Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 19, 2017 1:45 AM

Feb 2012
The title was really off-putting at first as it reminded me of another similar low quality show. After seeing this was from A-1 and a random .gif online, I decided to check out.

I was pleasantly surprised. Gonna keep this in my watch.
Apr 19, 2017 6:46 AM

Sep 2013
Am I the only one that thinks that the sister is a bitch?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Apr 19, 2017 8:45 PM
Mar 2012
Didnt watch oreimo, story straightforward, 'family' idea might go somewhere.
Masamune returns! Cant stop laughing from there, then he flirts with Chitanda lol.
Art quite nice & funny. If loli's tsun violence tones down might be watchable.
Apr 20, 2017 11:46 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
spuukiebuugi said:
For all my misgivings, at least Sagiri is less of a cunt than Kirino, by a longshot.
Hopefully she'll stay that way.

Sagiri will stay to be a complete different character then Kirino. But she is very shy and she cannot handle her own emotions very well. She is a deredere typ of character, but with a little dishonestly and shy personality.
Apr 20, 2017 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
Cyanwasserstoff said:
spuukiebuugi said:
For all my misgivings, at least Sagiri is less of a cunt than Kirino, by a longshot.
Hopefully she'll stay that way.

Sagiri will stay to be a complete different character then Kirino. But she is very shy and she cannot handle her own emotions very well. She is a deredere typ of character, but with a little dishonestly and shy personality.

Yeah, I just got into reading the manga and she seems different thus far by quite a stretch. She's actually nicer, contrary to Kirino, not prone to as much bitchiness or physical asshattery, and is in general not what I'd consider "the worst tsundere to grace fiction".
Apr 20, 2017 12:02 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
spuukiebuugi said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

Yeah, I just got into reading the manga and she seems different thus far by quite a stretch. She's actually nicer, contrary to Kirino, not prone to as much bitchiness or physical asshattery, and is in general not what I'd consider "the worst tsundere to grace fiction".

Yeah, especially because Sagiri is not a Tsundere at all :P A little dishonest towards her own feelings, but that´s all.

Just a fun fact at this point: Kirino Kousaka is one of my all time favorite characters, but I respect your opinion at this point.
Apr 20, 2017 12:52 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
...and the draw what make online was great, i think that have talent, just has talen!!!1
Apr 22, 2017 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
Well, I expected a little different, but this title really deserves at least seven, because Sagiri is really a cute little sister, it's true. That's just why the main character again turned out without any personality?

Apr 24, 2017 3:48 AM

May 2016
This could turn out to be a good anime.
Apr 24, 2017 12:10 PM

May 2016
Titadou said:
I love the charadesign <3

But I hate those MC, like with Humaru-chan.
Seriously the dude is a slave for his sister, just don't prepare the food or tell her to go in the kitchen and she will leave her room the same day, so you will see "her face".
Seriously I just can't stand those morons.

Like with Ore no Imouto, that's so beautiful etc. but damn those characters who need a slap in their stupids faces ruin everything.

Took the words out of my mouth, the sister just pissed me off for being such an inconsiderate little brat towards her brother who has been taking care of her. Ungrateful wench!!
Apr 25, 2017 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Half an episode in and it's already obvious that the brother is desperate for some little sister pussy and the little sister is somehow a magician who can be a shut in for a year and hide all her psychological issues, piss jars and garbage bags on the spot with ease. This is some amazing glorification of a shut in sibling.

Lemme guess, suddenly all her psychological issues return for a grand total of 10 minutes only to become 'fixed' with a little prep talk from the brother.

LEGGO! BEST ANIME 2K17! God anime really is getting more disturbingly shit with every new season
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Apr 25, 2017 4:40 PM

Oct 2013
Ok, My first impressions is that this anime is pretty amazing.
The graphics, art and idea got everything to success! I'm like WOW here.
May 1, 2017 10:06 PM

Jun 2013
This author has a serious problem, lol. Oh well, it's entertaining for the rest of us.
May 2, 2017 7:00 AM

Jul 2012
Sagiri might be the perfect balance of tsun and dere. She's adorable 😊
May 4, 2017 8:18 PM

Jun 2010
-----[ AOTS ]-----
May 7, 2017 3:21 PM

May 2010
So this is basically OreImo only with improved sister? SOLD

I've been awaiting this adaptation ever since OreImo's author announced his new LN, so what, like 3,5 years? Hopefully in this series I will actually like the main heroine best, because I'm still heartbroken when I think about OreImo, sniff ;_;
Sagiri's age might make things a liiiittle bit difficult though, lolz.
May 8, 2017 4:47 AM
Feb 2017
Hmmm.... I'm honestly very muxed on this so far. I'm interested in where this goes, I just hope we don;t have another Kiss X Sis on our hand... ugh...
I honestly don't know anymore.
May 13, 2017 11:57 PM

Jan 2017
Saffron_entity said:
Half an episode in and it's already obvious that the brother is desperate for some little sister pussy and the little sister is somehow a magician who can be a shut in for a year and hide all her psychological issues, piss jars and garbage bags on the spot with ease. This is some amazing glorification of a shut in sibling.

