Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Ao Haru Ride could have been Kimi Ni Todoke! ( if Kou didnt have to go through that shit)!

New
Jan 11, 2017 7:28 AM
Dec 2016
I get the same feeling when I watch Kazehaya and Sawako interact and Kou and Futaba's younger selves interact. It definitely can be due to the visuals being similar and the similar refreshing vibe etc and the fact that they have been produced by IG.

But I always wonder, what if Kou had never transferred? What if his mom didnt have to die? What if his parents didnt divorce? if he didnt have to undergo that ordeal?

Then , would not have Ao Haru Ride turned out to be something like Kimi Ni Todoke? ( the relationship of Kazehaya and Sawako would have matched Futaba and Kou)
Kou and Futaba were always shy around eachother. The younger Futaba always told herself in her mind, how she liked Kou but could not outright say it just like Sawako, and Kou and Kazehaya were the bright smiling boys making their way into the girl's heart while getting embarassed and shy at the same time!

GUYS I WANNA KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS!!!!

PS: THIS ALSO BRINGS ME TO A SCARY CONCLUSION!
WHAT IF KAZEHAYA faced something JUST LIKE KOU? then Just try to wonder how KIMI NI TODOKE WOULD HAVE TURNED OUT? Kazehaya would have returned into Sawako's life as a sarcastic, cold, rude, indifferent guy. Kimi Ni Todoke would have turned into Ao Haru Ride!?????
Jan 19, 2017 1:16 AM

May 2016
I think if nothing of the important stuff (divorce, transfer, death) happened then the relationship between Kou and Futaba would definitely have developed otherwise. Their shyness reminds us of Shouta and Sawako's but still, the feeling I personally get is different. In my opinion, their progress would have been much quicker and without all those misunderstandings, because Kou and Futaba clearly acknowledged their feelings for each other (in their minds at least). Shouta and Sawako tend to overthink/underthink things too much sometimes, especially Sawako-dummy :) And I strongly believe that Shouta would have developed unlike Kou (indifferent, lifeless, sarcastic) but would have become gloomy, closed-up, vulnerable, yet able to appreciate the good side of things.
Mar 30, 2019 11:54 AM

Aug 2017
Kou was trash.

Futaba is much prettier than Sawako though.

Kimi ni todoke sets the standard for shoujo.
Mar 28, 2023 11:13 PM

Jun 2021
I like your analogy. Although, they have different personalities (Kou is an INFP while Kazehaya is an ENFJ according to PDB) so Kazehaya might not turn out like Kou; I do agree with ishness.

Segue: Both Ao Haru Ride and Kimi ni Todoke have live-action movie adaptations. And Kimi ni Todoke also has a new live-action series on Netflix. I wonder if Ao Haru Ride could get a series too?

Edit:
Ao Haru is finally getting a live-action series too! My wish was granted.
IridescentJauneAug 30, 2023 2:24 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.