Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2016 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Yuya looks like a monster now. The way he looks reminds me of some Sci-fi B movie.

We got him vs Edo Phoenix and Sora this episode. Pretty intense duel. I liked Edo and Sora's teamwork. This new Yuya is quite a badass though imo lol. Just a evil badass. Even his dueling style is more aggressive. Too bad Edo and Sora were defeated...
Stark700Dec 25, 2016 12:54 AM
Dec 25, 2016 1:11 AM

May 2008
Stark700 said:
Wow, Yuya looks like a monster now. The way he looks reminds me of some Sci-fi B movie.

He became Toguro...
Dec 25, 2016 1:14 AM
Apr 2013
Wow! This episode is just so...! GREAT! XD

Just as he is titled "Supreme King", Zarc deck is also "Supreme King" monsters. I thought Supreme King Dragon Zarc is a Fusion Pendulum monster, but then Zarc said "Tougou Shoukan" (Integration Summon) instead of "Yuugou Shoukan" (Fusion Summon), which means it's a new monster card. Even the card colour is the mix of the other summoning's colours.

Too bad have to wait for another week until we can see the next episode. Looking forward to it! XD
Dec 25, 2016 1:58 AM

May 2008
Frost190 said:

Just as he is titled "Supreme King", Zarc deck is also "Supreme King" monsters. I thought Supreme King Dragon Zarc is a Fusion Pendulum monster, but then Zarc said "Tougou Shoukan" (Integration Summon) instead of "Yuugou Shoukan" (Fusion Summon), which means it's a new monster card. Even the card colour is the mix of the other summoning's colours.

Too bad have to wait for another week until we can see the next episode. Looking forward to it! XD

"[Dragon/Fusion]
[Lv/rank 12]
[4000/4000]
(This card is also always treated as a Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monster. This card is always treated as having a Rank that is equal to its Level.)
Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Astrograph Sorcerer" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy as many monsters your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, inflict damage to the controllers equal to the total ATK those destroyed monsters had on their field. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. While a Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monster are banished and/or in the Graveyard, this card cannot be destroyed, also it is unaffected by card effects that would make this card leave the field. Monsters you control are unaffected by the effects of Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Special Summon 2 "Supreme King Servant Dragon" monsters from your Extra Deck in Defense Position. If your opponent adds a card(s) to their hand (except during the Draw Phase): You can destroy that card(s)."
Dec 25, 2016 2:13 AM
Apr 2013
Haou-Judai said:
Frost190 said:

"[Dragon/Fusion]
[Lv/rank 12]
[4000/4000]
(This card is also always treated as a Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monster. This card is always treated as having a Rank that is equal to its Level.)
Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Astrograph Sorcerer" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy as many monsters your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, inflict damage to the controllers equal to the total ATK those destroyed monsters had on their field. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. While a Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monster are banished and/or in the Graveyard, this card cannot be destroyed, also it is unaffected by card effects that would make this card leave the field. Monsters you control are unaffected by the effects of Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Special Summon 2 "Supreme King Servant Dragon" monsters from your Extra Deck in Defense Position. If your opponent adds a card(s) to their hand (except during the Draw Phase): You can destroy that card(s)."

Hahaha, yeah, I already read that. It's just hearing Zarc called it " Tougou Shoukan (Integration Summon)" instead of Fusion Summon, and

In the image above, it's clearly written as Dragon/Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum/Effect, so I couldn't help but treat it as a new type of monster. (^w^)
Miya190Dec 25, 2016 3:33 AM
Dec 25, 2016 7:40 AM

Jun 2010
Wow, anime!Zarc has the "destroy cards opponent draw/add to hand outside of draw phase" as a monster effect instead of OCG!Zarc having it as Pendulum effect. And especially given how easy it is to summon him in the anime (just requires Astrograph on the field and the four dragons in the extra deck), turn 1 Zarc + Card Destruction = win? LOL
Dec 25, 2016 12:33 PM
Feb 2016
Think this summoning technique could be used in the next series?

Cant wait for next ep:)
Dec 25, 2016 12:40 PM

Oct 2016
Nothing really special to say about this one.

As expected, the writers are having the Lancers stall and get beaten one by one until Ray is reborn. And as expected of a yugioh boss, Zarc has pretty hax cards and effects.

From the looks of it, I think (but I hope it does not) Zarc's hideous current form is going stick because it looks like Zarc's other cracked form, the one before he was split... But c'mon, at least give him his original hair style back...

It's cool that Zarc (the dragon) is a hybrid monster and that it has its own type of Summon. I wished they made hybrids a thing irl though...

Also, since the text of Zarc says it cannot be Special Summoned except with Astrograph, then that means that there's no Chronograph, and of course the substitute Magicians.

Also, does this mean Zarc cannot be Pendulum Summoned as well or...? And I just don't get how Zarc places this in the Pendulum Zone, since it has no effect that places it.

Yeah, and it seems nothing gets to Zarc when others remind him of their time together. Sora even let a tear. :'(
Dec 25, 2016 12:53 PM
Feb 2016
Holy CRAP, I was NOT expecting "Integration Summon!" rather than "Fusion Summon" as soon as Zarc brought out Astrograph Magician. That was insane.