Lemme guess, suddenly all her psychological issues return for a grand total of 10 minutes only to become 'fixed' with a little prep talk from the brother.

Also according to the Eromanga Wiki, both parents died from unknown causes so the house belongs to Masamune, the brother, even though he is only a highschool freshman. I don't know how house ownership works in Japan, but I doubt a highschool student could become the owner.

Explanations could be more logical, ya know?

Edit: Ep 2 kinda explains who is the house owner; not the brother.

LineraxMay 14, 2017 2:05 AM
May 14, 2017 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
This anime is awesome, I love it :)
May 15, 2017 2:33 PM
May 2016
Im praying for the 'Onii-Sama' instead of the Nii-San :c MIYUKI #1 IMOUTO
May 29, 2017 3:03 AM

Apr 2017
i already hate this main guy
Big breast are full of dreams, but small breast are full of hope.
Jun 3, 2017 8:04 AM
Jun 2017
Have been seein the pv, nice drama😂😂
Need to download when the anime has on full episode
The opening soundtrack from ClariS is so good, make me headbang😅😅
Jun 4, 2017 11:18 PM
Oct 2016
nah i really think this anime is going places. i'm starting it a bit late but damn if the animation isn't clean af and the characters are cute and memorable.
Jun 5, 2017 1:16 PM

Feb 2015
That was pretty generic. Like, totally run-of-the-mill stuff. Too much like OreImo. They'll have to make the characters more interesting or just get the plot going well. Or make it actually funny. But from what I've heard, I'm in for a cheap and generic ride.
Jun 25, 2017 12:28 PM

Sep 2011
Wow that was amazing!

She is the cutest thing ever!
Jun 26, 2017 5:57 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely start of this series I must say! Really lovely pacing and atmosphere. Also liking the general concept of the series, let's see what this anime has to offer for a story though.
Aug 28, 2017 6:10 PM

Jul 2014
Hoppin on the trainwreck of the season!

Who can say no to that face?!?!?
Oct 6, 2017 4:07 PM
Jan 2017
1 word...

I'd smash tho
Nov 6, 2017 3:53 PM
Jul 2017
Tokoya said:
Lelouch0202 said:
That was seriously awesome. It was way better than what I expected, probably the best new series start of this Spring. Maybe with the exception of Sakura Quest?

The premise is simple and not exactly super unique but the execution was great, I loved it.
Izumi and Sagiri are really likable. Love Sagiri's design as well and also damn, that's some amazing art. xD

I loved it when they finally started talking in Sagiri's room , it was really sweet to see them rekindle their relationship as family and the conversation they had about what got them into their workline was really nice. It's clear that Sagiri seems to associate a much deeper meaning to family and that she doesn't want to accept it yet but I'm sure she'll come around. :3

You know what the best part in all this is? They didn't drag out the secrecy in their aliases. They realized who they each were so early and that'll make room for so much more possible development.
Ikr? I was expecting this to suck but man was this entertaining, and I'm very impressed with Izumi and also Sagiri is just way too adorable

But the main thing here for me is that THANK GOD THEY AREN'T BLOOD RELATED, so if this incest loving author decides to pull an Oreimo again, I wouldn't mind it (Even though I would rather that not happen)

But yeah, you said it all Twin-brother-san.....Really good start overall

Glad the main characters are stepsiblings, no blood relation whatsoever. So clearly, that's not incest. But they're all underage and these girls are being hentai, etchi, and erotic. Mainly Sagiri and Elf Yamada.
Nov 8, 2017 10:48 AM

Jun 2011
Too dang cute! No clue why this is rated so low.. based on the top review I guess it's the typical MAL hate, glad I don't follow the community much anymore and just enjoy what I like to watch.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 17, 2017 6:25 PM

Sep 2013
Entertaining enough. How far are they going to go with the whole bro/sis love angle I wonder?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 8, 2018 9:15 AM

Apr 2015
This is literally just Oreimo with no parents. When Masamune got into the room, if this were hentai, he would've tackled Sagiri and <redacted> her <redacted>.

The camera sure thinks it's in a hentai, though.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 20, 2018 4:19 AM

Jul 2016
Sagiri took a picture of her ass to use as a reference. Nice.
Aug 20, 2018 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
So she is in love with her step brother from the first sight. She was afraid of being alone with him after their parents died. She draws herself half nude in manga and she had a hunch that the novelist is her brother, so maybe she wanted to check if that one girl she draws as herself will be liked by her brother. She was then very angry when he killed that character in manga; because for her it was like he didn't like her at all. She is a hikikomori?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 5, 2018 6:51 PM
May 2017
First episode was really fun. I hope the series continues like this.
Aug 17, 2019 11:36 AM

Dec 2012
I've seen clips of this on YT and have been long aware of its notoriety. One thing's for sure, I've read enough doujin of this to fill up an entire season ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Oct 20, 2019 11:20 AM

May 2017
Well usualy mother missing and father dead or the other way, but in this one look like they killed both of them !

