Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2017 10:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm I'm glad to see some cameos from the other main female characters in particular Tsuneki.

Otherwise, I think the episode did a decent job at giving some other minor characters a spotlight. Kyouko's role didn't impress me much as I had hoped. Maybe she's just too straightforward. I do find her and Kamita's relationship/character chemistry to be cute still.
Mar 9, 2017 10:48 AM

Apr 2010
So there are some issues along to road to a Xmas date.
Well the love hotel part was funny but it seems neither of them is ready for that.
Still the sempai helping out it nice.
Hibiki isn't very helpful tho.
Mar 10, 2017 11:12 AM
Dec 2016
Hikari... you're so... you dissapointed Kioko. And do it intentionally, you fool (((
Mar 10, 2017 5:57 PM

Jul 2014
Every time Tsuneki appears I remember how good her arc could have been :'(

Anyway I like Kyouko and thanks God there are no awkward conversations between the two.
Mar 10, 2017 6:28 PM

Sep 2016
I wonder, was the phrase about heat around 17:20 a Fate/Stay Night reference?
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Mar 10, 2017 8:37 PM

Jun 2015
Hikari getting embarrassed when she saw the love hotel was amusing. Shouichi was unsuccessful asking Kyouko out. She asked Hikari for advised, but it didn't go well.
Mar 10, 2017 9:24 PM

Jun 2013
The Kyouko x Shouichi pairing is definitely my favorite. I loved her cosplay *^*

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 10, 2017 11:03 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Loving Kyouko even more, that cosplay was so good. <3
Kyouko and Shouichi had some good chemistry this episode, loved their interactions.

It was funny when Hikari got called out for cooking deer and when she got embarrassed on seeing the love hotel.

Shouichi's attempt to ask Kyouko out was unsuccessful. :(
I don't know how, but why did everyone assume that the Hikari's little facade at the end was reference to Shouichi. Well, I'm glad Kyouko didn't believe it completely.

Meanwhile, Ikuo got himself a girlfriend. xD
Mar 10, 2017 11:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really starting to warm up to this girl more and more with each episode....I love how caring she is for Shouichi
Mar 11, 2017 12:19 AM

Mar 2016
Kyouko is not that bad, she is a fine girl to the addition. To bad some people jumped ship early but nothing can really save this show from flopping anyways so it is what it is.
Mar 11, 2017 1:02 AM

Jul 2012
After each new episode Tsuneki's role keeps growing, i feel like she is the true mc =/ And i think comedy part this time was quite good, and Tsuneki was big part of it. I'm starting to like her more, interesting that it's happening when her arc is over.
Usually there is a dense for the romance part mc, but this time it is the other way, well not that bad, but Kyoko showing some signs.
Mar 11, 2017 1:20 AM

Jul 2016
Gosh...Seiren is still weak af.
Boring characters and plot.

I miss arcs like Nanasaki or Morishima.:(
kirasykesMar 12, 2017 11:33 PM
Mar 11, 2017 2:39 AM

Aug 2013
"your're more like a nice girl next door"
I feel you kamita I feel you

Tsuneki appeared i every episode so far a lot of focus on her

"Why do boys get so horny around Christmas eve? " - Anyone knows?

Mar 11, 2017 5:37 AM

Nov 2015
They gave the minor characters some screen time and it was cool that they did.

Mar 11, 2017 7:05 AM

Dec 2014
ok I liked where this is going...Kamito finally had guts to ask out.. I like how it was so unnerving all of a sudden..
Mar 11, 2017 7:55 AM

Jun 2012
I was looking forward to Kyoko's arc but this just feels bad. Everything about it is just a cringefest.
Hikari keeps showing up and reminding me how much better her arc was.
Mar 11, 2017 8:03 AM

May 2015
Damn it, Kyouko is seriously cute and adorable.

Mar 11, 2017 10:20 AM

Sep 2013
Looks like Hikari overshadows Kyouko in her own arc!!!! Too bad her arc was limited to summer-camp only.

So Sho-chan went to check up on Kyoko fitting in her club suddenly after 3 months, and he seems quite friendly with her clubmates, but still awkward around other girls.
Mar 11, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2012
The part where Kyouko seeing Kamita confronting Ikuo through the window would probably play an important part in a different arc.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 11, 2017 10:59 AM

Apr 2015
best arc until now imo
I really love the childhood friends thingie
Mar 11, 2017 11:35 AM

Oct 2014
best arc by far, so far

Now this is the Amagami SS I knew!
Realistic vibe but still novelty-enough romance.
Mar 11, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2015
Lol Tsuneki blushing like that was so kawaii. I hope Ikuo ends up with Mako <3
Best girl in my opinion was Tooru :3 but why isnt she making her appearance since her arc. Tsuneki made an appearance in her and now Touno's arc. That one time when Miyamae Senpai was mentioned in tsuneki arc doesnt count.
Mar 11, 2017 6:21 PM

May 2012
Misunderstanding crisis avoided! Kyouko, you're the best for seeing through that; she really understands Kamita but I guess that's to be expected since they've known each other for so long.

