Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 17, 2017 7:51 PM

Mar 2016
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Holy fluffernutters! It was... good? I can't believe this! Am I in another timeline?
I mean, the art is still pure dog shit (even I can draw better than that!), but everything else was spot on. Color me fuckin' impressed! Waiting for the next one. Don't fuck this up again 8bit.

I'm still giving it a 6 for now, it really needs to PROVE itself for that score of mine to go up, that first season was so bad (this is coming from someone who read the rewrite vn and got hyped about the anime and then gets disappointed)
Jan 17, 2017 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
Authoaria said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Holy fluffernutters! It was... good? I can't believe this! Am I in another timeline?
I mean, the art is still pure dog shit (even I can draw better than that!), but everything else was spot on. Color me fuckin' impressed! Waiting for the next one. Don't fuck this up again 8bit.

You know they did something when Gotrys enjoyed it, way to go 8bit! Now let's see if they can continue this trend! I really hope they do. Please just keep a good adaptation going 8bit!

I actually saw this from a message screenshot and welp XD I am actually surprised but that's a good sign if he enjoyed it :T

Lets hope if it keeps up with the consistency and the pacing it's going for this one.
Jan 18, 2017 5:43 AM

May 2012
Noting interesting happened. It felt like watching s recap episode
Jan 18, 2017 11:34 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty good comedic moments, especially Koutarou's pervert tendencies. But also was quite confusing at times, guess they took some vn heroines routes to some scenes. Btw that OL girl of beer party some original chara??? And if he has memories of marriages and future, then not in every route the planet was reset?
Jan 18, 2017 2:53 PM

Feb 2014
rinneganfire4u said:
Pretty good comedic moments, especially Koutarou's pervert tendencies. But also was quite confusing at times, guess they took some vn heroines routes to some scenes. Btw that OL girl of beer party some original chara??? And if he has memories of marriages and future, then not in every route the planet was reset?

I don't quite know what you were asking in that last part there, but with that OL, she was mentioned in the VN. She was mentioned in the same manner, basically showing that not only did Kotarou have lives where he lived with the heroines, he's also had lives where he married other people, lived as a soldier, etc.
Jan 19, 2017 9:40 PM

Feb 2013
Confused....but I was a bit confused with the first season lol.

Seems like a good start.
Jan 20, 2017 3:32 PM

Oct 2008
First episode of Season 2 feels like Edge of Tomorrow, getting killed many times and then start over.
I really hope Season 2 redeems itself from the very bad Season 1 especially the episode 13 wherein it seems all is doomed to fall.
4/5.
matias067Jan 20, 2017 3:38 PM

Jan 27, 2017 10:02 AM
Mar 2012
was laughing most way thru, Kotarou still funny & some maybe unintentional.
Memories felt messy & confusing. 2 longer ones seemed important.
1st Kotori with shotgun (& chainsaw, lol so out of character manly, & Kagari funny screams), so somehow Key going to earth means Druid loses power, then mc dies...? Huh then after lots of persuasion they go nope, oh random Trex is back (Omg it's in 2D!! Actually the biggest revelation compared to all this plot.), then Shizuru fullscope killsteals.
2nd Shizuru farewell, also seemed important but no idea what their plan was.

I'll assume that hill is in their dream or definitely not on earth. Strange Kagari seems to forget mc while he remembers, plot better explain this. Nice 3 cups of coffee & 1 cup of mantears. And Kagari's goal in finding a good(?) world line to follow, while cutting the bad ends like s1.

Nice osts. Not sure plot any better than s1, but after memories it's quite focused.
Jan 27, 2017 12:02 PM

Jan 2015
gophercg said:
1st Kotori with shotgun (& chainsaw, lol so out of character manly, & Kagari funny screams), so somehow Key going to earth means Druid loses power, then mc dies...? Huh then after lots of persuasion they go nope, oh random Trex is back (Omg it's in 2D!! Actually the biggest revelation compared to all this plot.), then Shizuru fullscope killsteals.
(...)

1st Kagari was going to bring the salvation, somethings happened and changed Kotori mind, so her decided to kill Kagari instead, and not a random T-Rex, it's Gaia's monster/familiar searching for the Key - part of Kotori's route VN, "other world line", the anime won't show it.

2nd The salvation was starting, Shizuru was going to a Guardian shelter and Kotarou don't - part of Shizuru route VN, "other world line", the anime won't show it.

