Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 5, 2017 3:05 AM

Jun 2015
ronelm2000 said:
senoy2 said:
This arc seems much better than the first one, I actually almost dropped the anime because the last arc was so confusing but this one will definitely keep me watching.

Also that opening was really good and made Kotarou seem a bit OP which is exactly what I want, and the episode itself kinda confirmed that :D

If you found Moon Arc confusing, you will need to rewatch it again. Each detail was important there to understand what is actually happening, why the world ended in Season 1, and why this is ultimately called Rewrite.

Rewatch episode 1 to 3 of the second season. It's very important.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 5, 2017 3:54 AM

Feb 2014
Kotori as a kid is really cute, but her mind is very sharp though, so it's no wonder that her and Kotarou's personality clashed many times. Still, it was nice to see him rescue her dog and helped her feed him properly. =)

Speaking of cute, Akane as a kid was sweet when she could only say 'Papa' everytime Kotarou spoke to her. =)

The new OP was nice, but the ED song was simply powerful, even in 90 second form. I'm really impressed.

Other than that, it was a really good start to the Terra route.
Feb 5, 2017 4:14 AM
Oct 2016
Nekodev said:
This episode was pretty confusing to me and hard to understand completely. What was with that military thing at the beginning? and the whole thing with the environment and the loli girls. guess that's what i get for being an anime-only viewer

in medias res. Not everything has to make sense at the start. It doesn't take a VN Reader to know new arc + new OP + narrative dialogue + reintroductions = this is a new world, da capo, etc.
Feb 5, 2017 4:46 AM

Apr 2016
I liked this episode. :)
Maon Kurosaki sings the new opening <3 :)

Feb 5, 2017 6:07 AM

Dec 2011
Rewrite, Lolicon Arc
Feb 5, 2017 6:25 AM
Jul 2018
I'm kinda giggling at a few comments here (in a good way, mind you) about the "Lolicon" thing... xD I won't say why though, unless someone is curious.
Feb 5, 2017 8:11 AM

Jul 2016
I guess something tragic happened to Kotarou, before he became a soldier at a young age on this timeline. I like the new OP and ED, fits the atmosphere on this episode.
Feb 5, 2017 8:53 AM

Nov 2013
Great episode and it was probably my favourite one so far. That OP was so freaking hype and the ED was also quite good.

As for the episode itself, it was nice to see how moody Kotarou was in the past and chibi Kotori being so savage as a kid. Chibi Akane was also pretty cute.

All in all, despite the quick pacing and transitions in this episode, they adapted pretty well the beginning of Terra. Can´t wait for more, especially in order to see Mr. Bond in action! ^^

Feb 5, 2017 12:44 PM

Aug 2014
I was initially disappointed that Rewrite wouldn't be the OP, but the new one is pretty good overall, so I guess it doesn't matter now. As for the episode, pretty solid and damn young Yoshino is way to cute. Great to see a face on Luiz aswell.
Feb 5, 2017 12:47 PM

Mar 2015
I haven't played the VN so this ep just confused the hell out of me, since when was he James Bond/Tony Stark? xD
Feb 5, 2017 12:57 PM

Jun 2013
Epir said:
I haven't played the VN so this ep just confused the hell out of me, since when was he James Bond/Tony Stark? xD

It doesn't matter if you're a VN player or not to be able to understand this episode. Just watch the last 3 episodes again. This arc beggins in the exact same way as the visual novel so you're basically feeling the same thing we felt.
Feb 5, 2017 1:37 PM

Jun 2013
that was really good
Feb 5, 2017 4:15 PM

Sep 2014
ronelm2000 said:
senoy2 said:
This arc seems much better than the first one, I actually almost dropped the anime because the last arc was so confusing but this one will definitely keep me watching.

Also that opening was really good and made Kotarou seem a bit OP which is exactly what I want, and the episode itself kinda confirmed that :D

If you found Moon Arc confusing, you will need to rewatch it again. Each detail was important there to understand what is actually happening, why the world ended in Season 1, and why this is ultimately called Rewrite.

That sounds interesting I might actually do that.
Feb 5, 2017 5:49 PM

Oct 2011
OMG that new Op and ED !! <33

Whoa Kotoaru is a BAD@SS now

Aww his first friend.
Feb 6, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2013
A new timeline started?? and so Koutarou was 10 yrs older than S1 timeline and now I undrstand why in the 1st scene of ep14, Kotori said that the Koutarou she knew wasn't cheery but dark and gloomy......

