Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 8, 2017 8:26 PM

Feb 2015
Underwhelmed.

4/10
Jan 8, 2017 8:31 PM
Jul 2018
Thought it would end like the anime. Needless to say both anime and manga were to my liking. Tatsumi ended up as a dragon and surviving is a suprise for me though.
Damn, the prime minister deserve it. Everyone got a piece of him. lol. XD
Jan 8, 2017 9:04 PM
Jul 2012
Nice way to end the series. Hopefully he doesn't start another manga anytime soon.
Jan 8, 2017 9:15 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Was sad to know that Leone still dies but nonetheless am glad that Tatsumi and a couple other survived in the end. Also I was happy at the fact Mine and Tatsumi had a child.

I'll be looking forward to the mangaka's next work.
Jan 8, 2017 9:27 PM

Apr 2013
Kurome x Wave survived.

That's all I need to know.

And poor Akame, all alone..

I wish Chelsea was alive and ended up with Tatsumi... (fuck Mine man)
Jan 8, 2017 9:58 PM

Nov 2012
So... Mine had CHILDREN with Tatsumi... that is, dragon Tatsumi!!
Rule 34/10

Ok, joke aside, the ending was better than the anime, not by much, but still considerably.
Leone still died but after partying (coz priorities), at least her badassery got redeemed in this version. Prime Minister's death was one of the highlights, really well deserved execution. Kurome and Wave survive and end up together :D Akame meets again with Kurome, that was truly heartwarming. Suzuka x Esdeath's hand was hilarious X'D
Najenda ended up alone but adopted a child... ok? That was kinda random (I understand her ending up alone but adopting a child surely came out of left field, unless it was foreshadowed at some point and I don't remember). If she didn't want to be alone she could've gone with Akame... Mine's suddenly waking up from the coma when dragon Tatsumi talks to her felt forced to say the least but it's the last chapter so I don't really mind it (I was expecting some sad twist though).
Overall a good series with interesting ideas, too bad it started to fall apart after the mid-point. The bad guys in the wild hunt arc were just way over the top evil, the morality play just got ruined (and the jaegers were already kind of over the top). I liked that although the ending was mostly happy, the war took some toll on all of night raid's surviving members (even if some scars don't seem like much of an issue).
4/5 last chapter
8/10 overall
kchorrex2012Jan 8, 2017 10:02 PM
Jan 8, 2017 10:45 PM

Mar 2014
Judging from the penultimate chapter, I was expecting the ending to be worse than the anime. However, the way they handled the plot-points and the manga's overall conclusion, this was better. Solid ending.

7/10
Jan 8, 2017 11:04 PM

Jul 2014
So Mine and Tatsumi still ended up? worst pair in this series survived, meh.
Well at least Kurome and Wave had a happy ending, that alone is good news.
Akame continues to be alone.... thats sad, she fights alone now.... man I wish she coulda found someone that can pull her out of the battle field, girl deserves it.

Also how the fuck did Tatsumi Dragon and Mai have kids? a dragon d*ck inside a loli p*ssy? thats something I gotta see to believe.
Jan 8, 2017 11:33 PM

Feb 2012
Would have been nice if Tatsumi and Mine joined Akame on her adventure. There was no displaying of Tatsumi returning to a humanoid form. I was really hoping for a fused with teigu harem but at least they are happy I guess. I did think that they had dragon intercourse at first however it was mentioned in this chapter that they had already done it before Tatsumi fused with his teigu, rather Mine's motivation was to have him forget about Esdeath.
gigantaJan 8, 2017 11:39 PM
Jan 8, 2017 11:35 PM
Apr 2014
Hmm, the ending is much better than I expected.
Jan 8, 2017 11:42 PM

May 2015
Words can even begin to express how satisfied I am about that bastard (Honest) getting what he deserves… I’m glad author did what many people have been thinking/asking the most horrible death we all could have imagined…

As if Leone could get any more hotter… but damn she did die at the end. Rest in peace Big-sis.

Susuka… What da’ F*ck! Lol!

It's kind of sad for the people in Tatsumi's village, they don't realize Ieyasu, and Sayo won’t be coming back. But damn... good to see Tatsumi and Mine live happily ever after (Tatsumi surviving but staying as a dragon was bittersweet but at least he is going to be a father)…

Wave have an organ that doesn’t work I hope it isn’t what I’m thinking the guy needs his happy ending too…

Damn Kurome talk about paying the consequences… so sad!

