Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2017 3:46 AM

Aug 2009
GenesisAria said:
kaimax said:

Aegis is a proper shield though ,that image that was conjured up with her NP is "simply" a wall. :p
I'm simply saying, Nope that's not Aegis.

Shame, because that would be epic. It would have made more sense as a counter to Excalibur, being the "impenetrable shield", though by the stats it seems like Arthuria's alter is weaker anyhow.

Lore wise Mashu has something even better.Alter is stronger than final UBW Saber.
Jan 1, 2017 3:49 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
Fai said:

Overall fate sure, but FGO is absolutely running on waifus and gambling for waifus. FGO is all about rolling for questionably dressed new and old characters whose personality is clothing and some of whom have personality and characterization of a brick.

The protag is an empty self insert for a reason.

A lot of the Servants don't get deep multilayered characterization because they're not the focus of the story.
A good example of this is how Alters was so ridiculously 2D in GO until Extella happened. There was no reason to grind the story to a complete halt to give a complete psychological profile on a character with barely any screentime.
Most of the rollable Servants are as relevant to the story as Sola-Ui or Issei. They get as enough depth as it's required to them by the plot.
The main character is bland on purpose, yeah. I hoped they'd give him a character and hopefully a full character arc at some point, bit it seems like they won't do that because the audience for the game came for the Servants, not the Master.
The other main characters lik Mashu, Roman and Da Vinci DO get their characterization over time.

What is the point of arguing?

I can say the same stuff he says about Extra, who has a MC who is as bland as he can get.
We have been there before.There is absolutely no point to arguing with him about this.
Jan 1, 2017 3:52 AM

Dec 2012
Fai said:

This has nothing to do with fate/stay night.
Fate Stay Night and Fate Zero events did not happen in this world. But yeah various points of THIS timeline got screwed and you are basically a janitor resolving the screwed up various points in human history while trying to figure out wtf is going on.

Gotcha, Thanks, I wish they some how flat out said that, or I knew that going on, whole time I watching I'm trying to tie stuff to Zero and Stay/Night.
DarkSynopsisJan 1, 2017 5:41 PM
Jan 1, 2017 3:52 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

Caster was a joy to watch as expected. Enjoyed watching Casta-no-Aniki kick Archer's ass for the hundredth time. Every timeline, Archer, damn. Although, they made Cu way WAY more powerful than he has any right to be here. I mean, Wickerman defeating Saber? This is borderline lore breaking right there.

Strictly speaking everything that Servants do would be useless against Saber since they even exist because of Magecraft.

Rule Breaker, any Celtic Spear we have seen Saber face etc shouldnt have worked.

And even if weexclude those we have these.
Medea's enhancement on Kuzuki, Medea's strings, Medea's Golems, Gilles's Horrors, any projection used by Shirou and Archer etc shouldnt have worked because all of them are clearly Magecraft.

If the Golems and Horrors can harm Saber because they are only summons, then Wicker Man should be able too.

The only Magecraft we have seen Saber totally nullify are 100% pure magic attacks like Rin's gems and Medea's beams.

I specifically stated in a later post that the physical impact of physical objects is fair game and the energy attacks are the issue. The ground pound should hurt her, but not the magical fire attack.
Jan 1, 2017 3:57 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

Strictly speaking everything that Servants do would be useless against Saber since they even exist because of Magecraft.

Rule Breaker, any Celtic Spear we have seen Saber face etc shouldnt have worked.

And even if weexclude those we have these.
Medea's enhancement on Kuzuki, Medea's strings, Medea's Golems, Gilles's Horrors, any projection used by Shirou and Archer etc shouldnt have worked because all of them are clearly Magecraft.

If the Golems and Horrors can harm Saber because they are only summons, then Wicker Man should be able too.

The only Magecraft we have seen Saber totally nullify are 100% pure magic attacks like Rin's gems and Medea's beams.