Definitely enjoying Kyouko's are the most, so I hope it continues that way for the last two episodes.

Mar 11, 2017 6:42 PM

May 2015

No one else is bothered by the fact that the 2 guys wrestle with each other on Christmas eve? WTF?!

allenjke said:
After each new episode Tsuneki's role keeps growing, i feel like she is the true mc =/ And i think comedy part this time was quite good, and Tsuneki was big part of it. I'm starting to like her more, interesting that it's happening when her arc is over.
+1

ibraheem234 said:
ok I liked where this is going...Kamito finally had guts to ask out..
This...
Mar 11, 2017 6:51 PM

Aug 2015
Where's the cringey Shouichi scenes I came here to expect. Is this really Serien? /s

Seriously though, this arc has been great so far. Please don't screw this one up.
Mar 11, 2017 7:10 PM
Jan 2017
This episode was a bit slow, the chemistry between Shoichi and Kyoko didn't evolve much beyond typical confusion and childhood memories. Still, I'm glad to see the other members of the Home Ec get some spotlight. Also, Hikari returns to have a role in the new story arc, making me wonder about her overall role in the series. Maybe Tooru will have a part as well? Who knows.
Mar 11, 2017 8:43 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
I like Kyoko a lot more after this episode, especially how's she's started trying to grow up in some ways but occasionally some immature facets of her personality still can be seen briefly here and there. And if it wasn't apparent before, this episode makes it clear just how much of a faker Hikari actually is.

I'm prob the only person who noticed this, but Kyoko knits continental style. And the animators did a really excellent job showing her knitting, with the yarn tensioned well and all that. Ok, so nobody really cares, but just wanted to say I'm happy that they actually showed someone knitting relatively correctly. {Edit: Oops. I said that, and then I realized that she's moving stitches from right needle to left needle and holding yarn in front. So unless she's knitting backwards (like some people do to avoid purling), it's totally wrong.}

Seriously, though... where's the hidden Ikuo route?! After not one but two references to "play wrestling" and then a wall slam, I need to see an Ikuo route! 😝
kyoudaiMar 11, 2017 8:47 PM
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Mar 11, 2017 8:51 PM
Apr 2013
Tsuneki really caused a lot of problems this episode. I really want pancakes now as well.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Mar 12, 2017 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
L E W D, but I like it.
Mar 12, 2017 12:40 AM

Jul 2014
Well, Tsuneki certainly caused a lot of issues and misunderstandings in this episode, but at this point I'm more interested in that confrontation that was shown between Shouichi and Ikuo, which with any luck will be explained next week.
Mar 12, 2017 3:54 AM

Jan 2016
it's sad that Tooru restricted to her arc. also in my opinion this arc (kyoko) is the best so far
Mar 12, 2017 4:36 AM

Mar 2009
What in the hell at that Deer/Reindeer conversation near the end.
Mar 12, 2017 5:05 AM
Jun 2016
Kyouko is just so adorable and caring to Shouchi. She's cute, cooks, cosplays and is just all around perfection. Forget about trying to date her, go straight for marriage! That comment about using character-themed underwear to make decorations for the kids and her senpai's suggestion about flashing her panties (and Kyouko's naive reaction) were quite amusing.

Looks like some speed bumps on the road to the Christmas date. Kyouko's comments about Shoichi being a coward seemed a bit harsh (I know she's only saying it out of jealousy and she doesn't really mean it). I wonder who the guy asking every girl out for pancakes really was? Also, what was she knitting with such determination at the end? All in good time I guess.

Hikari has had such a prominent role in the arcs after hers. Feels like they're trying to pour salt in the wound. Sanjo Ruise (committee chairman) feels like a reverse Ayatsuji from Amagami (she might actually be really sweet) but we probably won't find out until her arc (if that ever happens).

I also like the small references they make to the other arcs (for example the heater that Shoichi tripped over in Tooru's arc).
dqtl74Mar 12, 2017 5:30 AM
Mar 12, 2017 5:33 AM

Aug 2014
at least we got so much of Tsuneki :)
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 12, 2017 6:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
If anything, this arc proves that Hikari is unlikable.

