Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 31, 2016 2:54 PM

Mar 2014
FlareKnight said:
Sucks for Olga. I mean damn get betrayed, die, find out you died, and then die again. Oh and have no one seriously try to help you. I mean geeze Mash might as well have said "hell no, I'm the main girl here...she's gotta burn." You are basically a servant here Mash. Go freaking do something useful! Just because you have a shield doesn't mean you can't do anything. Captain America is crying at your sad use of a shield.

That was alright. Enjoyed the different encounter for Archer and "Caster." A pretty good fight there.

I was honestly thinking about Captain America the whole time xD
I was like "Okay, you're on the defensive but when are you gonna strike back? Can't you I dunno... throw the shield?" God damn I was hoping Olga would stick around longer cause she really reminded me of Rin; I thought she would form a pact with Lancer (Caster) later on. Really sucks that they didn't even try to help her by using a command spell or anything. I guess Mash thought Olga was third wheeling ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dec 31, 2016 3:04 PM

Apr 2012
I see no problem with Wickerman defeating Saber, this isn't about Caster Cu being stronger than Saber, but because he had time to chant his long spell (as well as the element of surprise). Mashu was taunting the target just like the game! By virtue of being Shielder class, Mashu isn't going to be able to defeat strong enemies my herself, so it'll be about teamwork. In the game you have 3 Servants in battle at the same time, with others in reserve.
Dec 31, 2016 3:13 PM

Aug 2010
Moekou said:
I see no problem with Wickerman defeating Saber, this isn't about Caster Cu being stronger than Saber, but because he had time to chant his long spell (as well as the element of surprise). Mashu was taunting the target just like the game! By virtue of being Shielder class, Mashu isn't going to be able to defeat strong enemies my herself, so it'll be about teamwork. In the game you have 3 Servants in battle at the same time, with others in reserve.

Magic Resistance. WM shouldn't be able to hurt Saber to the point of defeat.
I can see a case for the ground pound being a physical attack with considerable damage, but not the WM on fire attack.
Dec 31, 2016 3:26 PM

Mar 2015
That was alright. Though I have to say I really disliked the MC. He just felt so useless.

That Shinji cameo tho 10/10
Dec 31, 2016 3:47 PM

Jun 2011
astroprogs said:
Moekou said:

I can see a case for the ground pound being a physical attack with considerable damage, but not the WM on fire attack.

This version of Saber only have magic resistance B while the regular one have A from what i've read.
Dec 31, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2012
Theorder14 said:
astroprogs said:

This version of Saber only have magic resistance B while the regular one have A from what i've read.

Now that you guys mention it, that's probably why she didn't look particularly damaged at the end there. She kinda just talked and faded at the same time as Cu.
Dec 31, 2016 4:03 PM

Nov 2015
To Alter Saber...

For the sake of the plot thou shalt be nerfed...
Dec 31, 2016 4:06 PM

Aug 2010
Theorder14 said:
astroprogs said:

I know. With A-MR she lolno'd Caster's A-rank AoG magic. Caster Cu's B-rank Magecraft should be of the same effect on Alter's B-MR.

Alter should've sliced Cu in half, along with WM. Cu was way too powerful for what his stats and abilities can allow him to do against someone like Alter.
Dec 31, 2016 4:52 PM

Jul 2014
This was rather meh? My concentration was hardly there. Majorly disappointed that's for sure
Dec 31, 2016 4:55 PM

Sep 2015
Dam I had a feeling Caster was the lancer we knew from FSN.
Rip Director, she reminded me of Rin ;-;
This is a great movie.
Dec 31, 2016 5:04 PM

Jul 2007
Moekou said:

There's absolutely no way in hell a magic attack like that should or could pass Alter even if she not as strong as normal Saber.

Especially since Cu at best is a "mock caster" at most. He barely fits the class because he knows rune magic. Caster is supposed to be his nerf-class at best. A

This basically disregards any sense of powerlevels even more than the game. Again its not like FGO overall has any consistency of powerlevels. Buff of Fanservice makes sense here.

