Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 26, 2017 1:15 AM

Dec 2013
VJ87G said:
Now I know why the manga is losing popularity. And it shows.

Not sure if you've heard about this yet but this manga ended months ago.
Aug 28, 2017 3:29 PM
Jan 2015
G_Spark233 said:
VJ87G said:
Now I know why the manga is losing popularity. And it shows.

I mean the sales of the manga series.
Aug 28, 2017 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
VJ87G said:
G_Spark233 said:

Final volume went on sale months ago. You're hilariously slow.
Aug 29, 2017 7:18 AM
Jan 2015
G_Spark233 said:
VJ87G said:

I meant, nobody likes the manga, at all. I know I surely don't. Besides, it losing popularity, anyway.
Aug 29, 2017 7:27 AM

Dec 2013
VJ87G said:
G_Spark233 said:

I meant, nobody likes the manga, at all. I know I surely don't. Besides, it losing popularity, anyway.

Just because you don't like something doesn't necessarily mean everyone else doesn't like it. Your opinion isn't as all mighty as you seem to believe.

I think you've already forgotten again that this manga finished a while ago.
Sep 1, 2017 10:51 PM
Jan 2015
Guess people don't buy the manga series after all.
Sep 2, 2017 9:18 PM

Dec 2013
VJ87G said:
Guess people don't buy the manga series after all.

Nope. No manga ever gets sold. Manga sales are a myth.
Sep 3, 2017 3:00 PM
Jan 2015
The popularity of the manga series are as worse as Nisekoi's manga series. The ratings of them are down, also cause of the endings.
Sep 3, 2017 9:34 PM

Dec 2013
VJ87G said:
The popularity of the manga series are as worse as Nisekoi's manga series. The ratings of them are down, also cause of the endings.

That's a random comparison.
Sep 6, 2017 1:38 AM

Mar 2014
Leone's death was too sad T_T It was nice that she chose the way she wanted to die but it was heartbreaking to see her depart after saying that to Akame.

Dragon Tatsumi and Mine stayed together, and so did Wave and Kurome.

The PM had the ending he deserved. I was quite surprised by how gruesome it was but that was nice to see lol.

Akame remaining an assassin and having a solitary life...that was really sad to see. I feel like that was a bittersweet ending. We were reminded of the members of the Night Raid, Akame's comrades and her thinking about them and crying...in the end Night Raid's reputation vanished in the sands of time. Bittersweet. 8/10 for me, I really enjoyed this manga though I must say there were some asspull moments after exploiting emotional scenes here and there.
DanaeSep 6, 2017 1:41 AM
Sep 19, 2017 10:38 AM
Jan 2015
I know I like to have a talk with the author of the series and ask him a few questions also.
Sep 19, 2017 10:58 AM
Jan 2015
Radeck513 said:
Man fuck Mine. How is it that the worst character gets the best ending in the series? I guess that's the luxury of being the writers pet. Other than that it was a nice if not bittersweet ending that annoying ass loli should of died.

By the way, I totally agreed with you.
Sep 21, 2017 3:10 PM
Jan 2015
Kurome is in a catatonic state, and it is deadly. Having nightmares every night, seeing shadows and phantoms of the people she killed. Yep, she's gonna die from it.
Oct 4, 2017 4:04 PM

Jul 2012
Seems the manga took more time/detail to end the final arc of Akame Ga kill!

The manga still feels femiliar with a lot things compared to the anime, yes it is better and not rushed like the tatsumi in the anime. But in the end they seem semilar. I prefer the manga ending.

At least I'm happy to see some similar things with the manga and the anime at both ends, seems the manga creator stil had some say at the end of the anime. This does not always happen (and from anime feedback could make the ending better) :)

Anyway I enjoyed the ride, thank you for this great manga experience ^^
dragovaOct 4, 2017 4:07 PM
Oct 19, 2017 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
Fun marathon! I haven't seen the anime since it aired and I even dropped it at the time, so after having read the manga it's really redeemed it for me. Feels for Leone at the end, she really was awesome taking out the minister but that ending got me for the best girl, albeit she went down with a smile.

Glad Akame and Kurome had that moment.

Lastly Tatsumi reuniting with Maine, which I had been anticipating with his new form and I'm glad they're living happily. The series switched most of its focus on Akame now.

Overall the series wrapped up well after eradicating the inhumane, brutal empire and the minister got a good taste of it!

Oct 20, 2017 11:19 AM
Jan 2015
just read the last chapter after i found that manga ending is different .
Loved the ending . I wanted tatsumi with akame though :(
Oct 25, 2017 7:26 AM
Oct 2017
Man what a great experience. I'll never forget the wonderful memories that I experienced while reading this manga. The members of the night raid will always live on in my heart. The manga may be over and will likely never get a proper sequel, but it will always be here for us to read for years and years to come.