I specifically stated in a later post that the physical impact of physical objects is fair game and the energy attacks are the issue. The ground pound should hurt her, but not the magical fire attack.

Didn't read that then,sorry.

Maybe elemental attacks do hurt her.
I mean Medea's strings are clearly not normal strings that were powered up like Kuzuki was.
Jan 1, 2017 4:04 AM

Dec 2009
ssjokg said:
GenesisAria said:

Shame, because that would be epic. It would have made more sense as a counter to Excalibur, being the "impenetrable shield", though by the stats it seems like Arthuria's alter is weaker anyhow.

Lore wise Mashu has something even better.Alter is stronger than final UBW Saber.

I'm interested to know based on what that Alter is stronger than F/S Saber. Also how do you get better than "impenetrable shield"?

If the alters are stronger, then this entire ova is inconsistent, it can only work if they're weaker. It would only make sense that corrupted Arthuria wouldn't be as strong as the motivated and right way up one. Just as a morally sound Cu is strong even if he's in the wrong class.

I really don't get the chars being in the series who weren't kings or involved in war, like Leonardo and Tesla.
GenesisAriaJan 1, 2017 4:12 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 1, 2017 4:04 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

I mean Medea's strings are clearly not normal strings that were powered up like Kuzuki was.

The strings are projections, which means they're physical objects, so they can potentially hurt her like Archer's.
Saber has a ridiculously dense shield of mana that rejects almost all manners of external mana. She could've blown away the fire with her Mana Burst, had things went like they were supposed to.
Jan 1, 2017 4:10 AM

Aug 2009
GenesisAria said:
ssjokg said:

I'm interested to know based on what that Alter is stronger than F/S Saber. Also how do you get better than "impenetrable shield"?

If the alters are stronger, then this entire ova is inconsistent.

Being Alter doesnt mean they are stronger. But we know from official stats that Saber Alter IS stronger than Saber with Rin as Master.The reason is having almost infinite amount of mana supply.

As for Mashu I cant say because of spoilers.

astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

The strings are projections, which means they're physical objects, so they can potentially hurt her like Archer's.
Saber has a ridiculously dense shield of mana that rejects almost all manners of mana. She could've blown away the fire with her Mana Burst, had things went like they were supposed to.

All I can say is that Nasu should make clear, after 12 years, what shit Magic Resistance can nullify and what not.
Jan 1, 2017 4:34 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:

All I can say is that Nasu should make clear, after 12 years, what shit Magic Resistance can nullify and what not.

I think that it's pretty clear what she can and can't nullify. Her ability to manipulate the mana around her body is what gives her MR. Saber's Mana Burst is so strong, it can blow away physical objects, let alone fire or magic. Trying to defeat Saber by burning her with magic should be laughable to Alter.
The anime dropped the ball hard here. Whoever was responsible for the story composition either didn't know how MR works or just didn't care because we'd be too busy ogling Cu's six-pack to notice. It almost worked too :p
Jan 1, 2017 4:48 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

I think that it's pretty clear what she can and can't nullify. Her ability to manipulate the mana around her body is what gives her MR. Saber's Mana Burst is so strong, it can blow away physical objects, let alone fire or magic. Trying to defeat Saber by burning her with magic should be laughable to Alter.
The anime dropped the ball hard here. Whoever was responsible for the story composition either didn't know how MR works or just didn't care because we'd be too busy ogling Cu's six-pack to notice. It almost worked too :p

In an ideal situation yes she should have used MB. Same in Sparks Liner High against all of the K&B..And in many other scenarios for regular Saber.
There was the element of surprise.And unlike the original Saber Alter we dont know this ones mana supply. Alter's MB is so strong because of her Master and in Singularity F she clearly doesnt have even a regular one.

First we mustn't compare her to the original Alter and second we cant demand from her to do the most ideal move in every situation, when she didnt in FSN and FZ either.
Jan 1, 2017 4:52 AM

May 2016
siradix said:
Still Cu as a caster? Why not make him the berserker? It would at least fit with his legend.

