Forum Settings
Forums
As the Gods Will The Second Series
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2020 4:24 AM
Oct 2017
this manga is lit, really hope it gets anime adaptation, not giving hanging ending just like live action movie xD
Feb 12, 2020 5:12 AM
Feb 2020
DarklordVor said:
Has a manga fallen so badly like this? I mean seriously, let's talk about it.

- Rushed pacing

- Killed off all characters from part 1 so easily

- The ending is just sad, so Ushimitsu wants to die by being killed by the one he loves

- Making Akashi go through all that pain again, not to mention, if he didn't meet with Ushimitsu, who knows if he would survive. That gay guy pretty much one of the main reason Akash is still alive like from the sand game.

Unless there's a third series doing another different POV from a different character and just to fuck second series reader, Akashi will die 50 chapters in because Ushimitsu wasn't there to help.

He doesn't want to die by being killed by the person he loves, he just thinks Akashi is more fit to be a god than him, but not the current Akashi, the Akashi that survived the trials. That is why he will bring back that Akashi and make him kill him and become god so that he can save the world.
Jun 1, 2020 5:16 PM
Jun 2020
the ending was so dumb it made me so disappointed and cry for like 30 minutes straight wtf t-t

i cant believe i read 207 chapters of this dumbass manga only to end up with the crazy psycho boyfriend resetting the timeline like literally what

smh will not read again
Jul 15, 2020 12:00 PM
May 2017
Can’t bring back people from the dead but you can literally reverse time lol wat. So in theory when people die in the trials Kiyoshiro could literally just save them and keep them alive. Aka all the romances and side characters alive so shun could have a happy ending and as could Akashi with the newly saved Megu. Not a very waterproof ending really lol.
Apr 15, 2021 5:54 PM

Jul 2011
No idea how I feel about this. I made it all the way to the end. I read series one back in Highschool, and now about 7 years later, I decided to give series 2 a shot. I started it maybe about two weeks ago, and flip-flopped between reading one volume a day to two, and finally today I read the last four volumes. I haven't actually read a manga in a super long time aside from this one, but I was definitely hooked.

I sort of skimmed series one again before beginning this adventure, just to jog my memories a bit which helped. I feel like this series certainly had its highs and lows. Some arcs were better than others, and I felt it shined most when it was survival games and not generic battle shounen garbage. I ended up liking a handful of characters and disliking a large portion as well, but it was fine with most of them dying in the first place.

I feel like the author also forgot how certain characters were originally and changed them in series two, sometimes for the betterment of said characters, and sometimes for the worst, in my opinion in the case of Amaya. I thought Shun was great through and through, especially since he is so flawed, and I appreciate how the author wrote out his end for Shun.

The highlights character wise for me were definitely Shun, Amaya (before he changed), Ushimitsu, Shimura, Mert, Lily, Aoyama and Yukio (especially when he develops in series 2). In terms of the games themselves, I enjoyed most of the beginning games, Rock Paper Scissors, Sky-High Hopscotch, The Labyrinth arc, and even Judgment Old Maid, but I feel the series did poorly during the Demon Execution arc, and the three Kingdoms cops and robbers arc. I still enjoyed the Demon Execution arc to an extent, but a lot of it felt too generic battle-Shouneny. The cops and robbers arc felt really drawn out, and although it had a few highlights brought in too many concepts that didin't fit the story or felt really stupid in my opinion.

Now the ending itself, I'm still mixed on. On one hand, I think Ushimitsu will be a more benevolent game master, but he also will never remember Roku-Chan again, which was what made him who he was in the first place. Secondly, I think him starting the games again is a really dumb decision on his part, and unfitting of him. Also this just means that everyone who did die will probably die again. It also means that the people who do make it might end up being the same people, and the events might not change that differently. We wouldn't know really.

I don't think the series should get a part 3, I feel like 2 was long enough as is. It definitely dragged out at times and I wouldn't want to see this again, unless it was from the perspective of characters from around the world maybe, who we never got to meet, but I would prefer those to be short stories and not a 21-Volume Manga as I felt this was too long for what it was.

In the end I would say Series 1 is still a nice fairly quick read and worth it, and if people really enjoyed it, 2 is worth it if not just for the arcs that are actually good.

Oh also Akashi was one of my least-favorite characters and kind of a turd/idiot for most of it, just a generic Shounen Protagonist.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2021 6:20 PM
Sep 2020
Brilliant!

Was messed up ending but unexpectedly brilliant!

Was about to rate it 9/10 as rated prequel 8/10 but the last Chapter made me want to give 9.5 but since that wasn't possible, 10/10.

Gives the feels similar to "Cage of Eden"
Jun 12, 2022 2:10 AM

Jan 2013
imagine being soo addicted to happy ends that as soon as things don't go a convenient preprogrammed way, enraged people flock to forums throwing immature temper tantrums at an otherwise perfectly acceptable conclusion which albeit unorthodox was more than perfect. this is why the west et all is still incompatible with japanese culture. i'm not condemning this merely smh while pointing out the elephants in the room.
Oct 23, 2022 2:54 AM

Mar 2016
The original run had this weird hornyness that felt out of place, it was on your face but at the same time it didn't really matter. The dude had a loli in bondage moaning rules but no one reacted to it or cared, or two different girls got horny with danger but that didn't affect things. I felt this was a semi-reboot hoping to turn it into something that would mesh with a live action movie audience. It made sense it'd explain stuff again if the goal is the bring new readers. But then it brings back old characters with designs and relationships that are almost identical to the new ones, and still wastes time showing things from the original that don't matter at all like the hiki ex-biker who never did anything. Way too much of this manga was a complete waste of time. It helped hit great cliffhangers, but those are all supported with the feeling of wasting time like crazy.

