Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2017 4:08 PM

Feb 2008
Probably my favorite show of the season that is ending. One of these guilty pleasures of every season.

It's not that good, but it entertains me to a level that I end up having a stupid grin on my face. Both Aki and Masamune are good characters, carried by their good voice actors. I wanted Masamune to become the real ikemen of the show, but his insecurities and doubts made him inconsistent while trying to conquer Aki.

Koiwai was a good character. As for the rest of the cast, AIC Build tries to make them matter, but at the end it's only about Aki and Masamune. Still don't know where the fatty came from. Good ending. Hope it gets another season soon.

Liked the show. 7/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 23, 2017 4:13 PM
Feb 2017
PD: Sorry, I'm late. No worries guys I'm in!

1. On This Episode, Masamune has fever and came to Mari. That ended badly.

2. In a Karaoke room was great, And The Opening of Hadapure Is Really Perfection!!! I loved this song! In a Duet Mari Mizuno and Kojuurou Shuri sang very perfect!

Good Job Guys!!!! (10/10)

3. At the end of the part, They ended the happy endings but with a kiss but I change an ice cream in the mouth.

PD: (It was a spoiler)

It was Good on this last episode.

I loved this character <3 <3 <3

Finally I watched 12 Episodes!

Completed!

I love it!!!

Good Show!
Working on the future things.

Mar 23, 2017 4:29 PM

Jun 2016
I liked the kiss, but I was hoping for more development in the story or some sort of wrap-up. The last like 4 episodes to me were not as good as the rest of the season. Too much promotion of the shows songs. Why does everyone act like Masamune-kun and the fake Masamune weren't locked up and the people, who put them in the rooms are celebrating with them? The fake Masamune should have tried to find out, who locked him up. They knew it wasn't Masamune-kun.
Mar 23, 2017 4:34 PM

Jun 2016
The use of "this character sings so bad that it makes others uncomfortable" joke in this episode really bothers me. Masamune's VA can sing well (As far as I can tell from his voice), but instead the studio screw up with a joke that's not funny at all. What a shame.

This episode is better than the previous 2-3 episodes but that's not saying much. Aki's female friends still annoys me with the attitude they have, and some scenes are going on for way too long.

This show as a whole is ok, but it'll be better if this show has 3-6 episodes more. The show went off interesting, but went downhill fast.
Mar 23, 2017 4:50 PM
Jun 2016
As an anime, this was pretty generic. This could be nice for starters and at least it had a kiss! ❤️ The karaoke scene, although funny, was unnecessary. Also, pig's foot did not get another chance for revenge!
Mar 23, 2017 5:03 PM

Jun 2008
jeez, this show started off pretty interesting but really fell apart in the second half and wow what a weak end to the last episode. Disappointing this ended up just being essentially a promotion for the manga
Mar 23, 2017 5:26 PM
Oct 2015
Well that's it the show is pretty predictable but it's kinda fun

I hope there's an ova where neko is the main love interest i mean she's the best girl in the series after all
Mar 23, 2017 5:29 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm.. The episode was not bad and I kinda enjoyed the play and karaoke but it wasn't really fit for the ending.
Everything was left so... open-ended and we were left in the middle - go read the manga message I guess?

Well, the series wasn't half bad (even though it wasn't anything special either) but without second season I can't really rate it better.

6/10
Mar 23, 2017 5:46 PM

May 2009
My God the amount of cringe I had to endure...
Mar 23, 2017 5:50 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Nothing like ending a series with karaoke. But at least we got a kiss. I half expected Gasou to come in at the last second and interrupt it.

I enjoyed the show, but that was a disappointing ending. It felt empty and that nothing was truly accomplished. I have my doubts for a second season too. Kind of a shame, I've grown to like a few characters and would love to see the revenge actually play out.

Overall I can only give it a 6/10.
Mar 23, 2017 5:53 PM

May 2015
Even though I find the manga to be an average rom-com, I still enjoyed it more than the anime. The adaptation was alright; I just found the characters and their interactions to be more annoying than their manga counterparts for some reason. The opened-ending neither bothers me nor comes as a surprise; it's just anime being anime.

