Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2017 7:10 PM

Jun 2013
I still cannot believe Rewrite got an anime adaptation. I remember reading the VN way back in the day and just being amazed at Terra. The first season was not too great, this season stayed pretty well in line with the VN albeit some rushed parts. God, hearing Rewrite (instrumental) during the earth dragon fight sent such a chill down my spine.

Even though it's not the best thing ever, the sense of nostalgia hit me hard.
Mar 25, 2017 7:17 PM

Oct 2015
I think my problem with season two deals with the fact that I was expecting the gang to reunite and be older a lot earlier then just the final episode. I liked the group dynamic that was displayed in the first season. The story this season was okay, but got a little melodramatic in some places especially with the scenes with Kotori.
Mar 25, 2017 9:40 PM

Jul 2014
OK I liked the kiss scene but the rest was.....meh.

The beginning of the Terra arc was very good but then we had the pace problem from all the adaptation.

Overall I enjoyed more the first season, I liked the funny moments it had.
SkyLETVMar 26, 2017 9:56 AM
Mar 25, 2017 9:55 PM

May 2014
Kind of sad to see it end but even as an anime only I can tell it was rushed. The ending was really good and actually makes me want to play the VN. I'll buy it on steam or if it comes to vita/ps4.

Will probably not see a rewrite remake in my lifetime though and it sucks.
Mar 25, 2017 10:04 PM

Jun 2013
So my main problem with this as an anime-only viewer is that I can totally see how Rewrite is supposed to be a grand, heartfelt, emotional journey of epic proportions---it has all the right ingredients---but this adaptation has been so lackluster and comical at times, I came with with a big ol' nothing-burger in terms of investment in any of the characters or anything that was going on. I watched the scene where Tennouji stabs Kagari and I was like, "Huh, well that's interesting... I think I'm supposed to be bawling my eyes out here."

Such is the way of many VN adaptations, I guess.
Mar 25, 2017 10:59 PM

May 2008
So yeah, I don't know how to approach this. The episode itself was good and the final scene was very nice but it has the same problem that this series and Season 1 have, the pacing. I'm a Anime-only but even I could tell that some scenes felt rushed and didn't carry much impacted. It's a damn shame since I do like these characters (Key always creates such likeable characters) but because of the pacing I feel like I didn't get to know them that well and wasn't as attached as I should of been.

I guess that has a lot to do that most of the girls routes were nonexistent or were given proper time to develop. The only ones that were given any time I feel were Kotori, Lucia, Shizuru and Kagari but even then the pacing issue didn't fully flesh them out. Akane and Chihaya got the wrong end of the stick really. Even some of the supporting cast like Sakuya, Yoshino and Esaka feel like weren't given the time to develop and have me care for them. That is 8bit's biggest mistake here, I can over look the animation flaws (some of them) and it did make me laugh at times but if you can't get me to care about the characters and their journey as a whole, then you f'ed up. Heck I'm one of the few who actually likes their Grisaia adaption but maybe because I knew nothing about it before watching it.

All in all, I say this series was fine. I did like a good chuck of it but it left me with wanting more from it. So I would probably give both this Season and S1 a C+. The plus for the small parts I did enjoyed.

Would I like a remake for Rewrite, yes but who knows when (or if) that will happen.

jc9622 said:
Yea, I also want a re-adaptation of Rewrite but we all know that's never going to happen. If it does happen for whatever reason, I hope they give it to White Fox.....

Because I heard some rumor claiming that Rewrite was supposed to be originally adapted by White Fox but since they were working on Re:Zero, they had to assign the project to 8bit instead.

If that is true, than they should of held off until White Fox was ready to make Rewrite. It could of been a whole different story if they had.
Mar 25, 2017 11:05 PM

Feb 2014
I feel nothing but confusion from this show honestly. It had entertaining times but overall... what the fuck
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Mar 25, 2017 11:15 PM

Sep 2011
Nara-Sama said:

jc9622 said:
Yea, I also want a re-adaptation of Rewrite but we all know that's never going to happen. If it does happen for whatever reason, I hope they give it to White Fox.....

Because I heard some rumor claiming that Rewrite was supposed to be originally adapted by White Fox but since they were working on Re:Zero, they had to assign the project to 8bit instead.

If that is true, than they should of held off until White Fox was ready to make Rewrite. It could of been a whole different story if they had.

