Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 21, 2017 4:26 PM
Jun 2014
allenjke said:

If i missed it somewhere in the first season can someone tell me why Kagari can't defend herself properly or how powerful/strong she is (considering she was killing Kotarou casually), but obv. not if it's still comming somewhere soon.

It wasn't quite covered in the first season and I doubt it will be, but Kagari is the strongest being in the setting. All monsters/familiars are said to be imitations of Kagari, being lifeforms created from aurora mixed with components of the Earth. Her offense/defensive capabilities should be, at least on paper, invincible. She reacts instinctively to hostility to deflect attacks and counter attack using her ribbons.

But her purpose isn't to fight. She only has those battle instincts to defend herself while she's observing the world. She has little capacity for strategies and isn't aggressive in the first place. Craftier opponents like humans or monsters directly controlled by a human can find ways to get around her defense system. She's very vulnerable to surprise attacks, drugs, or things like widespread poison.
Jan 21, 2017 4:35 PM
Dec 2014
I am indeed an anime-only viewer, didn't play the VN and so far this second season is mindf**king!
But from what I read here and in previous episode topic, it's a different route in the VN so WHY? Why did MAL tag this as sequel and not alternative setting/spin-off????

Any little clues (no spoil) to help me make my mind clear on all of this? I got that the multiverse theory is in effect in there, but it's a bit disturbing after the first season final that saw Gaïa succeeded. Things are already getting a bit clearer in my mind but I have to admit that 2nd season first episode was a real "WTF is going on"' for me :p
Jan 21, 2017 4:43 PM

Jun 2013
Roadkiller said:
I am indeed an anime-only viewer, didn't play the VN and so far this second season is mindf**king!
But from what I read here and in previous episode topic, it's a different route in the VN so WHY? Why did MAL tag this as sequel and not alternative setting/spin-off????:p

Because it is a sequel. You should pay more attention.
Jan 21, 2017 4:49 PM

Jul 2013
Roadkiller said:
But from what I read here and in previous episode topic, it's a different route in the VN so WHY? Why did MAL tag this as sequel and not alternative setting/spin-off????

Any little clues (no spoil) to help me make my mind clear on all of this? I got that the multiverse theory is in effect in there, but it's a bit disturbing after the first season final that saw Gaïa succeeded. Things are already getting a bit clearer in my mind but I have to admit that 2nd season first episode was a real "WTF is going on"' for me :p

This is a sequel to the first season. It may not feel like it, but it is. Here's somethin to lead you in the right direction:
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 21, 2017 5:12 PM
Dec 2014
Murasa22 said:

No need to be rude... Everyone else in here already agreed it's gonna be tough for anime-only viewers.

sanata50lbsb said:
This is a sequel to the first season. It may not feel like it, but it is. Here's something to lead you in the right direction:

Well, this second episode is helping but I was really disturbed the whole first episode with the intro it had.

And talking of different routes and sequel at the same time is non-sense to me :X
Amagami SS or Seiren have different routes featured in. For Rewrite, it's a multiverse story. It's two completely different concepts, in my opinion.

Anyway, I will keep watching it, it still feels interesting :)
Jan 21, 2017 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
Roadkiller said:
Murasa22 said:

No need to be rude... Everyone else in here already agreed it's gonna be tough for anime-only viewers.

I didn't mean to be rude though, i was just saying that it isn't that hard to grasp how these events connects with the first season. Also, Rewrite is split-cour so its the same as an 24 episode anime.
Jan 21, 2017 5:24 PM

Jul 2014
Yey a vocal version of Daisy !
Welp
Jan 21, 2017 5:53 PM

Jul 2016
Excellent, just an excellent episode. As much as they butchered the story throughout the first season, and spent half of the previous episode recapping a bunch of the story that should have been shown before, this was one was an almost perfect adaption of Moon. Next week is going to be great, with lots of fighting. Depending on whether they cover the rest of Moon in 1 or maybe 2 more episodes, next week may contain some of the most emotional moments of the whole story.
Jan 21, 2017 6:10 PM

Jun 2013
Acid is a hell of a drug.
Jan 21, 2017 6:25 PM

Sep 2015
Anyone know the name of the dance song? That's a must download.
Jan 21, 2017 6:37 PM

Jul 2016
Roadkiller said:

Nope, not alternate setting, just a continuation of the story. If you've never played a VN before, it may be hard to grasp the concept. Admittedly, this story is very difficult to adapt to a linear anime series, and the writers didn't do a good job of explaining things.

