Forum Settings
Forums

'Queen's Blade' Franchise Receives New Anime

New
Feb 18, 2017 12:24 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Queen's Blade franchise has opened a special page for a new mix-media project on Friday. Titled Queen's Blade Unlimited, the project will consist of a figure line and a new anime featuring a new story with world and character settings roughly remaining the same. Unknown Games' Shinya Oosaki (Tokyo Necro, Hanachirasu visual novel) is redesigning the characters, centering on the theme of "coolness and sex appeal."

Based on Firelight Game Company's Lost Worlds gamebook, Queen's Blade is a series of visual combat books first published by Hobby Japan in 2005. The series received its first anime adapatation by studio Arms in Spring 2009, titled Queen's Blade: Rurou no Senshi. It has since been adapted into two additional TV anime, four OVAs, four manga series, three light novels, and a video game. Media Blasters distributed the first two seasons in North America, while Sentai Filmworks released the third season and the Queen's Blade: Utsukushiki Toushitachi OVA.

Official site: http://queensblade.net/unlimited/

Source: Hachima Kikou

News submitted by flash0101
VindstotJan 24, 2018 10:18 PM

Feb 18, 2017 12:39 AM

Dec 2013
Japan must really enjoy this series.
Feb 18, 2017 12:46 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
tfw one of the worst anime ever made gets another series

fml

maybe if you would give it to someone other than studio Arms this time it might be slightly better but I'm still staying far away from this
Feb 18, 2017 1:01 AM

Dec 2015
Would have preffered any other ecchi series getting another season than this really
Oh well
Feb 18, 2017 2:16 AM
Jul 2016
why the worst anime ever get so much love wtf is worng with the people in japan
Feb 18, 2017 2:29 AM

Oct 2014
HaXXspetten said:

fml

maybe if you would give it to someone other than studio Arms this time it might be slightly better but I'm still staying far away from this

That's the ugly truth bro.
Feb 18, 2017 2:33 AM

Nov 2008
HaXXspetten said:

fml

goza1 said:

I think you're confused. This is Queen's Blade, not Highschool DxD. Nor Testament. Nor Tawawa.

Queen's Blade is actually a pretty good fanservice franchise, even if the latest entries were lacking.

But hey, it's actually fair and shows asses in thongs instead of being braindead OPPAIOPPAIOPPAI garbage thus it sucks hard, right? Sigh.
Feb 18, 2017 2:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ZettaiRyouiki said:
HaXXspetten said:

fml

goza1 said:

I think you're confused. This is Queen's Blade, not Highschool DxD. Nor Testament. Nor Tawawa.

Queen's Blade is actually a pretty good fanservice franchise, even if the latest entries were lacking.

But hey, it's actually fair and shows asses in thongs instead of being braindead OPPAIOPPAIOPPAI garbage thus it sucks hard, right? Sigh.
Don't get me wrong, DxD is pretty crap too. But at least it didn't have girls with boobs the size of planets that made me want to throw up

Really though mindless action/ecchi shows where the fanservice just comes from busty girls in skimpy outfits fighting each other 24/7 is about the bottom of the ecchi barrel. There is a certain something called eroticism which stuff like this is completely and utterly lacking (Testament actually had some more legit sexual acts though so that was alright I think, even if the story still sucked)
Feb 18, 2017 2:43 AM

Nov 2008
HaXXspetten said:
]Don't get me wrong, DxD is pretty crap too. But at least it didn't have girls with boobs the size of planets that made me want to throw up

Really though mindless action/ecchi shows where the fanservice just comes from busty girls in skimpy outfits fighting each other 24/7 is about the bottom of the ecchi barrel

So one ridiculous character=the entire cast? Way to stereotype things. You just proved to know nothing about the series.

Also, if you bothered to watch the series and not judge a book by its cover you would know Queen's Blade has a solid likable cast, decent action, nice plot, and the fanservice has more effort put in it than most shows.

