Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 23, 2012 7:10 PM

Sep 2011
Safe, once again. =p
Jul 23, 2012 12:01 PM

Jun 2012
The new guy reminds me of a Cyberman.... O.O
Jul 29, 2012 1:29 PM
Jul 2012
Wouw,
so late in the series a new guy
love it (:
Aug 2, 2012 11:50 AM

May 2012
Nice episode It's nice of a new character being introduced but IMO sad Misa lost her memories once again :p
Aug 24, 2012 8:37 AM

Feb 2012
seems we got another badass here,along with light.
Sep 18, 2012 2:12 PM

Jan 2012
So, new Kira again. Lights acting deserves an oscar by the way lol.

Sep 29, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
I don't see how they can even suspect Light anymore, hes done too good of a job covering himself up =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 29, 2012 7:10 PM

Sep 2012
Migami is much more of a badass compared to anyone ive see in Death Note so far ... "Delete"
Dec 17, 2012 9:41 AM

Jun 2012
DarkShards said:
I don't see how they can even suspect Light anymore, hes done too good of a job covering himself up =P.

I agree.
Feb 17, 2013 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
I loved when Ryuk said that humans are weird, but he understands people's craving of money, that they could use it to buy apples. I just wonder, was that a reference to Apple corporation.
Mar 27, 2013 4:26 PM

Mar 2013
I agree with you all, Teru seems awesome. I liked the whole "delete" thing and how his pen left a red trail.
May 9, 2013 1:03 AM

Oct 2012
No chips when writing names on death note?
Poor Misa, then she lost her shinigami eyes too?
Sure a bit interesting... But we need L :)

Vindictive said:
DarkShards said:

I agree.

My opinion, he's a bit dumb, if he could cover himself with after everyone suspecting him.. Why not covering himself before?
Just opinion :D

lovexisxaxsin said:
I miss L

You could always see him in every episode at OP
xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 12, 2013 9:49 AM
Jun 2013
The way Mikami writes reminds me of how Roy Mustang snaps his fingers lol
Jul 26, 2013 3:33 PM

Jun 2013
I liked this one. Finally it's getting exciting again. Maybe I will give the whole series 8/10 instead of 7 if it keeps this quality until the end. Because I like where this is going.
Jul 26, 2013 3:34 PM

Jun 2013
EdwardTenma said:
The way Mikami writes reminds me of how Roy Mustang snaps his fingers lol

Mikami puts an unnatural amount of energy into writing. It looks cool, though.
Aug 8, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
Okay............I'm just anticipating the end now. It's too bad I read the manga a long time ago. I know that you-know-who dies in the end :|
Nov 26, 2013 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
Mikami! :3 I like him ^^
Dec 17, 2013 1:46 AM

Jan 2013
I liked this new person. It's just that he ads another unknown part, trust is what I don't have in this guy. But I like his character.
Jan 27, 2014 11:26 PM

Oct 2013
another help to kira.

misa gets fucked around a lot with her death notes, shes lucky she recieved the life of two shinigami's otherwise she live such a short time having made the eye deal twice
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 27, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
Delete Delete! I wonder how the last 6 episodes will turn out :3
Jul 11, 2014 9:14 AM
Apr 2013
Uhhh okay slightly confused. I read all of the manga, but I forgot how this part worked out, exactly.

The most recent Death Note that Misa had was originally Rem's, right? (the one she had previously was returned to that other Shinigami). Even though she owned the book, Light held on to it so he wouldn't lose his memories, right? So what happened when she gave up her Death Note? Why didn't Light lose his memories? Do they have another?
I just now realized this, but what note was she using when trying to see Near when he escaped the building? If she held the book, then Light couldn't have had his memories.

There are 4 notes that come into play in this series... I believe. 2 from each Ryuk and Rem. One of Ryuk's is his personal one and does not get tossed around (that I know of). The second one actually came from that other Shinigami who came to retrieve it, whose name escapes me. The 2 from Rem are her personal one and the one from that other Shinigami that she saw die.
Where they all are.. I think: Ryuk has his, that one shinigami came back for his (which is the original one Light had gotten, I believe). Rem's actual Death Note now belongs to this new Kira, and the other one Rem had is in the hands of Mello? Or does Light have that one, too?

I'm so confused, lol. Of course this will probably be explained next episode.
Jul 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Nov 2013
Keera said:
Uhhh okay slightly confused. I read all of the manga, but I forgot how this part worked out, exactly.

