Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 21, 2017 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode felt kinda surreal. A lot of character chemistry between Tennouji and Kagari...

The reflection of Tennouji's memories and his connections to that world brings this episode to an interesting light. From what I've read somewhere, people were anticipating the "dance" and well, they adapted it! Beautiful theme song they played during that segment too imo :D
Jan 21, 2017 7:02 AM

Apr 2012
He didn't have to be naked during the acid trip. The glittering effects kinda distracted me, but from the theory-reading till the end I was almost completely absorbed into the episode (albeit multiple derps near the end) and I fucking teared up during the dancing scene. Best episode imo. The next will probably be the best for me if they don't fuck up. I liked the Moon ending more than Terra.

The music choices are superb and I like how they cut off kuroboshibyo this time.
inuvivoJan 21, 2017 7:08 AM
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jan 21, 2017 7:07 AM

Aug 2013
I'm so glad they didn't disappoint in this Moon route adaption, as well as Hinagiku's vocal version (insert) and remix version (ending). They fit so perfectly in this Moon route.

Can't wait for
TopSpadeJan 21, 2017 7:20 AM
Cute is justice.
Jan 21, 2017 8:29 AM

Jun 2013
Me after this episode:

That was beautiful...i can't even....
Jan 21, 2017 8:30 AM

Jun 2015
Murasa22 said:
Me after this episode:

WHERE DID YOU WATCH IT PLS PM ME?!
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 21, 2017 8:32 AM

Jun 2013
Takamura-sama said:
Murasa22 said:
Me after this episode:

It's already out on Crunchyroll
Jan 21, 2017 8:33 AM

May 2014
Takamura-sama said:
Murasa22 said:
Me after this episode:

You can watch on Daisuki
Jan 21, 2017 8:41 AM
Jan 2013
So is this season worth continuing?
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Jan 21, 2017 8:43 AM

Dec 2014
Now THIS is the Rewrite I love. I was kinda worried going into this season, and especially this episode, considering all the mind trippy stuff they had to adapt, but they pulled it off spectacularly. Moon has always been my favorite route by far, and even I who found last episode kinda badly put together despite all the positive reception, can vouch for this episode. The CGI even looked pretty good! Color me impressed
Jan 21, 2017 8:48 AM

Jan 2012
The last 8 minutes or so of this were alright. Not good mind you, but alright. The rest was confusing and nonsensically presented enough to actually give me a headache. Well at least the girls are back. I need some ibuprofen...
Jan 21, 2017 8:56 AM

Jan 2015
Koutarou accidentally "reviewing" the event from last season, and suddenly the information flowing into him and he got berserk.
Did Koutarou trying to kiss Kagari after that dancing? LOL
So Kuotarou gathered all the club members or even more than that? for this war. Nice choice, Koutarou.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 21, 2017 8:57 AM

Jun 2015
I cried this whole fucking episode T_T
11/10 EPISODE OMG I FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO LOVE AGAIN :)

AND THE DANCE WAS SO GOOD! I CRIED SO MUCH I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT REWRITE

KOTORI IS BACK FINALLY. NO KOTORI NO LIFE

I love kotori not simply see her as my waifu ;)

VN spoilers
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 21, 2017 8:58 AM

Sep 2015
The best part of moon has start

Someone will say "oh look its grisaia its time for heroine replay what mc did to save each of them"

I don't remember this here

Let's see how many anime viewer only remember Sakura
ZBlastHistoryJan 21, 2017 9:03 AM
Into the Internet!
Jan 21, 2017 9:14 AM

Dec 2012
Very good episode again.
We got the acid trip which was different than what I was expecting but it was good. The Kotarou looking at the theorem was very well made. They showed some scenes from routes like Lucia date :D. Dance was the best scene with that song. Then the declare of war was even better than the VN.

S2 actually feels like a real adaptation of Rewrite
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jan 21, 2017 9:26 AM

Feb 2008
Excellent episode, singing were quite good and Kagari finally show some emoticon.

Welcome back Occult Club, now everyone here. Not sure if they will cover fun part with Sakuya FAT and when they play around with world simulation.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 21, 2017 9:36 AM

Aug 2013
fuck, I almost teared up at the dancing scene, the ost just so beautifully voiced..

I can understand the whole thing cuz I'm a VN reader
but can anime only viewer understand?
Jan 21, 2017 9:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Why is this so much better than S1 lol....Man I loved the second half
Jan 21, 2017 9:42 AM

Jul 2015
I guess 8bit and Aniplex got a wake-up call due to the bad reception of Season 1 and decided to just follow the VN and improve their animation quality. The CG are not so bad that it bleeds your eyes anymore.

I am glad that they decided to postpone the release. I can't imagine what was planned at first.