Kyouko is such a sweet girl and i like that she and Shouichi get along so well. This feels natural.
Mar 12, 2017 9:47 AM

Nov 2016
Only want to say, Kyouko is the best girl... I hope the ending will be happy ending, not like the first arc.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Mar 12, 2017 3:15 PM

Apr 2012
I think we're in for a tradgic ending.
Clue: Observe the op credits, you'll notice at the end of Kyouko's montouge her back is turned and she's fading in slow motion while zooming to her lips like she's about to say something important but couldn't.
Janethan23Mar 12, 2017 3:50 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.

To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 12, 2017 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
Still enjoying the show, but not liking this arc much at all. If it wasn't for the cameo's and the Home EC Club's banter, I'd for sure dropped it. I didn't really like Miyamae's arc either in the beginning, but that one grow on me quickly (aided by the formidable ED "Muteki no Megami"). Kyoko's just feels cringey to me. I guess it really is personal though, as I see so many here liking it the best so far, and disliking Tsuneki.

Stark700 said:

----------------------------------------
Hmm I'm glad to see some cameos from the other main female characters in particular Tsuneki.

It's just another episode which establises Tsuneki as the absolute end-game boss.

It even looks more like people are requesting audiences with her during lunch.

Smudy said:
If anything, this arc proves that Hikari is unlikable.

Why? She probably didn't know Kyoko had been asked out by Kamita, so her remark about a guy asking all the girls for pancake dates might not have been intended to cause harm.

I wonder who the real pancake culprit is though, I'm guessing it's Nanasaki after he got turned down. It would explain why Kamita seemed to be scolding him.

dqtl74 said:
Sanjo Ruise (committee chairman) feels like a reverse Ayatsuji from Amagami (she might actually be really sweet) but we probably won't find out until her arc (if that ever happens).

I do hope so, and I also do hope she does not turn out to be really sweet. It would be interesting to see Kamita try to date a pure hard-boiled woman (>.<)
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 12, 2017 6:02 PM
Mar 2017
It was a nice episode. Learnt a lot about the various characters.

• Tsuneki is a compulsive liar. I hope it comes back to bite her.
  • Ruise has to deal with shit like the Home EC every day, no wonder why she's so uptight.
  • Shiori was not a good president
  • Neither are the clone girls at their jobs. Also half-assing requests from other clubs.
  • No-one knows anything about romance
  • Moe-nee's advice from the last episode is the best advice given so far
  • Kyouko still feels like a child, getting flustered with Love Hotels, as is Tsuneki.
  • Kyouko will have to go through a lot more trouble fixing up Shouchi's broken heart, thanks Tsuneki!
  • Shouchi manning up, too bad Kyouko didn't expect his internet browsing history to pop up.
  • Ikuo ditching Shouchi and Inago Mask for his crush. Expected, but didn't have to say that spending time with a girl is more enjoyable.
Mar 12, 2017 6:40 PM

Apr 2013

Goodness gracious...someone put Shouichi on suicide watch.
Mar 12, 2017 10:41 PM

Jan 2011
kirasykes said:
Boring characters caracter and plot.

So very true. Will end up being the most disappointing factor with this show is the absolute crap romantic set ups and nearly every scene of dialogue. But the silver lining, makes me really want to rewatch Amagami.
Mar 12, 2017 11:23 PM

Apr 2012
IZEROII said:
kirasykes said:
Boring characters caracter and plot.

So very true. Will end up being the most disappointing factor with this show is the absolute crap romantic set ups and nearly every scene of dialogue. But the silver lining, makes me really want to rewatch Amagami.

Now that you mentioned it, I did rewatch Amagami a couple of times to see the references connect and what I've summed up is that Amagami is better put together than Seiren convincingly hands down. So far it's not even close.

Mar 12, 2017 11:41 PM

Jul 2016
Janethan23 said:
IZEROII said:

Now that you mentioned it, I did rewatch Amagami a couple of times to see the references connect and what I've summed up is that Amagami is better put together than Seiren convincingly hands down. So far it's not even close.

Amagami SS is a masterpiece with those likable characters.Every arc was interesting and i felt in love with every girl. I know it's hard to make another omnibus masterpiece but srsly...It's very disappointing :/
Mar 13, 2017 1:29 AM

Jan 2017
Tsuneki seems better as a side character than a main one but.. sanjou... give me more sanjou!! Where's the 2nd cour announcement?? Dun tell me its like Fate Illya.. at the end of episode 12.. we'll have a 'See you in Summer 2017!'

