Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2017 5:55 AM

Jan 2013
Entertaining duel at the end.
I got pretty bored with the final episodes closing in on Zarc but it wasn't that bad.
The start of the show was soso until we started to learn about different dimensions / universes / worlds, however they want to explain it.
Then again, always been a sucker for that kind of sci-fi, just a shame it didn't quite deliver on it as much as I wanted ... then again, it's an anime with "card duels"

It would've been a 8/10 but I feel like the potential was wasted the last 50 ish episodes ...

So ... 7/10
PrOxAntoMar 28, 2017 4:33 PM
Mar 28, 2017 6:52 AM

Aug 2014
Yuzu's last 5 minutes appearance looks rushed and forced as heck. And other so-called-relevant characters conveniently warped to the same place, at the same time, along with Yuzu? I laughed. Writers, please explain how that actually works.

Probably the worse Yu-Gi-Oh series so far. If you say Zexal is worse, it at least picked up its pace, and got better in later arcs. Arc-V on other hand, got worse arc after arc.
It started on the right track at first though, but then Synchro arc happened.
Actually, I think all of the problem started right when they thought adding Jack and Crow to the main cast is a good idea. It went downhill from there.
Hope you're happy ruining a series with a promising start, writers!

7/10. This is literally a wasted potential: the anime. There are lots of possibility they can make out of all of these characters and settings, yet they wasted it.. *sigh*
I still loved Shun vs Sora duel this series gave though, so giving this 7 is laughably high. Moving on.
Mar 28, 2017 10:33 AM

Jul 2016
Wait, are Yuuri and Serena have some kind of any relationship? As I remember, they are not as get along as the others (Yuuya and Yuzu, etc). So, are they just staring to each other awkwardly? Or are they actually get along real well, and we just didn't know it? Or maybe I just forgot it?
Mar 28, 2017 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
Ierakas said:
Wait, are Yuuri and Serena have some kind of any relationship? As I remember, they are not as get along as the others (Yuuya and Yuzu, etc). So, are they just staring to each other awkwardly? Or are they actually get along real well, and we just didn't know it? Or maybe I just forgot it?

There's nothing in the show implying they had any sort of relationship, except that the other 3 pairs had one so maybe, just maybe, Yuri and Serena had one too.
Mar 28, 2017 12:47 PM

Feb 2014
So its finally over after such a long journey.
It started crappy with all these goofy looking idiots especially fat boy with his "SHIVERRUUU" made me want to punch him. The best part of this series started and ended with Yuuya´s dark side after Zarc revival it became awfully rushed. One of the weakest point was the conflict in the series all being solved by "EGAO" and shit also the ending in this episode was dissappointing. I would´ve loved to see Yuuya and his father dueling and not Reijji who made this duel utterly boring. Everyone getting into pendulum world and the Yuuya/Yuzu counterparts NOT coming back is really sad since Yuto was my favourite character and Serena the hottest.

Alll in all 6/10 too much "EGAO", lets VRAINS aka Sonic Riders will be like 5DS which is IMO the best series so far.
Mar 28, 2017 5:02 PM

Jul 2016
ending was really a huge disappointment, 5D's ended in a way better note , I hope the next series play it's cards better
Mar 29, 2017 7:47 AM

Jul 2016
Ore-da said:
Ierakas said:

There's nothing in the show implying they had any sort of relationship, except that the other 3 pairs had one so maybe, just maybe, Yuri and Serena had one too.

So, it's either they are staring awkwardly to each other or they have a relationship and they just didn't show it, isn't it? But since I didn't know their relationship, it's kinda weird for me seeing that lol.
Mar 29, 2017 12:39 PM
Aug 2015
Haou-Judai said:
Sterben0022 said:

What exactly is bad about following the manga? It's based off a manga which is why it's considered an "adaptation." The filler being the only good arc is subjective. Majority of people like Battle City the most. Also XYZ and Fusion arc may have been garbage but Synchro was bad too. Very slow paced and too much padding with not enough screentime for the relevant characters. The only good arc was the Standard arc.

