Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2017 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A rematch between Yuya and Dennis! Holy shit, I didn't think this would happen again .
Dennis is back and pretty much like how he was before (with the addition of a mask). Their duel was entertaining imo, both Yuya and Dennis played during best. Seeing Yuya fight with his signature Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon is also classic considering how well he plays his moves.

Definitely deserved that round of applause.
Feb 26, 2017 4:06 AM

Oct 2007
I wanted a bit more.

Preview for 145 also shows a rematch. zzzz

Guess they drag it and finish it just in time before VRains is out. Perhaps i should just wait until it's all finished and then skip through it to see only the good bits, if there are any left that is.

What I expect at the end is a more detailed and better explanation of the story itself and where the arc V story fits within the yugi-verse.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2017 6:00 AM
Apr 2013
Peralisc said:

A rematch? Yuya never Dueled Shun before.
Feb 26, 2017 6:58 AM

Oct 2014
Peralisc said:
What I expect at the end is a more detailed and better explanation of the story itself and where the arc V story fits within the yugi-verse.

Arc-V is its own universe and has absolutely no connection of any sort to any other series. Even the legacy characters that appear in Arc-V are an alternative versions of themselves and not the same characters from previous series.
Feb 26, 2017 11:33 AM

Oct 2016
Much better than the recent episodes. Yes, Yuya played gimmicky continuous spells to win again, but dueling against Dennis made the duel look more amazing. The guy used Rank-Up and it was worth it.

And the moment Reiji got shocked, when he was 100% positive Yuya would use Dark Rebellion, but Yuya didn't, it was priceless.

Also, Grace's crush on Yuya, and Gloria's tsundere.

The Kaito cameo was cool.

And I liked that one moment too, when they made that one man believe in duels again.

I hope they make the next episodes worth watching as well, because if they do, it will allow Arc-V to at least end decently, and it will allow me to wash out some of the taste of bad script writing they've done so far.
Feb 26, 2017 7:05 PM

Apr 2007
Too many action cards, but that was still the best duel in a long time. And with such gorgeous animation :0

It was nice to see some other Academia characters as well
Feb 26, 2017 8:32 PM

Dec 2016
That was a great duel and it was so fun to watch.

The fun and games stop next time though.

Yuya has his work cut out big time if he wants to get through to Kurosaki.
Feb 27, 2017 2:32 AM

Feb 2013
This was better than I expected.
Dennis is more entertaining than Yuya.
The duel was great.
Feb 27, 2017 3:58 AM

Sep 2016
the hot twins <3

action cards action cards, these childish entertainment really turning me off, even though the 5 times odd eyes attack was pretty clever

how many episode left for arc v? it's hard to force myself watch these fillerish epilogue arc
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 27, 2017 6:13 AM
Sep 2012
Well we take a detour to the XyZ dimension, and see Dennis of all people. So Yuya and Dennis to bring the smile back to the people, and Dennis atoning for his sins.

Great to see Edo and his crew, the Tyler sisters and loved when the silver haired one said "hi Yuya", and Keito was there all along and didn't notice till the end and had no lines, guess they couldn't get his voice actor back.

Being carded can give you some PDSD, well a nice entertainment duel can fix that.

Yuya wins, and Dennis I guess is going to stay there and teach entertainment dueling.

Well we are step closer to bring Reria's smile back and finding Yuzu and the other girls. Anyway good episodes, it was to the point.
Feb 27, 2017 6:19 AM

Jul 2016
The duel was... actually good! After Gong vs Yuya I didn't think I'd ever enjoy ARC-V ever, thank God I was wrong.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Feb 27, 2017 10:33 AM

Feb 2016
That was Great, it's been some time since we had a duel like that.
Also, next episode better be great too! Shun deserves a good duel.
Feb 27, 2017 1:40 PM

Oct 2007
Frost190 said:
Peralisc said:

well you can say there were so damn many duels that i lost track of it ...
maybe yuya should reduel blondie from xyz dimension then, although i am not sure anymore if it was shun or yuya that dueled xyz blondie

RayofVictory said:
Peralisc said:

Arc-V is its own universe and has absolutely no connection of any sort to any other series. Even the legacy characters that appear in Arc-V are an alternative versions of themselves and not the same characters from previous series.