There's a Berserker/Alter Cu tho

Jan 1, 2017 4:53 AM

Aug 2009
-Kyrie- said:
siradix said:
Still Cu as a caster? Why not make him the berserker? It would at least fit with his legend.

There's a Berserker/Alter Cu tho

Not his actual Berserker form tho.

siradix said:

Because being a Caster also fits his legend????
Jan 1, 2017 5:06 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

In an ideal situation yes she should have used MB. Same in Sparks Liner High against all of the K&B..And in many other scenarios for regular Saber.
There was the element of surprise.And unlike the original Saber Alter we dont know this ones mana supply. Alter's MB is so strong because of her Master and in Singularity F she clearly doesnt have even a regular one.

First we mustn't compare her to the original Alter and second we cant demand from her to do the most ideal move in every situation, when she didnt in FSN and FZ either.

Her MR WAS active. If you see her armor on, which is made of pure mana particles, she has her mana shield out. MR is a passive skill.
The situation in SLH doesn't apply here because she wasn't attacked by a magical attack there. She was attacked by 6 swords to the face that she can only defend against with her sword.
Saber of this singularity had the grail. She had as much mana supply as that situation.
Jan 1, 2017 5:09 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

Her MR WAS active. If you see her armor on, which is made of pure mana particles, she has her mana shield out. MR is a passive skill.
The situation in SLH doesn't apply here because she wasn't attacked by a magical attack there. She was attacked by 6 swords to the face that she can only defend against with her sword.
Saber of this singularity had the grail. She had as much mana supply as that situation.

I am talking about Mana Burst, MB.
Jan 1, 2017 5:17 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

I meant that MB was meant to blow the fire away so she could focus on countering WM's physical attack. The fire itself won't even penetrate her passive mana shield.
Jan 1, 2017 5:29 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

I meant that MB was meant to blow the fire away so she could focus on countering WM's physical attack. The fire itself won't even penetrate her passive mana shield.
MR rank B:Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected..

Wicker Man clearly is above 3 verses at least in the anime.

If Crane wing can harm her, being a C Rank, then Wicker Man rank B, both physical attacks and the Flames, should hurt her.
Jan 1, 2017 5:35 AM

Jan 2016
Shinji doe. Made this ova 10/10
Jan 1, 2017 5:48 AM

Jun 2008
GenesisAria said:
I really don't get the chars being in the series who weren't kings or involved in war, like Leonardo and Tesla.

It's simply because "They can".
Although some servants come out really weird in the end, Like Edison for example.

Also your question what "what's better than an impenetrable shield?" Here's a hint (if you don't straight look at her True NP), Her NP is not a shield, but this something is much bigger that it can block armies from getting in and keep your allies safe inside.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 1, 2017 5:48 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

MR rank B:Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected..

If Crane wing can harm her, being a C Rank, then Wicker Man rank B, both physical attacks and the Flames, should hurt her.

As i said, the physical attack should hurt her, the fire shouldn't. B-MR cancels < three verse-spells, but "Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected". The B-rank flames still won't affect her.
About the physical attack, Alter has an A-rank Endurance faced with a B-rank NP. The physical attack should've hurt her, not annihilate her in a single strike.
astroprogsJan 1, 2017 5:54 AM
Jan 1, 2017 5:55 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

As i said, the physical attack should hurt her, the fire shouldn't. B-MR cancels < three verse-spells, but "Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected". The flames still won't affect her.
About the physical attack, Alter has an A++ Endurance. The physical attack should've hurt her, not annihilate her in a single strike.
Difficult, not impossible like MR A.
Saber also took her own attack in the face, somehow.If you ask me, deflecting Excalibur is the real issue here, not WM's effects.
Her Endurance is A and if a Rank C, non NP attack can harm her enough to make her unable to move for 10 minutes then a RanK B NP is more than enough to kill her.
Jan 1, 2017 6:19 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
Saber also took her own attack in the face, somehow.If you ask me, deflecting Excalibur is the real issue here, not WM's effects.
Her Endurance is A and if a Rank C, non NP attack can harm her enough to make her unable to move for 10 minutes then a RanK B NP is more than enough to kill her.