Rewrite (and other Key VNs - Clannad, Little Busters, etc) follow a similar formula. The first part of the game you go play through an introductory arc where you have to make a few decisions. Based on the decisions you make, the story goes down one of several heroine routes. The heroine routes' stories focus on the relationship between the MC and the girl you choose. While each of the heroine routes share the same characters and settings, the stories are completely different. In addition, each route introduces pieces of what later become the "true route", or the final arc of the overarching story (Little Busters Refrain, Clannad After Story, etc). In this style VN, you cannot begin playing the true route until all the heroine routes have been completed.

This style VN is very difficult to adapt into anime, as the story skips back and forth in time and doesn't have to be viewed in any particular order, but you need to see them all to collect the background information required to understand the true route. That's likely why the anime writers, instead of trying to adapt all 5 heroine routes of the game, created an anime-unique "Kagari Route" that attempted to stitch together important plot points from different routes in the VN into one cour. Unfortunately, this effort failed miserably.

What we're watching now, the "Moon Route", is unique to Rewrite. It's an intermediate arc that sets the stage for Terra, Rewrite's "true route". It's kind of like a meta-world where all the possibilities of all the previous routes (think alternate universes) come together.

The main things they're trying to show the viewer in Moon are that until now, all the possible alternative universes ended in ruin, and that Sakura Kashima is insane and wants to destroy all life in all possible universes. Something else important to understand, and that will make the upcoming episodes much more meaningful, is that the heroines that appeared at the end of this episode aren't the ones from the failed universe of the first season. Instead, like Kotarou, they are "meta" beings with memories of multiple alternative universes, including ones where they were Kotarou's lover.

The good thing for anime-only viewers is that it should get somewhat easier to understand from here on out. Unlike the mess they made of the first season, Terra should be much easier to adapt, as it's a linear story from beginning to end.

Terra tells the story of what Kagari determines to be the only possible universe where humanity will survive.

The only thing that may throw you off at first, and I don't think this is a spoiler anymore at this point in the story, is that Terra takes place 10 years prior to the first season.

Edit: Sorry, made lots of edits, hopefully it's understandable, if a bit long...

Extra, unnecessary information: This style of VN is different than VNs like Steins;Gate, which are MUCH easier to adapt. In Steins;Gate, there is only one main heroine, Chris. All the minor heroine routes are short stories that branch off the main story and can be skipped altogether (which is what the anime adaption did).
seeker_mocJan 21, 2017 7:40 PM
Jan 21, 2017 7:59 PM

May 2010
Another decent episode! Mainly featuring Kagari-chan's cuteness overflow <33
Also, Kotarou looked like he had galaxy leggings during his flight lol.

HecticLeo said:
Anyone know the name of the dance song? That's a must download.

Innocence Eye, but I'm pretty sure there's not full version yet.
Jan 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Jun 2013
Yep, I'm blanking on this part of Moon I can't remember anything from the VN that was covered this episode aside from Kashima Sakura's attack and the crew getting back together. I don't even recall a dance. Guess that comes with having read this roughly 5 years ago lol.

On a side note, Terra stuck around in my memory bank pretty well though. Looks like its coming up soon too, can't wait!
Jan 21, 2017 9:33 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Lucia-chan and girls are back, tears of joy :3

I'm loving the OST's for season 2, especially the ED
That Theory of Life, some deep complexity. The moment when Kotarou realized he messed up and accidentally put both of his hands on the platform Kagari is working on.