Akame is all alone, man that is very sad even for a lone wolf like her… T^T

Pretty satisfying ending, even though some of the details were already seen in the anime. I like how they kept the grim realism until the end, it’s been a long ride and there were great characters in here. Not all of them survived though. bittersweet but as Najenda said: this is an end that I can get behind.
Jan 9, 2017 12:35 AM

Jul 2013
It was a nice ending (better than the anime's one), but the series was meh overall. It could have been much better.

So glad Suzuka survived, she was too good to have a bullshit death at the end.

-Stray said:
Also how the fuck did Tatsumi Dragon and Mai have kids? a dragon d*ck inside a loli p*ssy? thats something I gotta see to believe.
They had sex before Tatsumi became a dragon, just before the battle against Esdeath and Budo.

hoopla123 said:
Kurome x Wave survived.
Pretty much this.
Jan 9, 2017 12:49 AM
Jan 2013
Start of the chapter was hack n slash and come on... Leone's beast form is more than awesome. Really sad she died though.. kind of liked here the most.

Well.. the part part with Mein and Tatsumi made me laugh.
Besides guys.. MS translated the last panel with 'They had children..' which means they had dragon x human.. as they only got one child before.. Though that might be lost in translation stuff and they only had one child. (p 37 ms)

Also on page 49 can be seen a boy who is playing with a ball.. I am pretty sure this not random and is actually mine/tatsumi's son. Through the pages before we can clearly see that time has passed though we don't know how much. And he looks like a younger Tatsumi. Soo.. any other thoughts on this?

Anyway.. the ending part with Akame was well done and I really liked it. It's not too open end.. but still. It's sad but understandable. So... yea 4.5/5

Well done authors.
Jan 9, 2017 12:56 AM
Aug 2016
Loved tatsumi and mine ending(that too with a child of their own 😆🙌😇🙌),liked wave and kurome ending too.Very satisfied with the death of pm(he deserved even worst,but oh well anyway),and very sad with akame being all alone,tears my heart,but overall liked the manga.
Jan 9, 2017 12:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Honestly the last year or so for Akame ga Kill has been very shaky and I've been rather disappointed with it. However, this finale at least was still quite good

I liked seeing Tatsumi and Mine reunite at the end, even if one is a dragon and the other is a cripple. I'm curious what their supposed child looked like lol

Overall, a pretty inconsistent manga but it definitely had its moments

7/10
Jan 9, 2017 1:05 AM

May 2012
Not sure whether to give a 6 or 7.

Leone's death, man... Bestest big sister/best friend anyone can ask for T_T She died in pretty much the same way as the anime

Dear god... Tatsumi and Mine having children? How does that even work? Is Mine even still alive LOL?

Well, I'm actually a little bit disappointed in the end, but I suppose Akame's choice makes sense as a sort of way to repent for everything she's done. Sad to see there'll never be an end for her.
OlemJan 9, 2017 1:10 AM

Jan 9, 2017 1:15 AM
Apr 2015
When Leone was alive, I was YAAASSS, when she died again, I was NOOO. At least she went out happy rip.
Tatsumi and Mine children, anime logic solves all that.
Jan 9, 2017 1:30 AM

Oct 2014
Leone's needless death, lol.
And altough Mine had the child before he became a dragon, they apparently had more then one, so either he was cured, or... <.<

Atleast they lived

7/10
Jan 9, 2017 1:39 AM

Sep 2009
Wow, this is a surprisingly good ending chapter for a pretty average action manga. Not too melodramatic, and not too happy either. I particularly love the Prime Minister's punishment. Very satisfying.
Jan 9, 2017 1:49 AM

Sep 2013
Olem said:

Dear god... Tatsumi and Mine having children? How does that even work? Is Mine even still alive LOL?

Well, I'm actually a little bit disappointed in the end, but I suppose Akame's choice makes sense as a sort of way to repent for everything she's done. Sad to see there'll never be an end for her.

Well apparently they banged before he became a dragon, so all good. That said... plural makes it... fishy.... There are no stops on the train of love I guess.

Sad how Akame decides to go off all by herself. Could have just dragged Kurome, Wave, Tatsumi and Mine along on her merry adventures to the east. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Makes me think that originally they were all planned to die, but the author opted out of it due to bad reception of deaths from the anime...
Jan 9, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2008
Junchi said:
Final score? Somewhere between 5 and 6.