I wouldn't put a B-rank spell too high on the list of magic that can mortally wound Saber.

Yeah, her En rank was a mistake on my part. I edited it a few second prior to your comment.

CW is special because it literally comes from all directions. They get the C-rank because K&B are just that weak, but the attack it self is insanely hard to defend against or dodge. If Tsubame Gaeshi was an NP, what rank do you think it'll get?
WM isn't at all like that. Even as a surprise attack, as a Servant, how can you NOT defend against an attack that has three time-consuming stages before it actually deals damage?
But yes, you're right, a B-rank NP can kill her if it directly hits her.
astroprogsJan 1, 2017 6:23 AM
Jan 1, 2017 6:27 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

I wouldn't put a B-rank spell too high on the list of magic that can mortally wound Saber.

Yeah, her En rank was a mistake on my part.

CW is special because it literally comes from all directions. They get the C-rank because K&B are just that weak, but the attack it self is insanely hard to defend against or dodge. If Tsubame Gaeshi was an NP, what rank do you think it'll get?
WM isn't at all like that. Even as a surprise attack, as a Servant, how can you NOT defend against an attack that has three time-consuming stages before it actually deals damage?

Tsubame Gaeshi works because Sasaki aims at vitals. Saber's neck alone is entirely unprotected.If Saber had a Full body armor it wouldnt do shit even if she was standing there.As for NP rank, I dont know. TG is strong because you cant evade not because of the power so....anything from C to B.Rule Breaker is OP as well but is so low ranked.

Being hard to dodge or evade doesnt increase Crane Wing's power.And Saber could have used MB to just blow every K&B away but she didnt just like here.As I said in an ideal scenario where every Servant uses what is best, many fights would have been different in all Fate Series.
Jan 1, 2017 6:32 AM

Jan 2010
Mashu's presence is enough to rate it Mashu/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2017 6:36 AM

Nov 2011
I think what bug me the most about this is that the servants dies too easily and they don't get to say any final words.

Jan 1, 2017 6:39 AM

Aug 2009
KaiserNazrin said:
I think what bug me the most about this is that the servants dies too easily and they don't get to say any final words.
Saber and Cu had last words.

Now Imagine Berserker being alone somewhere waiting to fight.
Jan 1, 2017 6:50 AM

Sep 2015
ii laugh whille remember all the spoiler when watch this oh god

so will gudako help on 2nd order?
Into the Internet!
Jan 1, 2017 6:54 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:

A good example of this is how Alters was so ridiculously 2D in GO until Extella happened. There was no reason to grind the story to a complete halt to give a complete psychological profile on a character with barely any screentime.

> Implying that what happened in extella was "depth" or that the wank there would make people care about Attila .

Poorly thought out characters remain poorly through out characters.
Most of servants exist there to solely bait the otaku to gamble for them due to various fetishes or fanservice. Its typical mobage stuff. Except that while stuff like Chain Chronicle actually bothers to weave the heroes into the story and give them a reason to be, explaining why they joined you, unlocking special quests if heroes related to each other in some ways join you, etc, FGO just drops you a waifu and that's it. Sure the waifu MIGHT feature into the story latter or sooner but that barely adds any depth. They don't have agency, they are not their own characters. Servants are "waifus", "playthings", to care for and level up. That's all.

The other main characters lik Mashu, Roman and Da Vinci DO get their characterization over time.

Roman and Davinci sure - but Surface-depth at most compared to most of fate works. Both are walking talking stereotypes with no depth or bigger personality flaws.