Wish we didn't have to wait an extra week for the next episode, but oh well. Merry Christmas, everyone!
Dec 25, 2016 1:13 PM
Jan 2013
Is damage Edo and Sora receive effect damage? Can't Edo negate it by using Decider's graveyard effect at least for himself?
EDIT: just saw Decider's anime effect only nullifies effect damage on the turn it's sent to graveyard, oops!

Outside of that, Sora crying is sad to see...
dex_dashJan 8, 2017 4:05 AM
Dec 25, 2016 1:23 PM

Sep 2016
i hope zarc got another form when yuya and possibly yugo yuto yuri get freed because THAT FORM IS SO UGLY
it's like the designer got lazy or something smh
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 25, 2016 2:55 PM

Feb 2013
Zarc was too much for Edo and Sora.
Dec 25, 2016 4:48 PM
Sep 2012
First of all great to see some of these old characters back, and I guess we can stop the conspiracy theory that Himika is in league with Leo. Himika has her problems, but not this. Well great to see all the old characters, but dam it some of my favorites were not there, no Tyler sisters, no Masumi, I mean throw a bone here, especially Masumi we haven't seen in forever, at least the Tyler sisters were more recent characters.

It looks like we going to have characters from each dimension take their shots at Zarc. First it was the Fusion dimension turn, and giving how much they are kind of responsible for this, I guess it only makes sense they get first crack, it is Sora and Edo. Giving their history, it was a good team up. And it is like a circle with the order of Yuya's friend, Sora was one of Yuya's friends early friends in the series while Edo was one of his recent friends in the series.

And I was worried for them, there is no reason to think Zarc is just going to card people, he might do something more serious to his falling opponents.

And defeated in one episode, next is the XyZ dimension turn and it is Kurosaki and Kaito, and so far the pattern, each dimension two duelist, one Arc V original character and a legacy character, and giving Crow is gone, when it is the Synchro dimension, Jack will be one of the two duelist, and other probably will be Chojiro. Shinji is the only other possibility, but I think Chojiro, he and Yuya were closer. As for the Standard dimension, it is going to Gong and Shingo.

Anyway great episode, we have to wait another two weeks for the next one.
blfanDec 25, 2016 4:52 PM
Dec 25, 2016 5:19 PM
Apr 2013
blfan said:

And defeated in one episode, next is the XyZ dimension turn and it is Kurosaki and Kaito, and so far the pattern, each dimension two duelist, one Arc V original character and a legacy character, and giving Crow is gone, when it is the Synchro dimension, Jack will be one of the two duelist, and other probably will be Chojiro. Shinji is the only other possibility, but I think Chojiro, he and Yuya were closer. As for the Standard dimension, it is going to Gong and Shingo.

Don't forget there are still Reiji and Reira as well from Standard.

Actually, regarding Crow...
Dec 25, 2016 5:47 PM

Dec 2016
Zero & Infinity cards, reminds me a bit of Darkness Nightshroud from GX.

I actually liked the looks of Zarcs card with all those colours on it.
Dec 26, 2016 2:55 AM

Jul 2016
Zarc's "plan" sounds really cliche and has no real purpose whatsoever.

Also, Edo wouldn't have lost if he had activated Decider's effect in the graveyard.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Dec 26, 2016 2:57 AM

Mar 2012
Now this is monster worthy of being last boss not some bullshit with base ATK 100K.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 26, 2016 3:03 AM
Dec 2016
A new Xyz Dragon will appear in the next espiode Yay! ^_^
Dec 26, 2016 4:02 AM

May 2014
The dialouge was a bit different, they were trying this time, unlike the bland dialouge from the past episodes, I liked that.

Tougou shokan was cool.
Sora actually got me a bit emotional, but I really wanted them to last a bit more, and I also wanted Zarc's summon to not be this easy, like wtf Astrograph just tributes itself and summons it? Lmao the RL game effects are much more interesting and sane.

It also wouldn't have hurt to have Sora and Edo just some new stuff or make them last a bit longer, if Kaito and Shun didn't respond immediately why did they join and take the penalty.. Ahh

Dec 26, 2016 6:14 AM
Apr 2013
ZoroZoldyck said:
The dialouge was a bit different, they were trying this time, unlike the bland dialouge from the past episodes, I liked that.

Tougou shokan was cool.
Sora actually got me a bit emotional, but I really wanted them to last a bit more, and I also wanted Zarc's summon to not be this easy, like wtf Astrograph just tributes itself and summons it? Lmao the RL game effects are much more interesting and sane.

It also wouldn't have hurt to have Sora and Edo just some new stuff or make them last a bit longer, if Kaito and Shun didn't respond immediately why did they join and take the penalty.. Ahh

Most likely because the series only have several episodes left, so they made the Duels end fast...
Dec 27, 2016 12:36 AM

Oct 2011
omfg zarc integration with the dragon reminds me of Malik integration with Wing Dragon of Ra.