+1 for Kagari smile.
That was a very sweet dance which she gives a smile afterward.

Jan 22, 2017 2:31 AM

Dec 2011
I hope they will use this opening from the game in the next episode =3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xa84qH47VU
Jan 22, 2017 3:53 AM

Jun 2013
This was a nice episode. Liked the Koutaro Kagari moments. The old hag Sakura is after the Kagari here because she hates everything. Koutaro is here to protect her. In the other possible timelines he ended up choosing a different girl and ended up losing Kagari. So he has now realized that he must go the Kagari route. And he has his friends here to help him. Liked when they all showed up one by one. That was nice.
Jan 22, 2017 5:20 AM

Feb 2014
Kotarou's acid trip was very interesting, considering that he tried to gain as much knowledge as Kagari.

Like in episode 1, this episode was really well done, with the animation improving, the CGI also being consistent and the OST was very effective.

The best part for me was Kotarou and Kagari's dance under the moonlight. Along with the stunngly awesome song that was playing, it was simply marvellous to watch. Kagari's honest smile to Kotarou while they were dancing was beautiful! =)

Closely behind that was the return of the Occult Club members. Seeing all of the girls together with Kotarou once again for their final mission together was a pretty damn good scene. =D

I hope 8-bit can keep this momentum going all the way to the end of the 2nd season, as they are doing a great job so far. =)
Jan 22, 2017 6:53 AM

Dec 2014
why is this soconfusing...but making a little sense though... I think
Jan 22, 2017 7:29 AM
Feb 2016
It started out confusing but surprisingly made perfect sense at the end. Probably the best episode in the series so far. Let's hope this keeps up and this might just be significantly better than the first season.
Jan 22, 2017 8:43 AM

Oct 2012
I know they have to finish moon and terra in only 13 episodes, but the pacing is just too fast for the majority of the scenes to have any impact. The dancing scene was a little disappointing, but the OP spoiled my expectations to be fair, I liked the insert song but there were better choices they could have used. Still, it's not bad I guess, much better than the first season.
KoybzJan 22, 2017 8:46 AM
Jan 22, 2017 9:41 AM

Nov 2016
Episode was decent overall tho I still prefer first episode. It did feel like at somepoint they were kinda infodumping but I don't really mind tbh. Oka-ken go! It was only one sentence but... I missed my Akane's voice <3

« If you want to be yourself, then you must become strong and beautiful. »
- Vil Schoenheit
🕂Anime List🕂Manga List🕂VN List🕂
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Jan 22, 2017 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
Can't lie, shed some tears at the end
Jan 22, 2017 10:56 AM

Jan 2015
My boy Kotarou going on for a kiss :3

Jan 22, 2017 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
Why doesnt he use one of those higher levels of intelligence to find a way to deal with the Gaia woman. She may have many lifetimes of knowledge and hate but it seems that would still pale in comparison to the things he can access if hes been to the limit of human understanding.
Jan 22, 2017 11:27 AM

Sep 2014
UmbraIra said:
Why doesnt he use one of those higher levels of intelligence to find a way to deal with the Gaia woman. She may have many lifetimes of knowledge and hate but it seems that would still pale in comparison to the things he can access if hes been to the limit of human understanding.

Well, he did use his new knowledge to recreate the club members from the traces of their existence he had found earlier.
There is no sanity here, we are madmen engaging in usless folly.
Jan 22, 2017 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
CGI killed it for me. Pacing too fast. In the VN the whole scene where Kotarou keeps rewriting his comprehensive abilities was so much better. It felt pretty cheap in the anime. The dancing scene again felt a bit cheap. When you watch an anime from a VN you expect it to bring the story to life with animation. But this is just a rushed version of the VN with cheap art. Only reason I'm still watching is curiosity, and the upcoming comedy scenes which is the only thing 1st season got right.
Jan 22, 2017 1:15 PM
Jun 2011
rasenshiruken973 said:
CGI killed it for me. Pacing too fast. In the VN the whole scene where Kotarou keeps rewriting his comprehensive abilities was so much better. It felt pretty cheap in the anime. The dancing scene again felt a bit cheap. When you watch an anime from a VN you expect it to bring the story to life with animation. But this is just a rushed version of the VN with cheap art. Only reason I'm still watching is curiosity, and the upcoming comedy scenes which is the only thing 1st season got right.
i disagree with you aobut the dancing scence. it didnt felt cheap at all and i VN reader
Jan 22, 2017 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
elior1 said:
rasenshiruken973 said:
i disagree with you aobut the dancing scence. it didnt felt cheap at all and i VN reader