It's more like there's a higher chance that the heroine routes will be adapted if White Fox will remake this. So yeah, a completely different story and a completely different atmosphere compared to the season 1.
TennoujiMar 25, 2017 11:19 PM

Mar 26, 2017 4:15 AM

Aug 2014
Rocksterrock said:
I feel nothing but confusion from this show honestly. It had entertaining times but overall... what the fuck
Don't blame you, it's an awfully rushed mess that's kinda all over the place. The original source is over 50hrs long, so you can get the idea of just how badly rushed it was.
Mar 26, 2017 4:15 AM
Apr 2016
Mascera said:
All Koutarou done so far for seducing a girl. Point of no return with a Greatsword.
What sad "memory" is not the kiss, but knowing Koutarou won't make it in time to do some activity with his friends, colleagues, all the people that he have met so far and when he revived... He lost his memories. Oh well, I guess it's time for some "new day". :(
but he still can remember kagari :3
Mar 26, 2017 5:59 AM

Feb 2014
After the disappointing episode 10 last week, I really wanted the finale to be really good.

Thank goodness it was! =)

Admittedly, the fight between Kotarou and the dragon was slightly better than his fight with Esaka, but it was still underwhelming in a way. The 3D CGI was again on the budget side, as was part of the animation, apart from when Kotarou landed sideways inside the tree trunk and bounced off for the final blow. That was pretty good.

His final moments with Kagari before he finished her off was emotional. The kiss was also touching as she started to disappear.

At least he was able to help save the planet. The five girls all summoned him from the tree, with his longer hair and tuxedo looking nice on him, before he took them to the moon, where his appearance age-wise matched the girls.

Kagari was surprised to see them again, but mostly for Kotarou. Their kiss at the end was nice and it certainly gave the girls a shock! =P

Overall, season 2 was an improvement on season 1, but my score will be the same as before, with it being 7/10. A strong it might've been, but I felt certain parts of the series felt like the pacing was off, especially in episode 10 and although the animation was better at the start, it went back to being no better than season 1.

Although certain visual shots looks really nice, Charlotte still looks MUCH better overall.
Mar 26, 2017 6:29 AM

Jan 2015
StarFromDust said:
Mascera said:
All Koutarou done so far for seducing a girl. Point of no return with a Greatsword.
What sad "memory" is not the kiss, but knowing Koutarou won't make it in time to do some activity with his friends, colleagues, all the people that he have met so far and when he revived... He lost his memories. Oh well, I guess it's time for some "new day". :(
Aaww, that's why he kiss Kagari not the other girl. Right? LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 26, 2017 8:03 AM
Apr 2016
Mascera said:
StarFromDust said:
It's funny if you think like that :v. But i wonder what will happen if Kotarou meet his friends and his comrades.
Mar 26, 2017 8:16 AM

May 2015
Better than the first season. 8/10.

Hoping for a remake that most likely will never come, but oh well.

Mar 26, 2017 9:50 AM

Jan 2015
StarFromDust said:
Mascera said:
It's funny if you think like that :v. But i wonder what will happen if Kotarou meet his friends and his comrades.
I'm guessing, as long Koutarou still remember about Kagari it will be the same "ending". But IF Koutarou forget about Kagari or even have girlfriend from one of those Koutarou known so far whoever she is, he might get to live on Earth instead. Just guessing.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 26, 2017 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
As an anime only watcher, I'm sure I don't have this down pat. I welcome any corrections or clarifications from VN readers as I'm sort of swinging in the dark on this, but just to recap:

Season 1 sets the scene for the bigger problem. It introduces us to Kotarou and the core cast as well as the battle between Gaia & Guardian over the Key (which takes the form of Kagari). It's one of the many timelines/possible futures for humanity that's cut short due to a lack of resources.

In season 2, it's revealed that Kotarou has lived and experienced multiple timelines in which he had a myriad of different possibilities with each of the five girls. But throughout each one, he had always either given up on Kagari as a whole or protected her until the end. In between each timeline, he'd be reborn on the moon, in which Kagari would kill him and he'd start the cycle again. In this case, however, he contributed to her research and helped her find the possibility that would work, with everyone sending Kotarou off to save the world in its final tribulation.

And so in this final timeline, Kotarou is significantly older than the girls. From what I gather, this was so he could end the war between Gaia and Guardian and protect them from getting dragged in. As for Kagari, he wanted to show her fond memories in order to convince her humanity was worth saving. In the end, however, he was moments too late and had to kill her to stop the final judgement.