So you have 3/4 of the show was that bad and 1/4 that was good. That's worse than any other show and why I say it's the worst YGO show ever created.

Nothing wrong with the Synchro Arc,

Dm:

Duelist Kingdom: Good plot but shitty duels and rules. piece of crap...
First virtual wolrd and Dice: Too short.. Make me want too watch more DDM.. but they waste that ideal. Piece of crap...
Battle City: SoSo plot but shitty duels and rules. Another Piece of crap...
Virtual Wolrd: Finally they learn how can use normal and equip spell cards... plot is soso but the last duel agains noa is good. Only problem it filler.
Battle Ship: Good plot and Good duels
Doma: Best Arc in the series... no stupid god cards. Too bad its a filler.
KC Grap: Another good arc. Again Too bad its a filler.
Mamory world: Only 3 duel in the whole arc? Boring...

Again what is bad about following the manga? You do realize the manga was made before the card game which is why it's radically different from the other spinoffs where the card game mechanics were more set in stone. The creator was literally making up the rules as he was writing the story on a weekly basis. Most of the canon arcs weren't that good because they weren't adapted properly from the manga either which is why they lose their charm.

I also find it funny you think Duelist Kingdom plot is good but Battle City isn't when they're both tournament arcs and have similar story structure. Battle City is actually better because that's where the main plot of the story kicks into overdrive (Pharaoh needs to revive his memory). Again you can't judge those duels with the spinoff duels because they played a different game than the one in the spinoffs.

Also the Synchro arc was bad. Too long. Poorly paced. Most of the duels were garbage except a few. Yuya sat in a hotel room crying like a little bitch for the most of the arc. Roger was a shit villain. Reiji just sits in the council room doing nothing. Obelisk force members invade and lose easily dispelling how threatening they are. Wasting too much time on Jack and Crow when they shouldn't even be in the show instead of developing other characters. Episode 92 was god awful when the 4 Yuboys should have fused but the bracelet blocked them from doing so. Yuya lost to Barrett which shows how shit of a duelist he is. Yuya and Jack last duel is bad, Yuya's answer to Jack is using Pendulum summoning which is stupid since he's been doing that at the start of the show. The kid doesn't learn anything. Tops and Commons conflict gets instantly resolved with just one simple duel and everyone is best friends which is completely stupid. Then Yuya gets separated from Yuzu AGAIN and they all go in a wormhole conveniently to Xyz dimension which is a pretty shitty ending to the arc.

I could go on about all the problems the synchro arc had. It wasn't good and it was painfully mediocre at best. The only good arc was Standard as I said before.
Sterben0022Mar 29, 2017 12:42 PM
Mar 29, 2017 10:26 PM

May 2008
Sterben0022 said:
Haou-Judai said:

Nothing wrong with the Synchro Arc,

Dm:

Duelist Kingdom: Good plot but shitty duels and rules. piece of crap...
First virtual wolrd and Dice: Too short.. Make me want too watch more DDM.. but they waste that ideal. Piece of crap...
Battle City: SoSo plot but shitty duels and rules. Another Piece of crap...
Virtual Wolrd: Finally they learn how can use normal and equip spell cards... plot is soso but the last duel agains noa is good. Only problem it filler.
Battle Ship: Good plot and Good duels
Doma: Best Arc in the series... no stupid god cards. Too bad its a filler.
KC Grap: Another good arc. Again Too bad its a filler.
Mamory world: Only 3 duel in the whole arc? Boring...

Again what is bad about following the manga? You do realize the manga was made before the card game which is why it's radically different from the other spinoffs where the card game mechanics were more set in stone. The creator was literally making up the rules as he was writing the story on a weekly basis. Most of the canon arcs weren't that good because they weren't adapted properly from the manga either which is why they lose their charm.

I also find it funny you think Duelist Kingdom plot is good but Battle City isn't when they're both tournament arcs and have similar story structure. Battle City is actually better because that's where the main plot of the story kicks into overdrive (Pharaoh needs to revive his memory). Again you can't judge those duels with the spinoff duels because they played a different game than the one in the spinoffs.

