Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 22, 2019 12:43 PM

Dec 2017
It's been a while since I got that awesome feeling of watching a great show. Damn, it is definitely one of the most underrated shows ever.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Jul 9, 2019 8:08 PM

Mar 2016
This was a mess of an ending episode that didn't hit me emotionally at all. I get what they were going for, but it completely lacked subtlety. I think this was a real step down from the rest of the series, which was able to get across the same idea, just by having its characters connect with each other throughout their daily lives. The big reveal, that he got hurt saving a tanuki (Poco?), could have been left out completely, and the story wouldn't have suffered one bit. The execution of this ending just sucked and I think the awkward heavy-handedness made light of what they were trying to actually get across, which easily could have been something simple and beautiful.

Maybe it was a matter of fitting everything into 12 eps (I personally thought the one where they went to Tokyo was a waste, because they obviously didn't have enough time to make what happened there have any impact).

I liked the series though. Its characters were pure and heartwarming to watch and the setting and scenario itself was enveloped in this bittersweet nostalgia. I really enjoy sentimental shows like this, just wish the finale was better packaged.
syncrogazerJul 9, 2019 8:27 PM
Jul 1, 2020 11:47 PM

Jan 2018
Late to the party. But this anime's gut-wrenching 3 years after it ended.

That relationship between Poco and Souta's undoubtedly strong and wholesome. Looks like Poco passed Souta's dad message of being proud of him.

That last part was ambiguous, but if I need to choose about it, I hope they've reunited.

Good anime. 8/10
Aug 12, 2020 9:24 PM
Aug 2020
wolfwing said:
I liked this, maybe we will get a second season, that would be awesome, but what I would have liked was even if he couldn't be human, have souta take care of Poco as a Tanuki :>
semoga keluar musim ke dua nya
Sep 8, 2020 9:06 PM

Jul 2016
Poko was downgraded from "potential adoptive son" to "pet"... not really a fan of this outcome with him returning to his tanuki form but guess it's more practical this way since... you know, Poko can't age and stuff.

That aside, pretty heartwarming conclusion for this series. Kinda disappointed that Poko's secret being revealed didn't cause much turmoil at the festival and was quickly dismissed afterwards but fortunately, seeing Souta coming to terms with his father's death, his future goals and home place completely made up for those first few minutes. Not to mention it was simply beautiful to see him being able to talk to his dad one more time and finally overcome his regret, all thanks to Poko.

Overall, very moving and contemplative anime about careers, family and parenthood. Loved the bond Souta and Poko formed throughout the series and the way how each secondary character was important in one way or another to deepen said bond.

9/10 - Again, it was a wonderful ride with Episode 10 being easily, its highest point.
Sep 12, 2020 6:39 PM

Apr 2008
I actually enjoyed this a lot more than I expected. I liked the supernatural element and I relate a lot to wanting to go live in a big city and not having time for other life priorities. Poco was really cute and it was great seeing him have great relationships with Soutas friends and family. Lots of tears were shed and I think each episode had good pacing. 8/10 for me.
Nov 25, 2020 7:57 AM
Oct 2020
I'm such a sucker for this type of series. I keep on watching them and weeping like a baby. It's too easy.

OK I've got to find more.
Jun 19, 2021 9:06 AM

Nov 2019
Just finished the anime, I think it is pretty good. I just wondering if the anime adapted the manga completely? Is this really the ending? Please tell me if any of you knew.
Jul 14, 2022 11:41 PM

Jul 2019
Right in the feels! The part where he actually spoke to his dad made me tear up. I liked this a lot more than I expected.

My headcanon is that Souta re-opens the restaurant, starts dating (and later marries) Sae and Poko stays with them as some sort of child/guardian spirit thing. Meanwhile Rinko leaves her not-to-be-seen husband and gets together with Shinobu. Everyone is happy, except Gran'ma who won't be getting any tanuki soup any time soon.

9/10
Sep 14, 2023 10:11 AM
Aug 2022
Poco VA didn't make a good job.
Feb 26, 9:30 PM

Mar 2016
Felt like some prequel to the actual series honestly, and they're pretty cool.
Sequel is kinda impossible at this point but i'm glad stumbling on this anime

8/10

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

48 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

48 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

59 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 3:57 AM

Poll: » Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

77 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 14, 2023 3:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.