Loli Akane and Kotori were the cutest kids.....also Yoshino became a fanboy. Still, Esaka-san quite aged a bit in 10 years!!!!!!!
Feb 6, 2017 3:02 PM

Nov 2012
Good episode this time. Kotarou's a dick, but for some reason, I actually like that. Kotori's personality here is to my liking as well.
Feb 6, 2017 11:42 PM

Oct 2016
So This Is the exact Time line and we see kotarou's real personality. dark and Cold.
Now I understand why Kotori say that things in the beginning Episode 1.
And Just 2 Questions to people Who Know VN :
Kotarou Will Die In Every Time Line and Every time He will Save by Kotori ?
Does Kotarou Know Anything Or can he remember details from Moon ?
Make Tea
Not War :))
Feb 7, 2017 3:43 AM

Feb 2008
You won't know until a couple of more episode to know reason why he is call bond.

Epir said:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 7, 2017 3:52 AM

Feb 2008
Mr_Avatar said:
So This Is the exact Time line and we see kotarou's real personality. dark and Cold.

Can't you come up with your own theory, about this stuff?
But if you really want to know click spoiler box

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 7, 2017 5:12 AM

Oct 2016
Blackbird said:
Mr_Avatar said:

Can't you come up with your own theory, about this stuff?
But if you really want to know click spoiler box

I know it but I doubt it.
Thank you anyway.
Make Tea
Not War :))
Feb 7, 2017 5:44 AM

Dec 2014
well the story starts again similar but a different premise.... will they remember their past lives...is what I wondered through the entire episode
Feb 7, 2017 6:35 AM
Jun 2012
Seriously am I watching the same anime? What the hell is going on? This anime has no persistency.
Feb 7, 2017 7:05 AM

Jun 2013
tolga1991 said:
Seriously am I watching the same anime? What the hell is going on? This anime has no persistency.

Pay attention to the last 3 episodes and you'll understand. Really, is not that hard to figure out that this is a new worldline. But now the events started in the past, before Kotarou got injured by Earth Kagari.
Feb 7, 2017 7:32 AM

Jan 2015
tolga1991 said:

I don't say this adaptation is good, but about Rewrite itself, everything makes sense, even something small that nobody pay attention like this.
Feb 7, 2017 2:50 PM

Apr 2015
Yay! It was good again. And it's a condensed version of Terra. Nicely done, too.
Of course art is still garbage tier, and that OP song was f-n' awful. Not even generic, just horrible. At least ED song is better.
Feb 7, 2017 7:52 PM

Jun 2013
"DIS is a pain."

Me watching this show right now.

Feb 8, 2017 11:07 AM
Jun 2012
Murasa22 said:
tolga1991 said:

Pay attention to the last 3 episodes and you'll understand. Really, is not that hard to figure out that this is a new worldline. But now the events started in the past, before Kotarou got injured by Earth Kagari.

I watched 3 episodes I understood what was going on but seriously what the fuck was that military scene? How does it tie to this douchebag version of Kotarou? They found the solution and where the fuck is that? They went back to earth but there shouldnt be anything on it so dont tell me I didnt understand. It's because they are not telling anything.
Feb 8, 2017 11:16 AM

Jun 2013
tolga1991 said:
Murasa22 said:

I watched 3 episodes I understood what was going on but seriously what the fuck was that military scene? How does it tie to this douchebag version of Kotarou? They found the solution and where the fuck is that? They went back to earth but there shouldnt be anything on it so dont tell me I didnt understand. It's because they are not telling anything.

You're not supposed to know what the military scene means at the moment. But in case if you want to know, here's a spoiler:

But it will make sense very soon (i believe in the next episode or two)
Feb 8, 2017 11:38 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty good episode. The first part with the military stuff surprised me and all of sudden, it came back to his student life.
It was interesting to see Kotarou's past and how he met the girl for the first time.

Little Kotori is so so so cute <3. I love how she talk and acts like a mix of kid and adult behavior.

I remember when I was afraid to watch the second season, but no, this season is definitely better.
Feb 8, 2017 1:07 PM
Dec 2010
Sakaitsu said:
Pretty good episode. The first part with the military stuff surprised me and all of sudden, it came back to his student life.
It was interesting to see Kotarou's past and how he met the girl for the first time.

Little Kotori is so so so cute <3. I love how she talk and acts like a mix of kid and adult behavior.

