Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 28, 2017 1:29 PM

Mar 2015
Materialist said:
Biggest trainwreck of the season.

Brightness over 90000000, 8bit that's impossible to watch

Guessing you haven't watched Hand Shakers then
Jan 28, 2017 1:32 PM

Mar 2016
They managed to faithfully adapt the moon route, score has jumped to a low 8
Jan 28, 2017 1:36 PM

Jun 2013
Epir said:
Materialist said:
Biggest trainwreck of the season.

Brightness over 90000000, 8bit that's impossible to watch

Guessing you haven't watched Hand Shakers then

This isn't a trainwreck, he's just being salty (i don't get why tho)

Hand Shakers is probably the worst thing i've ever seen after Mars of Destruction / Skelter Heaven.

And yeah i don't get why the score is at 7.5, but who cares anyway. Konosuba is at 8.4 and its way far from being worth of that rating.
Jan 28, 2017 2:21 PM

Sep 2015
Fight scenes felt rushed and were a CG nightmare. However, I felt like everything else was handled very well, considering they cut out a large majority of the scenes from the VN.... Everyone's deaths hit me right in the feels, especially Yoshino's (RIP best bro, who never got his Yo-Shi-No scene adapted). And it was awesome to see the best part of Moon route animated!

Can't wait for Terra, especially

Jan 28, 2017 2:31 PM

May 2010
Uhh it was TERRIBLY rushed, I barely understood what the heck was happening, and I played the vn :v And yet some scenes hit me right into the feels, so I can't dislike it, even if I wanted to ;_; Mainly thanks to amazing soundtrack, it makes anything on the screen 100 times better, even if the animation is so, so shitty... Scenes with heroines' disappearing were especially painful to watch.

I'm gonna miss you Chihaya-chan! T__T

Also, I was really surprised how nicely looked the moment of completing the theory :o I'm guessing that the whole budget went just for that lol.
Jan 28, 2017 3:33 PM

Aug 2014
Well this was to be expected, it got rushed but eh nothing to do about it, atleast the real story is beginning now! Alas poor Sakubro is gone tho ;_;
Jan 28, 2017 4:02 PM

Jun 2013
holy crap that was intense and full of action
Jan 28, 2017 4:48 PM

May 2015
I'm not sure what to think of the arc, this episode felt really fast for me. All in all, I enjoyed it, but I hope Terra will be better. "Let the cruel process of selection begin".

Jan 28, 2017 5:09 PM

Jun 2014
Moon and Terra were pretty good in my book in the VN so seeing Moon well adapted is such a nice thing, ofc the last episode of Moon is quite rushed and the art/animation was subpar but everything else felt so well done. My biggest issue is how the ending of Moon cut some line from the VN it was just a beautiful scenes, it would have been perfect if everything was there.

Either way, I'm hoping Terra gets a nice adaptation and that the Terra ending doesn't get some cut lines.
Jan 28, 2017 6:16 PM

Dec 2013
What a great episode! Easily my favourite of the series. Rushed slightly but still great stuff.

Dem feels when everyone was disappearing. Yoshino's final line was almost as amazing as the VN.

Sakuya and Kotarou team up was badass!

Biggest problem is the CGI but that was to be expected.
Jan 28, 2017 6:38 PM

May 2014
We are not getting "Rewrite" for the Terra opening ? Really ? ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2017 7:27 PM

Jun 2013
The hell am I watching lol
Jan 28, 2017 7:38 PM

Nov 2015
-Lukz said:

Having rewrite as the OP is what I was looking forward to most in this adaptation. This is extremely disappointing.
Jan 28, 2017 8:00 PM

Oct 2011
OMG T________T

Everyone dead. SAKUYA NOOOOOO

Terra begins
Jan 28, 2017 8:20 PM

Oct 2014
Very 8-bit anime.

Well' let's pray for a kinder future.
Jan 28, 2017 9:05 PM

Jun 2013
Aw darn, was hoping to see the horseshoe crabs take over the Earth. That was definitely my favorite simulation failure from the VN XD.

Time for Terra!
Jan 28, 2017 9:21 PM

Sep 2011
"I just found it funny that Guardian and Gaia are going to protect the Key together."

.....but that's what you've guys done too on season 1.....