Also the Synchro arc was bad. Too long. Poorly paced. Most of the duels were garbage except a few. Yuya sat in a hotel room crying like a little bitch for the most of the arc. Roger was a shit villain. Reiji just sits in the council room doing nothing. Obelisk force members invade and lose easily dispelling how threatening they are. Wasting too much time on Jack and Crow when they shouldn't even be in the show instead of developing other characters. Episode 92 was god awful when the 4 Yuboys should have fused but the bracelet blocked them from doing so. Yuya lost to Barrett which shows how shit of a duelist he is. Yuya and Jack last duel is bad, Yuya's answer to Jack is using Pendulum summoning which is stupid since he's been doing that at the start of the show. The kid doesn't learn anything. Tops and Commons conflict gets instantly resolved with just one simple duel and everyone is best friends which is completely stupid. Then Yuya gets separated from Yuzu AGAIN and they all go in a wormhole conveniently to Xyz dimension which is a pretty shitty ending to the arc.

I could go on about all the problems the synchro arc had. It wasn't good and it was painfully mediocre at best. The only good arc was Standard as I said before.

They can make the duels different if they want... but instand of that they just use the same shitty rules.. I realy want a remake from this shit.. With accurate rules.

You talk lot of shit...

Only good thing in BC is Jounochi and hes story... But a the duels are awfull.... I mainly watch yugioh for the duels... and arc V have lot of very good duels... (Of coures that why my favorite series is GX and 5d's)

BTW For me Still:

GX > 5d's > Zexal II > Arc V > Zexal >>>> DM
Mar 30, 2017 2:58 AM

Sep 2011
Now I'm finally daring to make a review lol. Despite what others are saying Arc-V is still my favorite YGO with 5Ds being in the 2nd. The ending was pretty lackluster tho, I want more!! :/

Anyways:

-If you can't come up with any other hate than "Yuya is a fucking cheater!!!" then shame you, you don't have anything to complain about. Sure he sometimes spammed Action Cards I'll admit that. But thinking he's a cheater because of that? Ayyyy. Almost everyone in the series used Action Cards.
-However Yuya had some cool and creative combos all throughout the series.
-I blame executives for the short length of Arc-V because for some reason, Yugioh series keep getting shorter and shorter. If VRAINS turns out to be longer than Arc-V I'll rage.

c0rnel said:
Not bad but this series could have been better.

Here's what I didn't like about it:

2) We still don't know the effects of Serena, Rin and Ruri's bracelets.

3) It was not revealed that Kurosaki Shun had joined LDS (with Reiji) and originally thought of LDS as his enemy

2) Their bracelets didn't have any other effect than calling out to each other just like the Yu's dragons, because being the main body, Yuzu's bracelet had the biggest effect with teleporting Zarc's fragments away from each other so they wouldn't fuse.

3) It was revealed back when they showed Kurosaki working together with Reiji at the start of Maiami Championship Arc. I think they made a whole deal about how if Kurosaki joins hands with him, Reiji'll help him find Ruri. Also what, carding a bunch of Standard Dimension's LDS members because he thought Academia was there as well wasn't enough to show his hate towards it?

Good points for me:
-The voice acting. Oh my god, the voice acting. This has pretty much the best voice acting I've heard in Yugioh in a long time. I gained more respect for OnoKen, poor guy had to scream so many intense screams. His voice as Yuri is so different as well.
-Many of the duels - Sora vs Kurosaki I, Yuya vs Reiji II, Serena and Ruri vs Yuya, and so on were so much fun.
-While Zarc was a boring villain, he wasn't as much of a hack as Don Thousand was, so it was refreshing. (I can activate cards without even announcing them!)
-Despite all the hate I liked Synchro arc.
-Yuuri & his faces. The main cast + Lancers were fun. Also being Yugioh all of the great crazy faces were there.
-The OST is also pretty great after the lackluster of Zexal.
-Main girl actually did something! ...Before turning into a damsel in distress unfortunately.
-Summoning chants. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kytJr9oN9Z4)