Nasu is generally running on "Don't think too much about it" right now.

fatebleach said:
This was rather meh? My concentration was hardly there. Majorly disappointed that's for sure

The best way to deal with anything regarding FGO is to expect the dumbest and most straightforward things possible. That way it can't disappoint you and if something actually decently written happens it will actually feel decent.

Seriously though, its a mobile game focused on gambling. Expecting anything ground breaking is way too much.
AhenshihaelDec 31, 2016 5:08 PM
Dec 31, 2016 5:49 PM

Jul 2011
Fai said:
Moekou said:

There's absolutely no way in hell a magic attack like that should or could pass Alter even if she not as strong as normal Saber.

Especially since Cu at best is a "mock caster" at most. He barely fits the class because he knows rune magic. Caster is supposed to be his nerf-class at best.

It's a nerf but I'm not really sure where you get the idea that Caster Cu is useless. Wicker Man itself is a reasonably powerful Noble Phantasm. It doesn't rely on Runes and is a B Rank NP which is fairly stronger.

Also remember that during this entire sequence Saber Alter has been battling every servant and is using her power to subjugate them. It's really not that unreasonable to think that Wicker Man during a surprise attack would defeat Saber Alter midcharge.
Dec 31, 2016 5:56 PM

Jan 2014
This is pretty enjoyable. It's better than I expected.
Dec 31, 2016 6:27 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! I don't understand what the hell was going on but this whole episode was simply EPIC!

Dec 31, 2016 6:33 PM

Apr 2015
Aside from the protag, I was enjoying it. Given their role in the games, Im not surprised theyre rly flat.

also that line at the end by Lex; was saber protecting the area from collapsing? That line almost made her come off as neutral or at least looking to protect her area from colapsing...Sounds kinda familiar. KEK.

also:
LMAO
when I saw Fou climb onto
the MC
after lookin down at mashu
this image of ash and pikachu appeared in my head
it was scary
Dec 31, 2016 6:37 PM

Jun 2015
Give me Gudako or give me death. Harem protagonist-kun is bland as hell.

Caster Cu was cool as hell but he's Cu so that's a given.

Fight scenes were decent. Nothing super spectacular but they did their job.

An okay adaptation. Unless they heavily rework the first couple of orders, however, I'll just wait for the later orders to be animated before jumping in.
-Sherou-Dec 31, 2016 6:43 PM

Dec 31, 2016 6:44 PM
Dec 2016
Personal opinion here but I really liked this installment of Fate.

It wasnt amazing and ill admit there were glaring issues, the main protagonist was definatley -the- weakest part, forgettable name and forgettable character. Hes literally just *there* and removing him wouldnt have hurt the story at all.

If you had made Olga and Mash the main characters with that story leading to Olga's death it would have had more impact, even some tragedy like all Fate stories generally possess.

Alas, the story *is* based off the IoS game and thus it has to take a direction following it.

What worries me is a lack of exploited potential here. Type Moon must realize they've hit a gold mine here with a potential franchise, if they dont follow through, they're missing out on it.

This could really give them a chance to carry on the Fate legacy and potentially give the main character a chance to shine a bit more with some heavier development.

For now, we will have to see, but seeing Lancer as Caster and Rider as Lancer was amazing.

And Saber Alter for the first fucking time (not On Prisma Ilya) was god damn gold.

7.5/10

Pros:

- Loved Caster, Masha was a good new introductory toon as Shielder.

- Loved Saber Alter and Olga as Rin 2.0

- Doctor Roman was a win introductory character.

Cons:

- Probably wont get a sequel as its basically there to promote the IoS game.

- The Main Protagonist was *highly* Forgettable.

- Feels like a waste considering Apocrypha more or less covers a similar story arc, choosing not to exploit Grand Order here is like choosing to have magical index without railgun, it just wont feel the same.
Dec 31, 2016 6:48 PM

Apr 2015
CaptainVanguard said:

sequel is already confirmed doe.
Dec 31, 2016 7:12 PM

Nov 2011
Well, it was better than expected. Mashu's fighting style is pretty boring and I wonder if they will even summon another servant as Fujimaru's servant to not overshadow her. The Orders will probably have the servants that are from the story only.

I like the references and hint to the previous series.

