Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 29, 2017 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, I love how Toru is being very maid-like in this episode in particular with her cooking. I mean, she wants to impress Kobayashi with her talent so..

As expected, she has those delusions about herself and Kobayashi.

Also very interesting to see Kobayashi and Toru meeting from the beginning of the story in more details. I find it quite amusing to see how out of character Kobayashi is when drunk. The story of Kobayashi's former self was interesting to see too.
Stark700Mar 29, 2017 9:01 AM
Mar 29, 2017 8:40 AM

Jan 2012
Ah ha, so this week really was an emotional note with Kobayashi and Tohru's first meeting as I suspected. Plus Tohru's encounter with a bandit girl. This series can handle touching scenes just as well as the comedy, love it so much! XD Meanwhile Lucoa playing along with Setsubun. Deny it all you want Shouta, you were worried. XD And who could blame you? Even dressed modestly she's sexy as fuck! XD And best of all, we got another episode next week! I'll miss this when it's gone. :(
animefan8800Mar 29, 2017 8:46 AM
Mar 29, 2017 9:11 AM

Apr 2010
So we got episode 13 next but i don't have any confirmation on how long this anime will be judging from the cliffhanger next week might be the last episode.
Anyway it was nice to see stories from the past.
Especially the meeting and off course the girl that wanted to be a maid.
Mar 29, 2017 9:20 AM

Jan 2015
Damn we've got to see both Tohru's and Kobayashi's past.

It was a very cute episode. Loved it
Mar 29, 2017 9:22 AM
Jun 2015
Aversa said:
So we got episode 13 next but i don't have any confirmation on how long this anime will be judging from the cliffhanger next week might be the last episode.
Anyway it was nice to see stories from the past.
Especially the meeting and off course the girl that wanted to be a maid.

The episode title in the preview ACTUALLY said that it was the last episode.
Mar 29, 2017 9:23 AM

Mar 2013
What a great episode especially the part about kobayashi meeting tohru. How dare they cover up lucoa. Tohru had an interesting past I hope they touch a little more on that later on. Everyone was so caring of one another this episode why all the emotions not that I don't mind feeling every now and then. Sadly the last dragon girl isn't really used well since she first appeared so much so I started to forget her name.
Mar 29, 2017 9:27 AM

Jan 2010
Okay that bandit girl was really cute *^*
her take on autonomy was pretty interesting.
And drunk Kobayashi is something I feel like we haven't had enough of.

Anyways, next episode is the final one.
Looks like it will be drama-packed but prob. end up super heart-warming as usual.

She got her happy ending ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )­­­
cottonpieMar 29, 2017 9:30 AM
Mar 29, 2017 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
I thought this was the last episode of the Series, so I was pretty content with how everything went in this episode. They showed each character and how they live in the World so I figured "Alright this is a good ending" Then they had the Maid backstory which showed why Tohru had some more interest in being a maid as well, that was cool.

Once they showed that Dragon eye (Which is probably Tohru's father) I thought "OH MAN SEASON 2!"
but Alas it seems episode 13 will be the last T_T

Guess I better prepare myself.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 29, 2017 9:29 AM

Nov 2016
Getting the story of Tohru & Kobayashi's first meeting was wonderful. Seeing Tohru's human form (without her maid outfit & tight twin-tail hair) stunned me; she really is a beautiful girl.

And, since when does the preview of the next episode make me cry? We've been expecting this ...

I, also, will miss this show when it's done. Thankfully, it's popular enough that it's sure to be released on disc in NorthAmerica.

p.s.: I find that I'm liking Lucoa more with each episode. She's genuinely nice, and big-sisterly toward her friends. A guiding hand with a light touch.
Almost older than dirt
Mar 29, 2017 9:30 AM

Jul 2014
Decent episode, but at this point I'm much more interested in seeing what's going to happen in next week's episode, which I presume will be the final one.
Mar 29, 2017 9:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Another decent episode but Kobayashi-san seems to have lost its charm for me. Demi-chan was much better in that regard.

The best scene was drunk Kobayashi and Tohru.

Last episode looks hype.
Mar 29, 2017 9:43 AM

Jan 2015
Some story about the Past...
I really hope that Tohru will meet with "him" from the previous episode where Kobayasahi asking about whether Tohru visiting her family or not in this episode. But I guess it will have to wait until next week.
MasceraMar 29, 2017 9:51 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 29, 2017 10:05 AM

Sep 2015
We got more detail story how they meet

Dam it whole episode smell of next week are last and they really are
Into the Internet!
Mar 29, 2017 10:08 AM

May 2014
I'm glad that there's going to be a 13th episode.
Mar 29, 2017 10:08 AM

May 2016
Finally getting to see Kobayashi and Tohru meet for the first time may just be my favourite moment of the whole series so far.
Mar 29, 2017 10:14 AM

Mar 2017
Good episode. It started pretty slowly at first, but I liked that we have finally seen Kobayashis and Tohrus first meeting. There was less Kanna cuteness which is kinda sad though. I liked Lucoa in this episode.
I´m sad that it will finish with next episode. I hope that there will be second season.
Mar 29, 2017 10:17 AM

Apr 2016
Damn Smaug is coming next week...