4/5 for this ep.
AdrianRubinskyJan 21, 2017 9:46 AM
Jan 21, 2017 9:46 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Might still be a bit confusing for anime-onlys but that aside this is starting to turn into a pretty solid adaptation. I was saying for the last couple months that at least on paper S2 should be way easier to adapt pacing-wise, but I didn't really dare to get my hopes up until I saw it in action. But so far so good. Let's just hope they keep it together all the way to the end
Jan 21, 2017 9:48 AM

Jul 2012
I think till now it was just a casual watching this series, but this episode was the first one that i can call very good/great! That dancing scene was beatiful and finally the Occult Club is back!
I assume that this is another 13 ep. season so is the whole season one big arc, kinda doesn't feel like it cause just these episodes showed quite a lot.
If i missed it somewhere in the first season can someone tell me why Kagari can't defend herself properly or how powerful/strong she is (considering she was killing Kotarou casually), but obv. not if it's still comming somewhere soon.
Jan 21, 2017 9:53 AM

Apr 2012
Just epic.... T.T

Jan 21, 2017 9:56 AM

Jul 2015
allenjke said:
I think till now it was just a casual watching this series, but this episode was the first one that i can call very good/great! That dancing scene was beatiful and finally the Occult Club is back!
I assume that this is another 13 ep. season so is the whole season one big arc, kinda doesn't feel like it cause just these episodes showed quite a lot.
If i missed it somewhere in the first season can someone tell me why Kagari can't defend herself properly or how powerful/strong she is (considering she was killing Kotarou casually), but obv. not if it's still comming somewhere soon.

This is a big spoiler. Please note that Gaia was using Kagari as a tool for the reset during the main routes and now is acting as a Guardian trying to kill it. But because you didn't see much of the heroines routes, this piece of info may not be very clear. You can see something is off.
Jan 21, 2017 9:57 AM

Feb 2014
ARubinsky said:
I guess 8bit and Aniplex got a wake-up call due to the bad reception of Season 1 and decided to just follow the VN and improve their animation quality. The CG are not so bad that it bleeds your eyes anymore.

I am glad that they decided to postpone the release. I can't imagine what was planned at first.

4/5 for this ep.

I think they were always planning to try their best at following the VN. The biggest problem is, I don't know, having 13 episodes to cover the common + 5 heroine routes? Episode restrictions suck, and they had their best intentions trying to make an anime original route. It just fell really flat.
Now they just have a linear story line to adapt, which is no issue, which is why the adaptation is so much better now.
Jan 21, 2017 10:01 AM

Dec 2014
It was a good episode but as an anime-only, I'm a little sad that I can't feel as strongly about the show as some of the other people here since I don't have the same level of connection to the characters that you guys who have read the VN have. Must be pretty great to see this series properly eh?

I pretty much liked the info dump first half, The cycle and philosophy of life was pretty interesting. I already had an idea about the tree from last episode since it was similar to Steins;Gate's world lines. That being said a lot of questions regarding the current situation are still left unanswered and I hope they will be by the end of the show.

Second half was very nice, the dancing scene was great.

Occult Club is back, nice to see the girls again. :)
Jan 21, 2017 10:26 AM

Jul 2012
@ARubinsky Ok thank you, i thought mb Kotarou saying that he is Kagari's counter-part was the case, but that's probably not exactly right. I hope there will some kind of explanation.
Jan 21, 2017 10:29 AM

Jan 2015
Eienatsu said:
Wow... WTF IS GOING ON? I thought this episode was adapted really well too. Moon is my favorite route in the VN. I fucking bawwed the majority of the episode. The music was amazing and the acid trip was done well.

If they keep this up I'll be completely destroyed by the end of Moon.

Now, this is the Rewrite I love.

I just feel really bad for anime-only viewers that had to experience Rewrite first-hand from the 1st season. The impacts for everything are nerfed and a lot of things won't make as much sense for them.

Here are the parts from the VN that was adapted this episode:
1:07:37 to 2:15:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc5jOPbM9YY

0:00:00 to 0:29:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvLkONmTVrE

^ I think so too.

But anyway, the episode was pretty good, the pacing, and even action scenes wasn't shameful as the S1, improved a lot.
Jan 21, 2017 10:35 AM

May 2014
Not bad really. Animation could have been better here and there, but I don't have any major complains. It makes me wonder how they are gonna pull pout endings of both Moon and Terra. Will they change them or adapt original...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2017 10:37 AM

Sep 2015
Blackbird said:
Not sure if they will cover fun part with Sakuya HB and when they play around with world simulation.

If they remove best part from moon

I can't do anything about it....

Buu!
ZBlastHistoryJan 21, 2017 10:40 AM
Into the Internet!
Jan 21, 2017 10:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The acid trip was crazy, really liked that. The OST is great as always, the dance scene was also nice.