As expected though that it's gonna be rushed. Well, finally now on Terra.
TennoujiJan 28, 2017 9:29 PM

Jan 29, 2017 12:30 AM
Jun 2016
The feels when everybody disappear and just AERGGHHH!!! SAKUYA CAME BACK!!!
Jan 29, 2017 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
-Lukz said:

Rewrite doesn't really fit with Terra's atmosphere honestly. It fits for Moon since it has its action moments, but Terra has a lot more of focus and less action by comparison, mostly focusing even on Kotarou.
Jan 29, 2017 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
*Anime watcher only*
Some parts were very confusing and the episode seemed rushed, but I enjoyed it. I thought the moon arc will last longer, let's hope the next arc will be as good as this one.
"Rewrite" OST is really epic.
Jan 29, 2017 1:33 AM

Aug 2013
How is this rated so high right now?

I literally don't understand in the slightest what the fuck is going on.

He kept dying but re-spawning at the same time in bed but kept his memories.

How did he gain the magical power to summon all of the club members to him?!!? Where the fuck did they come from?

How in this episode was he like way fucking older than everyone else, but then magically changed himself back to a high schooler?

Is all that shit a part of he Rewrite power? I thought they just enhanced his physical and mental strengths. If it is, they never really elaborated on him suddenly gaining fucking wizardry from his ability.

HOW THE FUCK DID HE/THEY/EVERYONE EVEN GET ON THE FUCKING MOON!?
Jan 29, 2017 2:31 AM

Jun 2015
It feels like they take everything away from me..

I don't want rewrite to end.. I was very depressed when I completed the VN around 6 months ago... It took me fucking 9 months to complete it, I felt a bond with all the characters and after the VN ended it was just so sad. And now the end of the anime is near too..

How am I supposed to live without my babe Kotori? at least she gets some screentime in terra..

I want more rewrite...
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 29, 2017 3:23 AM

Sep 2011
Jonesy974 said:

How did he gain the magical power to summon all of the club members to him?!!? Where the fuck did they come from?

How in this episode was he like way fucking older than everyone else, but then magically changed himself back to a high schooler?

Is all that shit a part of he Rewrite power? I thought they just enhanced his physical and mental strengths. If it is, they never really elaborated on him suddenly gaining fucking wizardry from his ability.

Actually it's all part of the Aurora. Sadly it's true that some of your questions aren't answered on the anime.

Although the sudden adult Kotarou, it's a mistake on the anime. Supposedly it should be he's already adult looking before he summoned the heroines + Yoshino and gang, if not at the beginning of Moon route.

Takamura-sama said:

I want more rewrite...

You can pray for the adaptation of heroine routes though and Harvest Festa. I don't think it's not impossible if 8-bit plans to destroy(Intentionally did this because Gotrys) milk Rewrite more.
TennoujiJan 29, 2017 3:33 AM

Jan 29, 2017 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
Tennouji said:
Jonesy974 said:

Actually it's all part of the Aurora. Sadly it's true that some of your questions aren't answer on the anime.

Although the sudden adult Kotarou, it's a mistake on the anime. Supposedly it should be he's already adult looking before he summoned the heroines + Yoshino and gang, if not at the beginning of Moon route.

^ Basically what he said, aside from that the entire "bringing the occult club members back" it's basically like another timeline + the acid trip that he got enough knowledge he has the choice to create his own path in there, hence why it resulted like this. Its still solid regardless honestly in my personal eyes.

Actually wasn't in Moon Route still looking like a kid a bit? At least from the one scene in the VN in the dance scenario. He still looked the same by comparison, or maybe that's just my eyes.
Jan 29, 2017 3:38 AM

Sep 2011
Symphyon said:

Actually wasn't in Moon Route still looking like a kid a bit? At least from the one scene in the VN in the dance scenario. He still looked the same by comparison, or maybe that's just my eyes.

If you have wide imagination, you can just simply think of it as, after the dance scene, few months/years/decades had been passed then he finally thought about summoning the heroines. Given how Kotarou always mentions to himself on how long he's spending his time there on Moon. There, it can be justified the reason why he becomes older than the heroines after he summoned them.

Jan 29, 2017 4:45 AM
Jun 2012
Seriously where is this anime going? I mean I understand what is happening but I cant comprehend it. Suddenly scale got so much bigger than before and it's only the third episode yet. From this point no matter where they go there will be a dissappointment.
Jan 29, 2017 5:04 AM

Dec 2013
tolga1991 said:
Seriously where is this anime going? I mean I understand what is happening but I cant comprehend it. Suddenly scale got so much bigger than before and it's only the third episode yet. From this point no matter where they go there will be a dissappointment.

We are clearly going down a route where the earth actually gets saved.
Jan 29, 2017 5:24 AM
Jun 2012
G_Spark233 said:
tolga1991 said:

And thus the disappointment commences.
Jan 29, 2017 5:30 AM

Dec 2013
tolga1991 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Your going to have a very disappointing life if you expect every series not to have a happy ending.
Jan 29, 2017 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
G_Spark233 said:
tolga1991 said:

Your going to have a very disappointing life if you expect every series not to have a happy ending.