Bad points:
-Not enough Yuuri.
-The animation, oh god the QUALITY at some points was so atrocious and hilarious, especially Starve Venom's and Enlightment Paladin's first summonings. :P
-Some of the cast ended up being (more than) a bit underdeveloped.
-Many parts of the Fusion arc were really bad and rushed.
-Writing was pretty bad at some points. Overall it was okay tho.
-Not enough Egao. {please don't stone me kek

Verdict? 8/10. Will probably change it to 9/10 depending what VRAINS will be like.
RukaliiniMar 30, 2017 6:17 AM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Mar 30, 2017 11:35 AM
Aug 2015
Haou-Judai said:
Sterben0022 said:

They can make the duels different if they want... but instand of that they just use the same shitty rules.. I realy want a remake from this shit.. With accurate rules.

You talk lot of shit...

Only good thing in BC is Jounochi and hes story... But a the duels are awfull.... I mainly watch yugioh for the duels... and arc V have lot of very good duels... (Of coures that why my favorite series is GX and 5d's)

BTW For me Still:

I don't talk a lot of shit at all. I brought up good points on why the Synchro arc is bad rather than just saying it's bad. Jou being the only good thing in BC is completely subjective. Most people would agree that there are plenty of good things about BC beyond Jou's story.

If you watch YGO for the duels that's fine, but it's unfair to say the original series is bad because you think its duels are bad by today's standards. The original series is the only series that was written to be a story rather than focus heavily on the card games aspect which is why its rules and mechanics are different from the Konami card game. There doesn't need to be a remake with "accurate" rules either. You still don't seem to understand that the game played in the original series is DIFFERENT than the spinoffs. You shouldn't be comparing them at all and rather judging the duels in the original based on the way the duels are presented in the story.

But based on your ranking list and reasons for watching YGO it's pointless to continue this since my taste is very different from yours. You watch YGO primarily for duels while I watch for good characters and story before the duels.
Mar 30, 2017 1:07 PM

May 2008
Sterben0022 said:
Haou-Judai said:

You talk lot of shit...

BTW For me Still:

I don't talk a lot of shit at all. I brought up good points on why the Synchro arc is bad rather than just saying it's bad. Jou being the only good thing in BC is completely subjective. Most people would agree that there are plenty of good things about BC beyond Jou's story.

If you watch YGO for the duels that's fine, but it's unfair to say the original series is bad because you think its duels are bad by today's standards. The original series is the only series that was written to be a story rather than focus heavily on the card games aspect which is why its rules and mechanics are different from the Konami card game. There doesn't need to be a remake with "accurate" rules either. You still don't seem to understand that the game played in the original series is DIFFERENT than the spinoffs. You shouldn't be comparing them at all and rather judging the duels in the original based on the way the duels are presented in the story.

But based on your ranking list and reasons for watching YGO it's pointless to continue this since my taste is very different from yours. You watch YGO primarily for duels while I watch for good characters and story before the duels.

"I watch for good characters and story before the duels."'

Good character... in DM? XD Other then Jou? An maybe kaiba...
The story is nothing better than the other series...

Also true fact that 5d's have the best story and GX have the best characters...(And both have the best duels) Only fail thing in GX is that they overshadow the secundary characters...

"You still don't seem to understand that the game played in the original series is DIFFERENT than the spinoffs."

It's a same game with shitty rules.

"You shouldn't be comparing them at all and rather judging the duels in the original based on the way the duels are presented in the story."

even if i try judging other than the duels is still worst...

MC:
Judai > Yuma > Yusei > Yuya > Yugi
Secundary Characters:
Gx > 5d's > Zexal > Arc V > DM
Enemys:
5d's > Zexal > GX > Arc V > DM
Story:
5d's> GX > Zexal II > Arc V > Zexal >DM
Mar 30, 2017 3:15 PM
Aug 2015
Haou-Judai said:
Sterben0022 said:

Also true fact that 5d's have the best story and GX have the best characters...(And both have the best duels) Only fail thing in GX is that they overshadow the secundary characters...