Mashu? LOL. Waifu-baiting is not characterization. At least there's a worse character than Sakura in nasuverse now. A true special snowflake

There's no reason to care for Mashu except for the fact that story literally force-feeds you her EVERYWHERE going "AINT SHE NICE!?! AINT SHE CARING?!?! YOU TOTALLY HAVE TO LIKE HER". Even this special highlights that on how the SelfInsertProtag should instantly like her and think she is just the best.
AhenshihaelJan 1, 2017 7:06 AM
Jan 1, 2017 6:57 AM

Aug 2009
See Astro?

All he does is just make fun of everything without any sort of strong argument.Or any argument at all.
Jan 1, 2017 7:17 AM

Apr 2016
I admire your determination for shitstorm in this thread guys, literally 130 post about nothing.
Jan 1, 2017 7:17 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

Yeah, her En rank was a mistake on my part.

Tsubame Gaeshi works because Sasaki aims at vitals. Saber's neck alone is entirely unprotected.If Saber had a Full body armor it wouldnt do shit even if she was standing there.As for NP rank, I dont know. TG is strong because you cant evade not because of the power so....anything from C to B.Rule Breaker is OP as well but is so low ranked.

Being hard to dodge or evade doesnt increase Crane Wing's power.And Saber could have used MB to just blow every K&B away but she didnt just like here.As I said in an ideal scenario where every Servant uses what is best, many fights would have been different in all Fate Series.

And CW doesn't aim for vitals as well? The rank of NP rarely has anything to do with power, and more about its level of mystery/fame. K&B have considerable amount of mystery due to their anti-monster and twin properties. TG, on the other hand, was born solely from the skill of its user, which means that it doesn't have any mystery or fame attached to itself, regardless of how amazing it actually is. Because Monohoshizao is so weak and because the skill itself is attributed to the wielder, not the weapon, TG will probably get an E or a D-rank at the very best.

Saber can't blow away Noble Phantasms with her MB.

I realize that this wasn't an ideal scenario, but Alter isn't this easy to take down by something that's very hard to use as a surprise attack like WM. Even if i didn't factor her MR or her Endurance, from what we know from the VN, Saber was known to have amazing reflexes and even her Alter form has B-Instinct, how the hell can i swallow her being curbstombed by this log?
Jan 1, 2017 7:20 AM

May 2015
Sooo.. I didn't watch it yet, but I have a question.

What is it? :D Is it different story, or what? Do I have to know other of fate series (I know F/Z, UBW, Night)?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 1, 2017 7:26 AM

Apr 2016
FrozenRaider said:

What is it? :D Is it different story, or what? Do I have to know other of fate series (I know F/Z, UBW, Night)?

Yep it is different story based on game FGO, and no you dont need to know other fate series(but you will have better knowing what is going on if you do) with F/Z, UBW and Night you will be fine. Just take this as alternative - what if scenario. Well you already watch previous Fate so you have good idea what "alternative" in Fate universe mean.
Jan 1, 2017 7:30 AM

Aug 2009
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

And CW doesn't aim for vitals as well? The rank of NP rarely has anything to do with power, and more about its level of mystery/fame. K&B have considerable amount of mystery due to their anti-monster and twin properties. TG, on the other hand, was born solely from the skill of its user, which means that it doesn't have any mystery or fame attached to itself, regardless of how amazing it actually is. Because Monohoshizao is so weak and because the skill itself is attributed to the wielder, not the weapon, TG will probably get an E or a D-rank at the very best.

I realize that this wasn't an ideal scenario, but Alter isn't this easy to take down by something that's very hard to use as a surprise attack like WM. Even if i didn't factor her MR or her Endurance, from what we know from the VN, Saber was known to have amazing reflexes and even her Alter form has B-Instinct, how the hell can i swallow her being curbstombed by this log?

Saber Alter's mana defense covers the whole body even without the armor.K&B arent true NPs, they never reached that level, while they are treated as such they arentit is stated by Nasu himself.They are just two swords with some abilities, like the attraction between them.The anti-monster property would exist only if it was a true NP.
Sure in some NP like Ionian Hetaroi the rank doesnt show the power but WM is clearly an attack, like Excalibur and Ea.
TG is mirroring True Magic so that's why I give it C to B.