Overall, it was somewhat entertaining to watch every now and then, but still pretty meh series.

3/10

P.S. I'd like an OVA only if I get to see that otaku wannabe mangaka eye-patched girl from Paris animated. If not, then don't bother.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Mar 23, 2017 5:54 PM

Apr 2013
6.5, gonna round up to 7.

I felt it would have been better as a 2-cour

Feels incomplete with 12 episodes
Mar 23, 2017 5:58 PM

Nov 2015
sigh, what a decline in quality.... I'd say no chance of a season two unless some miracle.
Mar 23, 2017 5:59 PM

May 2015
Guess it was a decent finale.

Overall, an enjoyable watch, although I prefer the manga a little bit more to be honest. It was not as good as I expected it to be. I wonder if they're going to do a second season. Guess we'll just have to wait, but I doubt it.

7/10.

Mar 23, 2017 6:09 PM

Apr 2009
Ahh I hated this last episode.. overall i'm giving 8/10 for the comedy and characters... it's sad we probably won't see a second season though I can't see this selling well.
Mar 23, 2017 6:12 PM

Jan 2017
man that was terrible to end a series and since I read up to latest chapter in manga, I thought they might skip the Paris arc and straight to conclusion lol but anyway I would still say its 7.5/10 since something was missing along the series.
Mar 23, 2017 6:13 PM

Oct 2015
This series had a decent, interesting start but only got worse as it progressed. Not terrible but a pretty average show in the end. 5/10
Mar 23, 2017 6:32 PM

Sep 2011
Cornbread78 said:
This was terrible..

Absolutely nothing was settled. NOTHING.

What garbage... It wasn't even funny enough for the comedy to carry the show down to path of self-destruction this show went.

I feel the same way. There was character development, but not enough to justify 12 episodes. The last episode beyond the first 5 minutes was a complete waste and they skipped over some very important source material. This series never grabbed my interest, but now that it's ended the only thing I feel is disappointment.
Mar 23, 2017 6:40 PM

Oct 2015
It was a good watch. I'm pretty satisfied with the series even if did end up nowhere
Mar 23, 2017 6:48 PM

Mar 2014
lol the hell was this? This doesn't deserves anything above a 5/10

The very definition of mediocre towards the last few episodes . Ave the fact they tried to play it out like something new is even more cringe

Crap characters
Crap plot
Premise fell apart
MC was decent then lackluster
Main chick needed death
Ost lackluster

4/10
TheGrandSage23Mar 23, 2017 6:52 PM
Mar 23, 2017 7:00 PM
May 2015
one of the worst anime endings i have ever seen

shockingly bad/dumb last 2 eps

zero point to adding all those new characters into the mix

zero gratification from that wack inconclusive ending

lazy ending to the sick girls sickness twist. wahhh its this horrific illness with a surgery that is extremely risky then bam shes back after successful surgery and they act like nothing happened

awful ripoff of nisekoi s1 last arc

truly dreadul and embarrassing for silver link

not sure how i should weigh this ending into my rating
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2017 7:06 PM

Sep 2015
Dam it lol. Troll ending xD. But a kiss is still a kiss even If its by mistake (not sure).
Mar 23, 2017 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
Wtf i'm supposed to say after watching this? What is this ending? What a shitty ending they did lol I was expecting much more, to be honest.
The best ending would be Masamune taking that photo that he has and show it to Aki and say "remember that fat kid? that's me", done! They could end the episode with Aki's face xD But no...

Now talking about the episode, Masamune still managed to finish the story and kiss Aki.
What happened to the fat Masamune? I mean he was supposed to stay all the time with Aki, why did he leave her lol? Weren't they supposed to marry? He just wanted to marry her and get some money because he was poor, i doubt that he would have given up so easily. Kinda stupid but anyways.

To be honest i prefer Neko much more, at first i was against her but now i am cheering for her to end with Masamune. #TeamNekoMasamune
A few episodes ago i was decided that i would give this an 8/10 but after this episode, it's a 7/10.

I don't know if there will be a 2nd season but that would be great, until that time i think i will read the manga and probably finish it.
I enjoyed this anime, i loved the art, the OP & ED were very good, loved those funny scenes and characters but that ending...