And certainly better than To Love-Ru Darkness ever got, that show only cares for random breasts and molesting girls. Generic schoolgirl harems are even more trite than sexy fighting girls will ever be. You tell me which is 100x more common.
Feb 18, 2017 2:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ZettaiRyouiki said:
HaXXspetten said:
]Don't get me wrong, DxD is pretty crap too. But at least it didn't have girls with boobs the size of planets that made me want to throw up

Really though mindless action/ecchi shows where the fanservice just comes from busty girls in skimpy outfits fighting each other 24/7 is about the bottom of the ecchi barrel

So one ridiculous character=the entire cast? Way to stereotype things. You just proved to know nothing about the series.

Also, if you bothered to watch the series and not judge a book by its cover you would know Queen's Blade has a solid likable cast, decent action, nice plot, and the fanservice has more effort put in it than most shows.

And certainly better than To Love-Ru Darkness ever got, that show only cares for random breasts and molesting girls. Generic schoolgirl harems are even more trite than sexy fighting girls will ever be. You tell me which is 100x more common.
I know that girl was the extreme example lol

The point is that girls fighting each other with their tits bouncing everywhere etc is just mindless and dumb and not sexy whatsoever to me so I don't really care about it. By no means does that just go for Queen's Blade but essentially any ecchi/action show which does similar things (like Highschool of the Dead for example, also pretty crap). Forcing fanservice into scenes with a completely unerotic mood is just facepalm-worthy

Also what is more common has nothing to do with this. In my mind characters actually doing sexual things to each other can be sexy whereas just suggestive shots and naked skin is not. Well that and also how much you like the characters obviously

In any case this is just #opinions in the end, no need to try and debate this
Feb 18, 2017 3:11 AM

Nov 2014
I guess I should finally give this anime a try. I'm just a bit disappointed that boobfest ecchi get sequels and stuff I like (eg. Kiss x Sis) doesn't :/
Feb 18, 2017 3:14 AM
Feb 18, 2017 4:56 AM

May 2012
Thats good news. I hope this will a full TV series, and not just OVA

Terkhev said:
I guess I should finally give this anime a try. I'm just a bit disappointed that boobfest ecchi get sequels and stuff I like (eg. Kiss x Sis) doesn't :/

Because Kiss x Sis is not good
Feb 18, 2017 4:57 AM

Jan 2015
Y E S

I've loved this series so much, I was hoping for another series since rebellion and YESSSSSS
Feb 18, 2017 5:48 AM

Feb 2008
Queen's Blade is my #1 guilty pleasure anime of them all, so I'll always welcome more; especially after the high production values of Grimore.
Feb 18, 2017 6:22 AM

Dec 2015
Terkhev said:

Yeah its quite sad that kissxsis didnt get more episodes, the stuff that happens later in the manga is quite intriguing to say the least :/
Feb 18, 2017 6:43 AM

Nov 2008
HaXXspetten said:

The point is that girls fighting each other with their tits bouncing everywhere etc is just mindless and dumb and not sexy whatsoever to me so I don't really care about it. By no means does that just go for Queen's Blade but essentially any ecchi/action show which does similar things (like Highschool of the Dead for example, also pretty crap). Forcing fanservice into scenes with a completely unerotic mood is just facepalm-worthy

Also what is more common has nothing to do with this. In my mind characters actually doing sexual things to each other can be sexy whereas just suggestive shots and naked skin is not. Well that and also how much you like the characters obviously

That's fine if you don't like this kinda show, but there's a huge difference between saying "Not my thing" and going "WORST ANIME EVER" and the second is much harsher and invites negative discussion. Especially if you haven't watched the show, because then you just look like you're trolling even if didn't mean that.

And again, you can call this "eroticism" but that's not true. Half of Darkness is random baths and random nudity excuses and the other half is random tentacle rape. Yet somehow it's fine and dandy because they aren't fighting...? Call it bias against battle fanservice shows if you want, but don't try to act high and mighty for disliking sexy girls in sexy clothes when you're endorsing tentacle rape manga.
Feb 18, 2017 6:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ZettaiRyouiki said:
HaXXspetten said:

That's fine if you don't like this kinda show, but there's a huge difference between saying "Not my thing" and going "WORST ANIME EVER" and the second is much harsher and invites negative discussion. Especially if you haven't watched the show, because then you just look like you're trolling even if didn't mean that.

