Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2010 6:47 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The subs are out already. As for my impression..amazing! I think I will put the series on the plan to watch. How could I miss all this? Really like the concept of the war and guardians in it. Especially Saber and Archer. Shirou and Rin are nice together as a pair.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 17, 2010 9:50 AM

Aug 2009
Yea watch the whole series instead of the recap ones. One of my favorites animes.
Feb 17, 2010 10:51 AM

Oct 2009
SoFarGone said:
Yea watch the whole series instead of the recap ones. One of my favorites animes.
Yeah I will but now busy and I found some BD files of it problem is they are Xvid only so will try to get better versions of it.

Feb 17, 2010 10:54 AM

Jan 2008
Watching this without completing TV series first is completely pointless imo... Thora did TV in 720p.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Feb 17, 2010 10:57 AM

Oct 2009
kashim said:
Watching this without completing TV series first is completely pointless imo... Thora did TV in 720p.
Why would it be pointless since it's a condensation of the whole season like it says in the resume of this......it would better to have a whole view of it by seeing this first. It sure convinced me and did Thora do it in BD.....will check it.

Feb 17, 2010 11:14 AM

Oct 2009
So if I wanted to watch Fate/Stay Night I should watch this or the series?
Feb 17, 2010 11:19 AM

Oct 2009
TeenChibi said:
Personally this is a good introduction but I am thinking for more details TV series seems to hold more.....which I will start soon myself since I found some nice quality in BD format.

Feb 17, 2010 11:24 AM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
TeenChibi said:
Personally this is a good introduction but I am thinking for more details TV series seems to hold more.....which I will start soon myself since I found some nice quality in BD format.
Ok cool! So I shall watch this! Thanks!
Feb 17, 2010 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
TeenChibi said:
francismeunier said:
TeenChibi said:
Ok cool! So I shall watch this! Thanks!

No you should watch the TV series if you have time.
Feb 17, 2010 11:35 AM

Jan 2008
francismeunier said:
kashim said:
Why would it be pointless since it's a condensation of the whole season like it says in the resume of this......it would better to have a whole view of it by seeing this first. It sure convinced me and did Thora do it in BD.....will check it.

There's one obvious drawback: less tenson when watchin the 'full' version. Fate anime might not have the best plot but tension buildups were solid. Recap looked to me almost as if someone did it in windows movie maker.

Anyway, have fun watching tv series ;]

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Feb 17, 2010 1:50 PM

Nov 2007
The recap was a pretty nice job...It makes me consider dumping the old Fate folder and leave those two OVAs for future uses...Of course you miss out stuff I love,like more action in battles,buuuut...I can't decide,geez >.<
Feb 17, 2010 3:45 PM
Oct 2008
play the game > Anime, Movie, OVA
Feb 17, 2010 3:49 PM

Nov 2008
This just looks like it's edited from the blu-ray release and is still just a recap. Nothing special.
Feb 17, 2010 5:05 PM

Oct 2009
MeltyMoon said:
play the game > Anime, Movie, OVA
Rofl play the game? When I have still 50% to go in Final Fantasy and ove 80% in Star Ocean on PS2.

Feb 18, 2010 10:50 PM
Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
kashim said:

This is incredibly hard to follow without knowing all the points skipped in between. If you actually want to do the series justice, Read the Visual novel > Anime Series > Mango, but that's a different route > This.
Feb 18, 2010 11:41 PM

Oct 2009
Jarakai said:
francismeunier said:
kashim said:

This is incredibly hard to follow without knowing all the points skipped in between. If you actually want to do the series justice, Read the Visual novel > Anime Series > Mango, but that's a different route > This.
Ok put on my profile link to Novel + Mango. Anime series in progress to get because it's over 15GIG.

Feb 18, 2010 11:44 PM

Jan 2010
TeenChibi said:

Were I you, I would watch the series first.
Feb 25, 2010 4:28 AM

Dec 2007
It was... very fast-paced. Many of the character-building events were missed out, but the outline of the plot is there. The visual novel is still better in terms of the storytelling.
Feb 25, 2010 1:00 PM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Jarakai said:
francismeunier said:
kashim said:

Ok put on my profile link to Novel + Mango. Anime series in progress to get because it's over 15GIG.

Manga. Not Mango. It's a book not some type of fruit

I will admit that the visual novel is better than the series but the series itself is pretty good.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 26, 2010 9:11 PM

Dec 2008
Good episode, it's always good to remember such a fantastic anime, one of the best ever created IMO.