I remember when I was afraid to watch the second season, but no, this season is definitely better.
Yeah, it feels that way because unlike Season 1 it's directly adapting its source now which was (IMO) very good.

We're in for a wild ride as long as they stay true to the VN, and it's just as interesting for those of us who've read it because it's still stylistically different even though the plot is the same. You see, there's a ton of Kotarou monologuing in Terra, and it's part of the reason this last route is so long. So seeing things actually happen instead of reading them through the protagonist's head is a breath of fresh air.
Feb 8, 2017 8:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Double the cuteness.

Loli Akane
Loli Kotori

The seminar scene was priceless. In real life I'm sure some of us would be falling asleep, can't blame Akane for feeling sleepy lol

Feb 9, 2017 3:38 PM

Nov 2011
So is this just another alternate reality Kotaro and he already knows about all the other girls?

Still pretty confused about basically everything even though the Terra route just started. Curious how it will end considering I've seen a few posts saying "I hope my heart can take it" lol
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 10, 2017 12:54 AM

Jul 2015
Hm, this was a nice episode I guess. Maybe I'll put this on-hold and wait for it to finish so that I can binge it. But anyways, is anyone else just as sad as I am at the fact that Kotorou is no longer the same age as everyone else in the Occult Club? I mean I know it was mentioned earlier, but it's still sad... And now, no ships can sail :CC

caught in the wonder
Feb 10, 2017 4:06 AM

Jul 2015
Woooowwww... Serious Rewrite just ain't for me. Like, it ain't... too bad... but... I'm not really enjoying this all that much. I don't care about the characters enough to care about what goes on during these serious moments. I only enjoyed the first season because of all the time they spent goofing around, and coffee girl. Coffee girl was great. All I got from this was MC going the Edge Lord route and those ugly CG raptor things with character development. Not enough fun. Just ain't feeling this. So I'm out yall. Enjoy yall rewriting.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 10, 2017 6:59 AM

Oct 2008
It now has proper OP and ED.
So now Koutarou is in a new Timeline and strip off his memories and born with the same name but different age because Kotori & Akane are loli?
4/5.

Feb 10, 2017 9:27 AM

Jan 2015
matias067 said:
It now has proper OP and ED.
So now Koutarou is in a new Timeline and strip off his memories and born with the same name but different age because Kotori & Akane are loli?
4/5.

Terra route/arc (S2 episode 4+) is like Kotarou's backstory or past (10 years ago), BUT it's not a flashback or a time travel, they are living like 10 years ago AGAIN because aurora bring them back to life in earth, and humanity re-evolved. However this time Kagari completed the Theory of life and something different can happen now.

Why is Kotarou older than girls?
R-
Kotarou was older than Girls all the time (yes, since S1). If you re-watch S2 episode 3 you see a short backstory about Kotarou, the same 10 years ago Kagari almost killed him, Kotori saved him using a Kagari ribbon in his arm, closing his wounds *, and he got in coma (Kagari ribbon has aurora attribute, a forces which help to create life, this is too the reason for Kotarou using different claws in S1), as side effect: it stoped him from aging. When he woke up (after 10 years) he didn't remember that well what happened and starts a "normal life" (school, etc... S1).

* Maybe Kagari ribbon transformed him in a Kotori's familiar (or called monster in anime) like Gaia monsters, Chibimoth (Pero the dog) and Kotori parents. If you watch S2 episode 1 begin with Kotori calling him a monster.
Arikado-Feb 10, 2017 9:36 AM
Feb 10, 2017 1:00 PM

May 2010
Finally my exam session is over and I can catch up :3

Aaaand my favourite route in Rewrite gets animated, woohoo! It's been like 3,5 years since I've played it though, so I barely remember anything. I absolutely LOVE cold and quiet Kotarou, not counting Tomoya he's my favourite VN protagonist. Loli Akane is too lovable <3 Loli Kotori on the other hand is just an annoying, arrogant brat, can't stand her, ugh.