As I said K&B arent true NPs and I see a reason why Mb cant blow away weak NPs.She can easily break them as Blue Saber.

The same way Saber fell to Diarmud's trap, Medea' traps, Gilles' trap, Caladbolg, Crane Wing etc etc. This isnt the first time Saber just cant do shit by herself.
Jan 1, 2017 7:38 AM
Jan 2017
Moment with Gudako was the best one. This special was not bad, but... Fujimaru Ritsuka is really boring and horrible as protagonist. He is kinda typical anime male character, nothing more.
Sad that i have no choice... only watch more GO specials(or something, if it will be)with him ~_~.
Jan 1, 2017 7:40 AM

Aug 2010
Fai said:
astroprogs said:

> Implying that what happened in extella was "depth" or that the wank there would make people care about Attila .

Poorly thought out characters remain poorly through out characters.
Most of servants exist there to solely bait the otaku to gamble for them due to various fetishes or fanservice. Its typical mobage stuff. Except that while stuff like Chain Chronicle actually bothers to weave the heroes into the story and give them a reason to be, explaining why they joined you, unlocking special quests if heroes related to each other in some ways join you, etc, FGO just drops you a waifu and that's it. Sure the waifu MIGHT feature into the story latter or sooner but that barely adds any depth. They don't have agency, they are not their own characters. Servants are "waifus", "playthings", to care for and level up. That's all.

Roman and Davinci sure - but Surface-depth at most compared to most of fate works. Both are walking talking stereotypes with no depth or bigger personality flaws.

Mashu? LOL. Waifu-baiting is not characterization. At least there's a worse character than Sakura in nasuverse now. A true special snowflake

There's no reason to care for Mashu except for the fact that story literally force-feeds you her EVERYWHERE going "AINT SHE NICE!?! AINT SHE CARING?!?! YOU TOTALLY HAVE TO LIKE HER". Even this special highlights that on how the SelfInsertProtag should instantly like her and think she is just the best.

Really? I thought Alter's backstory in Extella to be incredibly intriguing. It's inline with Nasu's mythos. I don't get how swallowing that vampires were originally aliens is easy, but Extella that actually went into far more details to ground its lore to be hard.

Altera and Extella were written before GO BTW, so it's not like Nasu picked Random Servant X from GO to have that role in Extella.

Also, seriously, what retcons? Every single thing introduced in Extella is new that doesn't contradict any mentioned lore.

In the story, every Servant that joins you have a reason for doing so. Nothing happens "just 'cause".

"Both are walking talking stereotypes with no depth or bigger personality flaws."
No. I'm sorry, just no. Please go and reread the fourth, sixth, seventh and final singularities again.
If you still consider that "Surface-depth", then i completely disagree with you on that.

Even in F/SN, Mashu was supposed to be the "hurt puppy" Servant. She gets her characterization from her true nature and her interactions with the HSs she encounters in each singularity and her dialogue with the MC. She's a walking symbolism of the plot's theme. She's meant to feel like this extremely fragile existence that somehow still struggles to keep living.

Jan 1, 2017 7:40 AM

Aug 2009
Gudako would be just as boring and horrible.

I dont know why people think she would be better.Her being a crazy bitch in the comics that hav enothing to do with the lore doesnt make her in lore character more interesting.
Jan 1, 2017 7:42 AM

Apr 2015
ssjokg said:

I dont know why people think she would be better.Her being a crazy bitch in the comics that hav enothing to do with the lore doesnt make her in lore character more interesting.

Pretty much this. The characterization is pretty much the same, its just a preference of gender.