Highly doubt this. Unless you can offer an official citation to confirm this, i am sure the main protagonists aren't lost within the vastness of the yugioh multiverse.

Yuya is somehow connected to either main characters of yugioh or to zork, or even both.

Have you watched the arc v theory btw? It brings lots of valid points, although it could be wrong in many regards ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToJEAdnOWls
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2017 1:57 PM
Apr 2013
Peralisc said:
Frost190 said:

well you can say there were so damn many duels that i lost track of it ...
maybe yuya should reduel blondie from xyz dimension then, although i am not sure anymore if it was shun or yuya that dueled xyz blondie

RayofVictory said:

Highly doubt this. Unless you can offer an official citation to confirm this, i am sure the main protagonists aren't lost within the vastness of the yugioh multiverse.

Yuya is somehow connected to either main characters of yugioh or to zork, or even both.

Have you watched the arc v theory btw? It brings lots of valid points, although it could be wrong in many regards ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToJEAdnOWls

How do you explain Jack and Crow not knowing each other in Arc-V while they are supposed to be childhood best friends in the original 5D's series? And also Edo who is clearly from the different dimension from them while in the original GX series he is from the same world as them and supposedly several years older than them (since 5D's takes place several years after DM anime and GX).

But if you still doubt it, you can try asking some of Arc-V animators, screenwriter, and voice actors/actress through their official twitter or blogs whether Arc-V is its own universe or not. I'll give you the links of their twitter and blog accounts or I can ask them in your place if you want.
Miya190Feb 27, 2017 3:05 PM
Feb 28, 2017 2:59 AM

Apr 2012
SHOW MUST GO ON

Well that was a very fun duel! It was nice to see Dennis again.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 28, 2017 8:10 AM

Jan 2013
yuya used 4 action cards while dennis used 0 , such fun duel indeed

just end this so we can start SAO with card games VRAINS and welcome our link overlords
Feb 28, 2017 8:50 AM

Jun 2012
Damn I caught up. I was hoping it'd be over by now. Cant say I really like the direction the show is currently going in but I like the fact that its showing the aftermath of the events that occurred.
Feb 28, 2017 12:08 PM

Jul 2015
$5 the last duel will be Yuya vs. Yusho
Feb 28, 2017 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
RayofVictory said:
Peralisc said:

That might not be true ether. As Arc V explains the universe splits into 4 words. The original world may have been the Yugi-Verse. It is hard to say if that is the case or not although.
Mar 1, 2017 7:07 AM

Oct 2007
Frost190 said:
But if you still doubt it, you can try asking some of Arc-V animators, screenwriter, and voice actors/actress through their official twitter or blogs whether Arc-V is its own universe or not. I'll give you the links of their twitter and blog accounts or I can ask them in your place if you want.

Why would i want to ask them? You just presented your opinion, not theirs and not their inside knowledge of what's going on.

As for your questions, watch the theory video i've linked to.

Bill_the_Cat said:
$5 the last duel will be Yuya vs. Yusho

I believe you're right.
Mar 1, 2017 3:11 PM
Apr 2013
Peralisc said:
Frost190 said:

Why would i want to ask them? You just presented your opinion, not theirs and not their inside knowledge of what's going on.

As for your questions, watch the theory video i've linked to.

Okay, maybe not the voice actors/actresses and animators, but if it's the screenwriter and the director himself who are responsible for the story, I'm sure they can answer this question. I suggested to you to ask them so we will know for sure if Arc-V is truly connected with the previous series or is its own universe.
May 19, 2019 8:07 PM

Dec 2012
Dennis.
Shun went to Fusion dimension.
Duel!
Is that the father?
Edo.
Show must go on!
Ko-Yuya is on a card.
Reiji.
He didn't summon Dark Rebellion.
Dennis lose.
Kaito is watching.
Yuya heads to the next dimension.

Ebina episode. Dat sakuga on Dennis face.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 18, 2020 4:35 PM

Feb 2014
Grace is happy to see Yuya again.

God, I hate Dennis and his stupid, "am I good, or am I actually one of the bad guys? heh heh I'm so mysterious" characterization.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.