7/10, Neko best girl xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 23, 2017 7:11 PM

Dec 2013
We at least got a kiss but overall incredibly meh anime. I can't say I'll miss it.
Mar 23, 2017 7:17 PM

Dec 2016
Finally, I can beat someone at Karaoke.

I do hope there is a another season of this sometime.

I enjoyed this from start to finish.
Mar 23, 2017 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
LOL calm yo tits everyone of course it was gonna end like that i mean i knew since the eps count would never cover the whole lenght of the manga, an it ended showing the ticket to paris so i think they gonna end it with an OVA or a movie thought an OVA is most likely.

If u wanna spoil yourselves till the end go ahead what comes next is:
xMusicMohawkMar 23, 2017 7:30 PM
Mar 23, 2017 7:29 PM

Nov 2013
So I really hope this wasn't just a commercial for the manga (like many current LN/Manga adaptations), the manga is almost done so they better not tell us that there won't be a 2nd season. This episode was pretty boring and there was no character development at all, it was pointless to say the least, at the end of the day, Aki is still a bitch, Kanetsugu is a meddling asshole, there was ZERO development for Yoshino, amongst other things.

6/10 anime FOR ME. (For you avid fanboys, no, a 6 is not a bad score, it means it's just a meh/okay anime with a cool concept). I hate it when studios don't know how to adapt a story, I know they have time constraints and they also have to test the waters with content like this, thus not allowing them to extend the number of episodes, BUT if you know you just have 12 episodes to adapt something, then you should try to avoid ending your anime like this, this episode is so fucking anticlimactic, it feels like filler, it feels like something you would put in the middle, it feels like any other episode, they were building up the confrontation between Kanetsugu and Masamune and in this episode they didn't even talk to each other, there was zero pay off...anyway, I hope they adapt the rest of the manga and then maybe I will forgive them for this shit.

(EDIT: TYPOS)
Mar 23, 2017 7:31 PM

Aug 2012
Sometimes fun, mosty boring. Thats how i would talk about this anime.
Mar 23, 2017 7:49 PM

Jun 2013
Skipped all the songs. Fuck you and your blatant advertising.

Man, I probably could've just eaten a box of unsalted crackers and gotten more satisfaction than this show offered.
Mar 23, 2017 8:02 PM
Sep 2016
well the anime is slightly different than how the manga unfold maybe that's thier way how to end it but don't expect for a 2nd season cause the manga is monthly and with a filler thelast 2 release of the manga is a filler >_< imagine waiting 3 month for the continuation of the story and still not sure if its a filler or not T_T
Mar 23, 2017 8:05 PM

Jan 2015
That was a really crappy ending. I'm not sure if we'll ever see a conclusion for this, but I don't care that much anyway. Definitely below average overall.
Mar 23, 2017 8:08 PM

Oct 2012
The show had such a strong premise but it just fizzled out near the end. In fact nothing's even resolved. I found it enjoyable but wanted so much more. Even the kiss during the play was spoiled by the opening credits.
Mar 23, 2017 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
putch said:
well the anime is slightly different than how the manga unfold maybe that's thier way how to end it but don't expect for a 2nd season cause the manga is monthly and with a filler thelast 2 release of the manga is a filler >_< imagine waiting 3 month for the continuation of the story and still not sure if its a filler or not T_T
What does the filler the last two months have to do with a second season? Absolutely nothing.
Mar 23, 2017 8:38 PM

Jul 2014
It's over and i must say that i enjoyed it a lot ^^

The karaoke part felt like a filler but i liked.

Something funny about this episode is that Adagaki completely forgot about Gasou xD
Mar 23, 2017 8:49 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Well, they let the door open for an ova or a second season, check the last scene paper.

Jan 2016
i heard s2 is iin 2018 ? is it true
Dec 2015
Possible for a season 2 anyone?
Mar 23, 2017 8:55 PM

Feb 2016
WHAT A SHIT shit shit ending. Where's masamune revenge?
Mar 23, 2017 9:01 PM

May 2014
If there is something worse than having a predictable and cliche end.... is not even having an end, be real revenge or fall in love, but nothing happened.

