Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 11, 2017 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
I'm sorry but you're fake and gay for not liking Holo
baahh.
Aug 11, 2017 4:09 PM

Sep 2016
Yes, A LOT, but she doesn't stop being a good character.
Aug 11, 2017 4:09 PM

Jun 2011
STIWeeb said:

Please apologize. I am always honest, never lying. And I don't know who in the right mind would call me gay. I don't think I said anything offensive while I was expressing my opinion. There's nothing wrong with expressing your opinion. Maybe you need to go see a therapist and learn to accept peoples' opinions.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Aug 11, 2017 4:39 PM

Jun 2016
pinkarray said:
STIWeeb said:

Please apologize. I am always honest, never lying. And I don't know who in the right mind would call me gay. I don't think I said anything offensive while I was expressing my opinion. There's nothing wrong with expressing your opinion. Maybe you need to go see a therapist and learn to accept peoples' opinions.

Now you're trying to apologize for your shit taste and blame me

RUTHLESS
baahh.
Aug 11, 2017 5:07 PM

Jun 2011
STIWeeb said:
pinkarray said:

RUTHLESS

I am not being ruthless! Crap taste does not make someone a bad person. I'm sorry, Holo is just not my type of girl. I prefer girls who are really virtuous, laid-back, cool (and what I mean by that is calm) and maybe demure. I'm not saying that they have to have no flaws, but these are the kind of traits I want in a character and their flaws have to be few. If Lawrence was Holo's brother and she had a few conflicts with him, then that may be okay, as long as she's still a saint, laid-back, cool, and very demure. Also, Holo gets no repercussions for her actions and that's what turns me off from the series. Lawrence was too passive with her and did not address her behaviors from what I seen from the two. Lawrence didn't even place her in therapy, which I think he probably should've done.

Holo is pretty cruel, abusive, manipulative and egotistical and I think she would've been better off as an antagonist. She is a terrible person and these are all qualities I really hate in a character.

You don't have to attack me just because I don't like some silly cartoon character that you like. She's just a freaking cartoon character! Not everybody is going to like a fictional work!
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Aug 11, 2017 5:17 PM

Apr 2015
pinkarray said:
Message to all of you fans, what is there to like about Holo? She is unlikeable because of her immature, sassy, flirty demeanor. Stop belittling people for not liking her! It makes sense to not like her because of her behaviors! What about a more easy-going lead character? Those characters are much better than an annoying little 14-year-old girl like Holo!
Hmm for me, Holo is likeable because of her sassy and flirty demeanor. but feel free to dislike if these type of personality isn't your type (The same reason of why I dislike Tatami Galaxy, I can never get to calm stoic girls)
Aug 11, 2017 5:40 PM

Sep 2014
You said:
pinkarray said:
Message to all of you fans, what is there to like about Holo? She is unlikeable because of her immature, sassy, flirty demeanor. Stop belittling people for not liking her! It makes sense to not like her because of her behaviors! What about a more easy-going lead character? Those characters are much better than an annoying little 14-year-old girl like Holo!
Hmm for me, Holo is likeable because of her sassy and flirty demeanor. but feel free to dislike if these type of personality isn't your type (The same reason of why I dislike Tatami Galaxy, I can never get to calm stoic girls)

What does the girl have to do with liking or dilsiking Tatami Galaxy.
She's not even 1% of the show, her personality is irrelevant to the show. You're focusing on completely wrong things mate.
Aug 11, 2017 5:45 PM

Apr 2015
Imaishi said:
You said:

She's not even 1% of the show, her personality is irrelevant to the show. You're focusing on completely wrong things mate.
Well sorry but because of what you said of she being less than 1% of the show, I failed to see her as the embodiment of opportunity as the fortune teller said. Opportunity has to be something you like to a certain extent for me :(
Aug 11, 2017 6:15 PM

Jun 2011
You said:
pinkarray said:

I haven't seen Tatami Galaxy. I just don't like kuuderes because kuudere is an archetype and they're characters who usually don't react to situations the way a human being would react and they can be pretty passive, too. Not to mention, they're usually cold and anti-social and I don't like those type of characters.

By the way, what's the girl's name that you are referring to?

Aug 11, 2017 6:17 PM

Apr 2015
pinkarray said:
You said:

I haven't seen Tatami Galaxy. I just don't like kuuderes because kuudere is an archetype and they're characters who usually don't react to situations the way a human being would react and they can be pretty passive, too. Not to mention, they're usually cold and anti-social and I don't like those type of characters.

By the way, what's the girl's name that you are referring to?
https://myanimelist.net/character/31522/Akashi?q=akashi
Aug 11, 2017 6:24 PM

Jun 2011
Imaishi said:
You said:

She's one of the main characters so she probably makes up like at least 60% percent of the show.

Aug 11, 2017 6:27 PM

Aug 2017
Yoooo!!! Don't diss my girl Holo. She is a very unique character.

Aug 11, 2017 6:44 PM

Jun 2011
NarukamiSlayer said:

That guy in your avatar is more unique than she is.

Aug 12, 2017 9:11 AM

Aug 2017
pinkarray said:
NarukamiSlayer said:

That guy in your avatar is more unique than she is.

