Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2017 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As I had expected, Reiji is still skilled as ever. Pretty good summoning combos.

Not really surprised that he got beaten though. I'll give Reira some credit though for his bravery. He just took that duel by storm that no one expected. About time Yuzu came back to try getting Yuya back to his sense! What a cliffhanger D:
Jan 29, 2017 1:08 AM
Jun 2011
wow i didn't expected reira to be the one who will finish all of this madness and defeat zarc
Jan 29, 2017 2:27 AM
Jan 2017
So.... let me get this straight.

Ray was actually never properly but was instead as a spirit all the time?

Damn you Leo Akaba for being impatient during when Arc-V machine absorbed all these 4 girls...
Jan 29, 2017 7:58 AM

Dec 2015
Was no one else suspicious at that last scene where zarc goes into reira? That, imo, means Zarc is gonna takeover reira/ray and we're gonna have the Yuya vs Zarc duel in a few episodes.
Jan 29, 2017 8:28 AM

Oct 2014
neo_carnage5 said:
Was no one else suspicious at that last scene where zarc goes into reira? That, imo, means Zarc is gonna takeover reira/ray and we're gonna have the Yuya vs Zarc duel in a few episodes.

That wasn't Zarc going into Reira, it was Ray absorbing Zarc's soul into herself to seal it. Zarc is already finished.
Jan 29, 2017 9:56 AM

Oct 2016
Reiji is the boss, he dealt the most damage to Zarc and did it by summoning upgrades of his original monsters. Yes, he didn't survive the next turn, but he had to face 5 Dragons at once (which no one else did) and survived 4 overpowered attacks/effects before finally being taken out by Zarc.

The best points:
- Reiji's monsters and combos.
- Some info on Pendulum Summoning and its origins (FINALLY!).
- Tsukikage is back!
- The Reira entrance (, his hair), and Tsukikage replacing Reiji with a log.
- All monsters used by other players appearing when Reira uses the En cards.
- This one made it epic: Zarc and co. loosing their colors one by one as Reira makes the monster types Normal Monsters!
- Yusho's appearance.
- Yuya re-summoning Odd-Eyes and SKD Zarc, but digging Zarc in because those monsters cannot attack and they make Reira gain their ATK as Life Points. Also Yuya repelling Zarc at the same time, and Yuto, Yugo and Yuri's cameo (I wish they said something as well).
- Yuzu's appearance (I wish the other girls appeared too, but they probably didn't have enough time to show them).
- Zarc is literally evil and is irredeemable, so Ray sacrificed herself to probably end the cycle of Zarc's revival...
- Cliffhanger...

Well, I have to say, I didn't really expect this to be the final episode of the ''VS Zarc'' duel. To sum up, in one way, this battle seemed exciting, but in another, it seemed very anti-climactic for a battle with the main villain. And the the battle ended quickly in my opinion once they found a way to damage Zarc. Not to mention that it was predictable that either Reiji or Reira would finish Zarc off with those 4 cards. Also they could've made Zarc look way cooler, dropping the whole ''Yuya-turned-dragon'' design, and giving him at least something resembling Zarc's original design.

The next episodes are weird, they just hold another tournament out of the blue. What happens to Leo now? And I want to know what or who is that baby with Himika, and if it is Ray, or another reincarnation of Zarc, or both actually since Ray absorbed him.

And also, did Ray de-fuse safely into the four girls or are they gone? I assume they aren't since Zarc is also de-fused, seeing as Yuya is alive and well in the next episode.

So many questions unanswered and they hold a tournament arc... I at least hope they make something clear.
TigerdrenalinJan 29, 2017 10:00 AM
Jan 29, 2017 1:34 PM

Jul 2016
You know, the ending was good, however it feels a bit generic.

Seriously, I swear I've seen a Girl using her magic powers to seal the Big Bad many times.

Anyway, I wonder what happened to Ray's Girls and if this has an impact on Yuya (and Yuto and Yugo) and I'm really hyped for next ep (which I think is the last one or the second last) and if they manage to make an ending that outperforms the bad parts of the Show.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Jan 29, 2017 1:58 PM

Sep 2016
that's...... it? I don't know how to feel about this final arc....

the 1-turn/character raid boss battle against zarc was pretty good

but in the end, yuya's role as main protagonist got side-lined. the zarc arc was really rushed maybe because not enough episode for build up (i blame long ass synchro arc for this). zarc character has no depth at all, he just showed up with lazy character design and owned everyone. he was introduced as super strong upcoming duelist who want to satisfy everyone expectation, but then he is just become "evil", wasted potential.

next week will continue the interrupted tournament in the first arc and probably the end of series week after that with yuya vs reiji final battle. it will be like yugi vs atem and yuma vs astral, ending with "otanoshimi wa kore kara da!" -END-
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 29, 2017 2:22 PM

Feb 2013
Reiji was cool, he managed to damange Zarc.
Ray's spirit used Reira's body to finish Zarc.
Jan 29, 2017 2:50 PM

Sep 2016
fullmetal212 said:
GangsterCat said:
that's...... it? I don't know how to feel about this final arc....