6/10 is my final score (me and my good heart), and that bittersweet ending is still pretty noteworthy.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Jan 9, 2017 2:01 AM

Sep 2013
Good song for the ending

It was a nice ending. Tatsumi and Mine had "children", does that mean Mine had a twin/triplet pregnancy before Tatsumi went dragon? or...... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (narration makes it sound like they had more kids, which means Mine had sex with a dragon haha)

Prime Minister death was pretty dramatic lol.

8/10 for me
eunoia33Jan 9, 2017 2:26 AM

Jan 9, 2017 2:10 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was pretty long and enjoyable ride, obviously it had its down times throughout the series. The ending feels similar to anime version with some changes. But if anime ending was more like a bad ending this clearly should be/is the good one even if a lot of stuff is forced.
Leone looked pretty badass (those beast eyes looked like Tatsumi's) and finally she kicked("punched") that PM's ass. And yet again in the end we're watching how she dies :(
Miraculously with the power of love Mine recovered and they lived together with dragon Tatsumi, didn't expect them to have some private time in the night and Akame peeking, heh =/ Interesting if that was their child on couple of panels in the end.
Don't have much to say about Kurome and Wave, was not much of a fan of them and i thought that previous chapters were giving some deathflags for one/both of them, but just glad they survived.
Again Akame ended up fighting for their peaceful lives, thank you Akame! And the panels with full Night Raid members, it was the Akame Ga Feels chapter!
Jan 9, 2017 2:33 AM

Sep 2014
Goddammit, Leone looked so awesome with that transformation and she dies again T_T Guess the author was hell-bent on killing herI demand furry Leone doujins!

PM deserved what he got after all the bullshit he did.
Suzuka x Esdeath OTP lmao

Really happy for Mine and Tats and dem she's really tough if they still had babies after that :D Surprised to see Mine was already being pregnant :O, so they did it back then after all hehe.

Akame still ends up alone...damn girl really needs to chill a bit. Should've just stayed with Kurome like that >_<

I'm going to miss this series..9/10
Jan 9, 2017 2:38 AM
Feb 2016
Like 5 or 6 chapters ago, people laughed at me cause I was still hoping for a good ending for tatsumi and mine. I am so happy :):) That was a one satisfying ending ladies and gentlemen. Didnt get one for a long time.
Jan 9, 2017 4:06 AM

Mar 2014
hoopla123 said:

Duuude, why'd you have to bring up Best Girl T__T

And like everyone's better than Mine.
Jan 9, 2017 5:23 AM

May 2015
So tatsumi bang Mine. Good for you. :DDDD

Leone death always hurt me (in anime too).

Take that Prime minister.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 9, 2017 5:24 AM

Dec 2009
I am kinda sad that Tatsumi stayed a dragon, better than dying but still fucked up.
yuno6.jpg
Jan 9, 2017 5:27 AM
Aug 2009
Illyricus said:

-Stray said:
They had sex before Tatsumi became a dragon, just before the battle against Esdeath and Budo.

But the narrator talks about "children" (not "child"), so they had sex afterwards as well O_o.

Ending was satisfying, although the story could have been better overall. Wish Lubbock would have survived though. I know the whole "everyone can die" feeling was intended, but he got sliced in half by some random dude who Akame beat in like two panels.

Great manga overall, though. Glad I watched. The characters deserved that happiness at the end.
DoubtGinJan 9, 2017 5:57 AM
Jan 9, 2017 5:47 AM
Sep 2016
Well, the final chapter is translated...

When i first picked up this series, i had no expections at all on how it would be good or not... and it ended up as one of my favorite despite its obvious flaws.

As the final chapter, i think it was a good way to end up things. atleast there is no more loose threads.

Dat PM death was brutal, but like everyone else says, not enought

-GOD DAMN IT LEONE! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE!

-Tatsumi x Mine... I like the shipping glad she got out of the Coma!

-Suzuka goes full Kira Yoshikage and just wants to live a peacefull live

-poor Akame left alone....

-Wave and Kurome, better then what i was excpecting.

over all 4/5 for this chapter

7/10 for the series as a whole
Jan 9, 2017 6:24 AM

Oct 2013
So why does MAL say there are 80 chapters despite chapter 78 being the last one?
Jan 9, 2017 7:00 AM

Jul 2013
DoubtGin said:
Illyricus said:

But the narrator talks about "children" (not "child"), so they had sex afterwards as well O_o.
Oh, you are right... Oh my God... Maybe they had twins?
Jan 9, 2017 8:11 AM

Nov 2016
i thought at least kurome and wave would of joined akame

but is how this ended better than bleach ending?
Jan 9, 2017 10:32 AM

Jul 2013
Btw, guys I have finally found the reasons why Mine and Tatsumi had those babies while Tatsumi being in dragon form:

WARNING: NSFW
Jan 9, 2017 10:58 AM

May 2014
Nice ending. Satisfactory in my opinion. Much more than the anime at least.
I would've preferred if Tatsumi died with the dragon but after hearing he and Mine had children, I couldn't say anything Q_Q
Unfortunately Leone died. It would've been nice if Tatsumi wasn't the only one fused with his teigu. She died a honorable death. Such a lovable character.
Such a great story managed to get stuck in my mind and heart despite its flaws. Love it.

