Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 4, 2017 3:10 AM

Dec 2011
That's quite an open ending.Hopefully we might see another sequel since there is still many of other girls that hasn't confess yet.
Mar 4, 2017 3:15 AM
Sep 2016
I badly need that game.
Mar 4, 2017 3:28 AM

Aug 2012
there will be continuation for sure..
even last panel teases it
"our days of love trouble are set to continue"
to love ru will return under new name soon
Mar 4, 2017 3:33 AM

Jun 2016
BlueBlack37 said:
Zakokyara said:
It annoys me how Hasemi was incapable of pulling off a decent ending and opted for an open ending. It's like he's trolling us, even the Japanese fans. It further proves he is an amateurish writer who can only write guilty pleasure material.

What do you mean with ''guilty pleasure material''? To Love-Ru is a romance ecchi comedy, in my eyes it doesn't have to be very well written. The show does exactly what it intends to do.

What I mean is that the To Love-Ru franchise isn't amazing, but it's still enjoyable and is somehow addictive. While it doesn't have to be a masterpiece, I think it should be better written. One of the main problems are the anticlimaxes (such as the Darkness and Kuro arcs), the lack of change to the status quo, the unorigininality (though pretty much every 21st century anime/manga series is unoriginal, so who cares) and good ideas that are poorly exectuted. If these were fixed, TLRD would be popular for reasons other than the ecchi, much like DxD is.
Mar 4, 2017 3:52 AM

Jun 2013
didnt they say it will return under another name just as darkness ? whats the point of dragging this series on if you end it like this.
Mar 4, 2017 3:52 AM
May 2014
i have a feeling this is not over. i feel that it is going to start up again now that the darkness arc thing has ended so i am not going to hold my breath saying its over now.
just your favorite dino sailor
Mar 4, 2017 4:22 AM
Feb 2017
So guys how end original To Love-ru? I mean after how many days we learned about announces sequel Darkness?
Mar 4, 2017 4:23 AM

Dec 2016
Zakokyara said:
BlueBlack37 said:

What do you mean with ''guilty pleasure material''? To Love-Ru is a romance ecchi comedy, in my eyes it doesn't have to be very well written. The show does exactly what it intends to do.

What I mean is that the To Love-Ru franchise isn't amazing, but it's still enjoyable and is somehow addictive. While it doesn't have to be a masterpiece, I think it should be better written. One of the main problems are the anticlimaxes (such as the Darkness and Kuro arcs), the lack of change to the status quo, the unorigininality (though pretty much every 21st century anime/manga series is unoriginal, so who cares) and good ideas that are poorly exectuted. If these were fixed, TLRD would be popular for reasons other than the ecchi, much like DxD is.

That sounds plausible. It's really standard story-wise. I always like the episodic style, but a clear story arc would be nice too.

Also I think it's kinda nice that there was more talking in the last chapter instead of ecchi overload.
Mar 4, 2017 5:04 AM

Dec 2016
Since Yami also is one of the main characters in the 2nd series it's kinda disappointing to see that she only gets like 1-2 panels. I mean, her main story arc was over in volume 11 and then there was the stuff a few chapters ago, but still could have been more.
Mar 4, 2017 5:09 AM
Sep 2016
szympus11 said:
That just menas that, in universe, Rito's trouble aren't going to end. It doesn't necessarily imply a sequel.
Mar 4, 2017 5:33 AM
Jul 2013
RITO IS A FUCKING FAGGOT

Shitty ending, the first series has a better end, this fucking faggot is getting worse

And most importantly, Lala deserve better, she has more development and romantic build up than Haruna, and Haruna is your best girl? Give me a fucking break faggot!! You're lucky the MC in World's End Harem exists, if not you're the gayest faggot MC ever
Mar 4, 2017 5:43 AM

Aug 2012
Lex1979 said:
szympus11 said:
That just menas that, in universe, Rito's trouble aren't going to end. It doesn't necessarily imply a sequel.