After that...I'm not exactly sure what happened. The girls brought Kotarou back as a monster and he rewrote their commands to go see Kagari again? Either way, it was a whirlwind of overwhelming emotions in this final episode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well as a whole, I found this second season far more enjoyable than the first. Perhaps it was partly because of how the bigger picture was finally forming. In hindsight, the concept of the Earth managing its resources to ensure its survival is very much a fascinating thought to ponder on. It also felt more compelling, especially since Kotarou was stumbling through the final timeline unaware of his past lives and promise to Kagari until the very end. Particularly that time he spent in the war zone was very heavy. In some strange way, it reminded me of the magnitude of Charlotte (only better).

7.5/10
Mar 26, 2017 11:37 AM

Aug 2012
So he chose the loli in the end. Good for him.
Mar 26, 2017 12:07 PM

Jan 2015
oh my god what was that ending? looked like a fairytale after all the serious matters, idgi.
that was the first time I've watched a 20+ episode anime I have nothing to remember about. literally, I didn't even like any of the characters that much, didn't care for the story, thought that destroying everything for good would be the best ending, though at this point I didn't care about what was happening at all. idk if that's the plot itself or the adaptation really sucks.
demimondeJun 10, 2017 10:32 AM
Mar 26, 2017 1:17 PM

Jul 2014
good episode but not satisfying and there's nothing to remember, i'm not going to talk about how it's bad compared to the vn, so overall good show
so did they complete their project or they are still willing to continue ? although i don't think they have the time to do so... (i wish if they adapted lucia or akane's route)
Mar 26, 2017 1:21 PM

Mar 2011
so Kotarou basically becomes the next Sakuya, who was also a tree based familiar if i remember correctly. i'm guessing them meeting on the Moon was the spot that Kotarou added to the bottom of Kagari's life grid?

here's the game ending for comparison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiYx50i0tWo. a lot more bittersweet
Mar 26, 2017 2:04 PM
Aug 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Well that was something I guess? The world's been saved, Hurrah! XD

The kiss at the end was really nice and it was cool to see all the girls together again.

Overall, I don't know? This season was definitely better that the first in certain areas since it was a lot more serious but I can't say I liked it all that much, mostly because it's not all that easy to understand being an anime only. I understood what I could for the most part but I honestly believe I would've enjoyed this more had I read the VN. The shows seems more geared towards people who have read the VN as it's more understandable which is very important considering how heavy on detail and info this season was.

6/10, pretty much the same as S1. Season 1 was more fun and pleasant to watch in the beginning but it went pretty bad once things started getting serious. On the contrary this season had way better action that the first but is a lot harder to follow and at some point I stopped trying to understand everything in detail and started taking stuff at face value and that's never a good thing for me.

Let me say this: If you felt even a little bit of emotion in those scenes, there's a good chance that you'll cry when you read the VN. The difference is this vast.
Mar 26, 2017 3:42 PM

Aug 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
As an anime only watcher, I'm sure I don't have this down pat. I welcome any corrections or clarifications from VN readers as I'm sort of swinging in the dark on this, but just to recap:

Season 1 sets the scene for the bigger problem. It introduces us to Kotarou and the core cast as well as the battle between Gaia & Guardian over the Key (which takes the form of Kagari). It's one of the many timelines/possible futures for humanity that's cut short due to a lack of resources.

In season 2, it's revealed that Kotarou has lived and experienced multiple timelines in which he had a myriad of different possibilities with each of the five girls. But throughout each one, he had always either given up on Kagari as a whole or protected her until the end. In between each timeline, he'd be reborn on the moon, in which Kagari would kill him and he'd start the cycle again. In this case, however, he contributed to her research and helped her find the possibility that would work, with everyone sending Kotarou off to save the world in its final tribulation.

And so in this final timeline, Kotarou is significantly older than the girls. From what I gather, this was so he could end the war between Gaia and Guardian and protect them from getting dragged in. As for Kagari, he wanted to show her fond memories in order to convince her humanity was worth saving. In the end, however, he was moments too late and had to kill her to stop the final judgement.

After that...I'm not exactly sure what happened. The girls brought Kotarou back as a monster and he rewrote their commands to go see Kagari again? Either way, it was a whirlwind of overwhelming emotions in this final episode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well as a whole, I found this second season far more enjoyable than the first. Perhaps it was partly because of how the bigger picture was finally forming. In hindsight, the concept of the Earth managing its resources to ensure its survival is very much a fascinating thought to ponder on. It also felt more compelling, especially since Kotarou was stumbling through the final timeline unaware of his past lives and promise to Kagari until the very end. Particularly that time he spent in the war zone was very heavy. In some strange way, it reminded me of the magnitude of Charlotte (only better).