And again, you can call this "eroticism" but that's not true. Half of Darkness is random baths and random nudity excuses and the other half is random tentacle rape. Yet somehow it's fine and dandy because they aren't fighting...? Call it bias against battle fanservice shows if you want, but don't try to act high and mighty for disliking sexy girls in sexy clothes when you're endorsing tentacle rape manga.
Well I don't think I need to point out that I'm speaking from my own opinion alone because that should be kind of a given (objectivity is a myth). But yes Queen's Blade is in fact one of the five full-length TV-series I have as low as 2/10 on my list (1s are only for ONAs and shit) so I do actually consider it one of my least favorite anime of all time. Now granted I will admit that I don't remember all of it because it was actually one of the first anime I ever saw (first 2 seasons at least, dropped it after that) but I absolutely hated it back then at least

Also uhh where did tentacle rape come into the picture? I'm not particularly a fan of that either though..
Feb 18, 2017 6:56 AM

Nov 2008
HaXXspetten said:
Also uhh where did tentacle rape come into the picture? I'm not particularly a fan of that either though..

Because every other chapter of TLR Darkness features tentacle rape or some other kind of molesting and you have that show in your favorites.
Feb 18, 2017 7:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
ZettaiRyouiki said:
HaXXspetten said:

Because every other chapter of TLR Darkness features tentacle rape or some other kind of molesting and you have that show in your favorites.
Ah

Well that part of it is not why I like it. My reasons for that are a bit more complicated than it just being a fanservice series. Would take a while to explain though so I'll leave that for now. I might do a review of it once the manga ends next month if you're somehow interested but yeah
Feb 18, 2017 9:17 AM

Feb 2012
Hell yeah this is the series I needed, all this weak ecchi can't even compare with my thirst.

This is the show for real duds.
Feb 18, 2017 11:26 AM
Jan 2017
A bit disappointed there no sequel to Queen Blade rebellion, but still somewhat happy with this news as a Queen Blade fan. It was a fun junk food fan service show with Queen's Blade: Beautiful Warriors ova being the only one that I would actually defend that it was good, while the rest were fun for what they were, but at the same time nothing special.

So looking forward to it even though I was hoping for them just to make a series with the Queen blade grimoire story that had some really neat concept.
Feb 18, 2017 12:09 PM

May 2014
I guess I'm the only a bit happy for this.

Queen's blade just has good looking girls with ecchi, why complain? It's the only reason why I watch it.. Oh and swords too. Story meh... But it's not the story that gives me an erection.
Feb 18, 2017 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
One of my most hated ecchi shows geta an anime. Welp. Actually if it is a different staff then I will probably watch it but I highly doubt it.

For those that likes it then good for them at least I will say this.
Feb 18, 2017 1:28 PM

Aug 2012
Queen's Blade gets a new one and Ikkitousen doesn't?! C'mon!
Feb 19, 2017 6:53 AM

Apr 2014
Of all ecchi anime they could make a sequel of, the worst one got it, jesus christ.
Why not Dakara boku wa H ga Dekinai got a sequel? Or Keijo? Or might as well Seikon no Qwaser? Why Japan why?
Feb 19, 2017 8:02 AM

Sep 2013
Hopefully the get rid of the NTR abuse thing.
Feb 25, 2017 10:16 AM

May 2014
The savior of anime has returned.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Mar 18, 2017 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
yay more queen's blade

More topics from this board

» 'Shoushimin Series' Unveils Additional Staff, Theme Songs, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

2 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

17 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yami Shibai' Gets 13th Season in Summer 2024

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

5 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Gainax Begins Production of 'Aoki Uru' Anime Movie After Lawsuit

arsonal - Jun 23, 2017

25 by wallus81 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Today

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Today, 11:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.