Wow... Just... Wow. This serie continues to surpass itself in mediocrity. Well, at least I can't say it was not an "interesting" experience.
Rhapsody-Mar 23, 2017 9:15 PM
Mar 23, 2017 9:05 PM
Sep 2016
ECW28 said:
putch said:
What does the filler the last two months have to do with a second season? Absolutely nothing.

aren't they adopting the manga? even if they make a 2nd season how long will it take if its a monthly manga + filler
or maybe you don't know how much they cover from the manga... well they cover almost everything except for a few chapter
putchMar 23, 2017 9:17 PM
Mar 23, 2017 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
let me get this straight...in the beginning Glasses follower is angry that her class's play was getting sabotaged yet they were the one trying very hard to sabotage the other class? hypocrites amuse me

i really hate Aki's followers. well...i feel the same way as Master at the end.
Mar 23, 2017 9:21 PM

Dec 2016
Hmm seems like they left a lot unanswered. Maybe there will be another season. Wasn't a specifically fantastic show, but I would watch another season. Somewhat for Yoshino. Mostly for Yoshino. Yah pretty much only for Yoshino.

Wish Makabe would just go out with Neko. Thatd wrap it all up nicely....
Mar 23, 2017 9:47 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well it was alright. Had my fair share of laughs but overall I was a bit let down. I wanted to see some sweet revenge. Nonetheless it was still a fairly likable show, hope for season 2.

TEAM NEKO
That duet was so good, and catchy.
Did the dwarfs really step on Masamune in the end lol

7/10 for me.

Mar 23, 2017 9:52 PM
Dec 2014
Was overall enjoyable, had many laughs, also I was afraid of potential NTR but reading the spoiler eased that worry. 7/10. I really dont like dumb narcissistic MC's.
Mar 23, 2017 9:55 PM

Oct 2012
Unless this gets a sequel, I won't be impressed by this at all.

The anime ends in the middle of that disgusting character's arc ugh.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Mar 23, 2017 10:18 PM

Dec 2013
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Best part was Neko singing because her VA is Mimorin (same VA as Umi from Love Live! and her singing voice is really good)... Anyway 6/10 just like the manga.

And also not forgetting Aki's VA who voices Uzuki in Idolmaster CG, which made the duet so much more worth making!

Anyway, pretty okay adaptation tbh. Doubt there's going to be a second season though.
Mar 23, 2017 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
Loved the play and that kiss! I was super excited to see that moment animated and it was better than I had imagined.

I thought the random inclusion of the karaoke scene felt a bit out of place and this could've been used BEFORE the festival started but I guess that's fine. I wasn't so upset that they put this on cause I wouldn't want to wait for the Aki and Neko duet next season.

3/5- For the finale. Happy to see that Snow White kiss be animated after waiting for a while. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either with how this season ended that way. I'd rather have it end on Aki in the classroom part because I think that would be pretty interesting. The changes from the manga didn't effect it too much either. I can see that they can include the classroom moment with Aki and Fatty in the next season.

8/10- For the series...cause I live for this kind of stuff. Yoshino and Aki made this show very enjoyable. Makabe eventually made me a fan of him, but it did take quite a bit.

Really hoping for a season 2 simply because of the other half of the manga is far more entertaining than this first part. You get a lot of backstory, revelations and drama. Also that Paris chick (I can't remember her name) is pretty entertaining.
TehSnawnMar 23, 2017 10:23 PM

Mar 23, 2017 10:22 PM

Dec 2012
When is the Season 2?

Mar 23, 2017 10:22 PM

Jan 2013
With such an open ending, how could there not be a second season. So lame.
7.5/10 as a whole, so much left unresolved.
Mar 23, 2017 10:31 PM

Feb 2014
Well, that was a super abrupt ending. I guess it makes the show easier to let go of at least, because I quite enjoyed it. Episode 12 was the only one I found to be guilty of being 'generic' at all. The rest was enjoyable comedy with a good mix of actual story to go along with it. If there is a season 2 I'll be all over it. If not, well, manga here I come...

Oh, and they totally gave Gasou away in this episode. That manga spoiler isn't even a spoiler if you're paying attention ;)
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.