7.5/10
You got a surprising amount right, except for the part with Kotarou's age

Kotarou went back to the moon because he had also written inside the part of him that was sent to Terra that one day, he'll travel to the girl who was all alone on the Moon.

sonnestark said:
good episode but not satisfying and there's nothing to remember, i'm not going to talk about how it's bad compared to the vn, so overall good show
so did they complete their project or they are still willing to continue ? although i don't think they have the time to do so... (i wish if they adapted lucia or akane's route)
Doing either of their routes is kinda pointless since they made Terra.
Mar 26, 2017 3:47 PM

Nov 2011
I'm just a little confused...if this was the best path for Kotarou why did Kotori tell him he failed? I mean yeah the earth still turned to shit but some people survived. Was his mission just to protect the girls? I mean they were the ones to revive him and in every other path they seemed to get killed or die. It would make sense to keep them all alive since they summoned him and would eventually lead to him meeting Moon Kagari.

Idk seemed a little confusing to a non VN player.

All about that kiss at the end though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2017 4:05 PM

Aug 2015
This season had it's ups and downs but it was at least miles better than the first season. I'd give this somewhere around a 6/10.

Pretty good finale with some parts of this episode feeling lacklustre. (lol, CGI dragon.)
Mar 26, 2017 5:13 PM

Sep 2015
All this entire Rewrite adaptation has done for me is convince me to read the visual novel. I gave the first season a 5 and this one will be a 6.
Mar 26, 2017 5:25 PM

Oct 2011
That ending. .. bawled my eyes out 😭
Mar 26, 2017 5:31 PM

Mar 2011
one thing this adaptation absolutely did better was make Kagari feel like an actual heroine (and main one at that). in the first game Kotarou goes to the ends of the Earth for her despite barely having any lines and thus, no personality. it just made no sense and was one of the reasons the ending of Terra (the farewell scene where Kagari has long hair) wasn't as emotional as it should have been
Mar 26, 2017 5:48 PM
Jul 2016
gino_san said:
So he chose the loli in the end. Good for him.
lol yeah good for him
Mar 26, 2017 6:30 PM
Aug 2016
Ratohnhaketon said:

7.5/10

Let me give you a quick rundown of some of the differences of the anime and VN and a summary of those routes from the VN that exists in both anime and VN(Main Heroine's routes don't exist in the anime, at least not completely).
I'll put it in a spoiler tag just to be safe
Mar 26, 2017 7:51 PM
Jul 2013
If every episode of Rewrite was of the same quality as this final episode, it could have potentially been a masterpiece. I loved this final episode, even though the rest of the series was subpar (more so with the first season than the second one).
Mar 27, 2017 4:34 AM

Aug 2016
It was decent adaptation. It covered most of the details albeit the execution was lacking. The scenes with Kagari and the battle scenes were just underwhelming. OST still hit me like a truc,k "Sanka" and "CANOE" too strong.

I was gonna give it a 6 but since they adapted the ending well(except I disliked the kiss scene at the end) I'm giving it a

7/10

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Mar 27, 2017 5:11 AM

Jan 2016
Well, it is good. Although the rainbow dinosaurs appall with their look in a reprehensible fashion, everything else was fine
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Mar 27, 2017 8:02 AM
Mar 2017
Can someone explain the relation of season 1 and 2....After their deaths in season one what happened? Koutaro on the moon and vanished again..Humanity starts again?... Please someone explain..I am really confused..Thanks
1032patrickMar 27, 2017 8:06 AM
Mar 27, 2017 8:05 AM

Jun 2016
I feel a bit disappointed on Rewrite. The story seems rushed because as i observe too many scenes have been fast forwarded. But overall it was OK, it's also great how the progress on the New World turned out to be good, at the same time it's sad because Kotarou endured a lot of pain to accomplish his promise on Kagari.

Their Kiss on the moon is so romantic~
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Mar 27, 2017 8:07 AM

Jun 2016
1032patrick said:
Can someone explain the relation of season 1 and 2....After their deaths in season one what happened? Please someone explain..Thanks
After their deaths on Season 1, it turns out that it was just another parallel world. If you already finished watching the 2nd season it shows that after that Kotarou enters a loop in which everytime he is killed by Kagari in that cliff he wakes up in a different parallel world with different routes.