i know but i belive that manga didn't end
Mar 4, 2017 6:25 AM
Mar 2015
I think that To love ru darkness is like an arc of its own. Like this manga focuses more on Yami since she has the darkness transformation hence, the name to love ru darkness. So my prediction is that there will be a new manga for this series in the future and this time maybe it'll focus more on other characters such as Nana or maybe even the harem plan specifically. Anyway, I'm really excited for the bonus chapters, maybe we will get a proper ending,maybe this time it really is the end.
Oh and Momo is the best waifu..
Mar 4, 2017 6:38 AM

Dec 2016
See you cucks in a year when the new serialization comes out.
Mar 4, 2017 7:12 AM

Dec 2016
Would you guys like a timeskip?

Would be cool to have some new designs for the girls. The only design change I have in mind between the first and second series is that Momo straightened her hair in ch.1.
Mar 4, 2017 7:32 AM

Oct 2008
What a garbage ending the only good thing about this chapter was that Momo finally confessed to Rito. Why the sudden shift against the harem plan? The Harem plan was what made TLR D such a great ecchi manga. And while many of you would call it an open ending its very clear that worst girl Haruna pretty much won out of nowhere. I really hope for a season 3 where we will get an actual harem ending and not this half-assed excuse for an ending.
Mar 4, 2017 7:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
BlueBlack37 said:

Would be cool to have some new designs for the girls. The only design change I have in mind between the first and second series is that Momo straightened her hair in ch.1.
Well I mean it's logical to assume that Rito wouldn't consider marrying Lala and then being able to launch the harem plan for real until he's at least graduated high school. So maybe a small time skip until the end of their HS years is closing in so that it covers their final month or two of school and then continues beyond that into Devilukean space would probably be a good idea
Mar 4, 2017 7:44 AM

Dec 2016
HaXXspetten said:
BlueBlack37 said:

Well I mean it's logical to assume that Rito wouldn't consider marrying Lala and then being able to launch the harem plan for real until he's at least graduated high school. So maybe a small time skip until the end of their HS years is closing in so that it covers their final month or two of school and then continues beyond that into Devilukean space would probably be a good idea

Yea that sounds good. Would also be cool if Rito developed some more masculine traits when getting older. Like growing 10cm or something, he is the same height as Lala.

And I always thought they would reveal at some point that he's also an alien with his ''superhuman powers''.

His personality should stay the same, it's what makes the girls like him.
Mar 4, 2017 8:42 AM

Jun 2008
Momo: "I've decided to be the Best Girl"

You already are!

Overall, we got an inconclusive ending which is more or less what I expected after reading the last chapter....Rito's "Troubles" continue and none of the girls are ready to give up.

I really, REALLY hope there is a continuation, but if we don't get one....this still goes down as the GREATEST ecchi of all time.

No one can deny Darkness did amazing things....and the ecchi was far above anything else we've seen in any other ecchi series.

(Especially the manga....all dem hidden pussies and whatnot)

Darkness goes down as one of my all time favorite manga and it will keep it's 10/10 rating.

The best thing about Darkness is that you can read your favorite chapters as you like without being tied down too much with the story.

In all seriousness, and trying to be as unbiased as I can....Momo and Nemesis made Darkness the epic ecchi manga that it was, and I think it was very appropriate for both of them to get the spotlight at the very end.

Thank you so much for this amazing series Yabuki-Sensei!

Goddammit....if this really is the end....I can't express how much I'm seriously going to miss this series.
Mar 4, 2017 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
Uoipka said:
So guys how end original To Love-ru? I mean after how many days we learned about announces sequel Darkness?

