Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 26, 2018 2:49 PM
Oct 2015
en_____ said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WOW! I didn't think a movie could be that bad, especially based off a series that good! so that's why the popularity was 48 or something and yet it's ranked over 2000! I don't think they could have made Saya uglier if they tried!!!

This movie wasn't based off series, this was created in 2000, the series in 2005.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 26, 2018 2:51 PM
Oct 2015
Eell said:
Underages and people who are not a fan of horror, why would they watch this in the first place? Nothing was beautiful, It was all ugly because vampires are ugly creatures. And the action was calculated.

Actually, Blood+ (not Blood: The Last Vampire) is masterpiece in my opinion. Because of it doesn't show vampires as people with perfect body and white-ish skin, it also shows them as ugly. This series are the only anime about vampires that showed vampires as real as they can be scientifically and mythologically. If you think vampires aren't supposed to be ugly, then you don't know about them anything.

Apr 26, 2018 2:57 PM
Oct 2015
The only thing I didn't get was that Saya got upset when nurse tarted to pray? I watched Blood+ long ago and don't recall anything about praying.

Apr 26, 2018 5:21 PM
Oct 2015
Eell said:
Imiran said:

Actually, Blood+ (not Blood: The Last Vampire) is masterpiece in my opinion. Because of it doesn't show vampires as people with perfect body and white-ish skin, it also shows them as ugly. This series are the only anime about vampires that showed vampires as real as they can be scientifically and mythologically. If you think vampires aren't supposed to be ugly, then you don't know about them anything.

"Nothing was beautiful" as in being a well-done horror story, if that part was the reason you quoted me. It was not a negative approach.

My bad, sorry....

May 27, 2018 2:30 PM

May 2016
I loved the concept behind giving her blood to that mutant and that death smile was beautiful.

It had many flaws but overall I enjoyed it 7/10
May 12, 2019 11:44 PM

Jul 2015
I think it was a good movie, the dubbed scenes are in my opinion better than most dubs out there. The only thing I would have liked was having subtitles at those scenes. But despite that I would give it a solid 7.

Nov 18, 2020 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
There's a universe somewhere I actually like this movie because the director decided to adequately cast & direct the English voice cast, but this ain't that universe.

Cool idea, but as someone who primarily watches English dubs, holy shit fuck that voice acting. Funimation was doing better in the same year.

But it was darkly noir in a way I wish I saw more of in anime, and anime Buffy the Vampire Slayer (waifu?) is a cool idea, too. I liked the eerie ending and Saya feeding her blood to the vampire she just slayed was haunting. But yeah, for how solid the presentation was, the voice performances ruined it for me. Really wish I could've liked this more than I did.

For people who've watched both, how similar in aesthetic is this to Blood+?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 8, 2020 6:51 AM

Oct 2010
Liked it, a lot (8/10).
Great art and animations, the backgrounds were flawless and immersive as f*ck, loved the chara more than anything and damn the gore scenes, the details of some objects, the faces' expressions, the monsters.
The plot problems, the poor chara develop., all the s*its you all complained WELL YOU KNOW in 40 minutes of a horror/action project you can't really do that much so at least be GRATEFUL 'cause thx to this short movie you had the funds to produce Blood+, you stupid weebs.

For christ's sake that's why the latest anime productions are all so shitty, you all couldn't appreciate a well-done work of art even if it hits you in the face.

emulatedFreedoms said:
Why is everyone comparing to Blood+ when this came out first?

srly

emulatedFreedoms said:
Why is everyone comparing to Blood+ when this came out first?
Kuruwin said:
I guess people that like cliched shitty American horror movies can enjoy this but if you are not into that sort of thing then this film isn't for you. Poorly written schlock that doesn't even offer decent action.

this random comparison ???????

Zadion said:
There's a universe somewhere I actually like this movie because the director decided to adequately cast & direct the English voice cast, but this ain't that universe.

[...]

For people who've watched both, how similar in aesthetic is this to Blood+?

True that, the poor english dub ruins the full experience. But I'm so used in how much bad japan productions dub other languages that i don't mind that much attention anymore

For the art comparison between Blood and Blood+, they just cannot be compared. 2 different animation approaches, different style, even the main staff is different. And let's be clear, Blood+ is a tv product so the animation isn't polished as Blood TLV.
Jan 26, 2021 7:08 PM

Jan 2017
This is less of an action and more of an arthouse movie.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Jul 21, 2021 5:36 AM
Dec 2017
i wish that they remade this series making it more accurate to the original source.

Jan 24, 2022 9:14 PM

Aug 2018
A pretty decent short story.
Jun 12, 2022 10:49 AM

Dec 2020
what the hell was that
Jul 4, 2022 9:05 AM
Dec 2018
last fight scene was parasite the maxim level of anticlimacticity (if that's a word)
#kyoanistrong
Feb 18, 2023 12:50 PM

Aug 2017
Imaging hating a movie with designs by Katsuya Terada which are animated so well...it was a great action suspense movie. I liked the work with the lighting as well.
Oct 2, 2023 4:13 AM

Jan 2023
Very interesting! Saya is truly a bad ass, and the teacher might not look it, but to go through all that shit and still have any amount of sanity left over is insane.

Overall I like the fights, pacing, animation, plot, characters, character development and most things about this movie.

The only thing I can complain at is the voice acting at times felt very robot-like and pretty sluggish, but to take into consideration that this movie was released in 2000 I can kind of understand as there were many movies like that back in the day.

Overall, very solid watch!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Watch order.

SandyAxe78 - Mar 2

2 by SandyAxe78 »»
Mar 2, 10:57 AM

» Live action remake trailer

Beatnik - Feb 14, 2009

15 by otakuops7 »»
Aug 24, 2021 11:57 AM

» Saya from BtLV and Saya from Blood+, the same person?

kodial - Jul 28, 2011

16 by ArcFloof »»
Aug 12, 2019 6:25 AM

» How was the voice acting originally done?

LavenderCourage - Aug 17, 2009

2 by LavenderCourage »»
Sep 4, 2009 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.