The most recent Death Note that Misa had was originally Rem's, right? (the one she had previously was returned to that other Shinigami). Even though she owned the book, Light held on to it so he wouldn't lose his memories, right? So what happened when she gave up her Death Note? Why didn't Light lose his memories? Do they have another?
I just now realized this, but what note was she using when trying to see Near when he escaped the building? If she held the book, then Light couldn't have had his memories.

There are 4 notes that come into play in this series... I believe. 2 from each Ryuk and Rem. One of Ryuk's is his personal one and does not get tossed around (that I know of). The second one actually came from that other Shinigami who came to retrieve it, whose name escapes me. The 2 from Rem are her personal one and the one from that other Shinigami that she saw die.
Where they all are.. I think: Ryuk has his, that one shinigami came back for his (which is the original one Light had gotten, I believe). Rem's actual Death Note now belongs to this new Kira, and the other one Rem had is in the hands of Mello? Or does Light have that one, too?

I'm so confused, lol. Of course this will probably be explained next episode.
When Light's father died, ownership of the Death Note he had transferred to Light. It was then put in the safe locker, but ownership remained with Light, which means he gets to keep his memories. The Death Note Misa had was hers, Light gave it back to her because he no longer needs it for his memories.
Jul 23, 2014 12:38 PM

Jul 2013
That was awesome, didn't expect him to send the death note on to another person, I liked how he was all like "deleted" and he did make writing look super cool lol.

He's almost as hot as Light too! D:
Jul 30, 2014 2:21 PM

Jun 2014
Ehh... I'm trying to stay interested in this. I'm going to finish it up tonight, most likely. When the series started, I had no expectations but found it SUPER interesting. I liked things up until Light and Misa gave up their Death Notes and lost their memories. After L died, though, things really haven't been the same. I don't particularly care for Millo or Near, although Millo is just obnoxious every time he's around. At this point, I'm just curious to see how things end up for Light and Misa. I have a feeling things won't go well for Misa, based on how Light has treated her the whole time, which would be sad.
Aug 4, 2014 3:34 AM

Dec 2010
I totally saw L in Near this episode, it was a great build up for him.

But Light never ceases to slip out in the last possible moment when he's cornered. That's probably what makes me have some respect for him.
Sep 23, 2014 7:32 AM

Jan 2014
The new Kira looks hawt :3
Oct 10, 2014 8:39 PM

Oct 2013
I'm guessing this is the last Misa will be involved with her death note - which is good for both her and Light, I think. Assuming Light is ultimately caught (the more likely event for sure), Misa will be innocent, at least.

New Kira already seems cool.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 6, 2014 7:01 PM

Mar 2014
Oooo. New guy :D
Nov 21, 2014 10:57 PM

Sep 2014
New Kira is definitely hot stuff.

And Aizawa's just not as cool without his fro.
Mar 25, 2015 3:12 PM

Dec 2014
Damn Near has very derp smile that it hurts my eyes.

Honestly, while it surprised me Light did this as it came up out of blue, it was always clear he needed someone like this new guy as henchman rather than Misa. Light can easily manipulate Misa but she has tendency to fuck up anytime. When "second/fake Kira" made appearance early in the series I thought it'd be someone like this guy rather than Misa. With her remaining as innocent girl everyone including her is happy.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 27, 2015 5:37 AM
Nov 2014
Mikami Teru >>>>>>>>>>>>> Near

Good episode, nice plan Raito :D
May 26, 2015 4:04 AM
Dec 2011
i love you L i will love L forever and now NEAR AND MELLOW wow this is awesome everything about them reminds me of L . like L is some where watching all this MELLOW and NEAR are awesome like children of L .actually NEAR and MELLOW though of L as their older brother because they were raised together .

L is like a hawk light when he sees his pray he will never ever let it go remember that light :3
Jun 9, 2015 6:00 AM

Sep 2014
Aizava is great ! But ahh because Light gave his Notebook to Teru..Aizava doesn't understand how Light could kill D:
Jun 11, 2015 8:48 AM

Jul 2014
4/5
Jul 9, 2015 8:26 PM

Apr 2014
the action is actually picking up. Psyched to see where Light's planning to go from here :>
Aug 17, 2015 6:20 PM
Jan 2015
Near make it dropping toys a lot more cooler than it should be....Man, his smile is creepy.

Yo Madara, I thought you were a statue around this time....Tcha, 80's hairmetal hair is 80's hairmetalhair eveywhere.