New op song is decent, but definitely not my favourite. Animation wise it's poorly done too, which is really sad, usually even series with half-assed animation have at least nicely looking OP/ED sequences :v Oh welp, not in this case. Ending song is also kinda boring, but maybe both will grow on me in the later episodes, who knows.
Feb 11, 2017 2:09 AM

Jul 2012
Gem said:
Hm, this was a nice episode I guess. Maybe I'll put this on-hold and wait for it to finish so that I can binge it. But anyways, is anyone else just as sad as I am at the fact that Kotorou is no longer the same age as everyone else in the Occult Club? I mean I know it was mentioned earlier, but it's still sad... And now, no ships can sail :CC
There are still ships to be sailed if you look hard enough for them. =P
Feb 11, 2017 7:38 PM
Jan 2016
Was good... But whats the point in romance here? All the members of occult group are now kids... Then whats the point of romance here? Nothing is happening
LEGENDARY BAKA
Feb 11, 2017 8:48 PM

Dec 2013
Grawitty said:
Was good... But whats the point in romance here? All the members of occult group are now kids... Then whats the point of romance here? Nothing is happening

There is no romance between Kotarou and the occult club members in Terra.
Feb 11, 2017 9:07 PM
Jan 2016
Well... President didnt even complete her promise to Koutaro... Come on... Then if no romance then remove tag
LEGENDARY BAKA
Feb 11, 2017 10:15 PM

Jan 2015
New OP? So it means new Arc? Watching at Koutarou's friend become a cute, small kid like that, especially Kotori. This should be exciting to watch. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 12, 2017 5:43 AM

Jan 2015
x-Marshmallow said:
This episode is enough for me to drop Rewrite. I don't watch the first season, so I don't know whats happening but that horrendous 3D animation is just bad. I liked episode 1-3 tho. Maybe I'll rewatch this after watching the first season.

S2 is at least acceptable until now, but the first season is a bad adaptation, however, you can't skip it and complain like "I don't know whats happening" totally your fault, so I gave a peek and saw that you have rated it ... I don't care, because Rewrite for me is a VN and not this anime that is lacking a lot of things (I don't even rated the S1 because I can't recognize it as Rewrite). But I can't understand ppl like you.
Feb 12, 2017 6:52 AM

Apr 2015
Arikado- said:
x-Marshmallow said:
This episode is enough for me to drop Rewrite. I don't watch the first season, so I don't know whats happening but that horrendous 3D animation is just bad. I liked episode 1-3 tho. Maybe I'll rewatch this after watching the first season.

S2 is at least acceptable until now, but the first season is a bad adaptation, however, you can't skip it and complain like "I don't know whats happening" totally your fault, so I gave a peek and saw that you have rated it ... I don't care, because Rewrite for me is a VN and not this anime that is lacking a lot of things (I don't even rated the S1 because I can't recognize it as Rewrite). But I can't understand ppl like you.

Just give it a 1/10. It deserves that rating more than anything in 2016.
Feb 12, 2017 10:05 PM
Dec 2016
Arikado- said:
x-Marshmallow said:

After reading the theories about why it's different from the previous episodes, I decided to gave Rewrite one more chance. Surprisingly, this arc were good. 1/10 to 4/10. Would keep watching to the end
Feb 13, 2017 1:34 AM

Jan 2015
x-Marshmallow said:
Arikado- said:

After reading the theories about why it's different from the previous episodes, I decided to gave Rewrite one more chance. Surprisingly, this arc were good. 1/10 to 4/10. Would keep watching to the end

Wha- but you can't skip S1 ... ok ok enjoy
Feb 13, 2017 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Arikado- said:
x-Marshmallow said:

Wha- but you can't skip S1 ... ok ok enjoy

I lost a shit ton brain cells with this tbh but alrighty I won't go and point, alrighty alrighty.
Feb 14, 2017 2:27 PM

Nov 2013
The conversation between kotori and koutarou when he brought back pero was way too short, they cut out important lines before kotori said "thank goodness".
Feb 17, 2017 6:53 AM
Mar 2012
much better flow (excluding Bond part). So back on earth, Kotarou & loli Akane, Kotori & Yoshino seen in new reset. Supposedly Key returns to earth too, and Kotarou's emo vs cheery personalities clarified since ep1. He's cheery because Kotori made him so as a familiar when saving him.
funny Iko. Didn't know Akane was an orphan. No one remembers past lives, but Kotori being mean genius, maybe she recalls something.
Ojiisan group looks much younger now. Seems he'll join them much earlier than s1.
Feb 24, 2017 2:57 AM

Mar 2013
I thought Kotarou would reborn with his memories intact from his past selves. Sad he forgot about all of them :(

The new Koutarou and Kotori are pretty cocky XD
We're finally getting to see the past of Koutarou. Curious how it'll diverge from now on.

Also, the new OP is awesome. It makes Koutarou look so badass XD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

95 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.