It felt rushed, I mean a lot.
AidanAK47 said:
I will admit that the visual novel is better than the series but the series itself is pretty good.
Agreed, one of the best (if not the best) visual novels I've played (talking about the game lol!)
Feb 27, 2010 4:45 AM

Nov 2008
Hmm, I agree with watching the whole tv series instead. These are good for re-watching, but you should watch the full tv series first.
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Feb 27, 2010 5:15 AM

May 2007
One of the best anime evar.
Dunno why it wont get a second season.

Feb 27, 2010 6:07 AM

Dec 2008
TAB said:
Yeah... I wish they made a Hollow - Ataraxia season and probably a Zero season. But who knows?

At least I know for certain that sometime the Heaven's Feel arc it's going to get an adaptation. I mean, they hide the part when...

This stuff isn't there for nothing, we've got a Unlimited BladeWorks movie adaptation, so the last arc should come out anytime (not soon) given the popularity of the anime.
vault2049Mar 1, 2010 1:50 PM
Feb 27, 2010 12:31 PM

May 2007
vault2049 said:
TAB said:
Yeah... I wish they made a Hollow - Ataraxia season and probably a Zero season. But how knows?

At least I know for certain that sometime the Heaven's Feel arc it's going to get an adaptation. I mean, they hide the part when...

This stuff isn't there for nothing, we've got a Unlimited BladeWorks movie adaptation, so the last arc should come out anytime (not soon) given the popularity of the anime.

Well, its been like 4 years since they aired the anime.
I think its about time for a sequel.

They have lots of material to air.
JUST DO IT!

Feb 28, 2010 3:37 AM

Mar 2008
Quite unwatchable without watching the TV series first, the plot was skipping all over the place.

Fate Stay is good, but not impressed by reproduction. AT least don't give us that kinda horrible graphics X_X
Mar 1, 2010 2:06 PM

Dec 2008
TAB said:
Well, its been like 4 years since they aired the anime.
I think its about time for a sequel.

They have lots of material to air.
JUST DO IT!
*sigh* If money wasn't an issue...
Mar 14, 2010 2:55 PM

Nov 2007
This definitely invoked a lot of good memories.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 1, 2010 12:48 PM

Jan 2009
Time for this now I suppose : > (Movie night ftw)
Rin~ <3

First part: Done, off to next part~
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 23, 2010 10:57 AM

Aug 2007
The lazyness in the art is horrible. It's way too unrefined. Tss... Well, this is fine for a recap and that's the only reason why I'm watching this. Also to get my Archer-fix, of course.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
May 1, 2010 9:38 AM
May 2010
huuaaaaa... i never knew there are OVAS for fate stay night!!!T___T
and i also haven't watch the movie as well!!!

is the movie subbed already?
i definitely want to watch the movies+ovas..

i don't know if this is theright place to ask or not since i am still freshly new in here, but:
does anyone know where i can get my hands on the movie??

thanks thanks thanks!
FSNsaberMay 2, 2010 2:34 AM
Jun 14, 2010 5:47 PM

May 2009
A great idea for the ones who're rewatching, and the opening was awesome =D I like the part where it shows Saber with all the army

Can't wait for
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Nov 21, 2010 5:29 PM

Jun 2009
Since I've dropped the series at episode 5 doesn't mean I dislike it, but I got tired of how it was presented. But this movie is just amazing, it wasn't rushed and was straight to the point

*I want to see them hug atleast lol, but the shaked hands was also cute
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 23, 2010 1:09 PM
Nov 2010
what does fate stay night HF mean? why do everyone say "now hf is the only one missing and it is completed." ? i don't understand
Mar 2, 2012 8:04 PM

Mar 2009
A great way to remember the series, but if you haven't seen the series I would stay away from this. It's basically just one big spoiler. It skips so much material, especially character development. You can't sense the tension between characters at all. But, if you've seen it, it's a great way to recap.

I need to get around to playing this game, I just know it's gonna take 4eva!

Urahara Out!!
Aug 31, 2016 10:02 AM

Feb 2013
Boring recap, nothing special.
May 25, 2023 8:34 AM

Dec 2007
pretty much summarizing than remaking the first part of the anime.
this part was slow paced anyway, so you can say this part fixed much of those issues while removing most of the character development except some of shirou and syber. but otherwise there's lots of cuts that if without the anime you would understand their background. mostly syber running out to the shrine. so this is more of summarize than remaking the anime. (as reproduction literally sound)

i loved though how they remastered most of the art. most of the scenes looked so much better.

the problem will start with part 2, where the pace in the anime really picked up and was much more eventful. i suppose they will cut much more.
(or even remake the caster battle, as in the opening you can see archer fighting her?)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night TV Reproduction Episode 2 Discussion

francismeunier - Feb 26, 2010

30 by User-Name »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:47 AM

» What do you think?

Julio-sama - Dec 30, 2009

23 by francisosorio243 »»
Nov 23, 2010 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.