Mar 29, 2017 10:40 AM

Aug 2016
Ericonator said:
I'm glad that there's going to be a 13th episode.
Still sad though it will be the last episode. :(
Mascera said:
Some story about the Past...
I really hope that Tohru will meet with "him" from the previous episode where Kobayasahi asking about whether Tohru visiting her family or not in this episode. But I guess it will have to wait until next week.
I see. ;)
Mar 29, 2017 11:05 AM

Mar 2013
Kobayashi san Chi no Maid Dragon and Rakugo (2 season) were the best animes of winter 2017 IMO.
I'm so sad that it's going to end.
_junoMar 29, 2017 11:09 AM
Mar 29, 2017 11:08 AM

Nov 2011
For a minute I thought this was the last episode but it seems we'll get one more
This episode was cute and it was nice their first encounter.
I'm very curious to see the last episode, I suppose that was Tohru's father...
Baby, daijobanai...
Mar 29, 2017 11:15 AM

Jun 2016
That piano ost of the next episode's preview though, feels like it's a completely different genre of anime.. from SOL comedy to some sort of FEELS anime :(
Mar 29, 2017 11:17 AM

May 2014
Im happy that there is still another episode before it will end

Finally they show how Tohru and Kobayashi meet and Tohru's past with that bandit girl was very entertaining

This really a good episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2017 11:20 AM

Jul 2015
Swagernator said:
Damn Smaug is coming next week...

I thought the exact same.

I'm glad there is a 13th episode, i wouldn't mind it ending "unfinished" if we have a second season.
Mar 29, 2017 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
Drunk Kobayashi tooo OP

I need more of Bandit maid girl. My heart skipped a beat when I saw her in the present
Mar 29, 2017 11:40 AM

Jun 2015
It's nice to see more of how Kobayashi and Toru met from the beginning. Them being drunk was funny. Toru wanted to be a maid because of the girl she met way before meeting Kobayashi. This was a good episode.
Mar 29, 2017 11:50 AM

Nov 2013
I was sad after Kono Subarashii has ended and we haven't gotten an announcement for a s3, but seeing there will be another ep of this maid me cheer up.

Nice episode. Was good to see more of Tohno's personality and life over there in the other world and how they met.
Mar 29, 2017 11:51 AM

Feb 2014
A very drunk Kobayashi is a force to be reckoned with. She took out that massive sword from Tohru easily and got her to drink sake by the looks of it. Their drunken laughing fit was really amusing though. ^_^

The setsubun moment between Shouta and Lucoa was sweet. Deny it all he wants to, but Shouta was genuinely worried that Lucoa left him for good, but that would be very out of character of her to do.

I really enjoyed Tohru's backstory about her encounter with the cute bandit girl, who knew that despite Tohru's threats, she knew that she would be okay and thankfully, she was. It was interesting to hear her talk about what she wanted to do with her life and have the freedom to do what she wanted. In the end, her aim to become a maid did come true and she looked marvellous. =)

However, a storm is brewing for the final episode as there is an unexpected visitor coming through the same portal as all the other dragons did before. Could it be Tohru's father? Who knows, but look at the small preview at the end, I'm guessing that there'll be plenty of drama, but hopefully, it'll be followed by what this show does best and that is a heart-warming conclusion.

That would be my ideal final episode. =)
Mar 29, 2017 1:12 PM

Apr 2015
A great episode
too sad the series is about to end, yet it might be better ending the series when it's this good
Mar 29, 2017 1:41 PM
Oct 2013
Love this episode. The story behind both Kobayashi and Tohru are both amazing, but I love Drunk versions of both of them. Sadly, next week is the last. Hopefully next season gets made because this is an amazing series, especially the mange. I just hope we get to see "you know who" next season.
Mar 29, 2017 1:49 PM
Jul 2014
I suspect that the dragon appearing next episode will be Tohru's father. They've been setting him up as an obstacle for Kobayashi for a while, so I can't think who else it'd be (a generic dragon would be kinda disappointing).

Sad that the season is ending next episode though. Hope it gets an S2! (it's pretty popular, so it should, right? How much of the manga is still unadapted?)
Mar 29, 2017 1:52 PM

Apr 2012
Cool origins episode. Would really like KyoAni to do a fantasy anime but that will probably never happen.

horitsubastudent said:
I'm very curious to see the last episode, I suppose that was Tohru's father...
same
EratiKMar 29, 2017 2:00 PM
Mar 29, 2017 1:57 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
With the season ending, i thought it'd be the last one, glad that they can have one more episode during the first week of spring for the finale.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 29, 2017 1:58 PM

Jan 2016
How melancholic, Kobayashi and Tohru's first meeting and the reason why Tohru decided to be a maid :3

What a cliffhanger at the end, I can imagine who it is but... How will this season conclude?? Can't wait to watch for it :D
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 29, 2017 2:20 PM

Sep 2016
I thought this is final episode, is that human that toru met saikawa's sister????
new evil dragon, i guess season 2 in few years.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 29, 2017 2:41 PM

Oct 2010
uchimaki131 said:

The episode title in the preview ACTUALLY said that it was the last episode.

