Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 25, 2017 5:12 AM

Oct 2014
The recent adaptation of this series have royally screwed it, the Gonzo Anime was bang on for the vibe atmosphere and characters, the live actions were barely watchable and the recent CG film sucks major ass, and im not a manga reader so this series is dead lol.

Apr 25, 2017 5:18 AM

Sep 2016
the manga went trash with plot holes, unexplained stuff and the writer got no idea how to end the manga. it's utter mess at the end. good thing the newest movie is good since it features the best arc.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 25, 2017 5:23 AM

Feb 2013
the only thing i know is that hitler appears in the manga so i'd say it's worth just for that
Apr 25, 2017 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know what to think about Gantz. It was one of the german "MTV animes" to me like Ghost in the Shell and Wolf's Rain. I liked both, but I'm twisted about Gantz, because I saw it with 16 and of course edgy teenagers like edgy stuffs. Don't know how to think about it today and I'm too lazy to rewatch it. XD oh... I also forgot about adding Gantz. ^^"
Apr 25, 2017 5:29 AM

Apr 2016
Is this the manga where everyone is dying or is going to die ?
Apr 25, 2017 5:34 AM

Apr 2017
If i may be bother...

I haven't seen it yet.... :p

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 25, 2017 5:42 AM

Feb 2016
It was pretty fucking edgy but the protagonist and Nisio were really cool, the rest was horseshit tho :D

Ive yet to watch the movie, but plan to because good cgi and dropped the 2nd season halfway through.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Apr 25, 2017 6:10 AM

Feb 2010
LOl the Gonzo anime was just about the worst part of the franchise I've seen. Tell your taste to git gud, mate.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 25, 2017 6:30 AM
Jul 2018
Disagree, the anime was worse, you can only go up from there. The recent CG movie looked amazing, but still was poor compared to the mango. Anyway, Gantz really isn't something I can even call good to begin with.
Apr 25, 2017 6:31 AM

Nov 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
I don't know what to think about Gantz. It was one of the german "MTV animes" to me like Ghost in the Shell and Wolf's Rain. I liked both, but I'm twisted about Gantz, because I saw it with 16 and of course edgy teenagers like edgy stuffs. Don't know how to think about it today and I'm too lazy to rewatch it. XD oh... I also forgot about adding Gantz. ^^"

Was Gantz the series with the train accident in one of the first episodes, by any chance ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2017 6:37 AM

Apr 2016
sakamoto-kun said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Was Gantz the series with the train accident in one of the first episodes, by any chance ?

Yes it is.
Charlimitsuxkzasssssszzz
Apr 25, 2017 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
Oh yes, the train accident. As far as I can remember, there were dead people in special suits shooting aliens and a lot of nude women and everything as edgy as it can be, right? XD
Apr 25, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
Oh yes, the train accident. As far as I can remember, there were dead people in special suits shooting aliens and a lot of nude women and everything as edgy as it can be, right? XD

Sounds terrible and I thought the series kinda good :D Well, I was about 10 years old back then. Maybe the time has come for a rewatch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 29, 2020 3:54 AM

Jul 2019
FMmatron said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Sounds terrible and I thought the series kinda good :D Well, I was about 10 years old back then. Maybe the time has come for a rewatch.
So did you watch it?
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Apr 29, 2020 4:09 AM

Nov 2016
puneetsingh said:
FMmatron said:

So did you watch it?

No xD

But I think I would rather go with the manga.

Apr 29, 2020 4:12 AM

Jul 2019
FMmatron said:
puneetsingh said:
So did you watch it?

No xD

The best part of the adaptation is I think the movie. CGI is surprisingly much better in Gantz:O.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Apr 29, 2020 4:21 AM

Nov 2016
puneetsingh said:
FMmatron said:

No xD

The best part of the adaptation is I think the movie. CGI is surprisingly much better in Gantz:O.

Yeah, I heard that the movie had pretty stellar production. The franchise is on my list, but low priority tbh.