Omg. Sora edo nooo
Shun Kaito turn to help.
Dec 28, 2016 1:36 AM
Apr 2013

The comparison between the anime version and the real one is very big... Both card designs and effects.

Since Supreme King Dragon Zarc has been changed into a Integration Monster in the anime instead of a Fusion Pendulum Monster like the OCG, I wonder will there be a Fusion Pendulum monster summoned in the anime.
Miya190Dec 28, 2016 1:43 AM
Dec 30, 2016 6:20 AM

Nov 2008
So no G.O.D (Genesis Omega Dragon) in the anime. I wonder why the manga is so different compared to the anime
Dec 30, 2016 9:57 AM
Apr 2013
Sailamoon said:
So no G.O.D (Genesis Omega Dragon) in the anime. I wonder why the manga is so different compared to the anime

I have been wondering about this. Why are the yugioh mangas so different from the animes? They tell completely different stories.
Dec 30, 2016 5:36 PM
Apr 2013
Deathsaurus said:
Sailamoon said:

I have been wondering about this. Why are the yugioh mangas so different from the animes? They tell completely different stories.

I have three possibilities that I came up with for the reason:

1. Unlike manga adapted into anime, I heard in most cases an anime that adapted into manga is not as popular.

2. There are some cases that ideas that they decided not to use in the anime is instead used in the manga.

3. To introduce new cards.
Dec 30, 2016 5:38 PM

Sep 2016
first yugioh is the only yugioh from manga > anime, not exclusively about ygo card game, but game of darkness in general. and also way better than the anime. in fact, i like the pre-ygo card game story way more than the card game lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 31, 2016 2:26 AM
Apr 2013
GangsterCat said:
first yugioh is the only yugioh from manga > anime, not exclusively about ygo card game, but game of darkness in general. and also way better than the anime. in fact, i like the pre-ygo card game story way more than the card game lol

Yeah. Takahashi originally planned to show various games, but many demands from fans to show card game has turned it into a card game manga.
Jan 3, 2017 9:46 AM

Jul 2015
Jan 5, 2017 3:50 PM

Jan 2017
Frost190 said:

The comparison between the anime version and the real one is very big... Both card designs and effects.

Since Supreme King Dragon Zarc has been changed into a Integration Monster in the anime instead of a Fusion Pendulum Monster like the OCG, I wonder will there be a Fusion Pendulum monster summoned in the anime.
If I remember correctly one of Leo Akaba's Fusion monsters was a Pendulum-Fusion.
----------
I honestly loved this episode, seeing Sora cry after Zarc gave Sora no response hit me in the feels :(
Jan 5, 2017 9:49 PM
Apr 2013
RESHIRAM5 said:
Frost190 said:

If I remember correctly one of Leo Akaba's Fusion monsters was a Pendulum-Fusion.
----------
I honestly loved this episode, seeing Sora cry after Zarc gave Sora no response hit me in the feels :(

Sorry, I was not clear, I meant a Pendulum-Fusion by Yuya. I mean he already has Pendulum-Xyz and Pendulum-Synchro, so it's just weird to me that he doesn't have Pendulum-Fusion as well. He is the founder of Pendulum Summon after all, so I expected him to have Pendulum-Fusion monster as well.
May 5, 2019 9:47 PM

Dec 2012
Dat Dragon!
That lady in the orange top got a booty.
Every dimension can see the dragon.
It's Zarc!
The destruction begins.
Edo protected the crowd.
Edo and Sora appear before Zarc.
Smoke?
Dat form.
Yuya no longer exists.
Duel!
Haou Gate Zero and Infinity?
Darkwurm?
Ware no taan!
Astrograph Magician.
Synthesis Summon?
Haou Ryuu Zarc!
Cleared the motherfucking smoke with its wings.
4000 ATK? A Pendulum, XYZ, Synchro, and Fusion monster?
You think you Yami Malik?
Kaito and Shun enter the duel.
Edo and Sora lose.
Dat ending.

Zarc's design looks lame. As expected since only Kaz can make creepy designs. So with every odd numbered Yugioh, the final boss names are similar: ZORC, ZONE, ZARC. To see it more clearly: Zorc, Zone, Zarc. Meanwhile in even numbered Yugioh's, the final boss starts with a D.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 15, 2020 6:25 PM

Feb 2014
Yuya became some demon, it's giving me some Devil Jin vibes.
Scale 0 and scale 13 monsters?
WTF Aster? used a card just to deal damage to yourself.
They try to get Yuya out of there though memories, it isn't working.
He fused with his monster, just like Dartz did.
Now who and how is going to defeat Zarc?
Apr 29, 1:58 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to Punkero
Yuya became some demon, it's giving me some Devil Jin vibes.
Scale 0 and scale 13 monsters?
They try to get Yuya out of there though memories, it isn't working.
He fused with his monster, just like Dartz did.
Now who and how is going to defeat Zarc?
@Punkero
Punkero said:
He did that to use Dystopia Guy's effect because the effect also changed Dystopia Guy's attack points to trigger it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.