Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2017 1:34 PM
Nov 2016
Angel Beats! is actually a pretty great show. I really liked it so much. But to be honest, I refuse to believe that Yuzuru Otonashi is the main protagonist, even if he appeared first. He can be called one of the main characters but cannot be called the main protagonist. Main protagonists can sometimes appear second, and supporting characters can sometimes appear first. I believe that Yuri Nakamura is the true main protagonist because of how she acts on her own and always stays on the front. Besides, she's the one that defeated the final boss. And the anime cover shows that Yuri Nakamura is at the front, Kanade Tachibana is at the middle, and Yuzuru Otonashi is at the back. And during every ending PV (except Episode 10 and 13), Yuri always showed up first. I wish Yuri is the last one remaining instead of Otonashi. The characters that I wanna see obliterated in order are: (1)Ayato Naoi, (2)Hideki Hinata, (3)Kanade Tachibana, (4)Yuzuru Otonashi, and (5)Yuri Nakamura. After the first four obliterated, I wanna see Yuri step outside at the school balcony and hear her say her final thoughts to herself and then get obliterated last.
nintenchris5963May 11, 2017 6:03 AM
Nov 26, 2019 3:53 AM

Sep 2019
nintenchris5963 said:
Angel Beats! is actually a pretty great show. I really liked it so much. But to be honest, I refuse to believe that Yuzuru Otonashi is the main protagonist, even if he appeared first. He can be called one of the main characters but cannot be called the main protagonist. Main protagonists can sometimes appear second, and supporting characters can sometimes appear first. I believe that Yuri Nakamura is the true main protagonist because of how she acts on her own and always stays on the front. Besides, she's the one that defeated the final boss. And the anime cover shows that Yuri Nakamura is at the front, Kanade Tachibana is at the middle, and Yuzuru Otonashi is at the back. And during every ending PV (except Episode 10 and 13), Yuri always showed up first. I wish Yuri is the last one remaining instead of Otonashi. The characters that I wanna see obliterated in order are: (1)Ayato Naoi, (2)Hideki Hinata, (3)Kanade Tachibana, (4)Yuzuru Otonashi, and (5)Yuri Nakamura. After the first four obliterated, I wanna see Yuri step outside at the school balcony and hear her say her final thoughts to herself and then get obliterated last.
She was the captain or boss. She is one of the main protagonists but otonashi story was longer shown. 12 episodes were short for this series. Many other characters didn't even get their backstories told + we don't know how the boss/captain died either.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 20, 2020 1:33 PM

Feb 2019
You should search on Google.Otonashi is the protagonist
Feb 23, 2020 10:44 PM
Nov 2016
Sakuta34_12 said:
You should search on Google.Otonashi is the protagonist

Yes, I get that. But I wish Yuri is the major protagonist than Otonashi.
Feb 23, 2020 10:45 PM
Nov 2016
Peeti said:
nintenchris5963 said:
She was the captain or boss. She is one of the main protagonists but otonashi story was longer shown. 12 episodes were short for this series. Many other characters didn't even get their backstories told + we don't know how the boss/captain died either.

I wish Yuri's story would be focused, though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1754 by juleskwi »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.