Already much better than the first season all together, can't say it enough.
Jan 21, 2017 11:05 AM
Aug 2010
AOTS, they really improved on the mess that was last season, I just hope they maintain this quality level for the rest of the episodes.
Jan 21, 2017 11:09 AM

Aug 2015
We got our Lucia CG! I'm somewhat satisfied now.
Jan 21, 2017 11:10 AM

Mar 2016
I will finally say that second season is better than first for now, need to wait to see if this keeps up
Jan 21, 2017 11:16 AM

Feb 2016
lol a lot of people praising it already, i'll just pretend that "first season" never happened, because this is totally miles ahead from the first adaptation, tho i hope they don't ruin it, because the same happened with the first one, starts okay, but ends being completely a mess... i hope they not, because it is really promising
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 21, 2017 11:23 AM

Jun 2013
that acid trip was something lol
Jan 21, 2017 11:31 AM

Jun 2014
Damn that dance scene was really something. I kind of wish it lasted a couple more minutes, it was really nice to watch.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 21, 2017 11:48 AM
Feb 2014
Bring Sakuya Heavy Body!!!!
Jan 21, 2017 11:50 AM
Jul 2013
The first two episodes of this are already better than the entire first season. It shows what happens when a series is paced correctly and allows for emotional development.
Jan 21, 2017 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
Hmm. As an anime-only person, I didn't really get some of the information that is being shown in this episode, like what was the "acid trip" about?
The rest is fine though.
KiesAgentJan 21, 2017 12:42 PM
Jan 21, 2017 12:41 PM

Jun 2013
KiesAgent said:
Hmm. As an anime-only person, I didn't really get some of the information that is being shown in this episode, like what was the "acid trip" about?
The rest is fine though,

Kotarou rewrote his mind to understand Kagari's theory and all other concepts of the universe, like evolution and love (he basically tried to gain the same knowledge she has), so he could help her out with the research. The "acid trip" was the process of that.
Jan 21, 2017 12:44 PM

Jun 2015
Murasa22 said:
KiesAgent said:
The rest is fine though,

Kotarou rewrote his mind to understand Kagari's theory and all other concepts of the universe, like evolution and love (he basically tried to gain the same knowledge she has), so he could help her out with the research. The "acid trip" was the process of that.
Eienatsu said:
KiesAgent said:
The rest is fine though,

Even at the cap of human knowledge, it impossible to understand what life is and its purpose.

Even though Kagari has superhuman knowledge, she still can't find a way to prevent humanity from ending themselves. Kotarou wants to help Kagari but he hits the limit for a human to reach in knowledge.

Also, just in case anyone else missed it, even the "happy ends" Kotarou lived through eventually led to the World ending.

That's all you need to get out of it for now.

Damn it got super philosophical for a moment there, thanks guys.
Jan 21, 2017 12:46 PM

Jul 2013
KiesAgent said:
The rest is fine though.

Basically Kotarou rewrote his mind to better understand the Theory of Life. Since it is so complex, he had to keep rewriting his mind which then brought him to the peak of human capacity- physically and mentally.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 21, 2017 12:46 PM

Jun 2015
I'm too confused to understand what's going on, but I know just a little bit. I'm love the OST in this episode. It sounds great. The dancing scene was really beautiful. The Occult Club is back. Nice to see everyone again.
Jan 21, 2017 12:54 PM

Jun 2016
Really confusing, animation is way better and ost is strong
Jan 21, 2017 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, this episode was pretty great personally. I got wrecked at the end mostly because I felt happy seeing my favorite characters again, for what its worth, it was worth.

The animation got at least better with the directing and how it looked, the CGI also didn't looked bad either, in fact its actually decent because of it being the night time + the atmosphere fits too.

There were few minor things that could have been better but I think overall it was pretty great.

P.S: The dance scene and the song used for it were perfect in my honest opinion, especially the new arrangement songs though, they go very well.
Jan 21, 2017 1:05 PM
Jun 2011
BlackstarFallen said:
I'm too confused to understand what's going on, but I know just a little bit. I'm love the OST in this episode. It sounds great. The dancing scene was really beautiful. The Occult Club is back. Nice to see everyone again.
like you i started to understend a little about what going on here but not completly but i guess it will make sense the more they give us info
Jan 21, 2017 2:51 PM

Apr 2015
I honestly loved this episode.
It was very nice to see the occult club getting together again :D
Jan 21, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2013
This so great! Everything is becoming a lot more understandable in this episode.

So happy to see everyone return!
Jan 21, 2017 3:32 PM

May 2015
The transitions are still kinda out of place for me, but other than that, this was a fantastic episode. So much better than S1 so far. Sure a lot of things are still kinda confusing, but things started to make a lot more sense in this episode as well in my opinion.
ReverberateJan 21, 2017 3:40 PM

Jan 21, 2017 4:07 PM
May 2016
After the end of the second episode i screamed "what the fuck" about 5 thousand times. This was really incredible and i love what they have done with everything i nearly cried during the dance. I am exited for the next episode.
Jan 21, 2017 4:13 PM

Aug 2014
Another solid episode? Is this...for real? There is actually hope for this adaptation atleast, next episode will be hype af!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

95 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.