Honestly if you are expecting like a very sad ending, you won't really look it from here... even tho the ending of the series is more... I won't say it, but you will see what I mean.

But for spoiler if its adapted bit by bit then.

Jan 29, 2017 6:31 AM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
Uhh it was TERRIBLY rushed, I barely understood what the heck was happening, and I played the vn :v And yet some scenes hit me right into the feels, so I can't dislike it, even if I wanted to ;_; Mainly thanks to amazing soundtrack, it makes anything on the screen 100 times better, even if the animation is so, so shitty... Scenes with heroines' disappearing were especially painful to watch.

I'm gonna miss you Chihaya-chan! T__T

Also, I was really surprised how nicely looked the moment of completing the theory :o I'm guessing that the whole budget went just for that lol.

I actually like the death scenes, especially these and how the characters looked and slowly disappearing, its painful but beautiful at the same time.

Yes it is painful to see but at the same time it has its own charm, especially just seeing them slowly disappearing and turning into dust. It hurts so.
Jan 29, 2017 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
Tennouji said:
Symphyon said:

If you have wide imagination, you can just simply think of it as, after the dance scene, few months/years/decades had been passed then he finally thought about summoning the heroines. Given how Kotarou always mentions to himself on how long he's spending his time there on Moon. There, it can be justified the reason why he becomes older than the heroines after he summoned them.

Hmm makes sense then, while I honestly don't have much of an imagination of that when I think about it then it adds it up. (have forgotten to answer this btw), also...

You can pray for the adaptation of heroine routes though and Harvest Festa. I don't think it's not impossible if 8-bit plans to destroy(Intentionally did this because Gotrys) milk Rewrite more.

I see what you did there... I kinda giggled to be fair.
Jan 29, 2017 7:03 AM

Feb 2014
The animation quality wasn't as good as the first two episodes, but this episode was still good overall.

Seeing Kotarou in his older form was a bit surprising though. Seeing him with the rest of the Occult Club as they fought the massive CGI army was still great, despite them being unable to win.

Sakuya's appearance was cool, as was his transformation(?) near the end.

Other than that, it was a little hard for me to understand fully since I haven't played the VN, but others here have and their comments help me understand the episode more. =)
Jan 29, 2017 7:06 AM

Jun 2013
While I really like the world they're going for, the problem is that they aren't explaining shit here. I have literally no idea what is going on in this world. Nothing is making sense. They were on the moon all this time? Time was stopped for Koutaro? Sakuya and Koutaro are similar beings? Koutaro can turn into a monster or something? Many things made no sense.

The part where everyone was dying was supposed to be full of feels and depended largely on the rushed first season. It felt okayish but could have been better if they had given the characters more time. The CGI monsters ruined most of the action scenes because everything looked very off which was also the case in much of the first season.

Now the world is supposedly fixed and they're all going back to Earth and there'll be no Kagari anymore.
Jan 29, 2017 7:09 AM

May 2010
Symphyon said:
I actually like the death scenes, especially these and how the characters looked and slowly disappearing, its painful but beautiful at the same time.

Ah, I liked them too though, I just meant 'painful to watch' as in 'nicely adapted and hitting right into the feelz' way :P
Jan 29, 2017 7:12 AM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
Symphyon said:

Ah, I liked them too though, I just meant 'painful to watch' as in 'nicely adapted and hitting right into the feelz' way :P

Ah, oki oki I get it. :P
Jan 29, 2017 7:16 AM

Jun 2014
Yamada2 said:
While I really like the world they're going for, the problem is that they aren't explaining shit here. I have literally no idea what is going on in this world. Nothing is making sense. They were on the moon all this time? Time was stopped for Koutaro? Sakuya and Koutaro are similar beings? Koutaro can turn into a monster or something? Many things made no sense.

Those are spoilers from the heroine route that will not be adapted.

Yamada2 said:

Now the world is supposedly fixed and they're all going back to Earth and there'll be no Kagari anymore.

Kagari is still there, Earth Kagari. Moon Kagari is stuck on the moon.
Jan 29, 2017 7:18 AM

Sep 2011
Yamada2 said:

The part where everyone was dying was supposed to be full of feels and depended largely on the rushed first season. It felt okayish but could have been better if they had given the characters more time. The CGI monsters ruined most of the action scenes because everything looked very off which was also the case in much of the first season.