As you said "Kagari's goal in finding a good(?) world line to follow". you are on the right track.
Jan 28, 2017 2:58 AM

Dec 2012
gophercg said:

I'll assume that hill is in their dream or definitely not on earth. Strange Kagari seems to forget mc while he remembers, plot better explain this. Nice 3 cups of coffee & 1 cup of mantears. And Kagari's goal in finding a good(?) world line to follow, while cutting the bad ends like s1.

Nice osts. Not sure plot any better than s1, but after memories it's quite focused.

The Trex was CG man. It was just well-done CG (which is rare, I know).
Jan 28, 2017 5:25 AM
Jul 2018
TakeMeInYourArmy said:
gophercg said:

I kinda found this funny since they could have done this with S1 (what they did is that they added detail towards the CG to make it look like its like 2D in a way, which works), but yeah, its rare to see good CG.
Jan 28, 2017 6:49 AM
Mar 2012
Arikado- said:
gophercg said:
(...)

1st Kagari was going to bring the salvation, somethings happened and changed Kotori mind, so her decided to kill Kagari instead, and not a random T-Rex, it's Gaia's monster/familiar searching for the Key - part of Kotori's route VN, "other world line", the anime won't show it.

2nd The salvation was starting, Shizuru was going to a Guardian shelter and Kotarou don't - part of Shizuru route VN, "other world line", the anime won't show it.

As you said "Kagari's goal in finding a good(?) world line to follow". you are on the right track.

thx for clarifying, plot seems interesting but I'll not spoil myself now. I thought it's the same gaia trex as s1? Or a different monster?
Jan 28, 2017 6:53 AM
Mar 2012
Symphyon said:
TakeMeInYourArmy said:

I kinda found this funny since they could have done this with S1 (what they did is that they added detail towards the CG to make it look like its like 2D in a way, which works), but yeah, its rare to see good CG.

Watched again, actually 1st long shot in the dark is CG. 2 & 3 closeups were 2D. 4th where it leaves seems a mix of cg + redrawing (loose roto). It's a lot more work than straight cel shading, so maybe s1 didn't have that budget.
Jan 28, 2017 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
gophercg said:
Symphyon said:

Watched again, actually 1st long shot in the dark is CG. 2 & 3 closeups were 2D. 4th where it leaves seems a mix of cg + redrawing (loose roto). It's a lot more work than straight cel shading, so maybe s1 didn't have that budget.

Well I was more pointing at the Kotori one but true.

And about the entire budget thing, not really. Most of the issues S1 had production wise was time constrains + the schedule the production company gave to the staff was horrible.
Jan 28, 2017 8:44 AM

Jan 2015
gophercg said:
Arikado- said:

thx for clarifying, plot seems interesting but I'll not spoil myself now. I thought it's the same gaia trex as s1? Or a different monster?

Is the same, the Earth Dragon, but now it matches more with the VN.
Feb 2, 2017 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad I got to see more snippets out of the individual girl routes.
Feb 9, 2017 4:32 PM

Jul 2015
Rin_Kitsune said:
what the fuck is going on (that's ok I know what's going on since I read the VN but if I didn't this would be a problem)

And with that being said, rip to all of us who have not read the VN.

Anyways, I'm not sure how I feel about this episode. It was entertaining, yet boring at the same time. Hopefully in the next few episodes they'll explain everything.. I mean, if it's true that his memories were from different timelines, then in what timeline was the first season from? The latest one? If so, then is that what leads him to where he is now, which is the latest timeline? Where even is he in this timeline and how is he respawning? Welp, hopefully they'll answer us in the next few episodes. Still unsure what this season will be about. But all I know is that Akane is still best girl.

caught in the wonder
Feb 9, 2017 5:01 PM
Aug 2013
Gem said:

And with that being said, rip to all of us who have not read the VN.

Anyways, I'm not sure how I feel about this episode. It was entertaining, yet boring at the same time. Hopefully in the next few episodes they'll explain everything.. I mean, if it's true that his memories were from different timelines, then in what timeline was the first season from? The latest one? If so, then is that what leads him to where he is now, which is the latest timeline? Where even is he in this timeline and how is he respawning? Welp, hopefully they'll answer us in the next few episodes. Still unsure what this season will be about. But all I know is that Akane is still best girl.