Dec 31, 2016 8:56 PM

Jan 2008
Reading up on Mash's original voice actor for the game, Risa Taneda. Just found out she also voiced major roles like Kaori Miyazono in Your Lie In April and Nakiri Erina in Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma, among many others, and has currently put her career on hiatus for treating an illness. With so many great talents passing away in recent years (especially 2016), signers, actors, and voice actors alike, I really hope she gets better and makes a full recovery.

As for my thoughts on this (special/OVA/movie?):
Fujimura Ritsuka. I wonder if he's related to Taiga? So this is what Tohsaka Rin would have been like if she were genderswapped (according to Takeuchi). Bland too much. No where near enough Tsun. They've taken the self-insert protag too far (or not far enough).

I thought I was watching a Gundam episode at the beginning of this all, seeing the bridge bunnies.

antonn said:
10/10 for giving Shinji the fate he deserves.

After being stabbed in the stomach, his body ripped to shreds into a giant tumor, and still coming out alive all dandy in UBW--that pissed me off the most about that. It may have been a minor Easter egg, but finally, FINALLY; a scenario that has animated Matou Shinji's death. The only good Shinji is a dead Shinji.

LOL "Lancer" still dies. At least she didn't get stabbed in the heart. She had a cool scyth though...didn't know Medusa had any polearms. Medusa (as lancer, adult version this time around) seems to always get the short end of the stick in each iteration. Hope luck shines on her in Heaven's Feel.

"Summon me as lancer next time" That's a death flag if I've ever seen one.

Sucks for Olga Marie. Didn't even get her time to shine. Who knows, maybe 10-20 years from now, if the Fate franchise is still around to revisit old characters, they can have her return as Caster, Avenger or something (Like how they revived the Shielder heroine from when Fate/Stay Night's first conception) and have her Noble Phantasm be that Shiva black hole/mini sun. But somehow I only see them her becoming the designated tragic character yet again that every series seems to always have, if they ever decide to bring her back.

Overall a pretty interesting alternate timeline or singularity as they call it, with the different servant classes summoned in another class they were capable of being summoned in. Not as top-tier as Ufotable (whom I hope they left enough unlimited budget works for Heaven's Feel), but still good nonetheless for a relatively new studio like Lay-duce...Better than Studio Deen; god I hope they never touch Fate again. Didn't see any news about the is getting animated for rest of Fate/Grand Order; likely made just for the game. Bummer. For now, I'm happy that Fate/Apocrypha (By A-1) and Fate/EXTRA Last Encore (By SHAFT) are coming out--both studios with good work and art styles that match those series.
Estoy_GordoDec 31, 2016 9:08 PM
Dec 31, 2016 9:25 PM

Sep 2015
Hope they make more.....
Animation was pretty, liked the coloring a lot.
Dec 31, 2016 9:53 PM
Sep 2014
EmphaticPikachu said:
CaptainVanguard said:

Source? Not that I don't believe you but I'm interested in reading about it.
Dec 31, 2016 9:56 PM

Apr 2015
adamkex said:
EmphaticPikachu said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFLsOv2RYts
There are 4 shorter (I think shorter, I'd be surprised if they were all this long given they dont seem to have source material to work with) stories bridging the gap between the singularities. Further, after that, we're going to get more orders, covering each major chapter of GO. Im pretty sure that was announced since the beginning, but I could be wrong.
Dec 31, 2016 10:20 PM

Oct 2015
Cu must have an EX rank on luck this time. Still Cu as a caster? Why not make him the berserker? It would at least fit with his legend.
Dec 31, 2016 10:22 PM

Aug 2010
EmphaticPikachu said:

also that line at the end by Lex; was saber protecting the area from collapsing? That line almost made her come off as neutral or at least looking to protect her area from colapsing...Sounds kinda familiar. KEK.

Yeah. She was... like... some kind of a lion... protecting her den.

Sorry, i had to >_>

adamkex said:
EmphaticPikachu said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/5h0rji/fate_project_2017_first_and_next_order_more/
Dec 31, 2016 10:26 PM

Feb 2012
fatebleach said:

Exact same reaction from me. Hopefully the other fates coming out won't disappoint as well.
Dec 31, 2016 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
astroprogs said:
Alright, just finished watching it.

