Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 8, 2019 10:39 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
If put aside obnoxious characters, overly complicated and convoluted storytelling and sanic tempo..

then it was okay Anime.. had it's intrigue.. just the whole pacing and info dumping felt too tedious..

6/10
Jan 20, 2020 6:51 AM

Aug 2018
Much better than the other stories by this author. Still has an MC who’s an annoying whiner though.
Feb 9, 2020 2:14 PM

Sep 2015
Really liked story and characters, but the way anime itself was done is kinda.. There were few cool moments, and mostly everything else was on acceptable level, but im sure this anime could've been done much better.

you've taught me how to breathe again

Jun 15, 2020 5:32 PM

Apr 2020
I really liked this story but the show was so fast paced even the characters speaking/subs were too fast I had to pause and rewind to fully grasp what was going on. I'm glad I waited to binge this otherwise I would've been confused as hell week after week when this was originally airing. It's clear Aveline/Ryotas loved Gamon but what happened to Aveline after all this was over? Did she "die"?

I wish this show was longer than 12 episodes like the rest of the Science Adventure franchise but it wasn't bad for what it was. I only wish that Gamon had returned from the Spirit World to be with his friends. I honestly thought he would since he shot himself with the gun before what appeared to be midnight.

What was with that post-credit scene? Is he in some other universe where he's alive in cryo?
Sep 13, 2020 8:10 PM

Oct 2019
It's kinda.. weird ride. Some characters seems talk pretty fast that I wonder if the VAs bite their tongue while doing the voice cast. 6/10.
andrearionaSep 14, 2020 4:11 AM
Oct 8, 2020 12:07 PM

Mar 2016
The conclusion to a rapidly paced show!

The concept of time travel by stretching and retracting of time as if it was a rubber band is already explored in other sci-fi works before, but the plot really compliments this type of time travel perfectly.
It was a genuinely emotional scene when Gamon shows his willingness to stay behind in the spirit realm to eliminate the New World plan by the Narusawa Conglomerate. Everyone else got to go back to their body when they're about to die. Almost shed a tear when Gamon cried with a smile while everyone complimented him for his contribution to their development as a character. Miyuu's offer to stay with him is so heartwarming! In the end, Gamon turns down that incredible offer for the sake of his friends' lifelong joy.

The fact that Gamon could still shut down the military radio tower AND resurrect himself back alive all at once was absurdly optimistic, yet possible. If only Gamon arrived at the base literally a few seconds earlier, he would've been able to do so and come back home a hero.

However he never did, Gamon died and that's a fact. He could still interact with the living world but due to the Wardenclyffe gun's destruction in the explosion, I doubt he could replenish himself to prolong his life. Gamon will fade and disappear, making him unable to interact with the world of the living, essentially a true death, Just like his friends who're alive in the world of the living as they too would die someday...

Honestly, I like the action heroic last ep, with Gamon's selfless sacrifice for his friends being the event to conclude this short yet unique journey of occultic mystery. An interesting plot with somewhat likeable characters and some of the best OP and ED ever. I have no doubt in my mind that this show would be up there with Steins;Gate if not for the fact that this show only got 12 eps. If it got double that number to 24 eps, wow, I can only imagine how much better everything will be! More time for character development, and especially more time for the plot to be revealed instead of the last 2 eps giving the audience everything away despite it being mysterious for the other 10 eps.

They didn't do justice the best-dressed guy in the show, Sarai. What a shame, he looks like he's posing for the picture as well.
Jul 15, 2021 9:59 PM

Apr 2019
My take on this anime:
The first 1/3 of this series kind of sucked to be honest. the middle 1/3 was good. the last bit was great.
I use and recommend MAL-Sync, a free, open-source tool that tracks progress on a large number of sites, delivers episode notifications, syncs across tracking websites, and adds extra information such as where to read/watch right on the MAL website. I also recommend Tachiyomi, another open-sourced software, which runs on most mobile devices, allows manga reading from a variety of sources, and tracks to various websites using their APIs
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/catt0s&sclick=1]
Jul 30, 2021 8:04 PM
Dec 2017
wish the show was longer.

Oct 24, 2021 12:26 AM
Feb 2021
Great episode. I loved this anime.
Nov 11, 2021 11:57 AM
Aug 2016
I liked the series, but the ending could be better.

I've wouldn't mind the Mc getting sacrificed in the end if thy hadn't rescheduled the xlimax so he could get resurrected. But it does not work, and I have no clue what was missing.

I find it cool that he posts on his blog in the end, but nobody seems to try to make bidirectunqll communication. They could use the radio, or just chat with him. As far as we know he may be the only ghost left. Assuming everyone else needed the towerthingi to stay in the living world. And just he is special.