Maybe wed get a more energetic preformance from the VA, but otherwise eh.
Jan 1, 2017 7:53 AM
Jan 2017
ssjokg said:

Its just my personal opinion,nothing more. And + you didn't see her as protagonist, maybe she could be better. We could compare if got two versions.
Jan 1, 2017 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
Fai said:
Going with Male protag which design wise is blandest thing ever. The Show REALLLLY wants you to self-insert into him and the show is framed in such a way as to waifu up Masshit with the viewer self inserting into protag. He has no personality, he has no ideals or struggle or flaws. The Protag is just THERE. To "experience" things happening.

This. I know this next one is just result of shoddy writing,but what kind of person automatically looks for single person he met less 30 mins ago? Terrible one i say.
That Shinji cameo tho... nice.
Jan 1, 2017 8:01 AM

May 2015
Swagernator said:
FrozenRaider said:

Yep it is different story based on game FGO, and no you dont need to know other fate series(but you will have better knowing what is going on if you do) with F/Z, UBW and Night you will be fine. Just take this as alternative - what if scenario. Well you already watch previous Fate so you have good idea what "alternative" in Fate universe mean.

Thank you for quick and good explanation. See you around. Oh, and a Happy New Year. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 1, 2017 8:03 AM

May 2014
this exceeded my expectations :O

considering I do not know how to read moonrunes in the game, this was a good watch :) (although I read each story mode summary before playing Camelot lol)

and to all that are saying that the storyline is bland or something like that, don't worry :) This is just the start :)
This is Part I, Part V and later is where it gets truly good surpassing Fate/Stay Night or Unlimited Blade Works or Heaven's Feel ^_^
Jan 1, 2017 8:03 AM

Feb 2015
it was very good imo. i wonder if there is a continuation ? i would love to see this.
but i still wondered what servant who merged with mash tho...i really want to know the name and the backstory xD 8/10
Jan 1, 2017 8:05 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
astroprogs said:

Saber Alter's mana defense covers the whole body even without the armor.K&B arent true NPs, they never reached that level, while they are treated as such they arentit is stated by Nasu himself.They are just two swords with some abilities, like the attraction between them.The anti-monster property would exist only if it was a true NP.
Sure in some NP like Ionian Hetaroi the rank doesnt show the power but WM is clearly an attack, like Excalibur and Ea.

As I said K&B arent true NPs and I see a reason why Mb cant blow away weak NPs.She can easily break them as Blue Saber.

The same way Saber fell to Diarmud's trap, Medea' traps, Gilles' trap, Caladbolg, Crane Wing etc etc. This isnt the first time Saber just cant do shit by herself.

The reason they're not called NPs is because they were never wielded in life. They, however, have their own special properties, history and, most importantly, mystery. They're not just some random swords. Not to mention, they weren't thrown by human strength either.
If Alter could be fast enough to deflect some, you'd think she'd be fast enough to use MB on them, unless she knows it'd be useless.
My point was that there's more to an NP's rank than raw power, attack type or not.
TG is still a product of a human skill that's achievable without the need of magic, hence no mystery. NPs like this usually rank low on the totem pole.

She can break them (the projected C(-)-rank swords) with her A++ sword, not her Mana Burst.

Those were instantaneous. WM is clearly far from that. Again, 1)Completely manifest. 2)Grap her and throw her in the cage. 3)Free fall and catch on fire.
None of the examples you gave ever take all of this time, except for Caladbolg which is impossible to deal with unless you have God Hand or a pesky younger-self.

EmphaticPikachu said:
ssjokg said:

Pretty much this. The characterization is pretty much the same, its just a preference of gender.

But... boobs tho :/

:p
astroprogsJan 1, 2017 8:22 AM
Jan 1, 2017 8:39 AM

Aug 2009
KawaiDiclonius77 said:
ssjokg said:

Its just my personal opinion,nothing more. And + you didn't see her as protagonist, maybe she could be better. We could compare if got two versions.
It is literally the same character,different gender.Proof?The fucking game.
astroprogs said:
ssjokg said:

The reason they're not called NPs is because they were never wielded in life. They, however, have their own special properties, history and, most importantly, mystery. They're not just some random swords. Not to mention, they weren't thrown by human strength either.
If Alter could be fast enough to deflect some, you'd think she'd be fast enough to use MB on them, unless she knows it'd be useless.
My point was that there's more to an NP's rank than raw power, attack type or not.
TG is still a product of a human skill that's achievable without the need of magic, hence no mystery. NPs like this usually rank low on the totem pole.