"You still don't seem to understand that the game played in the original series is DIFFERENT than the spinoffs."

"You shouldn't be comparing them at all and rather judging the duels in the original based on the way the duels are presented in the story."

MC:
Secundary Characters:
Enemys:
Story:

"It's a true fact that 5Ds has the best story and GX has the best characters"

There's nothing true about it at all. It's all subjective.

And I'm tired of arguing with you too. You try to say DM is the worst but you can't even argue your points properly while I give reasons why Arc-V is bad.

I stand with my point that Arc-V is still worst YGO series there is.

Also, your taste in YGO is pretty garbage too.
Sterben0022Mar 30, 2017 3:21 PM
Mar 30, 2017 4:30 PM

May 2008
Sterben0022 said:
Haou-Judai said:

MC:
Secundary Characters:
Enemys:
Story:

And I'm tired of arguing with you too. You try to say DM is the worst but you can't even argue your points properly while I give reasons why Arc-V is bad.

"your taste in YGO is pretty garbage too."

Saying that when you have SAO in your favorite anime list make me laughed...
Mar 30, 2017 4:49 PM

Jul 2014
Do you know how much more this fucking show sucks when your favourite character is Sawatari.
Mar 30, 2017 8:41 PM
Aug 2015
Haou-Judai said:
Sterben0022 said:

LOL. I like how instead of formulating a good argument for why DM is apparently the shittiest series other than "they don't follow rules" you attack my personal preference for SAO. Because that totally has to do with evaluating whether a YGO series is good or not. You're not very smart are you, kid?

I don't really have the desire to continue this pointless argument so I'm done here. Reply all you want, I'm not going to bother entertaining your childish responses.
Mar 30, 2017 9:21 PM

May 2008
Sterben0022 said:
Haou-Judai said:

LOL. I like how instead of formulating a good argument for why DM is apparently the shittiest series other than "they don't follow rules" you attack my personal preference for SAO. Because that totally has to do with evaluating whether a YGO series is good or not. You're not very smart are you, kid?

I don't really have the desire to continue this pointless argument so I'm done here. Reply all you want, I'm not going to bother entertaining your childish responses.

I already say why DM is worst.. and not just because "they don't follow rules" ... plenty of bad thing in DM...

But oky than i write some more:
It have worst Yugioh MC,The supporting characters like Anzu and Honda is useless, irritating and boring. Most of the duels are to long becaus they talk to much... (Lot of time things that we are already know...) lot of Asspull way to win the duels (Like Kuriboh destroy him self and negate the effect of Thousand-Eyes Restrict) Fillers arc are better than the main story...

"you attack my personal preference for SAO"

Just because you say my taste garbage... how can someone say something like that when they like shitty series like SAO or Naruto...

You came with that first so why i'am the childish?
I think you just run a away....
Apr 9, 2017 3:49 AM

Jul 2016
Let's see, first of all, the duel was pretty good, not the best I've seen and not even the best one from the series, but still fun. The ending is pretty meh, though, and many questions remain unanswered.

Now, I think most would agree that the best season was the first one (and also the one that showed how much potential ARC-V had) and it went downhill from there, Synchro arc was decent, XYZ arc was basically nothing at all and Fusion was bad (the worst part would probably be Zarc's duels...), that's a shame, because if it wasn't because of many writing and animation decision it could have surpassed 5Ds (and DM) as the best Yu-Gi-Oh Series, it's a real real shame and I wish that, many times, it wasn't done just to sell cards or to offer some cheap duels to entertain.

It would be AMAZING if someone remade ARC-V in the future, without worrying about selling cards and deadlines and such.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Apr 17, 2017 3:56 AM

Sep 2011
HitSquare said:
It would be AMAZING if someone remade ARC-V in the future, without worrying about selling cards and deadlines and such.