Ok, first things first, the biggest problem with the anime so far is the protagonist. Fate always had strongly written protagonists and Ritsuka is a serious downgrade. I hope SHAFT doesn't do the same with Hakuno.

I agree with this statement so much. The protagonist here pisses me off to the point where I don't even think I want to see any more of this animated.
I mean, his whole reason for getting involved is just infuriating. He falls asleep right before this giant trial is about to begin, which is revolting and far from funny, sees a burning room that's also breaking down, disregards the order to leave and get to safety, and charges in expecting who knows what. Then he finds Mash crushed and tries to lift this piece of the structure that's clearly several times heavier and larger than himself, fails, asks Mash if she's "okay", gets trapped in the room, and just gives up on life right before he's transported.
Following that, he basically does absolutely nothing the rest of the special except use a command seal. Still perplexed at how he got behind Mash in that scene with the streaks of Excalibur Morgan flowing off the shield though. If anything, he's just there to be a character who is confused about everything for the sake of having a reason to explain stuff to the viewers.

Aside from that little rant about how much I hate this protagonist, the fight scenes were pretty cool. Caster-Lancer was a bit surprising to see though. Really sucks how Animusphere died. Getting more or less ripped apart at a molecular level seemed way too brutal for her. Sad that she didn't live :(.
Dec 31, 2016 10:35 PM

Apr 2015
LiquidGold said:
fatebleach said:

Exact same reaction from me. Hopefully the other fates coming out won't disappoint as well.

I'm not sure if you'll like the other fates as i dont know you personally (its perfectly posssible you wouldnt) but you can rest assured this doesnt really reflect on the quality of the other adaptions. F/GO isnt really known for its story in the early parts of the game, and in general, almost every other protagonist in fate has more depth then this guy. Lol. It gets better later on in many areas (much much much better), but it always has the restriction of following a game where the main draw is probably the ability to have your own servants and have them all love you. (Aka you are kinda forced to be a gary stu. Kek.) Maybe Nasu can find a way to bring him into his own given that isnt a problem for this adaption, but we'll see.

Im actually curious how theyll deal with the next order. Even the writer of that particular chapter consider the thing to be a rather big old shame; i wonder how much they'll edit it.

And yes, Saber's a lion. Kek.

Hamelin said:
astroprogs said:
Alright, just finished watching it.

Ok, first things first, the biggest problem with the anime so far is the protagonist. Fate always had strongly written protagonists and Ritsuka is a serious downgrade. I hope SHAFT doesn't do the same with Hakuno.

I agree with this statement so much. The protagonist here pisses me off to the point where I don't even think I want to see any more of this animated.
I mean, his whole reason for getting involved is just infuriating. He falls asleep right before this giant trial is about to begin, which is revolting and far from funny, sees a burning room that's also breaking down, disregards the order to leave and get to safety, and charges in expecting who knows what. Then he finds Mash crushed and tries to lift this piece of the structure that's clearly several times heavier and larger than himself, fails, asks Mash if she's "okay", gets trapped in the room, and just gives up on life right before he's transported.
Following that, he basically does absolutely nothing the rest of the special except use a command seal. Still perplexed at how he got behind Mash in that scene with the streaks of Excalibur Morgan flowing off the shield though. If anything, he's just there to be a character who is confused about everything for the sake of having a reason to explain stuff to the viewers.

Aside from that little rant about how much I hate this protagonist, the fight scenes were pretty cool. Caster-Lancer was a bit surprising to see though. Really sucks how Animusphere died. Getting more or less ripped apart at a molecular level seemed way too brutal for her. Sad that she didn't live :(.

Tbf to the protagonist in that sleeping scenario; he passed out because the simulation drained the fuck out of him cause hes such a weak magus. I wouldnt say he was purposely not trying to pay attention or just being lazy; Its why he was originally on the floor when Mashu found him.
But otherwise yeah the protag is the weakest part.
EmphaticPikachuDec 31, 2016 10:41 PM
Dec 31, 2016 11:02 PM

Nov 2016
personally i thought the ending was a little cheesy no way in hell archer should of lost and shinji turned to stone made me so happy
Dec 31, 2016 11:02 PM

Sep 2010
I just watched this for animated Roman and Fou, but Caster Cu was a nice bonus. I think I prefer this version of Olga than the one in the game prologue which focused too much on her hysterics and forcing us to feel sorry for a total stranger.