the 1-turn/character raid boss battle against zarc was pretty good

but in the end, yuya's role as main protagonist got side-lined. the zarc arc was really rushed maybe because not enough episode for build up (i blame long ass synchro arc for this). zarc character has no depth at all, he just showed up with lazy character design and owned everyone. he was introduced as super strong upcoming duelist who want to satisfy everyone expectation, but then he is just become "evil", wasted potential.

next week will continue the interrupted tournament in the first arc and probably the end of series week after that with yuya vs reiji final battle. it will be like yugi vs atem and yuma vs astral, ending with "otanoshimi wa kore kara da!" -END-

I'm 100% sure that this is not over yet. Yes, Zarc has been defeated but we don't know what happened to Ray/Reira, and the ending to the episode left me with the impression that there is more to come. I think the next episode will be one where everything seems OK, but something isn't right. I'm really looking forward to it.
it's over, the next series is coming really soon
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 29, 2017 4:19 PM

Dec 2016
Reiji went all badass just as I expected and Reira played his part.

I had a feeling from the beginning that it would be Ray who would take down Zarc.

I wonder if she is reborn as the baby in the preview?
Jan 29, 2017 6:22 PM

Apr 2016
the ass has been pulled
Jan 29, 2017 6:56 PM
Sep 2012
Was Reira a girl all this time?. Even if Ray spirit came inside Reria, I don't think that would change that person's gender, and the fact that Reria for the whole series we never Reira without the hat. That would be nice. But what do I know about a person enter another person's soul that is a different gender.

Wow Zarc is defeated I never thought that would happen so soon, and who had Reria being the big hero of the series, I didn't, thought is looks like Reria could be our new villain as Reira seemingly absorbed Zarc's spirit.

And what is going to happen to Yuzu and the other girls, are they ever coming back?

Next episode, it looks like we have a little time loop, or at least everyone's memories of everything has been erased, Yuya might not even know about Yuzu's existence, I wonder how long that will last.
blfanJan 29, 2017 7:05 PM
Jan 29, 2017 7:14 PM

Dec 2012
Dunno man, that's a lot to take. It felt way too rushed. Arc-V is my favorite Yugioh series since Duel Monsters. With that said, this episode was just plain stupid. Yuya-Zarc draws a card (Smile Universe, lmao) that literally fucking helps the enemy of the user, then we get Yusho putting two halfs of Smile World together for (it seems) absolutely no reason.
In just one episode, we have Reiji joining duel and getting defeated, Yuya-Zarc summoning everything with his broken ass cards, Reira becoming Ray, joins the duel and uses cards that make no sense (I guess for plot, I mean, look at the damn effects it requires like 15 monsters on the graveyard, them being xyz, synchro, fusion) and defeats Zarc while suddenly Yuya (and only Yuya out of all four alter egos) wakes up and gets immediatly his usual happy go round self back.
I need an explation as to what happened with Yugo, Yuri and Yuto, plus the four Yuzus, Reira, Ray and the currect situation of the 4 worlds. I'm sure most of them will be explained later but for now we get for a preview a filler or something. I'm mad.
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Jan 29, 2017 9:25 PM
Apr 2013
It's really really hard to accept the battle against Zarc just ended that way. There are still a few episodes left, but the writers decided to end it in this episode. Ugh... I've prepared not to expect anything and be prepared to be disappointed, but it still hurt after all...(TT_TT)

For now, I'm more curious of what happened to Yuto, Yugo, Yuri, and the girls. I hope they don't become one with Yuya or anything. I prefer them to live as separate different people. It's only a few episodes left, they better make it worth.

Ugh...why the studio decided to end the series so soon of all times? Thanks to that, there are many things that were too rushed. Can't they prolong it for another year or at least a few more months?

And I'll stop my complains now before it worsen.

I hope once the new series aired it will start and end properly without rushing anything...

blfan said:
Was Reira a girl all this time?. Even if Ray spirit came inside Reria, I don't think that would change that person's gender, and the fact that Reria for the whole series we never Reira without the hat. That would be nice. But what do I know about a person enter another person's soul that is a different gender.

This is only my guess, but I don't think Reira's gender changed or something, just his appearance became more feminine. Maybe Reira's hair became like that because Ray was possessing him? There are some anime characters who got possessed by other people and then their hair became longer and behaviour changed, right? Maybe the same goes for Reira?

Hopefully the next episode will answer this question.
Jan 30, 2017 5:31 AM

Sep 2015
Until the end Yuya still easy to manipulate using Yuzu still wish they have each Yu boy with each Bracelets

When Reira pick up that 4 card or there another copy of that card and Reira is a girl?
Into the Internet!
Jan 30, 2017 7:31 AM
Aug 2015
Slightly disappointed with the ending, we had a sequence of duels between Zarc and a various amount of duelists, all leading up to a final shown down between Zarc and Ray after Reiji was defeated, for her to walk in and defeat Zarc in literally one turn... If he is defeated that is? I don't know by the ending if Ray absorbed Zarc or it was the other way round...