I would say all the timelines, including season 1's, are simultaneous as far as the three dimensional world can tell xD. In moon, Kotarou isn't in any timeline, he is in the place where all the information of the timelines converge, as he is now his converged-self, he can remember every timeline. And he keeps respawning because that is the nature of that dimension, he just disperses and re-converges. All of this isn't spoiler because the VN is the one that really explains in detail the nature of that place. Aaaand if you think Akane is best girl you should go read the damn VN right fucking now dude, Akane's route is AMAZING, the most complex of them all (excluding moon and terra for obvious reasons).
Feb 9, 2017 5:09 PM

Jul 2015
Rodielx said:
I would say all the timelines, including season 1's, are simultaneous as far as the three dimensional world can tell xD. In moon, Kotarou isn't in any timeline, he is in the place where all the information of the timelines converge, as he is now his converged-self, he can remember every timeline. And he keeps respawning because that is the nature of that dimension, he just disperses and re-converges. All of this isn't spoiler because the VN is the one that really explains in detail the nature of that place. Aaaand if you think Akane is best girl you should go read the damn VN right fucking now dude, Akane's route is AMAZING, the most complex of them all (excluding moon and terra for obvious reasons).

Ayyyee thanks for the response! ^^ I think I get it now. But now, why is Kotarou even there in the first place? And why only him? And I'll be sure to check out the VN bc of what you said, if I can find it at least haha.

caught in the wonder
Feb 9, 2017 11:43 PM
Aug 2013
Gem said:

Ayyyee thanks for the response! ^^ I think I get it now. But now, why is Kotarou even there in the first place? And why only him? And I'll be sure to check out the VN bc of what you said, if I can find it at least haha.

Why is Kotarou there and only him. This is more or less explained as well in episode 1 and 2. In episode 1 you can see that actually everyone is in there, but not in their physical forms, so why is only Kotarou in physical form? Because he has a deep connection to Kagari and by being there he is fulfilling his role.
But anyway Rewrite is really complex, no one really understands everything even being VN reader hahaha. This is just my interpretation, that shouldn't be TOO wrong. You're welcome ^^
Feb 11, 2017 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
Ahh, confusing as always..
Feb 16, 2017 9:25 AM

Jul 2009
I am confused as hell, like many here said...and I also don't like the "gonna date everyone" route.
Mar 18, 2017 8:30 AM

Dec 2012
I wasn't really sure whether to pick this up after the first season. Glad I finally got around to it, I was wondering how they were going to make a sequel out of what happened last time. Very confused about what direction this is supposed to take which has enticed me into wanting to watch all the more.
Mar 18, 2017 12:14 PM
Aug 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
I wasn't really sure whether to pick this up after the first season. Glad I finally got around to it, I was wondering how they were going to make a sequel out of what happened last time. Very confused about what direction this is supposed to take which has enticed me into wanting to watch all the more.

Pay attention then or you'll get lost real fast lol too many people having a hard time understanding moon. Though the badly made anime is at fault too.
Apr 3, 2017 9:31 AM

Jan 2014
I am an anime only watchers and I found this confusing.
But now I get it after read some explanation on other thread in this subforum.
Apr 21, 2017 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah... "the fuck was going on" is basically this episode, as an anime only viewer.
Apr 28, 2017 1:35 PM

May 2012
Well this sure is an amazing start of this second season! Looking forward to see what this season will have to offer!
Jun 15, 2017 10:32 PM

Mar 2015
Anime-only viewer here, yup, confused af, but I get the gist that Tennouji gets multiple tries with multiple paths
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 17, 2018 2:35 PM

Oct 2012
And again it was confirmed that this is only fanservice adaptation for readers of the novel... no way would anime-only viewers get all the loose ends in this episode (especially regarding all other characters' backstories, some from original game, some totally made up and some from Harvest Festa fandisc.

Still, it wasn't half bad, and since Moon is probably my favourite part of the novel this was actually nice setup to make sure it could work even in anime.

I really wonder how well they would do the next episode.
Apr 29, 2020 10:24 PM

Feb 2018
Spek for all route?? Time to rewrite 2nd seasson
Aug 10, 2021 3:55 PM

Jan 2020
Well this looks much better than season 1 both in terms of cgi usage and just the animation and art style in general.

Aug 25, 2021 2:39 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow it seems totally different now, seems like he experienced so many loops and lives but now he's alone with Kagari now, interesting.
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Jul 2012
I think I am going to skip this sh*t..
I am not going to consume the same sh*t twice 😑👎

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

95 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.