Same, it was done fast but it wasn't really rushed honestly. It didn't felt cheap either, also... for the animation part, you can't really expect much since they got a shit schedule (I think it was decent but nothing bad honestly)
Jan 22, 2017 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Hamelin said:
Yep, I'm blanking on this part of Moon I can't remember anything from the VN that was covered this episode aside from Kashima Sakura's attack and the crew getting back together. I don't even recall a dance. Guess that comes with having read this roughly 5 years ago lol.

On a side note, Terra stuck around in my memory bank pretty well though. Looks like its coming up soon too, can't wait!

They did fewlittle changes in Moon but they aren't drastic, I think it brings a better impact compared to the Visual Novel's section. I re-read it and they only did somethings here and there and made few additions... it feels actually natural in that point. Example:

Jan 22, 2017 3:14 PM

Jul 2015
A surprisingly great episode. It's the first time I enjoy this anime.

5/5
Jan 22, 2017 8:21 PM

Oct 2013
this was one of my favourite eps for rewrite. the animation got better as well. and the ost is so good!
Jan 23, 2017 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
so does this mean this anime is worth watching back from s1?
Jan 23, 2017 11:35 AM

Jun 2013
Chartemis said:

S1 won't make sense if you don't watch S2 basically. So yes, you should watch it.
Jan 23, 2017 11:58 AM

Jan 2015
Chartemis said:

You should go to play the Visual Novel, but since you won't ... so you must watch S1.
Jan 23, 2017 12:48 PM

Apr 2015
Arikado- said:
Chartemis said:

You should go to play the Visual Novel, but since you won't ... so you must watch S1.

That's like a death sentence!

Anyway, 2nd episode was good too. A bit rushed here and there, and too much of infodumping, but overall it's pretty solid stuff. Minus the art of course. Fuck that art. Fuck it to hell.
N7n4shiJan 23, 2017 2:37 PM
Jan 23, 2017 3:18 PM
Jun 2016
Anyone else feel that the first season for all it's problems was needed? Seeing one of the paths, and now here where we see what is really going on, it just....felt so right. Without the first season this just wouldn't have worked.
Jan 23, 2017 3:32 PM

Apr 2015
wolfwing said:
Anyone else feel that the first season for all it's problems was needed? Seeing one of the paths, and now here where we see what is really going on, it just....felt so right. Without the first season this just wouldn't have worked.

No, it wasn't. 2nd season works well without that garbage.
Jan 23, 2017 4:53 PM
Nov 2015
Looking at those positive feedback of season, I almost cry. Previously there is a idiot said that key will fade into dust pretty soon. However, this season definitely proves that he is damn't wrong, key shall never fade, key shall keep making audience drop their tears, shall make them thought, shall still inspire them and encourage them. Let's hype!!!!!!!
Jan 24, 2017 1:08 AM

Mar 2009
Good episode. They're starting to explain some things now, so that cleared up some of my confusion in the previous episode. Some of it!

This season is indeed better than the first one. Gotta agree with everyone else here.

Nice to see the gang all back at the end, btw.
Jan 24, 2017 2:35 PM

Dec 2012
Very confusing, but after reading all your comments I think I understand what happened. And even if I was a little lost during the episode, the animation, the OSTs and the story were pretty good.
I am looking forward to learn more about their mission and what will happens with the Occult Club
Jan 24, 2017 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
wolfwing said:

S1 despite the issues it had, gave enough information towards Moon and Terra, so in a sense, it works at least in my opinion. It gave enough info and background to my eyes.

