Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2010 9:25 AM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh yeah, finally some Daichi action. Can't wait for a subbed version of the episode.

SPOILER BELOW!

Mod Edit: Removed streaming link.
ShockedJan 17, 2016 12:00 AM
Feb 9, 2010 10:08 AM

Feb 2009
Daichi tsundere much? Kugimiya goes to her tsundere voice but she does a good job voicing Daichi. Too much flatness...not good for the eyes...still there was Sanae clumsiness, Tomomi evil mode, Principal antics and Sernia exposures so not a bad episode...

Next ep, Mahou Shoujo Pina?
Feb 9, 2010 2:59 PM

Oct 2009
Oh great so Daichi's reason is pathetic and looks like other animes use this often....in fact all of Japan seems to have this syndrome in anime. Look if I were to say something to Daichi about this...."Does not matter if you have breasts or not...as long as you can satisfy me, have a great personality and a good heart that cares.....you are perfect" BTW Daichi knows how to cook really well on top of that and even has a crush on Hino....so cute! :3 I am sorry but in the big breasts winner is Selnia in this episode and her dress too. In the flat...no one beats Mimina!=>

Too bad there was not a Hino x Daichi dance...would have been epic!=>
This is going into GIF ASAP...made me laugh so much...was too much! XD=>
Tomomi was the best with helping Daichi and Daichi is #3 favorite flat girl in this serie for me.....next episode is my #2 Pina! Now we all know that we want to do that on Sanae with (you know what instead of that)=>
Some more thoughts would be him being so funny as a maid when he is a guy=>
There is also this position....does make you think of something that Hino would be doing to Daichi......=>
Shocking beat up face is shocking to me=>
I can never be not amazed at how Tomomi's face of evil is great...even if it was once in this episode....marvelously done=>

NSFW GIFs for those who like either Daichi or Selnia....ecchi=>

Overall Daichi's excuse is pathetic but Pina next episode will be a delight! :D~~ *drool*
francismeunierFeb 10, 2010 9:46 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 9, 2010 8:39 PM

May 2009
LAWL, but, poor Daichi. D: She be flat. But, flat is awesome, so it's all good.

Do you think he pretended not to know?
ShotshotsFeb 10, 2010 4:13 PM
Feb 10, 2010 4:38 AM
Jun 2008
So....this episode is about daichi's virginity
I had a nice laugh ^^
MorningGloryFeb 10, 2010 4:48 AM
Feb 10, 2010 5:26 AM

Apr 2009
This one was kind of a slap in the face for Daichi. Kind felt bad for her.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Feb 10, 2010 8:44 AM
Feb 2010
the sound of Daichi about to cry at the end was soooooooooo cute
Feb 10, 2010 10:18 AM

Dec 2007
This episode delivers! Some reverse trap goodness in here.
Feb 10, 2010 10:52 AM
Jun 2008
richmeister said:
Thats the sound of despair.....ermmm frustration is more suitable since he(she) is denied being as a female ^^i feel a bit relived when she cry,at least from now on we can expect some love to be ignite ^^
Feb 10, 2010 10:53 AM

Aug 2009
Good episode for me, the Kugimiya fanboy.

Don't worry Kaoru. You know that a pettanko is a status symbol!
Feb 10, 2010 1:11 PM

Jul 2009
hahahaha poor daichi. love this anime
Feb 10, 2010 2:01 PM
Jan 2010
The second I saw Daichi, I knew the 'secret'.
Too femenine to be a guy.
Feb 10, 2010 2:16 PM

May 2009
Poor Daichi, lol. She doesn't really need the bandage... Quite a nice episode.
Feb 10, 2010 2:58 PM

Sep 2008
First boring episode for me.

Flameheart's dress was the worst part.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2010 3:01 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm..not as funny as previous episode..oh well
Feb 10, 2010 3:30 PM

Oct 2009
It was nice to have Daichi in the spotlight, just wish the episode could have been a little more comical.
Feb 10, 2010 3:43 PM

Jun 2009
Laevantein said:
Hmm..not as funny as previous episode..oh well

Unfotunately.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 10, 2010 4:35 PM

Aug 2008
Poor Poor Daichi...