STAPLE STABLE
Mar 27, 2017 8:10 AM

Jun 2016
Niyari said:
so Kotarou basically becomes the next Sakuya, who was also a tree based familiar if i remember correctly. i'm guessing them meeting on the Moon was the spot that Kotarou added to the bottom of Kagari's life grid?

here's the game ending for comparison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiYx50i0tWo. a lot more bittersweet
Yeah it enters my mind too when the five summons Kotarou, he just looks like Sakuya. So i think maybe Sakuya is also summoned on the same way but i'm confused because Sakuya exist from different parallel worlds. Does it also apply on Kotarou?

STAPLE STABLE
Mar 27, 2017 8:16 AM
Mar 2017
Kyamana said:
1032patrick said:
Can someone explain the relation of season 1 and 2....After their deaths in season one what happened? Please someone explain..Thanks
After their deaths on Season 1, it turns out that it was just another parallel world. If you already finished watching the 2nd season it shows that after that Kotarou enters a loop in which everytime he is killed by Kagari in that cliff he wakes up in a different parallel world with different routes.
So this is just like reset for koutaro until he finds a way to save Earth? In the end of season two did his friends in Guardian and Yasmin knew that he was that ray of light? This season 2 final route is the best timeline/true ending?
1032patrickMar 27, 2017 8:22 AM
Mar 27, 2017 8:23 AM

Jun 2016
1032patrick said:
Kyamana said:
So this is just like reset for koutaro until he finds a way to save Earth? In the end of season two did his friends in Guardian and Yasmin knew that he was that ray of light?
Yeah it's exactly like that. It's like a reset for Kotarou. Hmm. I think Yasmin and his friends knew that the ray of light travelling to the moon is Kotarou because Yasmin is crying when she sees the light, the faces of his friends are not shown.

STAPLE STABLE
Mar 27, 2017 8:27 AM
Mar 2017
Kyamana said:
1032patrick said:
So this is just like reset for koutaro until he finds a way to save Earth? In the end of season two did his friends in Guardian and Yasmin knew that he was that ray of light?
Yeah it's exactly like that. It's like a reset for Kotarou. Hmm. I think Yasmin and his friends knew that the ray of light travelling to the moon is Kotarou because Yasmin is crying when she sees the light, the faces of his friends are not shown.
So meaning the season 1 was one of those many timelines where humanity was not saved? Did Koutaro need to kill Kagari as the key to save humanity?
Mar 27, 2017 8:29 AM

Jun 2016
1032patrick said:
Kyamana said:
So meaning the season 1 was one of those many timelines where humanity was not saved? Did Koutaro need to kill Kagari as the key to save humanity?
Yeah exactly like that. Kotarou killed Kagari at the last episode to complete his mission, and after that he also died due to the overuse of rewrite.

STAPLE STABLE
Mar 27, 2017 8:31 AM
Mar 2017
1032patrick said:
Kyamana said:
Another thing the timeline like Koutaro having family with Kotori for example. Did he die or something that it just became a memory or it is a complete different route and he knows what happened for each?....Thanks so much
1032patrickMar 27, 2017 9:02 AM
Mar 27, 2017 9:07 AM
Mar 2017
Mascera said:
StarFromDust said:
I'm guessing, as long Koutarou still remember about Kagari it will be the same "ending". But IF Koutarou forget about Kagari or even have girlfriend from one of those Koutarou known so far whoever she is, he might get to live on Earth instead. Just guessing.
Another thing the timeline like Koutaro having family with Kotori for example. Did he die or something that it just became a memory or it is a complete different route and he knows what happened for each?....Thanks so much
Mar 27, 2017 9:18 AM
Mar 2017
The timeline like Koutaro having family with Kotori for example. Did he die or something that it just became a memory or it is a complete different route and he knows what happened for each?

If so Koutaro alternative routes never existed because he repeats life until he gets to save Earth? Or is it a world without Kagari? Koutaro can't marry Kotori because the world gets destroyed?..

Kotori did not recognize him when he turned teen at the moon? If Koutaro goes back to Earth and meet his friends , will they recognize him?...