See, that's the purpose YGO animu: it's an advertisement for a hyper-popular card game. It always has been so. All I can imagine someone writing a rewrite fanfic about Arc-V with adding some of the fan theories in. Animating a 150-episode series is a pretty hard task, y'know.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Feb 26, 2018 11:44 AM

May 2016
That.Episode.Was.AMAZING.

For a final duel, I'd say it was far better than Yuma vs Astral and still good animation with OST. Don't get why people complaine about it. Still, solid 10/10
Mar 5, 2018 9:04 AM

Mar 2016
Helios92 said:
That.Episode.Was.AMAZING.

For a final duel, I'd say it was far better than Yuma vs Astral and still good animation with OST. Don't get why people complaine about it. Still, solid 10/10

The duel was still amazing, especially with Yuya calling out the Odd Eyes hybrids.
The big issue was how too quickly the series overall tried to wrap it up within too small of a timeframe, hence why the conclusion of the series felt unresolving for the majority of people here. To me, the ending felt more or less like the GX ending, anime and manga version.
Mar 25, 2018 4:34 AM

May 2016
I don't care what other people think Of YuGiOh! Arc V or it's ending. For myself it was a great ride even though there are some weakness. Pendulum was an amazing mechanic and personally i like the storyline of Unit Materializing that has been the theme of A5 AND THAT BURN IT THO.

10/10
May 6, 2018 4:01 AM

May 2016
Just finished the dub.A good ending. Overall, it was a good series. Both sub and dub.

Goodbye Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V. Waking up every Saturday knowing I would have something to watch was a favorable feeling. The enjoyment this series provided was outstanding. Seeing Yuya change throughout the series was one of the best things to see. This will be my favorite Yugioh series, forever.

Btw, not interested in VRains dub and gonna wait till it get's more episodes.

Oct 24, 2018 8:07 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
ARC-V'S THE BEST !!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 24, 2018 8:22 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
REALLY WANNA SAY THE DUB IS FUCKING AMAZING !!!!!! ALL THE CHARACTERS WERE DUBBED WELL DONE!!! YUYA, YUTO, YUGO, YURI, MICHAEL LISCIO JR. THE VA BEHIND ALL 4 REALLY BRINGS LIFE AND EMOTION TO THE 4 ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, DECLAN HAS THE VOICE AND COMMAND OF THE HIGHEST RANKED FINAL BOSS, SHAY'S VOICE WAS POWERFUL AND GOD AMAZING FULL OF RAGE WHEN HE DOES, AMAZING VOICES !!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 25, 2018 4:26 AM

May 2016
iamYuyaSakaki said:
ARC-V'S THE BEST !!!!!

*here's someone say Arc-V is amazing*

I love you
Oct 25, 2018 4:26 AM

May 2016
iamYuyaSakaki said:
REALLY WANNA SAY THE DUB IS FUCKING AMAZING !!!!!! ALL THE CHARACTERS WERE DUBBED WELL DONE!!! YUYA, YUTO, YUGO, YURI, MICHAEL LISCIO JR. THE VA BEHIND ALL 4 REALLY BRINGS LIFE AND EMOTION TO THE 4 ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, DECLAN HAS THE VOICE AND COMMAND OF THE HIGHEST RANKED FINAL BOSS, SHAY'S VOICE WAS POWERFUL AND GOD AMAZING FULL OF RAGE WHEN HE DOES, AMAZING VOICES !!!!

THE ARC-V DUB IS AMAZING AND GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT! ^^
May 27, 2019 1:46 AM

Dec 2012
Reiji destroyed them all.
Odd-Eyes Fusiongate? He did not have that in his deck prior to teh duel.
Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon?
13,800? What an effect.
Synchrogate?
Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon?
Xyzgate?
Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon.
Reiji survived the attack.
All monsters ATK are 0.
Reiji has his 4th card.
Now Yuya.
Ray is reacting.
Of course Yuya gets it first.
Reiji countered.
Ladies and Gentlemen!
Reiji loses of course. Dat smile.
Reira is smiling.
Yuya passes his Pro test.
They played the 2nd OP.
Asuka and co were transported to Standard.
Ray appears before them.
Ruri appears.
Rin appears.
Selena appears.
Ugh... Yuzu is back. Not Ray.
The little shit did it again.
Leo isn't mad Ray not back?
Yushou.
Yuya vs Yushou?