Even without it being as funny as previous episodes, I enjoyed this episode. Love this anime~

Too bad Sernia didn't dance with Hino. That conversation would have been epic.
jujubeezaFeb 10, 2010 4:39 PM
Feb 10, 2010 4:40 PM

Jan 2008
Daiichi's peccha-pai fanservice was hot. She doesn't want the secret out, but totally depressed when not recognized as a girl when seen nude. Funny and sad, how's that?
Feb 10, 2010 5:16 PM

Jul 2008
daiichi episode, wonder why her father wants her to pretend to be a boy?; anyways pretty funny episode
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 10, 2010 5:36 PM

Sep 2009
I thought all of the Daichi scenes were funny.
Feb 10, 2010 5:44 PM

May 2009
meh boring, who cares about that gender bender. Improve the harem instead!
Feb 10, 2010 5:49 PM

Jul 2009
Yay more daichi <3
So ultracute
But the maid-dress up was stupid imho :<
Destiny~
Feb 10, 2010 8:44 PM

Sep 2007
Uh... what? Her pops told her to enroll as a guy? Shit doesn't even make sense. Highlight of the episode was Sanae as usual with her crazy antics.
Feb 10, 2010 9:57 PM

Sep 2008
As Wasabi said, this shit doesn't make sense. But I did laugh my ass off at the end.
Feb 10, 2010 11:16 PM

Dec 2009
richmeister said:

and the grappling scene, with hino breathing in her ear....
Feb 10, 2010 11:23 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
Uh... what? Her pops told her to enroll as a guy? Shit doesn't even make sense.

Maybe because she told him how she felt and he accepted it like that.....ever assume?
Wasabi said:
Highlight of the episode was Sanae as usual with her crazy antics.
Add to that Sernia and Mimina.
MagicWookie said:
As Wasabi said, this shit doesn't make sense. But I did laugh my ass off at the end.
It does if you assume logically.

Feb 11, 2010 3:00 AM

May 2009
I think Hino genuinely didn't notice Daichi being a girl because of her DFC. Plus, she was holding the towel in front of her private parts, so it's not like he could see Daichi missing a specific body part to make the connection. He just thinks Daichi is an extremely shy guy (who happens to look very nice in a dress).

I think Tomomi is the only one who knows of Daichi's secret. I wonder how long it will take before this secret gets exposed to the world and if it happens by accident (likely) or by Daichi admitting it herself (which I don't see happening anytime soon).

I wonder what Hino's reaction will be once he finds out that his roommate is a girl.

As for why Daichi is forced to do this, it's probably a family tradition or something she has to do to discover her 'true self'. Also, is Daichi her true name or her 'adopted' name?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2010 3:11 AM
Feb 2009
I liked Daichi's sound of despair at the end. Even though she was basically caught, minus the towel hiding her below the waist, she can still pass for a boy since she's supposedly so flat to be able to pass for one. if it was anybody else besides Hino to find Daichi like that, but Hino's a bit unobservant. Also liked Tomomi's evil little, laugh.
Feb 11, 2010 3:26 AM

Jul 2009
Poor Daichi, she should listen to Konata and learn that "A flat chest is a status symbol, extremely rare and valuable" xD
In retrospect though, if you actually can pull off fooling everyone that you're male even when the only thing that's hidden is your genitalia, you probably look boot ugly (as a girl) and got a really funky voice =P
But since this is anime, where basically everyone have the same basic facial structure it doesn't really show.
Feb 11, 2010 5:44 AM

Oct 2009
AO968 said:
I think Tomomi is the only one who knows of Daichi's secret. I wonder how long it will take before this secret gets exposed to the world and if it happens by accident (likely) or by Daichi admitting it herself (which I don't see happening anytime soon).
I was thinking the same thing about Tomomi as you....she knows that secret.
Elika said:
I liked Daichi's sound of despair at the end.
Yeah same here....it was cute in way :3

Feb 11, 2010 6:26 AM

May 2008
for some reason I feel sorry for Daichi... -__-
Feb 11, 2010 10:43 AM

Apr 2009
When they first showed the girls' dresses I thought: "Aww, no boobs so far, no boobs at all...". Then, suddenly, BOOBS! Not thousands of them, just a HUUUGE pair!

On a serious side: unnecessary episode. Fun below par for the series so far, and... A whole episode to tell he is actually a she? It was obvious from the second episode or so. And they did not explain the most important thing: why does she do that? The "here's your ball little girl" part did not help me.

Oh well, I've had my boobs serving, I guess this week I'll take my humor serving from Baka to Test only.

edit: judging from the first minute, it seems I'll have a boobs serving from Baka to Test too. Yay!
Feb 11, 2010 11:03 AM

May 2008
The AkiharuxDaichi moment when they were wrestling was amazing >w<

Feb 11, 2010 12:15 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:

Maybe because she told him how she felt and he accepted it like that.....ever assume?