My biggest Question in season1... The teacher Touka...she teamed up with Koutaro in Guardian but did she recognize him in school and just acted like she did not know him same with Esaka? Why, Is Koutaro a burden to Guardian? Thanks so much to those who can help... PLEASE those who knows...???
1032patrickMar 27, 2017 11:23 PM
Mar 27, 2017 10:31 AM
May 2016
shit i didn't understand anything from the beginning of s1

well, the kiss scene is satisfying tho. They need to make an episode where all girl's, or rather everyone remembered that the monster they summoned is actually kotarou, and kotarou could live happily? or maybe no? i don't know. just hoping here.

well, finally everything is done, and everything pretty much enjoyable.
7/10 form me.
Mar 27, 2017 10:43 AM
Aug 2013
1032patrick said:
Can someone explain the relation of season 1 and 2....After their deaths in season one what happened? Koutaro on the moon and vanished again..Humanity starts again?... Please someone explain..I am really confused..Thanks

Kyamana said:

The way the anime adapted Rewrite it might seem like Kotarou is going to a different parallel world, which aren't really parallel they're just different possibilities, every time Kagari kills him, but it isn't really like that, Kotarou was just remembering the worlds a little more vividly each time he woke up. In the VN we see that actually Kotarou spends a huge amount of time (millions of years, in Moon the concept of time isn't supposed to exist) just getting close to Kagari and another huge amount of time helping her with her research, all of that without "going back" to a possible world. The relation between season 1 and season 2 is that the world we see in season 1 is just one of the possible worlds that Kagari is researching, in that world Kotarou gets close to Kagari and couldn't kill her to stop Salvation (If he killed her, Earth would've died later anyway so it wasn't the answer to the research), aside from season 1's there are many other worlds where Kotarou ends up with another heroine. Then we see in Season 2 episode 3 that thanks to Kotarou, Kagari finds a possible worlds in which Earths is saved, so she implements that world and sends all the life energy from the Moon to the Earth so that life can start again, but this time with a kind of "programming" in which Kotarou ultimately saves Earth from dying.
Mar 27, 2017 10:50 AM
Aug 2013
Kujou_Kurisu said:
shit i didn't understand anything from the beginning of s1

well, the kiss scene is satisfying tho. They need to make an episode where all girl's, or rather everyone remembered that the monster they summoned is actually kotarou, and kotarou could live happily? or maybe no? i don't know. just hoping here.

well, finally everything is done, and everything pretty much enjoyable.
7/10 form me.

Actually Kotori, Akane and anyone who knew him enough in Terra may recognize him later on, but especially Kotori and then she can tell everyone and they would know that is Kotarou. And Kagari totally knows that is him no matter how he looks, so his happiness is pretty much guaranteed.
Mar 27, 2017 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
Man I can't stop crying out of sadness even after finishing it. But anyways... the finale was pretty good, albeit rushed and it omitted lines and such from the VN... I didn't mind it, the other half was pretty much worth of a wait since that's the scene that broke me... and even then, it still did, if not worse... considering I have this shame with my cries for Rewrite and then I sang and cried while singing Canoe... OUT OF NOWHERE.

But a pretty good conclusion and closeup, although there are jumps in this second season but not as much compared to S1 which was extremely jumpy. I think I felt ticked off a bit with Episode 10 the most but then again it's more like I didn't got bugged much about it. There are few unanswered questions, things could have been better through, but all in all I'm satisfied.

If I can give the season anything would be an 8.5/10 (which why it says a 9 for me), while the entirety would be like a 7.5. Since S1 was around a 5.5/10 (which is like a 6 I guess). Other than that I'm pretty much opened for a remake (if there is any sometime, highly doubt it), but with this I'm satisfied with it in the end of the day.
Mar 27, 2017 12:21 PM
Feb 2015
Man don't know what to write, many people saying the adaption is badly done i wonder if the adaption was done by better studio? or maybe even the anime of this didn't existed lol.
While the season 1 was terrible ( even though it had potential to be good atleast)
But when i saw that season 2 will be airing this season i wasn't really looking forward to it, but somewhat i was expecting that lets just forgot s1 as there will be a new timeline a new start, i was well confused most of the time lol since start of s2
nonetheless its better than season 1 and i solidly rate it 6 out 10

Its sad to see that all season 1 character don't have any clue about our MC and what has he been through in order to save them and, does kotaru remember himself? or he;s just blank now? what happened to Kagari now? while the kissing scene was great but was it all imagination? cuz he was back to 15yo self
Mar 27, 2017 1:11 PM

May 2010
I quite liked the 2nd half. Esp dat scene with them in high school uniform was good. The very last scene was eh tho.

Hmmm. 6.5 I guess. Idek.
Mar 27, 2017 4:38 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah I still dont understand anything.

6/10 tho for the loli's
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

95 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.