Apr 29, 2020 8:20 AM

Jul 2019
FMmatron said:
puneetsingh said:

Yeah, I heard that the movie had pretty stellar production. The franchise is on my list, but low priority tbh.
Oh, I see. Character limit is stupid multiple times
Apr 29, 2020 12:55 PM

Oct 2014
puneetsingh said:
FMmatron said:

So did you watch it?

lol not troll bait, i love gantz, and enjoyed the anime and manga going as far to say if it was made in full in an anime format id be extremely happy.

Those CG versions ruined it, because it gives potential more follow up, movies and ovas or whole series a lesser chance to come out, and im a little upset each time they cover gantz its always just doing what the anime showed in 26 eps, the live actions came and then this which was worse than both.

The same thing happened with Tonegawa the spin off anime to kaiji, thats another series i love to death but because they made such a shi#ty follow up it may ruin the chances of kaiji season 3 and 4 coming out, the movies were pretty bad as well, but releasing tonegawa made no sense as a huge huge kaiji fan, i could even watch it past a few episodes

So yeah my main point was anger that making bad adaptations of a series cuts of potential growth and popularity which gives the green light for more seasons to come out,
Apr 30, 2020 4:15 AM

Jul 2019
chrisedmonds said:
puneetsingh said:
So did you watch it?

lol not troll bait, i love gantz, and enjoyed the anime and manga going as far to say if it was made in full in an anime format id be extremely happy.

Those CG versions ruined it, because it gives potential more follow up, movies and ovas or whole series a lesser chance to come out, and im a little upset each time they cover gantz its always just doing what the anime showed in 26 eps, the live actions came and then this which was worse than both.

The same thing happened with Tonegawa the spin off anime to kaiji, thats another series i love to death but because they made such a shi#ty follow up it may ruin the chances of kaiji season 3 and 4 coming out, the movies were pretty bad as well, but releasing tonegawa made no sense as a huge huge kaiji fan, i could even watch it past a few episodes

So yeah my main point was anger that making bad adaptations of a series cuts of potential growth and popularity which gives the green light for more seasons to come out,
I think Movie's CG animation was great, only if u watched it completely.
Apr 30, 2020 8:57 AM

Oct 2014
puneetsingh said:
chrisedmonds said:

Nah cg was fine, the story execution and lines characters were given were what i thought fell flat
Apr 30, 2020 9:16 AM

Jul 2019
chrisedmonds said:
puneetsingh said:

Nah cg was fine, the story execution and lines characters were given were what i thought fell flat
Well it's a movie adaptation so there will be a lot of content cut out. Just look at berserk movies but I think it still did better to gain attention due to cool CGI but I know that the anime series and manga are way more horrifying/edgy/18+.
Apr 30, 2020 5:24 PM

Oct 2014
not even gonna respond to further comments, troll bait, so so dumb people writing that, must be people who liked that trashy cg film which was like 5% of the greatness of the anime ,and the anime still could have been better, with more eps, less filler and made by a different studio, although it could stay the same.

Its a fact that the CG movie sucks, and just me stating that by bringing out that horrible gantz material, it cuts of potential further anime content getting released.

Just like what Tonegawa did to the Kaiji series, made the chances for Season 3s release get ripped to like 10% because that show sucked so bad.
Jan 12, 2022 9:47 PM
Apr 2020
Yeah ikr, the pacing, the camera movement, cinematography, they are all just bad. I have never seen any anime worse than this series. I hope they will make a reboot for this franchise.
Jan 13, 2022 5:34 AM

Oct 2014
100% SH*T LIKE GANTZ 0 IS LIKE DRAGON BALL evolution, BASICALLY ITS SEWAGE.

Jul 9, 2022 4:36 AM
Feb 2022
this shit suck af wasting my time
Sep 6, 2022 8:53 AM
Jul 2021
GangsterCat said:
the manga went trash with plot holes, unexplained stuff and the writer got no idea how to end the manga. it's utter mess at the end. good thing the newest movie is good since it features the best arc.

The manga not a mess anymore tho

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Episode 5 Discussion

Scribbly - Sep 14, 2008

44 by pinnicopalls »»
Jun 3, 10:22 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Oct 5, 2008

69 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 12 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 5, 2008

43 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 11 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 4, 2008

49 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 10 Discussion

B25Mitch - Sep 27, 2008

37 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.