Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Is Tanya Evil?
Apr 16, 2017 2:22 PM

Sep 2013
Saga of Tanya the Evil but she doesn't do anything evil, just bombs and kills according to military law.
It's like saying Hitler was evil.

Apr 17, 2017 3:43 AM

Apr 2013
She's amoral. So it's grey territory rather than black. Enemies see her as black though, but that should be obvious.

For those who wants a real evil loli MC, they should read shinigami wo tabeta shoujo.

Apr 17, 2017 1:21 PM

Sep 2008
Some of her allies see her as pretty Black as well tbf.
Apr 17, 2017 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
more like Saga of Tanya the Salty , an anime where everyone is so fking salty

Being X, the most salty being in the universe , is pinning everyone against each other just to force them to pray to him.

Tanya blames being x for her death in previous life even tho it was her fault for standing at the edge of the train station just after she pissed a guy off.
However when she talked about how humans can be irrational , it proved that she sort of admitted her mistake of not expecting irrational human behavior in her previous life.

But still being X is a salty bastard. That girl at the end talked about how she will join the army and kill the enemy of god that killed her father. Ironically that god is the cause of her suffering and he gave her the power to do his dirty work, while she believes that she god the power cuz she is on the "good" side.
Pazuzu95Apr 17, 2017 6:48 PM
Apr 17, 2017 6:46 PM

Jan 2015
Blasphemy is not evil? xD
Apr 17, 2017 6:53 PM

Sep 2009
Anime are bad at anything English related, that's why.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 18, 2017 3:14 AM

Apr 2013

juicykitten95 said:

Being X, the most salty being in the universe , is pinning everyone against each other just to force them to pray to him..

That's anime only btw.

juicykitten95 said:
Tanya blames being x for her death in previous life even tho it was her fault for standing at the edge of the train station just after she pissed a guy off.

She never said that, even in the anime.
Apr 18, 2017 4:17 AM

Jan 2013
Zefyris said:

juicykitten95 said:

what was she mad about then ? she did say something along the lines off "how could you let this happen" as if it was being x's fault that she was not careful enough
Apr 18, 2017 5:55 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
juicykitten95 said:
Zefyris said:

what was she mad about then ? she did say something along the lines off "how could you let this happen" as if it was being x's fault that she was not careful enough

She blames human nature for her previous death, and the jealously that can happen with humans - she just feels that Being X is out of touch with reality and doesn't understand that humans have evolved - and also that he's taunting her
Apr 18, 2017 8:14 AM

Feb 2009
Zefyris said:

juicykitten95 said:

Being X, the most salty being in the universe , is pinning everyone against each other just to force them to pray to him..

That's anime only btw.

Can you elaborate on what is anime only? In the LN, Being X isn't interfering with the war?
Apr 18, 2017 8:28 AM

Apr 2013
EinTheVariance said:
Zefyris said:

That's anime only btw.

Can you elaborate on what is anime only? In the LN, Being X isn't interfering with the war?
He isn't, indeed. In the LN, the only time being X met Tanya was when tanya died. Being X didn't come to him, either (no time stop), it's tanya who went to Being X like any dead human's soul would right after death, and the whole conversation happened there. After Being X decides to reincarnate him into that other world to give him a last chance of finding faith, he never acts again himself.

The whole petty side of Being X who keeps interfering to put Tanya in desperate situation is anime only. In the novel, Being X himself has no special interest towards Tanya.
Apr 18, 2017 9:46 AM

Feb 2009
Zefyris said:
EinTheVariance said:

He isn't, indeed. In the LN, the only time being X met Tanya was when tanya died. Being X didn't come to him, either (no time stop), it's tanya who went to Being X like any dead human's soul would right after death, and the whole conversation happened there. After Being X decides to reincarnate him into that other world to give him a last chance of finding faith, he never acts again himself.

The whole petty side of Being X who keeps interfering to put Tanya in desperate situation is anime only. In the novel, Being X himself has no special interest towards Tanya.
huh, that's interesting. I was wondering why the anime kinda veered off from Tanya vs X to a more standard war anime, but I guess X was never important in the first place. There's a lot of implications there too if X never interfered (the jewels, being recruited into the special group, the prayer chant, etc). I guess I'll have to read the source myself.
Apr 25, 2017 4:13 PM

Dec 2015
She's not evil, but I wouldn't call her good either. The title is just a fuck-up from the English translators.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 4, 2019 9:13 AM

Jun 2013
Of course she's evil, she has learned to hide it, but she looks like the anti-christ. I can't stand her and the Empire. They only became so big by defeating and integrating smaller countries.
Jun 9, 2019 6:51 AM

Apr 2018
It should be Tanya the savage
Sep 13, 2019 1:17 PM

Sep 2014
I would personally call her lawful neutral she's not actively trying to kill anyone who's not a member of a opposing country's military/Militia otherwise she behaves & acts like a normal law abiding citizen. She just happens to always win because of a combo of her skill,knowledge & abilities/powers she got from being x. Now the strategies she employs & suggests to her superior officers to employ tend to be under the category of morally questionable as you have on 1 hand if you give a warning about whats going to happen & that don't take it serious that's their own fault & on another hand that if you follow through with what you said you'd be doing & kill untrained civilians its questionable whether or not you could say if its just a neutral act as in neither good or evil as they willing stayed in a designated combat area & who are just in my opinion in the case of the 1s shown in this series sore losers using violence instead of words to complain about how they lost & they don't like it so they're calling the current winners evil.
DeamonLordZackSep 13, 2019 1:22 PM
Jun 19, 2023 4:41 AM

Apr 2020
ichii_1 said:
oh, found the Nazi..
I don't know how signatures work

Jul 29, 2023 10:48 PM

Oct 2016
EstebanOD said:
ichii_1 said:
oh, found the Nazi..
Yeah. I'm shocked no one has said anything about this besides you. Hitler was evil. No idea what the fuck this commenter is on.
N3rdieBirdieJul 29, 2023 11:20 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.