To love ru was finished on Aug 31, 2009.
News about a new spin off appeared on Jul 30, 2010. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=250642

So, almost a year.
Mar 4, 2017 10:53 AM

May 2013
Being quite honest it was a disappointing, rushed and inconclusive ending that the whole serie didn't deserve.
The lewd part with Lala was totally unnecessary, many girls seemed to get screen time just to show that they weren't forgotten in the author's head. Even at the end Rito didn't really get a hold of his feelings to decide what he would do. It basically ends how it started with the difference that another couple of girls harbor feeling for him in secret.
Hopefully and probably we get another part that has an actual and proper ending or else it will be a quite underwhelming final closure considering it may as well have been confused for any other filler chapter we commonly get if it weren't for "El Fin" at the end.
Mar 4, 2017 11:20 AM
Mar 2017
It was definitely underwhelming
Was expecting rito to agree to harem plan as it would be the most sense because I'm pretty sure half would go full yandere if rito completely denied them
It just felt like a build up to nothing
I enjoyed this a lot more than the original
The ending felt like the easy road out as it you know the open ended harem ending
Crossing my fingers extra chaps provide a proper conclusion to a good manga and series

PS ppl are saying that they might make a sequel to darkness dunno if true or not would like it to happen though🤞🤞
Mar 4, 2017 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
99% will get a sequel which makes me happy
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 4, 2017 1:17 PM

Apr 2014
This looks really rushed. I hope that there will be a new series soon. Also, why mal has 100 chapters listed?
Mar 4, 2017 1:25 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
This looks really rushed. I hope that there will be a new series soon. Also, why mal has 100 chapters listed?
All bonus chapters are included in MAL's total chapter count as a database standard
Mar 4, 2017 1:28 PM
Feb 2017
diegorogo said:
Uoipka said:

To love ru was finished on Aug 31, 2009.
News about a new spin off appeared on Jul 30, 2010. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=250642

So, almost a year.

Well. Lets hype 12345
Mar 4, 2017 5:27 PM

Aug 2011
The ending was so random i had to double check that it said "FIN." instead of "End"
Mar 4, 2017 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
Well that was a Very anti-climatic ending.. Did not feel like an ending worthy of the last volume of a series..

Feels like there's alot of story left to tell.. I hope it continues.
Mar 4, 2017 11:27 PM

Aug 2016
Give it a couple months and Rito will be back at it tripping into more pussy than we can imagine.

Still hoping for the Lala win, but at this point I'm just expecting a troll ending more than anything.
Mar 5, 2017 10:51 AM

Mar 2013
An Harem Ending is the only ending I will accept for this series.
Just hope we'll get a sequel announced
Mar 5, 2017 1:08 PM

Aug 2015
I'd be salty as fuck too if I didn't know there would be a continuation in the future.
Mar 5, 2017 9:31 PM
Jan 2016
cav said:
Give it a couple months and Rito will be back at it tripping into more pussy than we can imagine.

Still hoping for the Lala win, but at this point I'm just expecting a troll ending more than anything.

I too am still hoping for the Lala win
Mar 5, 2017 9:39 PM

Jun 2011
One part of me is happy that best girl (Momo) finally confesses her feelings. But the other part of me is furious because this is similar to the original manga ending...befitting of the title, this manga really keeps us hanging in the TROUBLED in the DARKNESS.
Mar 5, 2017 11:08 PM
Sep 2016
cav said:

[quote=grileyish_20 message=49886021]Lala already won. She made Rito fall for her, he's unable to let her go and Haruna accepted that she has to share him. She's not the number one but unlike Momo she doesn't care.
Mar 6, 2017 7:41 AM
Jan 2016
[quote=Lex1979]
cav said:

grileyish_20 said:
Lala already won. She made Rito fall for her, he's unable to let her go and Haruna accepted that she has to share him. She's not the number one but unlike Momo she doesn't care.

Yeah I guess you're right. Never thought of it like that
Mar 6, 2017 11:08 AM

Jun 2013
What was the build up for? Pick one or all of them. Not a freaking unresolved ending. Authors didn't have balls to end it properly. Disappointing to say the least.
Mar 6, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2014
Such a bad ending for such a long series.

You would think that maybe the author might give us something after following it for so long! I mean 10+ years not an easy feat following a story that lead no where. A month of anticipation for a 35+ page chapter in hopes that some progress is to be made. But atlast. This is what we were given? Idk, it's a big middle finger to the readers if you ask me.
Mar 6, 2017 11:50 AM

Mar 2015
I find it hilarious that so many people don't seem to understand this is the end of the Yami focused "Darkness" arcs.