She can break them (the projected C(-)-rank swords) with her A++ sword, not her Mana Burst.

Those were instantaneous. WM is clearly far from that. Again, 1)Completely manifest. 2)Grap her and throw her in the cage. 3)Free fall and catch on fire.
None of the examples you gave ever take all of this time, except for Caladbolg which is impossible to deal with unless you have God Hand or a pesky younger-self.

EmphaticPikachu said:

But... boobs tho :/

:p

Having mystery alone doesnt make something a NP.Sometimes even something that didnt exist at all as a mystery becomes a NP like Iskandar's RM. As I said, they are treated like ones but arent true NPs.Like they cant be used in their full potential.

Mana Burst A: "A normal weapon that is not on the level of a divine mystery can be destroyed in one blow".If Mana Burst can make her do that then a burst at all directions can at least change the direction of K&Bs if not destroy them.There really isnt any reason why NP swords and items cannot be affected by abilities or attacks.
She was breaking K&B with IA active so it wasnt a A+++ sword.

The time they need isnt the issue.Saber's Instinct worked with TG which definitely is faster than any of those I mentioned.
Jan 1, 2017 8:42 AM

Jul 2007
A female character with more unique design and lgbt relationship implication will ALWAYS be better than a male character with COMPLETELYTYPICALJAPANESEBOY design and heteroromance stuff, even if both were shitty characters.
Jan 1, 2017 9:35 AM

Apr 2015
Nasu has already stated that Mashu is completely straight. I believe he said the two girls will become best friends and she will fall in love with the boy protag. And all the potential yuri that comes from your servantsXfem MC does not appear to be relavent to this adaption because the girl dont summon servants. Its going to be hetero only regardless of outcome.

I freely admit that id love more girls tho, so i wouldnt complain at all if they were here, but i doubt any lbgt stuff will happen here, least with the MC.
Jan 1, 2017 9:36 AM

Oct 2014
It was interesting...
but other then BroCu being best Servant as always, and Shinji's glorious death, it was pretty meh.

Especially the MC <.<
How the hell did he even appear beside Mashu furing Exsucalibah anyway?
Also the fact that it felt more as a game and less then an anime sometimes is bad. (''you give commands.'' Wut)

Prez as MC would've been much better tbh.

Nasu should've just went with ubw Shirou x Rin going through the ages and kicking asses...
ShrimperorJan 1, 2017 9:39 AM
Jan 1, 2017 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
I once believed that ufotable can't make a bad show...
Jan 1, 2017 9:45 AM

Jul 2013
Selfhood said:
This isn't made by ufotable, however.
Jan 1, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2007
Selfhood said:

1. Ufotable already made bad shows with Zestiria, UBW and God Eater.
2. This is not ufotable.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» lostbelt

youchl - Jul 20, 2023

12 by n7pidgey »»
Jul 27, 2023 9:20 AM

» What The Hell Type Moon Made Saber a Villain

isolated-otaku - Jun 11, 2023

14 by isolated-otaku »»
Jun 22, 2023 9:57 PM

» Does Fate/Grand waifu have...

Gensan - Nov 4, 2016

8 by isolated-otaku »»
Jun 12, 2023 2:16 AM

» Characters from other media who'd make a perfect Servant in Fate/Grand Order?

Kazu-chan-san - Dec 26, 2022

7 by removed-user »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:13 AM

» When Can I Watch This

Sonnyman45 - Feb 14, 2023

5 by n7pidgey »»
Feb 15, 2023 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.