And that was the end of Yugioh Egao-V. What a disappointing piece of shit. But that was expected when you take material from each previous series. Egao this. Egao that. The dimension war was ass. There was no final boss of the arc like Yami Bakura, Pegasus, Yami Malik, etc. Zarc was just Yami Malik being one with his monster. He was boring. Don't make the MC the main villain again. That was dumb to even do. They made characters from previous series lose. Jack should not be losing. There was no rivalry between Yuya and Reiji even when they had to work together. The little shibideru motherfucker pissed me off beyond belief. Yuya just relied on Odd Eyes combos in his duels and didn't get a boss monster. Where the fuck did he get all of those Odd Eyes cards from? Lastly, the jacket cape. You disrespectful piece of shit. Only Yami Yugi is allowed to wear the jacket cape. It means something. You made the jacket cape look not special by wearing it every damn episode. It is suppose to be cool. You didn't look cool wearing it. Can't believe the designer would disrespect Kaz like that.

I'll miss you Melissa Claire. You were the waifu of Arc-V. Also, best girl Ruri and Selena.

PS: Haou-Judai is an idiot.
RobMay 27, 2019 1:53 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 27, 2019 9:48 AM

May 2016
Rob said:
Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon?
13,800? What an effect.
Synchrogate?
Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon?
Xyzgate?
All monsters ATK are 0.
Reiji has his 4th card.
Now Yuya.
Ray is reacting.
Reiji countered.
Ladies and Gentlemen!
Reira is smiling.
They played the 2nd OP.
Ray appears before them.
Ruri appears.
Rin appears.
Selena appears.
Yushou.
Yuya vs Yushou?

And that was the end of Yugioh Egao-V. What a disappointing piece of shit. But that was expected when you take material from each previous series. Egao this. Egao that. The dimension war was ass. There was no final boss of the arc like Yami Bakura, Pegasus, Yami Malik, etc. Zarc was just Yami Malik being one with his monster. He was boring. Don't make the MC the main villain again. That was dumb to even do. They made characters from previous series lose. Jack should not be losing. There was no rivalry between Yuya and Reiji even when they had to work together. The little shibideru motherfucker pissed me off beyond belief. Yuya just relied on Odd Eyes combos in his duels and didn't get a boss monster. Where the fuck did he get all of those Odd Eyes cards from? Lastly, the jacket cape. You disrespectful piece of shit. Only Yami Yugi is allowed to wear the jacket cape. It means something. You made the jacket cape look not special by wearing it every damn episode. It is suppose to be cool. You didn't look cool wearing it. Can't believe the designer would disrespect Kaz like that.

I'll miss you Melissa Claire. You were the waifu of Arc-V. Also, best girl Ruri and Selena.

My favorite is 5D's and this one is just nothing by a nostalgic bait bullshit

Also, blame the writer Kamishiro for being a lazy man. Ono was busy with Symphogear GX and guess Konami took notes with this series ALOT.
Jul 17, 2019 10:09 AM

May 2016
ARC-V imo felt like it got nowhere after Season 3 and that's just my thought.
1. Ending was just meh and honestly the worst.
2. 6 Characters got wasted and the villains are are all lacking stronger decks
3. Duel sucked since Season 3 started.
4. It has pacing problems since Season 2. Season 1 was fine
5. Yuya is worse than Madoka from Madoke Magica
6. The show's morals, messeages and whatever it had never felt like it got them anywhere else.
7. Zarc is Supreme King 2.0 but done worse.
8. The cast are annoying and just as the GX ones.
9. The Synchro was way too long, Xyz was rushed, Fusion wasn't an arc since it felt like it never got explored much
10. Reiji was the only decent character in the show
11. Shun Kurosaki is really a bad character
12. Yuzu and her counterparts are wasted with out closure
13. Akaba Reo is a terrible villian
14. Roger was the TRUE enemy of the show
15. Ono's 5d's biassed and Synchro fetish was just making the show drag out a whole year.
16. If Ono didin't work on Symphogear GX and ARC-V in 2015, both of could of bean good.
17. The Legacy Characters are all wasted (except Jack Atlas) he is the only one that got treated welll
18. The Pendulum mechanic is the worst imo
Lastly. Action card don't make me like this show anymore.