Edit:

By the way, those who were confused by the Singularity. In FGO, there was only one war in Fuyuki (no five) and the winner was pretty much spoiled in this episode in that flashback sequence (great job, guys). The Servants in this Singularity aren't necessary the ones that appeared or joined the war in the real FGO Fuyuki Grail War.
ThessDec 31, 2016 11:21 PM
Dec 31, 2016 11:19 PM

Aug 2010
Thess said:
I just watched this for animated Roman and Fou, but Caster Cu was a nice bonus. I think I prefer this version of Olga than the one in the game prologue which focused too much on her hysterics and forcing us to feel sorry for a total stranger.

Definitely. Olga in the prologue was too scream-y and bitchy for my taste. Glad they toned it down a bit here.
Dec 31, 2016 11:23 PM

Sep 2010
astroprogs said:
Definitely. Olga in the prologue was too scream-y and bitchy for my taste. Glad they toned it down a bit here.

Yup. I loved how it randomly cut to Roman trying to tell us her Tragic Backstory of how She's really a Good Girl (TM) in middle of the cutscenes after the spooky skellies battles and I was confused of why should I care. Fortunately, there was an option for our blank self-insert to not give a damn either.

She's okay now.
Dec 31, 2016 11:44 PM
Jan 2015
It was quite enjoyable, nothing spectacular but it was very entertaining nonetheless. Cu bro was MVP and Mashu once again proving that she's best kouhai. I actually really liked Olga's character in this as well, opposed to how she was presented in the game, which made it a lot more painful to see the way she died...Rip Dircetor ;-;

7.5/10

@siradix funny that you mention that
My Queens

Jan 1, 2017 12:46 AM

Dec 2012
WHY AM I SO CONFUSED!?

It was cool to see the Archer/Caster fight but past that WTF HAPPENED! I get they went back to Fuyuki 2004 which is when Stay/Night happened? but its nothing alike? this is why they went back? since the time line go screwed and it needs to be fixed to be like Stay/Night?

If that is the case I feel like they could have explained it better, BUT if that is the case why does Archer/Caster(Lancer) have a score to settle? or since they are servants they have fought in the original 2004 one but know the time line was screwed with? feel like I recall Caster alluding to this at one point.

Also Archer is younger!?

At the end of the day its nice to have more Fate but as an Anime only watcher, this fell kinda flat, feel like those who have previous knowledge of Grand/Order would have enjoyed it though.
Jan 1, 2017 12:49 AM

Jun 2008
4kicks said:
She had a cool scyth though...didn't know Medusa had any polearms. Medusa (as lancer, adult version this time around) seems to always get the short end of the stick in each iteration. Hope luck shines on her in Heaven's Feel.

She was Using Harpe the weapon of Persesus that killed the actual Gorgon Medusa..She's also a Lancer in this singularity of Fuyuki Grail War.

Sucks for Olga Marie. Didn't even get her time to shine.

She's not dead though, she leyshifted to Melty Blood.
Fai said:

Nasu is generally running on "Don't think too much about it" right now.

fatebleach said:

The best way to deal with anything regarding FGO is to expect the dumbest and most straightforward things possible. That way it can't disappoint you and if something actually decently written happens it will actually feel decent.

Seriously though, its a mobile game focused on gambling. Expecting anything ground breaking is way too much.

Yeah, Early F/GO was kind of like that, don't worry too much, try to get your waifu and enjoy (Raged quit for a while since I didn't get Nero Claudius..lol)

But after Chapter 3, Okeanos, the writing while I'm not going to say "Great", was getting more entertaining or in fanboy words, epic. By the time it reached the "Final Order", emotions were really high and the players who've witnessed the end of the story together was hyping like hell on that Christmas (the story ended on the 25th of December).

DarkSynopsis said:

It was cool to see the Archer/Caster fight but past that WTF HAPPENED! I get they went back to Fuyuki 2004 which is when Stay/Night happened? but its nothing alike? this is why they went back? since the time line go screwed and it needs to be fixed to be like Stay/Night?

