AM

Apr 2018
I shouldn't have watch this episode before grinding university homework. Thought that this anime gonna be pure heartwarming anime.
May 30, 2022 2:56 AM
Apr 2022
This episode really seemed to be building Akane's increasing doubt in the relationship.

Jealousy about Chinatsu's friendliness with Kotarou leads her to accepting Hira's invite to walk home after bad practice times (check her body language immediately after the invite!), Ayane's comment that was something couples did shortly beforehand, and the 3 younger girls asking her about it afterwards. She knew how this would look, what was she really hoping for there? Either way, Hira botched it so badly it was comical.

The girls talking in front of a Akane about dating was basically saying out loud what Akane was thinking

Nice renewed determination, then HANDHOLDING!

From the walk-home / car dodging scene, fairly obvious Chinatsu has fallen hard for Kotarou, although he's (literally!) tiptoeing around her.

On Chinatsu's part: while she knew Kotaoru had met Akane on the trip, Akane has not told her they are dating, denied they were meeting at the library, must have known about Akane's walk home with Hira - telling Akane she has a (genuine) crush on Kotarou seems reasonable, onus is then on Akane to push-back if it's a problem.
Jun 13, 2022 10:58 PM
Jun 2022
Ahhh....pure and heatwarming....

Except Akane gives Takumi an opportunity by the riverbank, thinks about dumping Azume later anyway although gives him another chance 'cos she likes watching him playfight with his buddies. Then they hold hands in the end. All good. That's nice.

Except Akanes best friends now likes the guy she almost cheated on, then almost dumped, but now she wants him again.

Yep, middle school dating at it's best.
Jul 6, 2022 6:20 AM

Jul 2021
*muffled screaming*

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 12, 2022 8:13 AM

Oct 2022
I really love all the imagery they are using in the anime so far. When Chinatsu and Azumi were walking down the road, you can see Chinatsu take interest in him and the hint is that it shows a blurred reflection of the moon in the water afterwards. It's basically saying that she thinks she has a crush on him.
Jan 16, 2023 4:03 AM

Jul 2022
AAAAAAH, I'm going to get diabetes!

She gave Ayane's father a penguin stuffed animal and she already approves of her daughter's boyfriend xDDDD
DZentoJan 16, 2023 4:07 AM
Mar 20, 2023 1:52 PM
Aug 2020
aint no fuckin way this short haired bitch boutta interfere, its always the short haired mf's, REM, yuigahama, man wtf
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM
Dec 2020
Muito bom, um dos melhores romances que já assistir se não o melhor!!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

250 by database_animal »»
May 3, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

229 by RGreatDanton »»
May 2, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2017

132 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

623 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.