I wonder what Mello is planning...
Oct 10, 2015 1:46 PM

Mar 2010
It still begs the question of why nobody didn't suspect how light was talking to ryuk.. and now ryuk is gone..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 11, 2015 5:30 AM

Apr 2010
I feel really bad for Misa. She had to forget everything again and I just hope she won't have to halve her life one more time... :(
Nov 7, 2015 1:12 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The fourth Kira!!

5/5
Nov 13, 2015 11:59 AM

Nov 2014
Mikami seems cool! Light is always ten steps ahead of everyone!
May 3, 2016 9:24 AM

Aug 2015
L is rich, i mean... was. But wow! A street whole of money! Nice xD
I think Near is the best deputy of L. That kid is thinks nice.
And a new guy. I don't know why all of you like him so much...
Jul 29, 2016 3:12 PM

Jan 2016
hihihihi..hihihi.. God.. XD O.O this.. episode.. was.. EPIC!!! loved ever second of is slowly geting thourth the end as well. Right hand ey?! AWESOME!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 4, 2017 10:19 AM

May 2016
Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete !!!!!!
This new guy Mikami is really awesome too bad that he was introduced this late.
Aug 15, 2017 12:32 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
this is getting lost into nothing for me. its like all thge part with L was useless wtf

Sep 24, 2017 1:57 PM

May 2014
Wow, Mikami looks slick af.
Can't believe they introduced a new DN owner this far into the series! He just switched out Misa for a hot, young lawyer imagay indeed amirite. Although what he's doing is essentially an upgraded version of what he did with Higuchi...he's much too dependent upon outside forces this time around, but I guess that's because he's no longer a college student killing criminals from the comfort of his own room.

Also, I know Misa would happily die for Light but I can't help but feel really bad for her just wasting away and waiting for him in that apartment. He's playing her like a fiddle, and it's worse because she accepts it :/

Seems like everyone is beginning to suspect him again though and it looks like he'll be caught soon no matter what he does. Light is slowly being backed into a corner and that's evident in his willingness to rely upon his worshippers.
real gods don't do that boi

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2018 2:06 PM

Aug 2014
this new guy is cool but fishy

I was wondering who that policeman is until it was told he had afro earlier ;d

Kayrhandros said:
I hate being spoiled so much... I already knew this Teru guy was gonna have the note sometime around...

Did I miss something? this new guy is shown for the first time, how could you know he will get death note if we was not presented earlier?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 5, 2018 3:13 PM

Aug 2007
Honestly, it is Near that drags down the second part of the show.
He would have been an interesting character if he wasn't so very similar to L AND got so much screen time compared to Mello. When Near isn't the main focus of an episode, the quality is much better.

Feb 13, 2019 1:43 AM

Mar 2017
Mello's biting into chocolate thing is getting really repetitive and annoying

Otherwise a good episode
Feb 23, 2019 8:40 AM

Feb 2019
That dude at the end was one heck of a badass... Hope Light manages to get out of the investigation alright!
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 4, 2019 8:13 AM

Dec 2007
i really hate near, and i will explain why, first maybe his thinking is similar to L but there's a huge difference between them, i mean, L had investigate much more cases than near, and this is the first case of near, and u can see it in how near is expressing himself either than L that were more cautious in his word, and that is the second thing about him, unlike L near taking the clues leading to figure out light is kira and pointing at him in front of the whole detectives in the hq of kira case, L wouldn't do that, he will digg around to find more evidence and clues until he will find out a clear evidence to connect ti light that he is kira, near did a huge mistake when he pointing his finger on light - now there's no evidence in his house or on misa and caused him to act a running away, L wouldn't want to do that, he actually said that in ep22 before going to catch higuchi not letting him running away and send his power to someone else, so near maybe stressed light out but in advance he cant catch any evidence for him.

but above all my first reason is may really the reason for all of that, after all, all this investigation of near is just because kira killed L /:
User-NameMar 4, 2019 8:23 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

918 by caia_90 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

395 by yalinarul »»
May 12, 12:41 PM

» Why didn't Light just write in the notebook 'Touta Matsuda dies after killing L at a specific day x and time y' Or something like that

CaptainKing_2009 - Jul 4, 2023

6 by InqMusic »»
May 11, 3:30 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

29 by YahiyaX777L »»
May 9, 12:33 PM

» Imagine a world without Death Note

ZeroMajor12 - May 6

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
May 6, 3:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.