At the end of the day its nice to have more Fate but as an Anime only watcher, this fell kinda flat, feel like those who have previous knowledge of Grand/Order would have enjoyed it though.

It's not the same Fuyuki, The singularities that happened in each Order in FGO, happened because there was an anomaly or Grails appearing in that timeline in result messing it up .

In one example, in the singularity of Camelot. The anomaly began when Sir Bedivere decided not to throw excalibur back into the lake.

And yes, the OVA was not made with heavy consideration to long time Fate fans. It's much more of love letter to FGO Players that played it.
kaimaxJan 1, 2017 12:55 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 1, 2017 1:08 AM

Sep 2010
kaimax said:
Sucks for Olga Marie. Didn't even get her time to shine.

I have no idea why are people repeating this bit as if it was truth (denial I suppose?). Chalk it up to those who didn't actually get it: That isn't the Olga Marie of FGO, it's another Olgamarie who is much younger too. Please check Nasu's blog when Fuyuki was released on launch, FGO Olgamarie is dead.

There's a Lev too and isn't the Lev of FGO.
Jan 1, 2017 1:15 AM

Aug 2010
KaiserNazrin said:
Well, it was better than expected. Mashu's fighting style is pretty boring and I wonder if they will even summon another servant as Fujimaru's servant to not overshadow her. The Orders will probably have the servants that are from the story only.

Yeah, this were some of my fears before the anime aired.

Shielder, while having amazing potential, still lacked a good offensive presentation in the game. She was a tank that functioned, acted and looked like a tank throughout all of her ascensions. I honestly have no idea how they can make an attack with a shield look cool unless they ripoff Captain America or something. I hope this bit gets some attention from them in the future OVAs.

The second thing is Gudao's/Ritsuka's summonable Servants. I guess they didn't show him doing any summoning in Fuyuki because starting from Orleans the sheer amount of Heroic Spirits introduced would satisfy the need for that.
This caused the power levels between Alter and Cu to be skewed in Fuyuki, but at least this shouldn't be the case from now on with the truly powerful allies Ritsuka will get.

kaimax said:

This is not F/GO's Olga. The Back Alley Alliance Nightmare manga focus on the Animusphere's position in Tsukihime's world is to show that GO's events can't ever occur in it.
astroprogsJan 1, 2017 2:00 AM
Jan 1, 2017 1:22 AM

Jul 2007
DarkSynopsis said:

This has nothing to do with fate/stay night.
Fate Stay Night and Fate Zero events did not happen in this world. But yeah various points of THIS timeline got screwed and you are basically a janitor resolving the screwed up various points in human history while trying to figure out wtf is going on.

If that is the case I feel like they could have explained it better, BUT if that is the case why does Archer/Caster(Lancer) have a score to settle? or since they are servants they have fought in the original 2004 one but know the time line was screwed with? feel like I recall Caster alluding to this at one point.

Servants here remember all grail wars they have been to. Yeah it makes no sense but just go with it. Fanservice.

Also Archer is younger!?

Not really. Just bad art.

kaimax said:
But after Chapter 3, Okeanos, the writing while I'm not going to say "Great", was getting more entertaining or in fanboy words, epic. By the time it reached the "Final Order", emotions were really high and the players who've witnessed the end of the story together was hyping like hell on that Christmas (the story ended on the 25th of December).

STRONGLY disagree.
AhenshihaelJan 1, 2017 1:31 AM
Jan 1, 2017 1:57 AM

Jul 2012
hello i watched this with my friend so i had someone to talk to when i got confused (which happened a lot btw)

it was fun tho, i liked it on the most part (up until the fights). the concept is really fun and interesting.

nice hearing sugita + zakki + SUZUKEN + maaya

i'll probably follow the anime (?) when it comes out

edit- also i have to mention: the music is BEAUTIFULLLLLLL
MayukaJan 1, 2017 2:05 AM
Jan 1, 2017 2:02 AM

Dec 2009
Well holy shiet. That what hype as fuck. Obviously many elements rushed, and they covered a hell of ground in a short time. Works effectively as a prequel for what can be expected for the future.

I've never played he game(s) or anything, but seeing old characters come back in a series is always hype as hell.