Your(Or rather, most anime-only watchers) problem would've been solved if they adapted the heroine routes. Particularly your question regarding to Sakuya and Kotarou, which it needs Chihaya's route to understand them together(Mostly Sakuya).

Jan 29, 2017 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
Yamada2 said:

Well the route was called Moon for a reason, aside from that yes they were on the Moon all along, if it makes sense for you, take it as an idea (note I will answer your questions, but if you need more explanation to it I can try to explain as much as I can, if you want to see what I mean, also spoilers as well):

removed-userJan 29, 2017 7:28 AM
Jan 29, 2017 7:30 AM
Dec 2014
Jonesy974 said:

As an anime-only viewer, I know your feeling on this too!

And I guess, by the look of this anime forum, that it is rated so high right now because 99% of the viewers are the VN junkies! I never felt, by far, that feeling of "VN-readers vs anime-viewers" this strong for any other VN anime adaption. And yet I watched other Key's VN anime adaptions without any issue.
Jan 29, 2017 7:34 AM

Sep 2011
Roadkiller said:

And I guess, by the look of this anime forum, that it is rated so high right now because 99% of the viewers are the VN junkies! I never felt, by far, that feeling of "VN-readers vs anime-viewers" this strong for any other VN anime adaption. And yet I watched other Key's VN anime adaptions without any issue.

You missed the Little Busters episode threads while it's airing for sure.

And I'm one of the users who has played the game but I haven't given this 2nd season a rating and I don't have a slightest desire to give this a high score(As of now) due to I'm also having same problems as you are, anime-only watchers, so I hope you don't count me on that crowd.
TennoujiJan 29, 2017 7:49 AM

Jan 29, 2017 7:42 AM

Jun 2013
Jonesy974 said:

Its rated high because its very faithful to the visual novel.

And i think it should be rated higher.
Jan 29, 2017 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
Murasa22 said:
Jonesy974 said:

Its rated high because its very faithful to the visual novel.

And i think it should be rated higher.

So far I only think a 7 is good enough for it (tho I gave it an 8 honestly but that's because it left a good impression on me...)
Jan 29, 2017 7:52 AM
Jun 2012
G_Spark233 said:
tolga1991 said:

Dont give a heck about happy or sad ending. They had all the universes all the possibilities they even created another planet just to play with and now we're back to boring old Earth? That is disappointing.
Jan 29, 2017 7:58 AM

Sep 2011
tolga1991 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Dont give a heck about happy or sad ending. They had all the universes all the possibilities they even created another planet just to play with and now we're back to boring old Earth? That is disappointing.

I hope you can able to justify your statement regarding that "boring old Earth" when you haven't seen what kind of story Terra(The final route) is. Are you saying that, according to your magic crystal ball, the events of the final route to be shown on the next episodes will be a disappointment for you because they're happening in the "boring old Earth"?
TennoujiJan 29, 2017 8:08 AM

Jan 29, 2017 8:08 AM

Jun 2013
Roadkiller said:
Jonesy974 said:

As an anime-only viewer, I know your feeling on this too!

Probably because Rewrite is the most complex and complete VN that Key has ever made. It's one of the best out there (you can check VNDB ratings if you want "proves") and because of that people will be 10x more critical about the anime adaptation. In my case, i think the first 13 episodes did okay on establishing the basics for anime onlies to understand Moon and Terra routes, but you need to pay really attention and not watch while browsing facebook or something.
Jan 29, 2017 8:27 AM
Jun 2012
Tennouji said:
tolga1991 said:

I hope you can able to justify your statement regarding that "boring old Earth" when you haven't seen what kind of story Terra(The final route) is. Are you saying that, according to your magic crystal ball, the events of the final route to be shown on the next episodes will be a disappointment for you because they're happening in the "boring old Earth"?

Yes the moment they decided to go back to Earth after all that scale I lost all my expectations towards this anime.
Jan 29, 2017 8:33 AM

Sep 2011
tolga1991 said:
Tennouji said:

Yes the moment they decided to go back to Earth after all that scale I lost all my expectations towards this anime.

Oh okay then. I have no more arguments on your statement and I'll just respect your perspective.

Jan 29, 2017 8:51 AM
Jun 2014
You might still be surprised. Terra is the opposite of Moon in that it's actually quite a personal story for Kotarou. Moon shows glimpses of the true Kotarou, but Terra basically flays his character inside-out. It might not be as metaphysical as Moon, but it's quite effective in getting you attached to characters you otherwise might not have cared about, especially Kotarou.
Jan 29, 2017 9:04 AM

Jan 2015
Was this the last episode? It feel like a finale a lot
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

95 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.