TLR will (99% sure) continue under a different name. A name better focused on the arcs it's dealing with. As for "it's a bad ending" you've gotten Yami, Haruna, and Momo confessing their love to Rito and him assuming it'll end with a couple ending instead of harem, but Haruna (probably the biggest obstacle in a harem ending) interjecting she's fine with sharing Rito to Lala.

If that doesn't play into Momo's original plans I dunno what would.
Mar 6, 2017 12:33 PM
Sep 2016
Kelgair said:
I find it hilarious that so many people don't seem to understand this is the end of the Yami focused "Darkness" arcs.

TLR will (99% sure) continue under a different name. A name better focused on the arcs it's dealing with. As for "it's a bad ending" you've gotten Yami, Haruna, and Momo confessing their love to Rito and him assuming it'll end with a couple ending instead of harem, but Haruna (probably the biggest obstacle in a harem ending) interjecting she's fine with sharing Rito to Lala.

If that doesn't play into Momo's original plans I dunno what would.
Well, until the sequel is announced (if ever) I assume this is the definitive ending. And...darkness should have already been the serie that gave us a proper conclusion. if there will be a sequel, I'm not so confident we won't have a third open ending.
Mar 6, 2017 1:54 PM

Mar 2015
Lex1979 said:
Well, until the sequel is announced (if ever) I assume this is the definitive ending. And...darkness should have already been the serie that gave us a proper conclusion. if there will be a sequel, I'm not so confident we won't have a third open ending.

Y'know, you do what you want to complain about the series. ;) Momo's struggle with her own harem plan unresolved is a perfectly good complaint I've heard no one mention. ^^ So of course TLR is over! (can I put a more thick layer of sarcasm in text?)
Mar 6, 2017 7:57 PM
Oct 2014
Sigh....everyone is criticizing the ending, typical.

No matter what romance (harem/"multiples girls like one guy" ones particularly) manga I read, it doesn't matter what kind of ending it has, it's all the same in every forum:

There will always be a rain of criticism, cynicism, unsatisfied remarks/comments, etc. with only a tiny margin of decent/positive outlook comments in comparison.

Initially I would understand. But now.....

These days, I feel people just want to complain no matter what the outcome (sorry to those who really don't think that) unless it fits to THEIR SPECIFIC taste.

It really is true, "everyone's a critic"
Mar 6, 2017 8:01 PM
Oct 2014
bkim999 said:

No matter what romance (harem/"multiples girls like one guy" ones particularly) manga I read, it doesn't matter what kind of ending it has, it's all the same in every forum:

There will always be a rain of criticism, cynicism, unsatisfied remarks/comments, etc. with only a tiny margin of decent/positive outlook comments in comparison.

These days, I feel people just want to complain no matter what the outcome (sorry to those who really don't think that) unless it fits to THEIR SPECIFIC taste.

IF there's one romance (harem particularly) manga/anime that doesn't follow that pattern I sure like to know.
Mar 6, 2017 10:28 PM
Oct 2012
I have to say, one of the things I used to love about Japanese stories was that they eventually ended.

This should have had the grace to come up with an ending, even if immediately afterwords they decided to reopen it. Stop dragging shit out, it's a sign of bad writing.
Mar 7, 2017 12:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
bkim999 said:

I would agree, but the problem is the harem genre is almost impossible to come up with a perfectly satisfying ending for. Everyone will have their own preferences amongst who the best girl is, so the MC picking one of them will result in the fans of the other girls trashing it to no end (like Nisekoi), and leaving it at an open end doesn't please anyone because... well no one's favorite girl was picked. It is a problem without a good solution. The only real ways around this are a) do it visual novel style with every girl having her own route (which doesn't work very well in a linear medium, you have to do an Omnibus if so), or b) actually manage to come up with a true harem ending. The problem with the true harem ending is that it's almost impossible to plausibly write given how far-fetched it is and because polygamy is illegal in Japan. However, TLRD actually had the solution to both those problems so the true harem ending was a very real possibility for once. So in this particular case, people are not just disappointed because the ending was open, but because it actually could have been so much better than the norm, but it just... wasn't