I thought it was strange to include time travel in the end ro more or less ignore it. Only the dead body vanished. But after they resurrected nothing changed. I mean, the guy who runs the bar is a killer. And they chill there until the antenna explodes over a weeke since they resurrected?

The ghosts also seem to have no problem opening doors etc, why dose the Mc needs to get supercharged to punch someone.

I wished there were more infos about the mangaka, through it would be enough to see more what she is capable of.

I also wished the detective had more screen time. I liked his character.
I also liked how fast some charakters were talking it fits those characters and does make them a little hyper active.

After all this time it does not look like an movie or OVA gets released that gives some missing answers.
Jan 8, 2022 9:34 AM

Sep 2018
This had so much potential. There were so many interesting ideas, a pretty cool plot, some decent characters and music, and even a rather unique style of directing, but it was just too fast-paced. Nothing ever had time to breathe. The voice actors felt like they were trying to speedrun all of their lines to cram in as much plot into as little time as possible, and so many character arcs and plot beats felt so rushed that their conclusions (if they existed) felt wholly unsatisfying. Aria and Kiryuu's whole subplot just kind of happened, the characters figuring out how to travel back in time felt pretty effortless and anticlimatic, Ririka just kind of felt pointless, and the whole anime ended in the blink of an eye. If they had more episodes for everything, I imagine this could have been great though. A shame.

I have to add, though: it wasn't a constant problem, but the cinematography was far too overbearing at some points. Episode 10 was a massive standout in that regard. It felt like there wasn't a single normal, straight-on shot in that episode. Everything was at a weird Dutch angle that made it difficult to focus on what was happening. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like unusual camera angles like that should be used sparingly to emphasise a certain tone. Using it throughout the entire episode made it less interesting and more simply annoying.
OweynLuptonJan 8, 2022 9:40 AM
Oct 7, 2022 11:11 PM
Apr 2012
The only reason I came back to this show was the promise of mystery and the presence of a titty monster (and the fact that it was only 12 episodes). Everyone's saying this would have been a 10/10 story if it had 12 more episodes but there's no way of knowing that for sure. By the time we're 75% in to the story things start to feel like real ass-pulls. All that fast talking has left me with a slight headache.
Nov 21, 2022 3:07 AM
Apr 2016
lokimidgard said:
I liked the series, but the ending could be better.

I've wouldn't mind the Mc getting sacrificed in the end if thy hadn't rescheduled the xlimax so he could get resurrected. But it does not work, and I have no clue what was missing.

The ghosts also seem to have no problem opening doors etc, why dose the Mc needs to get supercharged to punch someone.

I wished there were more infos about the mangaka, through it would be enough to see more what she is capable of.

The ghosts can interact with their own world, they re just not on the same frequency than the livings. To interact with them, they need to be on the same wavelength or interact with such strong electromagnetic waves that it can physically influence livings and the living world. I don t know if i explain it well, this is more or less what is said in the anime. So if a ghost opens a door, the living wouldn t see the door moving, unless the ghost is hypercharged with electromagnetic waves that influence other frequencies.

I believe the MC failed because MMG company cut him off from the living wavelength when they started their "new world" stuff for their emperor, just before the MC arrived at the tower. It was explained just before that the villains scheduled the new world earlier than what Aveline Tesla planned, thus surprising them and the MC arriving too late. But then with the help of his father he may be was able to send energy through the radio to the living wavelength in order to destroy the tower.

I don t have answers for your other remarks... It s bogging me too X) this wasn t supposed to be the ending ot the whole story though, but i don t think anyone is working on it anymore.

Franck_NicolasNov 21, 2022 3:16 AM
Dec 1, 2022 11:18 AM

Mar 2017
I enjoyed this anime all the way up until the end… I’m am very confused! What actually happened to Yuta? I understand he wasn’t revived like the others but he’s still around somewhere?

Also that Cold Sleep room shot? I’m guessed someone found his body and cryogenically froze it? I think I might need to read the novel!
Jan 24, 2023 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
after rewatch this I still don't understand why Ririka able to get out of the situation first before those 4. and without a "gun" too. and she just dissapear like teleported, who the hell is she?
Aug 23, 2023 10:46 AM
Jan 2021
the amount of rush and pacing is appalling
Mar 7, 2:28 AM
Oct 2016
So Gamon is actually still there with everyone but they can't see him? Since his blog is still updated~
May 21, 8:46 AM

Dec 2022
While the core plot itself is was conceptually alright, I wasn't much fond of its delivery or presentation. Conversations happened like the playback speed was set to 1.5x, and this made the fictobabble and occult dialogue hard to follow as a result. That isn't to say a mystery anime can't be framed in a "quirky" or unconventionally stylised way, but it still needs to pace itself; getting invested in the world is much easier when the atmosphere of any one scene is given more time to flourish.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

95 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

171 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

449 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 11:47 AM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.