Forum Settings
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Volume 5 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Volume 5 Discussion
Apr 23, 2017 4:15 AM

Mar 2016
Okay. Volume 5 (final volume) is currently being translated. We got to know a bit about Elq and it was nice to see how these fairies in a way were answering to Elq's wishes due to her curiousity and admiration as a child Visitor. Being part of her and giving her short stories about brave warriors who fought with courage to protect others and sacrifice themselves until Kutori broke the pattern and showed her how selfish she was to indulge in such stories.
Shishou_23Apr 23, 2017 4:28 AM
May 2, 2017 11:22 PM

Oct 2016
The relationship between Willem and Elq is so goddamn sweet - their situation somehow reminds me of Araragi and Shinobu from Monogatari. I've never cried in any anime or novel but I swear Willem's fate and resilience drives me closer to the edge than I've ever experienced - Was he worthy of Seniolis at the end?!

The ending confuses me, can anyone explain to me what's going on with that parallelism?
May 3, 2017 1:34 PM
May 2015
Wow just finished reading volume 5...very emotional and satisfying conclusion to Wilem's story, although there are still a few loose ends which I assume will be touched on in the sequel.

GarloctMay 4, 2017 7:23 AM
May 3, 2017 4:08 PM
Mar 2015
Garloct said:
Wow just finished reading volume 5...very emotional and satisfying conclusion to Wilem's story, although there are still a few loose ends which I assume will be touched on in the sequel.

Hold on, hold on.

The translation makes no sense. It's like trying to read a Star Wars book (A living nightmare I tell you.)
May 3, 2017 6:26 PM

Oct 2016
Garloct said:

So from what I've read, the 10-y/o didn't recognize Willem, but rather it's the other "adult" nearby (Naigrat?) who did.

So if he's really Willem, then I suppose he had finally talked reason into the beast "crystal" or something, or separated it by some kind of magic? Because unless something along the lines of that happened, I don't see how they can revive him without the side-effects.
Germs_N_SpicesMay 3, 2017 6:35 PM
May 4, 2017 7:09 AM
May 2015
Justice_Rocks said:
Garloct said:

Hold on, hold on.

The translation makes no sense. It's like trying to read a Star Wars book (A living nightmare I tell you.)

This is just a rough translation with some descriptions and dialogue cut out to get the point across but the facts remain accurate. The original writing is purposely ambiguous but it is fairly obvious what is happening. Perhaps it would be more clear with some previous context where Naigrat (her name was actually written) was frantically searching for the young girl (whom she called Riel) as she went missing in the forest so it is clear that Naigrat is the one that they meet.

Germs_N_Spices said:
Garloct said:

So from what I've read, the 10-y/o didn't recognize Willem, but rather it's the other "adult" nearby (Naigrat?) who did.

So if he's really Willem, then I suppose he had finally talked reason into the beast "crystal" or something, or separated it by some kind of magic? Because unless something along the lines of that happened, I don't see how they can revive him without the side-effects.

Regarding Wilhem, it is not fully explained how he came back. However, it seems his human conciousness is separated from the beast and that they are two separate entities inside him. This enables him to have a conversation with Niels. Wilem believes there is still hope left in the 'world that has reached the end' and he chooses to stay with the beast 'crystal' instead of going with Niels proposition. He tries speaking with the 'crystal' as if they're old friends and an understanding of what the beasts are and what they want. Finally, he decides to give the beast a name - I think this may have some relation to Almaria as the first beast as there was a line that described how they (Wilhem and the beast) have been together for a very long time. Wilhem also reminisces about the people who supported him in the past before he says to Niel that "I want to stay by its side". This is just speculation, but perhaps they did manage to communicate successfully in the end.
GarloctMay 4, 2017 7:20 AM
May 4, 2017 8:16 AM

Oct 2016
Garloct said:

Regarding Wilhem, it is not fully explained how he came back. However, it seems his human conciousness is separated from the beast and that they are two separate entities inside him. This enables him to have a conversation with Niels. Wilem believes there is still hope left in the 'world that has reached the end' and he chooses to stay with the beast 'crystal' instead of going with Niels proposition. He tries speaking with the 'crystal' as if they're old friends and an understanding of what the beasts are and what they want. Finally, he decides to give the beast a name - I think this may have some relation to Almaria as the first beast as there was a line that described how they (Wilhem and the beast) have been together for a very long time. Wilhem also reminisces about the people who supported him in the past before he says to Niel that "I want to stay by its side". This is just speculation, but perhaps they did manage to communicate successfully in the end.

BTW does anyone know what timeline SukaMoka comes in?
May 4, 2017 9:54 AM

Feb 2011
Germs_N_Spices said:
Garloct said:

BTW does anyone know what timeline SukaMoka comes in?

I think after willems ,,death", but before the reunion willems and Kotori.
In Sukamoka is a blue haired Loli and she is not ten years old.
May 9, 2017 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly this could just be me skipping ahead, however, the LN felt rather rushed and little context behind new terms such as "Visitor" were used.

Don't get me wrong, compared to other Light Novels it's terrific with copious writing though it suffered heavily from writers block, especially at the end the "Monster" was just a plot device used to reset time albeit with alterations.