There was absolutely nothing indicating that she wanted to be a boy.
Feb 11, 2010 1:25 PM

Aug 2009
Whoa, nice episode, and I just got a new no.1 favorite girl in this series^^

It wasn't much of a surprise that Daichis a girl, but now we finally got it comfirmed...
The judo/karate-scene was just hilarious and cute xD I wonder how Hino would react about it when he gets to know the truth^^
A dancing scene with Hino and Daichi would definitely have been nice... I lol'd at the guy who got dressed up like a maid, from his appearence, he could be a girl too xD
richmeister said:

I agree totally^^
I hope for at least one more Daichi-episode in the series^^

Next ep should be nice, too, with the clumsy girl^^
Feb 11, 2010 2:53 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:

Yes there was with those girls and when she lost the ball....it was obvious that Daichi was envious of being like them but later on realizing she could not be opted to try to be a boy to hide her shame.....of course assuming so nano.

Feb 11, 2010 3:14 PM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Yes there was with those girls and when she lost the ball....it was obvious that Daichi was envious of being like them but later on realizing she could not be opted to try to be a boy to hide her shame.....of course assuming so nano.

It's about bust size after all ;P
Also Francis, "nano"... Shizuku?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 11, 2010 4:31 PM

Sep 2008
francismeunier said:
MagicWookie said:

Her Father tells her he wants her to enroll as a boy. There are no logical assumptions to be made....
Feb 11, 2010 4:41 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:

Uhh... what? Daichi was like... a fucking baby in that flashback and those girls were supposedly how old? I doubt Daichi even know what breasts are for back then.
Feb 11, 2010 6:36 PM

Nov 2007
What an unexpected turn of events.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 11, 2010 9:58 PM
Jun 2009
nice episode...funny ending... xD
Feb 12, 2010 12:55 AM

Aug 2008
I personally liked the Hedyeh moments.

On a side note, FUCK YEAH PINA NEXT EPISODE.
Feb 12, 2010 4:08 AM
Jul 2009
tsundere goodness..waiting for magical girl next episode
Feb 12, 2010 6:34 AM

Feb 2010
Ep was quite good and traps rule!
this is a surprise of the season honestly
Feb 12, 2010 6:04 PM

Dec 2007
Poor Daichi at the end. Was loling when the camera changed angles.

MagicWookie said:
francismeunier said:
MagicWookie said:

Her Father tells her he wants her to enroll as a boy. There are no logical assumptions to be made....

Father wanted boy. Got a girl instead and wife can't have anymore kids so he raises her as a boy. One possibility.
Feb 13, 2010 2:36 AM

Apr 2009
Wait... Did she ever say that it was her father's will to join as a boy? I probably missed it.
Can anyone fetch the minute in the episode where it is stated?
Feb 13, 2010 5:55 AM

Sep 2007
Desirio said:
Wait... Did she ever say that it was her father's will to join as a boy? I probably missed it.
Can anyone fetch the minute in the episode where it is stated?

There was nothing whatsoever that indicated why she enrolled as a boy other than her "strict father" telling her to join the school. For an episode that completely focused on the fact that Daichi is a girl, they missed the most important part: the reason she even joined as a boy.
Feb 13, 2010 6:07 AM

Apr 2009
It is probably out of the aims of the anime, most japanese otaku (the main audience for Ladies x Butlers I suppose) are fine with a reverse trap with no to little. The "strict father" reason is a cliche they seem extremely attached to, and is apparently a good enough reason. Anyway I still miss the point for the flashback scene with the group of ladies bringing her ball back.

Obviously I hope to know more, but I'm afraid it might not be the case.

edit: looks like I missed it, anyway. But as you said it only says something about the strict father, nothing about him wanting a boy. Although it's the most plausible idea (because it's a cliche too).
Feb 13, 2010 11:05 AM

Dec 2007
I liked Daichi's tsundere side, and it was cute. I don't understand why her father told her to enroll as a boy, and they even didn’t mention the important part that reason is Daichi joined as a boy. This one doesn’t make sense, but it was good, enjoyable episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ladies versus Butlers! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Nakei - Feb 23, 2010

99 by Cero98 »»
May 6, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Ladies versus Butlers! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Nakei - Jan 26, 2010

95 by 0xAHD »»
Mar 15, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Ladies versus Butlers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 23, 2010

171 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 8, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Ladies versus Butlers! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Mar 16, 2010

81 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 7, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Ladies versus Butlers! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Mar 9, 2010

70 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 3, 10:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.