Cute friend coming , must be an other hentai xb
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Mar 18, 2020 12:13 PM

May 2013
I like this C:

Sagiri was so cute until the end >.<"
pls don't let be a bratty kid D; can't stand those types .-.
May 22, 2020 1:06 PM

Jul 2019
I can already see where this is going. The little sister is obviously going to start liking him first but the mc seems like the one who doesn't have the braincells to read situations and know the limits of the relationship. I'd love to be proven wrong.
Mar 4, 2021 12:22 AM

Jan 2010
Immediately, this anime frustrates me, but I can't quite explain why.

I feel like I've seen similar scenarios in Denpa Onna and Chuunibyou where you have a quirky, socially awkward, and dysfunctional girl who just happens to also be cute. In these cases, main gimmick of the show, both in terms of comedy and drama, stems from the main girls' issues, yet the goal of the main character is to resolve the girls' issues. These kinds of scenarios feel counterintuitive, as it sets a clear end goal for the series, while also necessitating some way to prolong the girls' issues in order to keep the series going.

With regards to Eromanga Sensei, the main characters are half-siblings and the series writer is of Oreimo fame, so I can already see how this will most likely end. That aside though, the most fascinating thing about Eromanga Sensei is the story and presentation themselves. This is an anime that could only have been made in mid-2010s, requiring concepts of online streaming, light novel popularity, established light novel clichés, meta writing, and the idea of indie artists/writers going professional through online work. It's an anime that exists specifically in the mid-2010s, and outside of its context, it probably won't make much sense to the next generation of anime fans twenty years later.

The series knows its target audience, and it doesn't seem to mind catering specifically for that specific demographic. In some ways, I appreciate that brash, frank, and unabashed manner of writing. Yet, at the same time, this show feels like something I'd never enjoy, if just for its tongue-in-cheek tone. It's as if the show is just going through the motions of fan service teasing without really doing anything else. I feel like there could be an interesting story found in a brother/sister writer/artist combination, which also deals with their family and personal issues. Then again, if this is Oreimo writing, I'm assuming there will be new girls introduced, creating a frustrating romance polygon that stagnates up until its ending, which would anger the collective fanbase.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much. Yeah, that's also a possibility.
Apr 14, 2021 10:22 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, the art in this anime is class S! So much eye candy! So far all the girls that was shown was really cute. hehe

Sagiri is so adorable and kind of a bitch too. If I was her big bro, I’ll make sure to discipline her hehe
MizuhoKamuiApr 14, 2021 10:52 PM
May 9, 2021 12:12 PM
Apr 2021
Sagiri: Nice to meet you, Big Brother.
Aww that's so cute (◍•ᴗ•◍)
Jun 6, 2021 1:43 AM

Jan 2017
Masamune's a good big bro, quite surprising (was expecting a debauchery of a brother or something lol)

Jun 17, 2021 2:04 PM

Jun 2019
Sagiri is adorable. Let's see how this goes. Pretty self-explanatory plot.
Oct 29, 2021 8:15 AM

Jul 2017
LBeen saving this one for when I need my degeneracy fix. Now is that time. I have high expectations lol

Nov 1, 2021 2:43 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I don’t see any problem, maybe the camera angles are there but otherwise, this seems pretty wholesome actually! I spoke too soon didn’t I.

Ok I’m lying lol. This has been on my radar forever since I saw gigguk’s “eromanga sensei is a modern masterpiece” video and I was like, holy shit what is this… MASTETPIECE, I need to watch it NOW!! But it’s been sitting in my plan to watch for a while now, other anime I wanted to watch first and all that. But I’ve finally find the time and mood to watch this, and dang it feels like a good time is just ahead.

I’m just anticipating a wild ride of anime worthy of the entire FBI breaking into my house.

Edit: forgot to mention the best part, which nearly made me laugh out loud. “Touch me there??!!!”

“SIT THERE!!”

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 11, 2022 10:58 AM
Jun 2020
wtf pedo alabama stuff
Jan 15, 2023 7:45 AM

Sep 2017
one of the best episode beginning. i like that they explicitly mention sagiri is not blood related, so that they can put those incest haters to rest.

also sagiri is so cute as tsundere. and good that she inspired him, possibly long before they met.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 18, 2023 3:32 AM
May 2019
Yuuki_bb said:
good episode.
I had waited for 6 months since October to see this.

I waited until February 2022 to see it and am now an Eromanga fanatic.
Mar 23, 2023 7:24 AM

Aug 2019
what an annoying start. so far the sister is just annoying and makes no sense
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

168 by NiromR »»
May 8, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

331 by Pinata_ »»
Apr 28, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

165 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 27, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.