Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2010 12:03 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What I want to know is where did Chiba-Usa get a freakin grill when she got stranded in some island cave.

I know that there are a lot of WTF moments through out sailor moon but Im thinking this one takes the cake. LOL
Jul 23, 2010 9:38 PM

Jun 2010
She transformed Luna-P into one.

That aside, this is the maybe the second outright bad episode, and the first that's been so just because it's dumb. Poor showing!
Aug 15, 2010 3:03 AM

Oct 2008
Just.. weird. o.o

Dinosaurs?
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 4, 2011 7:52 AM
Jul 2011
I love how nobody questions the mutant Lapras that Chibiusa made friends with on the island. They just act like it's completely normal and go about their day.
Oct 13, 2011 9:57 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah, those aren't 14-15 year olds....mmmmmmmmmmmm
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2011 10:22 AM

Jun 2009
I agree it was a pretty shitty episode. Dinosaurs? No big deal, not at all.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 1, 2013 2:50 PM

Nov 2012
that episode was fckn crackers. i loved it.
May 28, 2013 8:11 AM

Oct 2008
Beach episode with dinosaurs!? That's a little confusing..
May 31, 2013 6:23 PM
May 2013
So much filler...can't take it...eyes...bleeding...*DEAD*

No, seriously, this was really obviously filler. And worse? It was BAD filler. It didn't contribute to ANYTHING. There wasn't even character development or anything. Several people dropped the ball when they allowed this storyboard to go forward @_@
Jun 20, 2013 2:59 AM

Jun 2007
The best episode of all series! 10/10, would bang
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jul 26, 2013 5:38 PM
Mar 2011
I... Actually enjoyed this episode. A lot. Yeah, it contributed nothing plotwise, yeah, it made no sense, but... Kirin was damn adorable. :I
Aug 22, 2013 11:54 PM

Jul 2008
Dinosaurs, exhausting their powers after 1 attack, own private island?

Oh there is just so much wrong here...that's terrible even by Bleach and Naruto standards of filler.
Dec 16, 2013 7:27 AM

Apr 2010
Dinosaurs <3 :D
Feb 9, 2014 2:23 PM
Mar 2013
Serena: "Every summer gets shorter and the homework gets longer"

Truer words never spoken. Especially once you're in university. I don't remember this episode before when I watched the dub version, maybe they removed it.

Seriously, this was a real awkward episode. It appears that Rei has a knack for picking strange beach spots. I remember in the first season, she choose a beach right beside a haunted mansion.
Feb 21, 2014 12:12 PM

Apr 2012
i'm about to start this series, but I can't find this episode. It seems SMC didn't bother to sub it. Or maybe they just didn't have the episode available to them. Is there another place I can find it? The completist in me needs to see it, lol.
May 6, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2007
Yeah, unlike the first series, some of the ones the english dubbed took out was kinda sad.

This one though... was just not very good, and I wouldn't have mind watching the entirety of R in english because I wouldn't have honestly missing anything ^^;

Jul 19, 2014 6:29 AM

Aug 2012
This episode was definitely one of the weirdest so far.

What I want to know is how did they get a boat???? How did Makoto learn to drive it, and is she old enough to do it on her own? Who owns the island that they are on? Why was Mars training her powers by the shore? (well maybe so she wouldn't be a fire hazard, lol)

Also dinosaurs.
May 13, 2016 1:59 PM
Sep 2007
Actually those were plesiosaurs, not dinosaurs (those were land animals). Good thing that adult one didn't attack Chibiusa, like most animal mothers would do to someone messing with their child. Then again I'm watching anime with magical girls and talking cats, maybe I shouldn't expect much logic in this...
Beside this was pretty... average filler, if you ask me.
Jul 9, 2017 9:47 AM
Nov 2015
Seems like Chibi usa is PMS-ing everyday of the month
Jul 9, 2017 10:03 AM
Nov 2015
Completely useless and causing troubles
Sep 14, 2018 12:47 AM

Mar 2017
"In the name of love and justice: Niagara attack!"

This episode was pretty funny and I love beach settings. It may have been some silly filler premise, but I thought it was pretty cool. Plus it once more proves that Mako-chan is a badass, she still goes to school but can already drive a boat! But since when are everyone's powers exhausted after only one attack? I don't remember that. They would be some sucky magical girls then if they have only one shot. :P But I guess it still works if they only need a little recharge time. To be fair, I paused the franchise for a while so I may not remember it accurately.

I am glad I picked Sailor Moon up again. I was kinda burned out on it because of the huge amount of fillers, but the truth is, even some of these fillers are better than many other anime series out there. But I think rationing it by pausing it and picking it up at a later point really works out, so I always have something fun to fall back on. Plus I won't burn myself out on the slow progress because of fillers! The next episode seems very promising though! I am curious to see what happens next.
Dec 15, 2018 1:20 PM

Jun 2015
sailor soldiers: effective even against a volcano explosion.

for a filler episode i guess it was kind of enjoyable
Jan 19, 2019 8:44 AM
Mar 2018
I actually liked this episode. Sure the fact that there are suddenly dinosaurs was weird, but it was interesting, and the bonding between it and Chibi-Usa was very cute. The ending was also very intense and some of the beach scenes were funny.
Mar 7, 2020 7:23 PM

May 2012
Ermeig said:
I love how nobody questions the mutant Lapras that Chibiusa made friends with on the island. They just act like it's completely normal and go about their day.

Do plesiosaurs not exist where you live? They're quite common in the seas of where I live.
Feb 13, 2022 2:07 PM

Dec 2020
Finally the end of the span of filler episodes, this was easily the worst one though
Feb 22, 2022 8:59 AM

Mar 2020
A pretty bizarre filler, just like the one at the beach last season. What's up with Sailor Moon beach episodes being so weird?

Feb 8, 2023 11:11 PM

Feb 2020
Try not to leave children, or anyone really unsupervised in the ocean. could get hurt.

man i wanna smash em all no cap

Mar 21, 2023 3:25 PM
Jan 2019
Honestly one of my most favorite fillers.

Tho the scenes when they saw smoke on the island, thought it was Chibiusa for a moment, but then shrugged it off, and one where Luna and Artemis sensed Chibiusa, but shrugged it off as well... those scenes weren't necessary, in fact, they made Sailor Senshi to look rather dumb. 

Either way:
Why it's not a filler - we learn than Chibiusa hates eating fish, also plot progression, Chibiusa learns to love eating fish.
Why episode is worth watching - In this episode, Sailor Moon uses Moon Princess Halation on a rock. In what other episode you can see this kind of awesomeness?
(Random rock should be added to the list of monsters Usagi has destroyed/purified with Moon Princess Halation)
Also it's worth watching because it literally has nothing to do with BMoon Clan. It's... actually very refreshing to have an adventure that is not related to the current arc enemy at all. Feels very unique.
May 14, 10:48 AM

Mar 2024
LOL the Sailor Soldiers and dinos in one episode?! I’m totally here for it!! Maybe it’s just me since its seems like most didn’t liked the episode. But especially for a filler I thought this was such ann amazing episode! So random, and so different from the storyline I can only appreciate it.

And Kirin is the cutest baby dino ever!! <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 22 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

27 by ad0rablegoat »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 14 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 20 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 15, 2010

16 by n9nzz »»
Yesterday, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 42 Discussion

Shin_Star - May 7, 2010

30 by Neemesis_2 »»
May 16, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon R Episode 1 Discussion

ukonkivi - May 11, 2009

29 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 15, 8:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.