JRads47 said:
How do Tatsumi and Mine pull a reverse Shrek 2? Did they adopt a kid or something?

It was their natural child. They've done it before Tatsumi became a dragon. I didn't pay much attention to the time between events but Mine was either pregnant in that scene where she comes to her senses either she gave birth before the scene while being in that poor state.

V0ltg said:
So why does MAL say there are 80 chapters despite chapter 78 being the last one?

There are 2 special chapter. The one with the 3 girls that come to the capital for a better life... and Tatsumi's dream about his deceased comrades.
Jan 9, 2017 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
It's over. Satisfying ending.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 9, 2017 12:49 PM

Sep 2016
After reading comments here I guess I wont read manga after all. It didn't end as I hoped to :/. Also I'm too lazy :P
Jan 9, 2017 1:23 PM

Jul 2014
Anyone know what chapter Akame was reminiscing about when she was aboard the ship?
Jan 9, 2017 1:27 PM

Apr 2014
And after the many years, it finally end.
I like how they executed the Prime Minister, glad they torture him like that.
Tatsumi and Mine...having children...HOW?! A dragon and a small human...
Overall, this is a great ending to a great series.
9/10 (P.S. The anime suck so bad toward the last 4 episode which I have to down my rating from 9 to a 6).
Jan 9, 2017 1:33 PM
Nov 2011
Well, the last chapters were full of asspulls, but at least it ended in a happier note than the anime.

The fat PM got what he deserved, this time was a lot more brutal though.

Masochistic girl found her eternal happiness (and pleasure) in the hand of a sadistic one. Perfect combo lol

So happy for Mine and Tatsumi getting a somewhat happy ending with children included :)

Leone's death was avoidable, but it was her choice to die alone at the end...

Akame forever alone, again. At least this time her beloved sister is alive and getting better each day with help from her husbando.

Hope we get an extra chapter about Dragon Tatsumi and Mine as a married couple with their cute children.

At the end of everything, AKG was just a guilty pleasure for me and i'm glad it had a conclusive ending unlike other manga that either get axed or have an open ending.
Jan 9, 2017 1:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I always find hard to believe when a manga I've reading for many years ends. I started reading this sucker waaay before the anime was even planned ( when Esdeath was still Esdese, lol) and now it's kind of strange to see it end.

There was ups and downs and specially towards the end it faltered a tad. But st least all the characters got resolutions to their stories and the prime minister got what he had coming. I wish Tatsumi had had a different ending though. Kill him or let him live a normal life as a human.

One thing I did not enjoy in this manga was the discussions here once the shippers started taking over and highjacking entire threads just because their ship sank. That irked me to no end. It's really not that kind of a manga.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 9, 2017 2:00 PM

Aug 2008
Well, 4 people survived from Night Raid, from a group of 10 members. And the survivors got messed up too lol

Even Waive and Kurome survived too, though Waive also got damaged for life, while Kurome, besides getting her lifespan shortened, also got some PTSD. At least they lived eh

You know, Tatsumi didn't have it so bad. Sure, he can't live as a human anymore, but being a dragon is pretty badass. At least, Mine is well enough to be able to stand up and walk, and even bear his children, so all's good with that.
And Honest's "Death by a Thousand Cuts" style of execution is pretty spot on. Dude had it coming with all that karma.

And, as expected, Akame is also in the group of survivors. I imagine she worked for a few years as a secret assassin, and when stuff started to calm down more, left on her adventure.

Anyway, decent ending, and, though similar, far better than the anime's. But yeah, Tetsuya's art improved throughout the series. It'd be really promising if he partners up with Takahiro again. Who knows.
Jan 9, 2017 2:45 PM

Jul 2013
And, well, I read the last chapter already.

Leone and the fatass both died. Oh well, I didn't cared for them (the Prime Minister was a great comic relief but just that) anyway. Honest's dead was fucking gruesome, even though I expected that kind of ending for him. The rebels were not better than him at that moment.