@pinkarray Why, thank you!

Aug 12, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2016
pinkarray said:
STIWeeb said:

RUTHLESS

I am not being ruthless! Crap taste does not make someone a bad person. I'm sorry, Holo is just not my type of girl. I prefer girls who are really virtuous, laid-back, cool (and what I mean by that is calm) and maybe demure. I'm not saying that they have to have no flaws, but these are the kind of traits I want in a character and their flaws have to be few. If Lawrence was Holo's brother and she had a few conflicts with him, then that may be okay, as long as she's still a saint, laid-back, cool, and very demure. Also, Holo gets no repercussions for her actions and that's what turns me off from the series. Lawrence was too passive with her and did not address her behaviors from what I seen from the two. Lawrence didn't even place her in therapy, which I think he probably should've done.

Holo is pretty cruel, abusive, manipulative and egotistical and I think she would've been better off as an antagonist. She is a terrible person and these are all qualities I really hate in a character.

You don't have to attack me just because I don't like some silly cartoon character that you like. She's just a freaking cartoon character! Not everybody is going to like a fictional work!

EVEN CALLING HER AN ANTAGONIST

YOU MUST'VE BEEN SENT BY SATAN

Girl you not only have shit taste you also don't know how to spot a troll or how to deal with them...
baahh.
Aug 12, 2017 11:10 AM

Jun 2011
STIWeeb said:
pinkarray said:

Girl you not only have shit taste you also don't know how to spot a troll or how to deal with them...

You need to stop worshipping Holo so much. I'm not saying you should stop loving her but just stop taking her so seriously, man. She is no saint and acting like she's a cinnamon roll and expect her to be protected at all cost. She is not the sweetest anime character ever created. There are many flaws to her personality like she can be evil and rude.

I think you need to calm down. It does not do you any good to defend an anime character ridiculously and fight with someone for not liking something that you like. Not everyone is going to like the same thing, that is not how the world works and you need to accept that. I could see Holo annoying people because of her mean personality.

Aug 12, 2017 11:27 AM

Jun 2016
pinkarray said:
STIWeeb said:

You need to stop worshipping Holo so much. I'm not saying you should stop loving her but just stop taking her so seriously, man. She is no saint and acting like she's a cinnamon roll and expect her to be protected at all cost. She is not the sweetest anime character ever created. There are many flaws to her personality like she can be evil and rude.

I think you need to calm down. It does not do you any good to defend an anime character ridiculously and fight with someone for not liking something that you like. Not everyone is going to like the same thing, that is not how the world works and you need to accept that. I could see Holo annoying people because of her mean personality.

Read the last line it has a reason I put it there
baahh.
Sep 17, 2017 6:27 AM
Sep 2017
pinkarray said:
STIWeeb said:

RUTHLESS

Aren't you over exaggerating this a bit? I get it you don't like her, but wouldn't it be better just not to post it? After all all your going to get is a lot of backlash and hate from the community. Why not just address what you like about the show rather than hate? And besides your making holo seem a lot worse than who she really is.
Zhantos2988Sep 17, 2017 6:51 AM
Sep 17, 2017 10:08 AM

Jun 2011
Zhantos2988 said:
pinkarray said:

Aren't you over exaggerating this a bit? I get it you don't like her, but wouldn't it be better just not to post it? After all all your going to get is a lot of backlash and hate from the community. Why not just address what you like about the show rather than hate? And besides your making holo seem a lot worse than who she really is.

The only scene that I remember liking from the show was when Holo howled at the beginning. And I guess the scene in episode 4 where she told Lawrence that she didn't want to be alone and Lawrence hugged her. I just think Holo's a jerk.

Apr 29, 2018 7:46 AM
Jan 2018
I gradually became annoyed with Holo too. She's supposedly a wise goddess, the mysterious woman type, however her mystery is not of a goddess, not even of an adult, but a teenage girl. I'm sure this is what actually makes her attractive to viewers yet for me it's just a false advertising. I kept thinking: "Quit putting performance over your shallow insights! You don't actually say anything of value."

GribnoyElphMay 1, 2018 6:53 AM
Aug 17, 2018 2:39 AM
Sep 2017
Whole anime is waaaay overrated
Aug 17, 2018 2:58 AM

Apr 2016
Whole anime is not overrated, you should watch it OP.
Oct 15, 2020 11:21 AM
Aug 2020
How dare you to say Holo is over ratee😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬
Oct 24, 2020 5:17 AM
May 2020
-Ayu said:
First of all: Not everybody needs to like Holo.I really like Holo but I don't judge anyone who doesn't like her.If pinkarray don't Holo,it's her own taste.Everyone has their own taste and don't need to like the same thing.
I think Holo is a pretty smart character and even more realistic than ofter female characters.I wouldn't say Holo is that overrated.Maybe a lot of people love her but that's their own thing.

Well said.
I can see why people like and dislike her. She acts immature and flirtatious, which might drove some people off.
But personally, I really like her as a character. Her wit and her interaction with Lawrence is really enjoyable for me.
FrostedPotatoOct 25, 2020 12:15 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
May 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
May 13, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.