Clearly we got some kind of dimensional clusterfuck going on. The servants beat eachother way too easily which kinda takes the edge off of good old Fate/ style. Just from what happened, and how timelines crossed over, and how there are these Alter versions of characters happening. Our big bad seems pretty meh at this point, but it was obvious his character design was too fancy to have him blown up too soon lol. This wasn't prime writing, and kinda weak after our good old Unlimited Budget Works, but it definitely leaves so much to be excited for.

If you haven't seen the list of servants before, it's easy to see that we got some real meta shit going on here - we even have the magical girl Ilya involved. This is fanservice of the best kind. Seeing servants summoned as classes different than their standard is mighty interesting as well. And you can get idea of what their proficiency levels are supposed to be.

A certain AMV caught my attention, and i ended up investigating... Reason being: i saw Shiki in there and shat bricks.

I want to see all of the old characters have their come-backs, and others like Shiki as well. I've watched some gameplay, and it's clear that it's a typical fantasy RPG layout like old FF, so being able to see the fighting happen in a more dynamic and 3 dimensional context will be awesome.
I'm excited as fuck to see more.

PS: I don't know about anyone else, but the first thing that popped into my head for Mashu's noble phantasm, is Aegis.

Swagernator said:
"This is my fight Senpai"
"No senpai, this is OUR fight."

Fai said:
Which is damn funny as Lancer should be his strongest self(and is). The only reason he can be caster is because he knew rune magic so him being THIS proficient makes no sense but hey it gave us naked Cu and was nice fanservice.
I agree, he was strangely overpowered and creamed a number of servants in notime. They didn't even to the slow tag teem tank and poke method, he just artillery blasted them practically solo.

Edit:
This isn't about waifus and never really was, so anyone talking about that crap should stop. Fate series is about general character favourtism as many other games, books, and anime do. A couple snappy examples i can think of are Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, Mahou Sensei Negima, or Medaka Box. Series with character diversity are there to be able to have different characters stand out for different people, you find your favourites, be them male or female.

Saber(Arthuria) used to be a popular favourite, but if you pay any attention, you see that Jeanne d'Arc is rolling right in in her place these days lol.
GenesisAriaJan 1, 2017 2:43 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 1, 2017 2:46 AM

Jul 2007
GenesisAria said:

This isn't about waifus and never really was, so anyone talking about that crap should stop.

Overall fate sure, but FGO is absolutely running on waifus and gambling for waifus. FGO is all about rolling for questionably dressed new and old characters whose personality is clothing and some of whom have personality and characterization of a brick.

The protag is an empty self insert for a reason.
AhenshihaelJan 1, 2017 2:50 AM
Jan 1, 2017 2:51 AM

Jul 2016
Adorable creatures, Mashu and Fou >_<. Fujimaru being such an airhead.
Damn, Shinji can't escape his fate *crossfingers*
Well, looking forward to the other servants(I heard Gil will show up) and the upcomings developments on the next orders.
Jan 1, 2017 2:56 AM

Dec 2009
Fai said:
GenesisAria said:
This isn't about waifus and never really was, so anyone talking about that crap should stop.
Overall fate sure, but FGO is absolutely running on waifus and gambling for waifus. FGO is all about rolling for questionably dressed new and old characters whose personality is clothing and some of whom have personality and characterization of a brick.

What about all of the male chars, hmm? Unless you're going to add husbandos to the equation, you're just getting silly. Scantily clad characters for "superior armour" is an ancient trope and cliché for fantasy games and tv to add sex appeal (because sex sells). The "protag" is empty because he's not overly relevant, he's the "player". Self inserts are not for masturbation LOL. There are many western non-fantasy games that do the very same thing, the point is for you to project your perspective rather than roleplaying another char. It's just a different style of storytelling: first person insert rather than omniscient or third person.

If you think that means "lazy writing" or "masturbatory insert" then give ur head a shake lol!

Emiya was pretty empty too, at least as far as all the animes go. He was just a traumatized idiotic wannabe hero.

. . .
We all know that F/GO was for inserting ractically every character they could into it, as a meta-title. It's a fanservice series and it knows it. But it's fanservice for ALL characters, not just the female ones the male weebs can call "waifus".