I kinda like the similarities between the Seiren and Amagami childhood friend arc... tea ceremony club.. home econ club.. always 3 girls.. damn.. even the sempais look the same.. both take advantage of the heroine.. heroine does cooking and gets the MC to try it her food.. wears the same kimono.
Mar 13, 2017 5:49 AM
Jun 2016
kirasykes said:
Janethan23 said:

Amagami SS is a masterpiece with those likable characters.Every arc was interesting and i felt in love with every girl. I know it's hard to make another omnibus masterpiece but srsly...It's very disappointing :/

Agreed wholeheartedly. Even girls I didn't particularly like had arcs that were enjoyable to watch. And Juinchi is a much better protag. Kyouko's arc is the only one so far that is even comparable to Amagami (in my opinion). The pacing of Seiren sucks and the romance is very poorly developed. I don't really have high hopes for the rest of the arcs but I'll watch them anyway because that girl from the elite school interests me.
Mar 13, 2017 8:01 PM

May 2015
the plot they chose this time is rather boring
Mar 14, 2017 1:34 PM
Mar 2016
Well, we don't get to see any panchira, but seeing Kiyoko in her coplay outfit is enough, so what's with her being so down anyways?
Mar 15, 2017 7:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode

Hmm so Shouichi and his sister used to spend Christmas with Kyouko and her family eh.
Wow she has to train for five years before she can bake a cake eh. I hope that Kyouko is able to fit in the club though. Lol Hikari words about venison being nice being used against her. Well Hikari has no shortage of fans that will do the hard work for her lol.
Hmm Christmas eve eh. Seems Christmas eve is a day that's pretty popular here. Hmm so Shoichi's friend's been in love with the same girl since grade school eh and was fortunate to meet her again in cram school. I guess we all have to grow up eventually. Things that may have been fun when you were little aren't so anymore. This is just one of many steps that one goes through as they grow up. Its nice that Shoichi realizes this and supports his friend. So each of these stories in the anime are self contained ones then eh.

Seems that the Public morals committee is being pretty hard on the Home EC club then.
Seems the head of the PMC is pretty strung upon on rules eh. Isn't that like blackmail though as using that will cause Shiori to get a bad report. Hmm so that Kyoko that was asleep on the sofa eh. Really didn't recognize her lol. Its nice seeing them both blush when Kyoko is having Shoichi taste her food though. Hmm so while the seniors do the decorating the first years do the baking eh. Sound fair enough. Asking Hikari to recommend a Christmas eve date plan eh. I guess love is still beyond him eh. Hikari's reaction on realizing what Shoichi was asking though was funny. Well i guess that search was surprising for both of them lol. Wow that Christmas decoration design though. That would explain the reaction of the PC chair. Lol Kyoko's idea of using underwear though.
Kyoko looks cute when she's pouting though. Pj's are made to look baggy lol. Hmm an only child though can get lonely at times though and i can why Kyoko is so envious of Shoichi who has Tomoe. Its nice that Shoichi realizes this and in the end gives her something that belongs to his but no longer fits. Lol Kyoko's reaction on seeing that hotel ad though. Kyouko seems reluctant to progress on though. Kyouko still isn't clear on how she sees Shouichi then eh. Kyokou's reaction on realizing that her seniors saw all that was pretty cute. I think even the seniors did not expect the level of questions that Kyouko could ask when she gets serious. Hmm so the adviser that they had in mind was Hikari eh. Hikari sure knows a lot about deer lol. Hmm they really have the wrong idea about Shouichi eh. But still i think Kyoko is pretty clear about her feelings for Shouichi now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2017 8:03 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Tsuneki's really been quite the main character despite not being her arc. Oh Tsuneki, her advice ended up causing a mess xD
She looks so pretty when she's blushing and I also prefer her ponytail over her hair down.

Kyoko is very fun to watch. Her expressions, her personality, indeed she's the Rihoko of this show.
Them girls should know better than to leave stuff on, Sanjo is just looking out for the students. That Christmas tree picture was hilarious. Kyouko mentioning panties xD
This arc by far is the most enjoyable.
So now it's Kyouko who has to go after Kamita and make up. Both seem honest with each other's feelings. It'll be a fun next episode.

Kamita savage when he told Kyouko he didn't want his Locust Mask PJ's drenched in Kyouko's pee xD

Mar 20, 2017 2:06 AM

Oct 2008
LOL Kyouko's innocence slowly deteriorating because she's curious and want to know why guys get horny on x-mas! lolerz!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

142 by EgatammaN »»
Jun 5, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

56 by patkarunungan »»
May 27, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

98 by patkarunungan »»
May 24, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

130 by patkarunungan »»
May 24, 3:59 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

84 by patkarunungan »»
May 22, 10:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.