Of course this is all only as long as a sequel is not announced. If/when a third series is announced, all these complaints are a non-issue again
Mar 7, 2017 4:34 AM
Sep 2016
Yes, you nailed it perfectly. To love ru has the perfect setup to give us a proper and satisfying harem ending, yet the author failed us. It seems a terrible waste of anche opportunity.
Mar 7, 2017 5:38 AM
Sep 2015
Well..... I think it was good that after some irrelevant chapters, Rito and Haruna finally confessed to each other. But I didn't think it would be the end to the series. I thought of it more as a new begining. Although, with Momo confessing to it could easly be a transition for a new title with new characters on the front line.
If the series continue and more girls confess after some time I think the order would be: (from the start) Lala, Run, Yami, Haruna, Momo, Yui, Rin, Nana, Kyouko, any other girl Hasemi-sensei brings, and for the finale Mikan.

I'm just saying. This can be a true ending as well. With the more relevant heroines having already confessed and making Rito's life chaotic and full of Ecchi ¬w¬

Btw I'm anxious to see this animated (the latest arcs (specially Yami confessing :3))
Mar 7, 2017 3:35 PM

Jun 2016
It's highly unlikely Mikan will confess. She knows romantically loving Rito is wrong, so it's something she wants to suppress as much as possible (she's also in denial with herself, I guess). If she did confess, which is unlikely, she would probably pass it off as a joke afterwards, since she likes to tease Rito (like in chapter 104, where she joked that they weren't related by blood).
Mar 7, 2017 6:26 PM
Oct 2012
Actually now that I read it and wasn't just going on guessing the Korean - I liked this ending.

Haruna won, because Rito finally confessed, Haruna shows that she is open to the harem route because she accepts Lala, so Lala wins because that was always fine with her.

Nemesis won, because she found a worthy Rival and a positive reason for living, the look on her face when she tried to taunt Momo and Momo not only stood up to it, but then transcended even her expectations was brilliant. As Nemesis said, with a blush and a smile: "that's our Momo".

And Momo won, both because she finally has a BFF (Nemesis) (she was the only girl without one) and because in the end, we all know that Rito will NEVER be able to stand up to both her and Nemesis - he's doomed, even if he tries to run away, we know that the harem ending for all is assured. Because as Momo said, she will not make anyone unhappy (and neither will Rito), so we know we will get the "happy" ending.
Mar 8, 2017 5:38 AM
Feb 2017
The ending was a bit vague like the end of To love ru (okay a lot) .But my question is " Is there going to be a sequel to To love Ru Darkness?",because if there is I'd really want to read it, this is a damn cliffhanger to me.Really hope there's more to it besides the extras >.<
Mar 8, 2017 5:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Eisnekcam99 said:
The ending was a bit vague like the end of To love ru (okay a lot) .But my question is " Is there going to be a sequel to To love Ru Darkness?",because if there is I'd really want to read it, this is a damn cliffhanger to me.Really hope there's more to it besides the extras >.<
We'll just have to wait and see. Darkness wasn't announced until about a year after the first manga ended so I wouldn't expect any potential third series to be announced for a while yet either even if it does happen
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone else think this is truly special?

IceCreamScene - Jul 12, 2022

8 by Amatsukaze24 »»
May 6, 12:06 PM

» Sequel

Radtoter - Mar 13, 2022

4 by Natsusama98 »»
Jul 19, 2022 5:48 AM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Chapter 33 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2013

42 by parkave »»
Apr 16, 2022 1:07 PM

Poll: » Best Couple Or Pair For Yuuki Rito

removed-user - Sep 15, 2021

0 by removed-user »»
Sep 15, 2021 8:03 AM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Chapter 76 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mech4nic - Feb 1, 2017

76 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Nov 5, 2020 3:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.