It's about that "What if A fought against B, or what if C fought against D? I wonder what would happen..."

Rather than looking at things that are popularly labelled as flaws, you should try looking at the actual flaws lol.
GenesisAriaJan 1, 2017 3:12 AM

Jan 1, 2017 3:13 AM

Jan 2015
Better quality than Apocrypha PV.
Worth watching for Lancer/Caster fight with Archer, but overall nothing special.
6/10
Jan 1, 2017 3:27 AM

Jun 2008
Fai said:
STRONGLY disagree.

Never said if it was Great though, just entertaining. :P

@thess @astroprogs
Lol, I honestly never got the info. Since trying to find any more info about Olga Marie in wiki sites is very little. Poor her then.

GenesisAria said:
PS: I don't know about anyone else, but the first thing that popped into my head for Mashu's noble phantasm, is Aegis.

Aegis is a proper shield though ,that image that was conjured up with her NP is "simply" a wall. :p
I'm simply saying, Nope that's not Aegis.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 1, 2017 3:44 AM
Jun 2015
That Shinji statue made my day.
Poor Director, she was cute :(
Jan 1, 2017 3:44 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:

Caster was a joy to watch as expected. Enjoyed watching Casta-no-Aniki kick Archer's ass for the hundredth time. Every timeline, Archer, damn. Although, they made Cu way WAY more powerful than he has any right to be here. I mean, Wickerman defeating Saber? This is borderline lore breaking right there.

Strictly speaking everything that Servants do would be useless against Saber since they even exist because of Magecraft.

Rule Breaker, any Celtic Spear we have seen Saber face etc shouldnt have worked.

And even if weexclude those we have these.
Medea's enhancement on Kuzuki, Medea's strings, Medea's Golems, Gilles's Horrors, any projection used by Shirou and Archer etc shouldnt have worked because all of them are clearly Magecraft.

If the Golems and Horrors can harm Saber because they are only summons, then Wicker Man should be able too.

The only Magecraft we have seen Saber totally nullify are 100% pure magic attacks like Rin's gems and Medea's beams.
Jan 1, 2017 3:45 AM

Dec 2009
kaimax said:
GenesisAria said:

Aegis is a proper shield though ,that image that was conjured up with her NP is "simply" a wall. :p
I'm simply saying, Nope that's not Aegis.

Shame, because that would be epic. It would have made more sense as a counter to Excalibur, being the "impenetrable shield", though by the stars it seems like Arthuria's alter is weaker anyhow (would explain how Cu steamrolled through them).

GenesisAriaJan 1, 2017 4:00 AM

Jan 1, 2017 3:46 AM

Aug 2010
Fai said:
GenesisAria said:

A lot of the Servants don't get deep multilayered characterization because they're not the focus of the story.
A good example of this is how Alters was so ridiculously 2D in GO until Extella happened. There was no reason to grind the story to a complete halt to give a complete psychological profile on a character with barely any screentime.
Most of the rollable Servants are as relevant to the story as Sola-Ui or Issei. They get as enough depth as it's required to them by the plot.
The main character is bland on purpose, yeah. I hoped they'd give him a character and hopefully a full character arc at some point, bit it seems like they won't do that because the audience for the game came for the Servants, not the Master.
The other main characters lik Mashu, Roman and Da Vinci DO get their characterization over time.
Jan 1, 2017 3:46 AM
Oct 2007
Not sure if I like this setting but it was good seeing Saber and the rest again!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» lostbelt

youchl - Jul 20, 2023

12 by n7pidgey »»
Jul 27, 2023 9:20 AM

» What The Hell Type Moon Made Saber a Villain

isolated-otaku - Jun 11, 2023

14 by isolated-otaku »»
Jun 22, 2023 9:57 PM

» Does Fate/Grand waifu have...

Gensan - Nov 4, 2016

8 by isolated-otaku »»
Jun 12, 2023 2:16 AM

» Characters from other media who'd make a perfect Servant in Fate/Grand Order?

Kazu-chan-san - Dec 26, 2022

7 by removed-user »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:13 AM

» When Can I Watch This

Sonnyman45 - Feb 14, 2023

5 by n7pidgey »»
Feb 15, 2023 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.