I'd give it a 7/10 in terms of Light Novels, if I were to rate it against Western Fiction I'd probably give it a 4/10 at best.
Jun 3, 2017 2:58 PM

Aug 2013
lol 'western fiction'
Jun 17, 2017 5:39 AM
Sep 2016
After what I have heard, SukaMoka is about the other girls and does not continue the story of the first 5 volumes. Does this mean Chapter 5 is the ending or has someone heard something else?
Jun 28, 2017 6:38 AM
Nov 2016
How many chapter in SukaSuka Vol. 5? Is it really just 3 chapter?

And does SukaSuka EX have any eng translation yet?
KekaishiRyuJun 28, 2017 6:43 AM
Jun 28, 2017 8:05 AM
Jun 2014
KekaishiRyu said:

The translator who is doing sukasuka, doesn't have plans for EX and will take a break after finishing vol 5. The translator might do Sukamoka afterwords.
Jun 28, 2017 8:12 AM
Nov 2016
iRAWRasaurus said:
KekaishiRyu said:

The translator who is doing sukasuka, doesn't have plans for EX and will take a break after finishing vol 5. The translator might do Sukamoka afterwords.

So that means there's still more chapter huh....

OK Thanks
Jul 7, 2017 1:37 AM

Nov 2009
KekaishiRyu said:

Most likely, it's the same structure as in the other novels of the series. With 5 chapters per book, and 1st and 5th chapters being short.
Jul 11, 2017 11:12 PM
Mar 2015
iRAWRasaurus said:
KekaishiRyu said:

Hold on, what is EX again? Is that continuing the story after Vol 5? or is that in the middle?

Also, were the hell is a timeline for all this?! I dont understand.
Jul 13, 2017 12:55 PM
Jun 2017
Justice_Rocks said:
iRAWRasaurus said:

Hold on, what is EX again? Is that continuing the story after Vol 5? or is that in the middle?

Also, were the hell is a timeline for all this?! I dont understand.

Sep 26, 2017 12:08 AM

Dec 2015
so in the end willem still alive ?
and sry if this is stupid question but i need to ask, how the other races were created? like troll , lizardmen , goblin ? are they made the same way like the emnetwiht?
Oct 13, 2017 10:48 AM
Jul 2017
Exeterna said:
so in the end willem still alive ?
and sry if this is stupid question but i need to ask, how the other races were created? like troll , lizardmen , goblin ? are they made the same way like the emnetwiht?

Oct 19, 2017 1:32 AM

Aug 2016
Finally finished with this LN. Ending felt a bit rushed especially since it'll need the SukaMoka plot for more clarifications.

World building was a bit eh and Willem's harem of lolis is still funny.

7/10

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Nov 30, 2017 8:46 PM
Jul 2009
Neonoia said:
Finally finished with this LN. Ending felt a bit rushed especially since it'll need the SukaMoka plot for more clarifications.

World building was a bit eh and Willem's harem of lolis is still funny.

7/10

I agree with you! Although I liked the series as a whole, its ending definitely felt rushed or forced. In fact the ending felt kind of like a fever dream, where it jumped from perspective to perspective, until *BAM* Willem came back to life. I suppose we are to infer how such an event occurred, but that definitely felt like a deus ex machina moment; I mean atleast include some explanation!

Also as a side note, I never expected that volume 3 would be the actual last time we ever see or hear from Kutori ever again. I expected her to at least have some kind of appearance in this volume, beside the one sentence that came from her(?) in the end.

Overall, I enjoyed the series, but the ending could have been better imo; I rate it a 7.5/10.
Dec 30, 2020 5:34 PM

Apr 2020
I'm happy Willem was able to come back in the end. I'm just wondering how. I'm also glad the faeries made it but I'm curious about what happened to Nephren. I'm assuming she's stuck on Island 2 since Carmine Lake needs to stay with Elq.

I did enjoy the parallel where Willem meets Ctholly's reincarnation and Nygglatho welcomes him home.

Also, is Kaya who is on Island 2 supposed to be Kaya the Brave from Willem's past? Did she somehow survive the 500 years?

I'm looking forward to reading SukaMoka. Since SukaSuka Ex came out this year, I believe SukaMoka will get its official English translation in the next year or so.
Feb 11, 2022 10:52 AM

Nov 2020
Damn so I guess SukaMoka is mandatory reading now, since Willem is apparently alive. Really good read though

More topics from this board

» Ending (didn't read the novel)

removed-user - Jul 25, 2021

2 by Rafaelwokeuplike »»
Nov 4, 2023 8:21 PM

» Manga/Light novel read HELP

Reef7 - Nov 8, 2021

2 by -Mention- »»
Nov 8, 2021 6:16 AM

» When to read Ex?

RiceKnight59 - Dec 3, 2020

2 by Randifernando »»
Apr 18, 2021 10:54 PM

» Official vs Fan translations; Which one's better?

stickyfingersx - Sep 7, 2019

1 by DhoX »»
Apr 2, 2021 6:11 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Volume 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2016

14 by Zefyris »»
Jan 2, 2021 6:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.