At some point I was expecting an off the walls ending. Something so stupid that it would make everything else tame and forgetable in comparison. Like the Japan sized kaijuu in Hakaijuu, ore Mahou Shojo of the End and its ultra convoluted timelines. But instead we get a stupid "game" that's just a linear progression and a sort of time loop that doesn't make too much sense. What's this mediocre relaxed shit? How can you try to do that in a manga with bondage loli and gore games? You can't hit the breaks that hard and pretend it was always that way.
eh, hago cosas en youtube. Si te pinta pasate www.youtube.com/c/verduritasparasopa
Feb 24, 2023 4:39 PM
Sep 2019
Shame that true resurrection wasn't possible but from day 1 the manga had been giving hints of that anyway. This overall series has been inconsistent as hell but this ending and final arc makes up for it to me. Alot of people give akashi throughout the manga and ushimitsu at the end hate but the whole point of the manga and the especially the old maid arc is to live your life how you want and that ideals and our meanings to life are subjective. Ushimitsu's decision barely makes sense but it doesn't matter, it's what he wants. In my opinion this manga has way too many bad arcs and poor writing and execution to call a masterpiece or anything but I think the philosophical aspect is good....flawed but still good. Best arc definitely the old maid but best game no doubt is skytower, best moment imo is Shun/kamimaro's death and best character is prolly akashi cuz he embodies the message of the manga but he's too annoying so Imma say ushimitsu or amaya
StefanbishoptonFeb 24, 2023 5:06 PM
Mar 26, 2023 10:14 AM
Oct 2020
Miles better than the first part
Good sequel
Jul 1, 2023 11:44 PM

Oct 2021
interesting and bold move by author to kill the main character but will this vicious cycle of death ever end? a sad ending after all.
Sep 17, 2023 3:28 PM

Dec 2011
Geez. I'm actually surprised at how much love I developed for the series. It was like a weed for me-- somewhat awkward, mildly annoying, unsuspecting.. but unraveled itself as a flower the author carefully grew. Themes of desire and ego, being your own god, a witness to your own potential. Oh I was thoroughly entertained! A stand out in a garden of other survival death games.

Somehow the ending works for me. It felt satisfying in consideration of its concepts/philosophies. Selfishly I would've liked to know what the author had in mind for Ushimitsu's game tho. I wish there was a third part; I could read 200 more chapters of that. It's conclusive as a self-contained part, but there's a lingering feeling of awaiting an overall finale. I'd be so open to the end of a trilogy. The set up of a new game with new consequences bc Akashi's partner is missing is too good. Too enticing. Ushimitsu said he couldn't die til he expressed his feelings. I just have to sit with that forever and cope.
Nov 5, 2023 7:59 AM
Aug 2019
Reply to Himeta
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Ushimitsu became god. I'm kind of happy that it didn't end like stories usually end with the main character winning, but I'm still sad cause Ushimitsu ended up being a god alone without Akashi by his side :'(
@Himeta
I just watched the movie. What happens after the movie according to the manga? Please give me a short synopsis.
Nov 5, 2023 8:10 AM
Aug 2020
any reason why this title haven't received any anime adaptation? i really like the live action, it would be fun to watch this in anime version
Nov 21, 2023 11:21 PM
Apr 2023
I read this a few months ago, but I realized the ending might not have needed to be as dark as it was. I'm not sure how feasible it really is, since the power of God is a bit ambiguous, but just hear me out a bit.

So he can travel back in time, and he can't make functioning copies of people, only what he knows of them, I'd say that's fair, though iirc, perhaps if he was sufficiently skilled, he might be able to? But that's a bit beside the point. If there was anyone he could make a functioning copy of, imo, it would be himself. I feel if would be within his power to make a clone of himself, that could take his role as the MC's support (sorry I'm being ambiguous, I don't remember the names well anymore). But that's still only one part of it.

There's nothing stopping him from making clones of every competitor, right? I feel like it should be in his power to substitute the real person for a clone, as they die, or right before, to keep the impact of their death, and the game running just the same. Then he could do something like putting the real body in stasis, and then once the game ends, release everyone. It would be chaos, of course, but it would allow him to save the lives of everyone playing the game, while still allowing for the game to continue.

Now, obviously, it would probably be cheapening the ending the author wanted. It was meant to be tragic that the new God is willing to put people through the torturous game again, all for the sake of having his loved one join his side. But I dunno, it started itching at me, so I thought I'd put this idea out there. Anyone think it's viable? I remember one of the clones melting, but I feel like he could make stable, mindless clones, just fine. Of course, I easily could be forgetting the specifics of how the God's powers work, and may be just assuming it has fewer limitations than it does.
Apr 2, 6:35 PM
Aug 2020
Day I don't know of wishing this to be animated
egosumjohnApr 2, 6:57 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Chapter 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2014

9 by K40l4 »»
Jan 18, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Chapter 183 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

10 by HibiChika »»
Jun 12, 2022 1:32 AM

Poll: » Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Chapter 148 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2016

19 by HibiChika »»
Jun 7, 2022 11:50 AM

Poll: » Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Chapter 84 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2014

9 by HibiChika »»
Jun 5, 2022 11:35 AM

Poll: » Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Chapter 77 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2014

12 by HibiChika »»
Jun 5, 2022 10:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.