Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2017 4:55 AM

Oct 2007
When I say world I mean the yugioh-verse.

Ever since the Marik arc and the 3 magical gods back in old yugioh i wonder who the hell is printing the cards for their duels.

What really annoyed me was the time lords back in 5D.

If i was living in the yugioh universe i would surely print my own super overpowered bullshit cards.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2017 8:55 AM

Apr 2014
In Arc V?

The company that owns the rival school.

Feb 1, 2017 10:38 AM

Oct 2007
Dragonage2ftw said:
In Arc V?

The company that owns the rival school.

I made this thread when i started the anime. I know this now.

But now i am even more confused about an early episode. Remember when silvio was tasked to steal yuya's pendulum cards?

I don't get why yuya's cards were even considered special if they could just print them. It doesn't make sense.

I know his dad worked with the professor and made a few cards. But even so, all that card stealing attempt and claiming yuya's cards were special doesn't make sense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2017 4:39 AM

Sep 2011
Peralisc said:
But now i am even more confused about an early episode. Remember when silvio was tasked to steal yuya's pendulum cards?
I don't get why yuya's cards were even considered special if they could just print them. It doesn't make sense.

Because back then Yuya was the special kid aka the only one with the Pendulum cards. Without knowing how they properly function, they have no idea how to use them or create proper ones, so Sawatari was tasked to steal 'em so Reiji could have a closer look at them.
Remember back in, what, episode 15? Anyway the first Yuya vs Reiji duel. Reiji went whole "you're not the only one who can Pendulum Summon" Mode and then attempted at it, but then the system bugged and his scales got destroyed at the end of his turn. That's because they weren't properly made yet, or in other words they were still the Beta versions.

Yuya gets his Pendulum cards magically from his Pendulum. :P
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Feb 2, 2017 6:50 AM

Oct 2007
I can't pretend it makes sense. They could have just printed copies of those cards.

See if they maybe went a bit more in detail into why you can't just print whatever card you want then they would not only explain better things to the viewer, but they would also most likely notice the major flaws within their own story and fix those issues.

Oh and here are even more flaws on top of those already mentioned:
I. The professor started making the hardened holograms because the card game existed and only afterwards noticed that these cards have their own souls.

II. Early on when Yuta was first dueling Silvio that was the first time those monsters felt real and sort of came to life. So from that point of view it's supposed to still be just a game and not real souls represented by cards.

See they create cards and then find out there is something more to it.
But then in some moments the characters act as if it's the other way around.

You simply can't deny the fact that they didn't think things through properly before transioning to the anime.
Feb 2, 2017 9:52 AM

Sep 2011
>expecting realism from modern YGO & YGO in general where protagonists create cards out of thin air

Can't remember how they explained it in Zexal so meh. Original, GX & 5Ds were part of the same timeline so they had Kaiba Corp. However, it's always left vague WHO exactly prints these cards. Like, who would actually out of nowhere, without proper information print something like Shooting Star Dragon and then bring it to Yusei in the middle of the Z-ONE battle? You shouldn't think too hard about this.

Well, if they wanna enjoy bootleg/incomplete versions of the cards then they can just print 'em lol. And it's REAL SOLID VISION.

Feb 2, 2017 10:30 AM

Oct 2007
Even without realism the story is a contradiction.

When's next episode out btw? Although i hate the flaws in the story, i still am looking forward to the last few episodes of these series.
Feb 2, 2017 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
Every YGO has some contradictions and plot holes in their story, none of them are perfect. :^)

Anyway, YGO airs on Sundays like most kids' animu in Japan lol. There's always a stream for the RAW version (which I can't remember, it's been a long time since I watched Arc-V live.) The subs come either on Monday or Sunday evening/midday at the earliest.

Feb 3, 2017 9:09 AM

Apr 2014
Rukaliini said:
>expecting realism from modern YGO & YGO in general where protagonists create cards out of thin air

Can't remember how they explained it in Zexal so meh. Original, GX & 5Ds were part of the same timeline so they had Kaiba Corp. However, it's always left vague WHO exactly prints these cards. Like, who would actually out of nowhere, without proper information print something like Shooting Star Dragon and then bring it to Yusei in the middle of the Z-ONE battle? You shouldn't think too hard about this.

Well, if they wanna enjoy bootleg/incomplete versions of the cards then they can just print 'em lol. And it's REAL SOLID VISION.

In Zexal, Yuma used Astral's superpowers to create cards out of thin air.

It's why he's the worst.

Feb 5, 2017 11:36 AM

Sep 2011
Dragonage2ftw said:

It's why he's the worst.

You can really pull anything out of the Astral World huh?

Feb 6, 2017 7:22 AM

Apr 2014
Rukaliini said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

It's why he's the worst.

No, not everything.

They couldn't pull a good plot with decent characters out of Astral World.

Feb 10, 2017 11:38 AM

Sep 2011
Dragonage2ftw said:
Rukaliini said:

No, not everything.

Damn that was funny, well done.

Feb 13, 2017 8:13 AM

Apr 2014
Rukaliini said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

No, not everything.

Damn that was funny, well done.

Thanks, man.

I appreciate it.

Jan 28, 2018 2:36 AM

Jan 2018
JudgeRuthless said:
I can't pretend it makes sense. They could have just printed copies of those cards.

They did. In the first Yuya vs Reiji duel, it was revealed that the Akaba Corp managed to print some pends on their own.

The off comes the motherfuckin' toooouuuurrnnnaaaaaaameeeeeeent arc!!!! where everybody had pendulum monsters given to them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.