I will note that KyoAni has done similar things before where they'll air filler episodes (See K-On!!) after the "final" episode. Website says 7 volumes with 2 episodes each, so there's at least a bonus episode on the bluray/DVD. I'm really hoping they do what they did with K-On!! and air it.
Mar 29, 2017 2:47 PM

Sep 2016
A new chapter of the Manga came out the other day. If I counted correctly they haven't adapted 9 chapters (as of today). Not enough for season 2, but for a couple of OVA's.
Mar 29, 2017 3:32 PM
Feb 2017
Good Episode! She wants a lot!

The Final battle is on next wednesday D:

I don't care anymore
Working on the future things.

Mar 29, 2017 4:35 PM

Dec 2016
That was a lot of fun seeing how Kobayashi & Tohru met.

That was some effort to pull that sword out.

Gotta give Tohru a lot of effort points when it come to getting the ingredients and making the dinner.

That was a scary looking chaos hole, probably Tohru's family.

Both Tohru & the girl became maids.

If there is another season if would be great if they were able to meet up somehow and talk about it.
Mar 29, 2017 4:36 PM

Jan 2008
Looks like Tohru started playing some Dark Souls with Fafnir.

Really liked the story of how they met and Tohru's backstory. Honestly, all her reminiscent scenes have really nice vibes.
Mar 29, 2017 4:45 PM

May 2015
Oh, some flashbacks and past stories. Nice.

Looks like next episode will be the finale. Hoping for a decent one~

Mar 29, 2017 5:01 PM

Dec 2015
the thing i am looking forward to most is if they are going to give fafnir pink in his hair too

if he doesn't get it im drawing it immediately after because self indulgence
Mar 29, 2017 5:24 PM

Sep 2015
Awesome episode. We got to see how Miss Kobayashi and Tohru met each other for the first time. Also cool to see Tohru's past with the bandit girl(glad to see she became a maid and didnt die or anything). Gonna be depressed when this series ends next week with its last episode.
Mar 29, 2017 5:28 PM

Dec 2013
Excellent choice of chapters this time round to make up a full flashback episode.
Going by the manga, I was expecting the maid-girl from Tooru's story to be somewhat more of a nutcase than was portrayed here. The story was still great anyway though, and it was nice to see they showed her fate in the end as well.

Kobayashi's first meeting with Tooru was just as great, if not even better. They managed to capture the feeling of a faithless drunk oh so well.

Oh and now I'm craving for Omurice, just before work. Good job Tooru!

Next episode:
Enter the
lol. Can't wait.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 29, 2017 6:03 PM

Jul 2016
was nice to finally see the first confrontation between Kobayashi and Tohru. GOD I SHIP THEM SO BAD. final episode rolled up pretty quick and looks like it'll be a bit dark.

P.S I need a drunk Kobayashi in mah life
damn, the forums these days...
Mar 29, 2017 6:57 PM

Mar 2016
Omg thank you for 13 episode if it ended with that cliffhanger I would literally die.

Let's see who coming through the portal!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2017 8:05 PM

Sep 2013
Nice little backstory on Tohru on how she met Kobayashi and the first human she first liked.

Next week is the last episode and it looks like a big one. I don't read the manga so I have no idea what to expect. With this type of anime, I sorta see it going the way with Elma's first appearance...except a little more intense.

5/5- This episode was a great joy for me. You got to see some of Tohru's backstory and it was entertaining. That story with the bandit girl was nice and it was great to see her becoming what she wished to be...a maid!

Also, Kobayashi is the best drunk ever. I'd love to drink with someone like her sometime.
TehSnawnMar 29, 2017 8:12 PM

Mar 29, 2017 8:46 PM

Mar 2014
Very nice episode, we got good flashbacks and the last episode will appear a new dragon! (why always appear one when Tohru looks for ingredients in the other world? xD)

2nd season confirmation pls ;v;
Mar 29, 2017 10:54 PM

Nov 2016
Am I the only one who teared up a little at Kobayashi and Tohru's first meeting? The fact that both of them are all alone in the world, had no one to depend on, I just can't help but tear up seeing that scene. :'(

And next week is the last episode, man, time flies so fast. Can't believe my weekly dose of cuteness maid dragon and loli dragon will end this soon. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Mar 30, 2017 12:40 AM

Aug 2013
Last episode next week, welp rip my soul. I'm gonna miss this.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 30, 2017 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
I'll miss this show, I hope we get a 2nd season :c !!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

194 by DoodeDelydoo »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

245 by dspr »»
May 4, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

315 by _untitled »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

113 by _untitled »»
Apr 1, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.