Mine recovering from her coma of just the power of love was a huge asspull, but I kinda expected that, so nothing to comment here, really. Did Tatsumi really banged her as a dragon? (since the narrator says they had children, implying they had more after having the first one). Mine revealed pregnant of all sudden seems also like an asspull.

My girl Suzuka ended up alive and well! Soooo happy for her. And she goes full Yoshikage Kira mode with Esdeath's hand... Yay! Best OTP of the entire manga, just rivalled by Kurome x Wave.

Emperor dies like in the anime (kinda expected), and Wave and Kurome survived too, even if they didn't ended 100% well. Better than nothing, however.

And everything ends happy and well... except for Akame, who travels to the East to find a cure for his curse. Well, she could have end worse, at least she has her sister and more friends alive (especially considering how she ended in the anime).

And so it ends. Oh, well, this series seemed interesting at first (it was one of the few ones who made me invested in their manga, and that rarely happens), but I lost all the interest in it the last months. Too much characters deaths, some of them unnecessary, too much unnecessary gore (coughWildHuntcough, coughchapter23.5cough), the plot could have been executed in a better way, some characters were wasted and the series had a lot of plotholes and asspulls, especially towards these latest chapters.
However, it was entertaining, had enjoyable and well-drwan fights, the artsyle was very good and it has a decent ending (who is rare, considering how inconsistent the series was). I give it a 6/10, because even if it was mediocre overall, at least made me enjoy it a bit before it's ending.
Jan 9, 2017 3:10 PM
Jan 2017
AllenVonStein said:

Ot: so it's finally ended , I guess we can all agree this ending was better than anime

Not all really. The manga ending made the anime ending looked good for me. At least Tatsumi in the anime wasn't too involved with Mine unlike the contrived relationship in the manga. Based upon on the final chapters, the author didn't seem to like Esdeath at all, and it definitely showed.

Eh, Mine fags got what they want in the end anyways. I'll give this manga overall a 4/10. A mediocre and typical sappy ending. It was fun reading at first, but then it just faltered somewhere in the middle. If anything, I won't be reading much of Takahiro's writing. Too much asspulls and trolling. The demise of the PM Honest was great. And Wave x Kurome are still together alive which is good.

Although I wish Takahiro would have gone a different route for both Tatsumi and Esdeath instead of your typical cliché sappy ending which has been done soo many times before. Yeah, I'm a Esdeath fag and a diehard Tats x Esdeath shipper. Deal with it.

Time for me to head over to fanfic for some consolation.
Jan 9, 2017 3:33 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
At least it was nice ending, but that bout esdeath hand was weird, still a pity she had to die.
And Akame forever alone while Tatsumi fucks Mine... no more since with his new "capabilities" she wouldnt be able to handle it.
Kazumi got a nice ending, sucks Leone had to die, and I hope Akame finds the cure for her curse.

ziggy_Z said:
hoopla123 said:

Duuude, why'd you have to bring up Best Girl T__T

And like everyone's better than Mine.

She was a great girl, not best girl, but more than her, bring Budo back then.

To end, was nice to see the Prime Minister getting what he deserved, but I think the Emperor did not deserve such fate, he wanted the best for its people and was manipulated by the fat bitch.

Despite being in favor of Akame x Tatsumi, this was a nice scene.
PlaycoolJan 9, 2017 3:40 PM
Jan 9, 2017 4:27 PM

Jun 2015
Roy_Focker said:

Wave have an organ that doesn’t work I hope it isn’t what I’m thinking the guy needs his happy ending too…

I was thinking the same...Wave and Kurome deserve a full happy end :(

anyway, good end, I also love that Najenda didn't forget Lubbock
Jan 9, 2017 4:39 PM

Jul 2014
100x better ending than the anime ending. pretty entertaining series throughout.
Jan 9, 2017 5:48 PM

Nov 2015

So, this is over. Overall it is way better than the anime. It seems the anime overcringed it, for some reason. Also, the fanservice. But I'm not here to complain of the anime so...

Akame (is hot) got a similar edgelord open ending as in the anime, but here it was further explained.
Lots of stories about what the characters did with their lives. I'm glad that Wave and Kurome got their happy ending.

What really was a surprise was... Mine... being....pre-pr-...really?? SHE WAS PREGNANT!? I think this was put out of nowhere just to accomplish something now that Tatsumi is a dragon...oh god... xD He's a dragon now wtf. And why did Mine fell into coma in the first place!?