Chartemis said:

If you want to go and understand stuff quickly then I suggest watch the first season. If you really want to get through things quickly.

If you have the patiency to read the Visual Novel then I suggest you to give the VN a shot. But it's all up to you honestly.
Jan 24, 2017 6:59 PM

Oct 2014
im still confused as hell but wow this episode was beautiful

i've heard this portion of the vn is much better but i've never played any vns so i wouldn't know, but i was so disappointed with season one so i didn't have much hope for season two but.. so far, so good!!
Jan 24, 2017 8:18 PM

Dec 2009
I really don't like the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics. It's complete fantastic nonsense.

This anime is clumsy as hell too.

GenesisAriaJan 24, 2017 8:40 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 25, 2017 5:16 AM

May 2012
2nd season is inferior so far. I don't know what is going on, and notting interesting happened so far
Jan 25, 2017 5:49 AM

Apr 2015
thepath said:
2nd season is inferior so far. I don't know what is going on, and notting interesting happened so far

I can give you a quick summary: 2nd season is not for anime onlies. The end.
Jan 25, 2017 8:33 AM

Feb 2014
You know, they're actually doing a pretty good adaptation of Moon. There's some things that are just a tad rushed, but for the most part it's pretty solid. I feel so bad for AOs though, I bet they're liking it but probably a lot of stuff still doesn't make too much sense. It makes me wonder how they put together such a terrible season 1 and then they actually do alright now. It's amazing what happens when you just follow the source isn't it?

The last two episodes I do like the teases they made to each route's end and other points during the routes.

Honestly if you're someone who still wants to read the VN, those routes are still worth playing through plus there's still a good amount of stuff that is skipped even in this fairly good adaptation we got going on here.

Overall, I've been pretty happy with this. Honestly imo, they should just adapted Kotori's route in the first season and then go on to Moon and Terra. Kotori's is the most middle of the road route and is a great intro into the world. Would have been a lot better than what we got in the first season.
Jan 25, 2017 9:32 AM

Jun 2015
LoomyTheBrew said:
You know, they're actually doing a pretty good adaptation of Moon. There's some things that are just a tad rushed, but for the most part it's pretty solid. I feel so bad for AOs though, I bet they're liking it but probably a lot of stuff still doesn't make too much sense. It makes me wonder how they put together such a terrible season 1 and then they actually do alright now. It's amazing what happens when you just follow the source isn't it?

The last two episodes I do like the teases they made to each route's end and other points during the routes.

Honestly if you're someone who still wants to read the VN, those routes are still worth playing through plus there's still a good amount of stuff that is skipped even in this fairly good adaptation we got going on here.

Overall, I've been pretty happy with this. Honestly imo, they should just adapted Kotori's route in the first season and then go on to Moon and Terra. Kotori's is the most middle of the road route and is a great intro into the world. Would have been a lot better than what we got in the first season.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TELLING EVERYONE.. JUST F**** ADAPT KOTORI HER ROUTE.

(Or lucia that would be fine too she's cute asf)
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 25, 2017 8:35 PM

Nov 2011
When Tennouji twisted Kagari's neck around I was like "Oh shit!"
I wonder where he got those dark thoughts from?

Still confused why everyone was there but oh well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 26, 2017 6:07 AM

Jan 2015
SoraSenpai said:
When Tennouji twisted Kagari's neck around I was like "Oh shit!"
I wonder where he got those dark thoughts from?

Still confused why everyone was there but oh well.

Ideed, the anime could have done better for ppl realize it easy
Jan 28, 2017 8:41 AM
Mar 2012
Very dense infodump with screentext, but i got some questions answered.
Aurora, gaia leader & Kotarou roles explained.
Animation & cg were ok, it's dark anyways. Dance music was nice.
Nearly whole ep was monologue hard to pull off for one va, but mc did ok & nice osts helped.
yay Yoshino & kfc statue are back.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

95 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.