And what is the point in the championship? I thought this season was about defeating Zarc to save the world... Doesn't seem right to me, unless they are planning one last fight between Reiji and Yuya? But then why had a championship...
Jan 30, 2017 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
I'll agree with the Tumblr post that has a gif of JonTron going "I have many questions". I wanted the Zarc battle to end with Yuya facing against him, but I got my "Shake, Pendulum of Soul" OST piece so I'm satisfied at least with that part. :P

RIP Scarf-kun, hello darkness my old friend. Holy shit Reiji's new cards are OP af.

honestly even after all of that the next episode feels like an illusion/fake world, considering we couldn't see Yuzu anywhere. Also Reiji was with Scarf-kun so...
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jan 30, 2017 11:52 AM

Apr 2016
I found this a fun episode. But I am glad Arc V is nearing its end.

Not to say I don't like Arc V, It just lost it luster. Mostly because the story just kinda fucked over the characters. Keeping to switch locations. Standerd has a lot of intrestring characters I wanted to see a lot more of than say Jack or Crow (Loved seen them again non the less but they had there show already.)

I hope these last few episodes will give some justice to those early characters and most of the cast who got let out of a lot of the story.
Jan 30, 2017 6:33 PM

Oct 2011
Omg what an episode. Reiji dealing damage to Zarc. Reira ray with the En cards. those effects omg.

Looks like we're back to the tournament. ....maybe this is a dream or something?

If we are back to it. I hope crow jack and the others join in this tournament for the finale.
AnimeFan500Jan 30, 2017 7:22 PM
Jan 30, 2017 9:25 PM

Aug 2014
Welp, didn't expect to see Zarc kicked Reiji's butt and Zarc got his butt kicked in the same episode.
Too many things happened in this ep and we can clearly see they rushed the heck out of this. Sure, nothing new, but still.
Writers were like, screw this Zarc plot, let's finish him up in 1 move after all of build-ups we build up till now, and just move on to the same tournament they held in S1 right after.

I don't really know what I expected from this final battle, but come on, I'm sure they can do more than this..! Even Zexal did the final battle better!

Or maybe...
Jan 31, 2017 3:27 PM

Oct 2007
If each of those guys picked up a simple crappy mill deck and fought zarc one after the other the way they did, they would have milled him into losing. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2017 4:50 AM
Feb 2015
Man, I feel like Arc V is some wasted potential with the way everything was rushed.
Proceeds to blame the far too long synchro arc
Feb 1, 2017 8:55 AM

Apr 2014
We still have eight episodes, guys.

Save the complaints for later.

Feb 1, 2017 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
Peralisc said:
If each of those guys picked up a simple crappy mill deck and fought zarc one after the other the way they did, they would have milled him into losing. :D

Nah. Zarc would have asspulled a card that let him add cards from his graveyard or banish pile to his hand.

I play the continuous spell card "King's Servant Asspull from the Grave" and chain it to get all of my cards back in my deck.
Feb 7, 2017 8:08 AM

Nov 2015
It was a legendary Episode
And Riera was a trap all the time !!!? SHE'S A GIRL
It was really great but if that's the end then I'll say it's a bit rushed but still liked it
Feb 16, 2017 10:32 AM

Apr 2007
If that was supposed to be the "final boss" duel then it was a lot better than 5D's (Zone) and Zexal (Don Thousand). Yeah it dragged on and still had the stupidly powerful effects, but it was fun watching so many people duel Zarc even if it became predictable that they would lose. Each battle though, was bringing them one step closer to defeating him. Even Sawatari came close!

The last part of the duel with Reira/Ray was pretty sweet too. So far this is leading into a satisfying conclusion, let's see if it can keep this up.
MonochromeFeb 16, 2017 10:35 AM
Mar 20, 2017 2:38 AM

Jan 2013
That's it huh? ... :/
Was wondering when "Smile World" was going to show up to finish the fight.
Oct 23, 2018 12:29 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THAT WAS REALLY EPIC!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 23, 2018 5:08 AM

May 2016
iamYuyaSakaki said:
THAT WAS REALLY EPIC!

Glad you enjoyed it.
May 6, 2019 1:17 AM

Dec 2012
Reira as Ray's vessel?
Reiji damaged Zarc.
Zarc created Pendulums.
The 4 dragons have been summoned.
Reiji is down to 200 LP.
Reira enters the duel.
Reiji lose.
Not Reira?
Ray got nice oppai.
WTF! Reira has long hair?
The 4 cards are back.
The motherfocker finally said shibideru.
They're normal monsters now.
The bracelets.
Zarc is on his knees and down to 1000 LP.
Zarc's eyes turned red.
Yuya is in control.
Smile Universe?
Zarc appearing in one eye with the face stretch. You ain't Yami Malik.
Zarc finally lose.
Zarc is going into Reira?
Dat ending.

Zarc was ok. He wasn't threatening and that's because Yuya is the MC so we know nothing bad is going to happen. Zorc, Zone, and Don Thousand were better. Heck, even Darkness.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 16, 2020 6:31 PM

Feb 2014
I understand Jack is hurt and maybe even injured, but he could take a better position, lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.