Anyway, Leone got a similar ending to the one in the anime. A shame. But it is true that the manga version got more development, she felt happier, got a better revenge, and died in a slightly better way, I mean, at least she had one last moment of fun before departing.

It seems like the anime was a beta testing for the finale of the manga. Akame needs to chill but her levels of edge are too high to include a romantic interest. The poor bastard could die just for the plot.
HumbertoZeroJan 9, 2017 6:20 PM
Jan 9, 2017 7:40 PM

Oct 2011
Although Akame Ga Kill just wasn't the same anymore after the anime was done, as if Takahiro got more light hearted and rushing the story a lot more than it needed to be, overall I liked the ending.

Overall, the entire ending was kind of weird with some things just being out of the window like that, unless I lost my interest so much in AgK in the last years that I don't remember a lot of those things being foreshadowed like, Mine getting pregnant, Najenda adopting a child and the other thing that I kind of disliked it was Mine getting healed out of nowhere, so it was kind of weird.But Akame ending was what made this closure for me, her choosing to keep fighting and more importantly, alone, was perfect.

I just don't see Akame in the same way we can look at Tatsumi and Mine, she is that kind of serious person who you would find it really weird to see romantic scenes with, even if she has those moments of tear, she's more of an warrior/assassin, and that is why I find this ending perfect, even though it's sad that she's alone, she remained in character, a true Lone Wolf.

Oh, and let's not forget to appreciate that double cover with one being Night Raid and the other being the Jaegers.

I also really really REALLY like both Akame and Esdeath faces in those covers and needless to say those two characters were what kept me from dropping this series, I truly believe I kind of felt in love with not only their personality but more importantly their art overall, props to Tetsuya Tashiro in improving so much from his early days in the series, here's to hoping to find other characters where I will like them just as much as I liked both Akame and Esdeath.
Jan 9, 2017 9:28 PM
Jan 2015
I don't think that the ending of a good series is actually great, at all.

Sure we see big fat bloated PM get his butt tortured in more ways than one (even if he deserves it plus more) but it's sad to see Leone gone for good. She should have been with Tatsumi. 😢 (well Chelsea should, I mean, but you get the idea.) We see the emperor facing execution with dignity unlike big bloated PM.

We see Tatsumi gone to see Mine waking up from her coma state seeing him stuck in dragon mode. There was a flashback of Mine and Tatsumi having (you know what) to make Mine pregnant. Even Akame sneak a good peak. But it's crazy to have a character, stuck in dragon mode, with a tsundere as his wife. But you know Takahiro. Always a fan of lolis.

We see Tatsumi's villagers have more money hopefully they have their 3 heroes to come back to welcome a good feast. But we know what happened.

And we got mr reckless wingboy himself having 3 years of recovery. But he said he had a organ that's way beyond repairing. That's the price he should pay for being both reckless and using two teigu at the same time. Yes, I'm talking about fish boy Wave. Maybe it's his manhood that is beyond repairing. And finally, we see the weakest character who has poor development of all, Kurome, having nightmares every single night, crying and scared. Well at least we got something to look forward to. Maybe her shadows of the people she killed in the past and her "bad dreams" can do more damage to her mental health. Maybe her psychological and physical health as well. If you asked me, she looks like she dying in her own deathbed with Akame looking at her younger sister dying.

We even see Shuzuka with Esdeath's hand and disappear. Talk about a handful ship.

And we see Akame and Najenda gone their separate ways and even with Lubbock's goggles, she remains single, with a adopted child.

The empire is finally free from years of pain, suffering, strife and death. Akame still hunt down criminals who escaped and finished them off, for good. The revolution helped rebuilding the empire. The remains of Esdeath's forces are hunted down to the last soldiers, finishing them off, making sure the new empire won't suffered ever again.

We see Akame riding on a boat alone, willing to survived and continue to hunt down enemies. Looking back at her former home, thinking about her friends of the past. Maybe thinking her sister who still at death's door.

And the story ends with Akame sailing away with a teigu book...in order to survived a continued hunt. To bury. To eliminate.

Hate to say this but it's not good at all. We know the author gave way bad character development to the characters who survived the last battle. Especially Tatsumi stuck in his dragon mode. Bet everyone thinks that Mine will have half dragon half human kids.
And we see Kurome surviving and we know it leaves a very sickening sour note ending the good series, with her survived. We know what her character development looks like, but hey, her nightmares and haunted shadows will take her out.

I rate this ending 1/10.
VJ87GJan 13, 2017 10:57 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.