Yuya is a prime example of a character that suddenly pulled random stuff out of his ass and it makes literally no sense. Reo suddenly revealed that Yuya new powers based on previous owners. That's completely bullshit and makes Yuya overpowered even more than before for no reason whatsoever.

Since it's quite irrational in nature I can't say I have all the answers you're looking for but from what I've learned over the years by observation is that being a popular show does not automatically make you more hated, however this anime maybe in the fact worst original one ever since it's quality dropped each season. I prefer VRAINS that alteast make it more mature and well good.

People back in 2015 aways got on my case that i liket 5D'S because it felt more good and hated me for praising it while ranted about the 2nd half of it being total shit of a mess. Ha. Look at ARC-V, it lost it's 2nd half, but worse. They same people who praise GX and DM for it's well good characterzations and pacing of the week bullshit.

LET ME SAY THIS ONCE!

5D'S IS THE BEST YU-GI-OH SERIES! ARC-V AND GX ARE WORST! DM IS OVERRATED!

VRAINS AND ZEXAL ATLEAST DON'T GET TO ARC-V'S LEVEL OF STUPIDITY!

Aug 18, 2019 5:05 AM

May 2016
Rob said:
Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon?
13,800? What an effect.
Synchrogate?
Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon?
Xyzgate?
All monsters ATK are 0.
Reiji has his 4th card.
Now Yuya.
Ray is reacting.
Reiji countered.
Ladies and Gentlemen!
Reira is smiling.
They played the 2nd OP.
Ray appears before them.
Ruri appears.
Rin appears.
Selena appears.
Yushou.
Yuya vs Yushou?

To me Arc-V is the weakest Yu-Gi-Oh show up till now, Zexal had a worse start but Zexal 2 had it's own epicness. And while I agreed with all of your points, there are three I would like to add:

1. Action Cards: The idea of these rubs me the wrong way and the Action Cards are a big reason why I feel that Yuya has the overall weakest MC deck in YuGiOh history. Whenever they appears these cards are always the cards needed to get out of the direkt situation the player is in. It also feels to push away from the "Believe in your cards" theme the other YuGiOh shows had.

2. Pendulum Summon: Pendulum Summon is my least liked new summoning method in the anime (I never played with these rules, so I can't talk about RL experience here). While older protagonists had a problem when there board of monsters were broken and you wanted to know, how they would come back from such an event, Yuyas monster losses were boring, since he could summon them again in the next turn. It again took much tension out of duels.

3. Yuya: While many dislike Yuma, Yuya is my most disliked protagonist in YuGiOh. He simply misses the chance to Develop as a character and his goal to make people smile while unique in the series, also was unfitting imo when you have the fate of entire dimensions on your shoulders. Sorry to all Yuya fans.
May 23, 2020 6:58 AM

Nov 2009
I have finally escaped, it wasn't terrible in the end and there were some great moments but some of this was just a bitter struggle. I won't even try and make perfect sense of the last 8 episodes as it would feel completely pointless at this stage.

6/10, It was fine I guess but it had potential to be better.
Aug 19, 2020 6:21 PM

Feb 2014
I mean, it was ok, the dimensional war had it's ups and downs, action cards suck major ass and at some point Yuya only wins because he find them, seeing all the legacy character was actually nice, wasn't expecting their appeareances when I started this show.
At the end of the day, the duels in this season are the closest ones to how Yu-Gi-Oh is played irl, and that's a positive point.

Better than the first Zexal, for sure.
Nov 29, 2023 4:52 AM
Nov 2023
Good duel, bad ending.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Yesterday, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.