-"There is no real ending, it's just the place where the story stops"
Oct 30, 2017 9:33 PM
Jan 2015
I still the manga is totally needs to be re-written, on account of there are many questions that Takahiro should answered.
Nov 4, 2017 10:34 PM

Mar 2014
VJ87G said:
I still the manga is totally needs to be re-written, on account of there are many questions that Takahiro should answered.
If there are unanswered questions, wouldn't that just need a sequel manga rather than a complete rewrite?
Nov 9, 2017 4:45 PM
Jan 2015
ziggy_Z said:
VJ87G said:
If there are unanswered questions, wouldn't that just need a sequel manga rather than a complete rewrite?

I mean the manga story needs to be re-written cause it ended in a extremely sour note sort of way.

There are certain characters that deserve to be living in the series, as of right now.
Nov 9, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
VJ87G said:
ziggy_Z said:

I mean the manga story needs to be re-written cause it ended in a extremely sour note sort of way.

There are certain characters that deserve to be living in the series, as of right now.

That’s some terrible logic LOL

It wasn’t extremely sour. It was actually a pretty happy ending.
Nov 14, 2017 8:21 AM
Jan 2015
G_Spark233 said:
VJ87G said:

I totally beg to differ, in so many ways. And others who don't like the manga ending/manga story feels the same way.
Nov 14, 2017 8:31 PM

Dec 2013
VJ87G said:
G_Spark233 said:

I totally beg to differ, in so many ways. And others who don't like the manga ending/manga story feels the same way.

Believe it or not but not everyone thinks the same way you do.
Nov 28, 2017 8:33 PM
Jan 2015
G_Spark233 said:
VJ87G said:

Believe it or not but not everyone thinks the same way you do.

As if anything you say is true enough, already. Which is not.
Dec 29, 2017 6:24 PM

Aug 2014
I saw raw spin off cameout.
Seems like a dumped OVA of anime including some epilogue for the last chapter though no appearance of the kid.
Jan 9, 2018 7:26 AM
Apr 2017
Chapter 78.5 Released couple of days ago. Continuation from the last. Man I glad I read it cause shows the progress of the couples (Tatsumi x Mine and Kurome x Wave). They are really living a happy life and I am also happy for them. The story also showed Akame in the sequel of the series. Already up to speed with the new series (Hinowa Ga Crush).
Jan 27, 2018 9:39 AM

Feb 2014
Ok so I read the rest of Akame last night and I’m glad I finished it. I actually stopped reading at chapter 60 like two years ago, so it’s good to come back to it after all this time. It’s definitely not one of the best I’ve read, I’d give it an 8/10, but I still really loved the series and would consider it one of my favs. When I first started reading this is 2014, I was bit less experienced to anime/manga so I was really passionate about this series and it really hooked me, I thought it was one of the best series I had read/watch.... but as time went on and I continued to read/watch more shows, I have to say that a lot has changed since when I first read it. I’ve experience series that where a lot better than Akame and my mind has opened up a lot more since 2014. Actually when I reached chapter 60 two years ago I was kind of burnt out from the series and just put it on the back burner indefinitely. But I’m glad last night I mustered up the motivation and finished. Even after all this time I still keep this series close to my heart, even though I know it’s not the greatest I’ve experienced. Something about Akame ga Kill kind of just hooked me and I’m glad I got to read it. Also the manga had a much better ending than the anime.

It’s a really peculiar series and it certainly isn’t afraid of controversial topics and depicting extreme violence. The only problem is that it had a hard time developing its good characters because they’d die off some quickly! This manga is speedy, especially in the second off. There’s not a bunch of time dedicated to exhibition and developing the world. It’s essentially goes from one big struggle to the next with not a lot of stuff in between. But that’s also one of the main draws of the series, it doesn’t really bother with the nitty gritty stuff and gets right to the point. The main crew that ends up surviving is an interesting bunch, Tatsumi/Akame made for great MCs, and seeing how they all develop is good. I also loved that the series doesn’t shy away from romance at all, there’s a lot of good pairings on the hero and villain side. Also the battles where all fucking awesome and things are over the top but that’s one of its strengths. The plot had a lot of potential, and it hit some really good high notes but a lot of stuff just wasn’t properly explored and was pushed to the side.

Overall the ride is addicting and fun, and it really knows how to play with your emotions haha. It has a lot of flaws, but it took a lot of risks and it just has a very different tone and direction than a lot of other shounens at there. It’s not one of the best, but I think it’s a good series for what it is and it doesn’t try to hide away from the fact.
Feb 2, 2018 11:45 PM
Oct 2010
The epilogue chapter (78.5) was surprisingly good.
Nov 16, 2018 5:17 AM

Aug 2016
I read this manga mainly because I found the anime to be underwhelming, it definitely had a lot of potential, but outside of the great action scenes thanks to the varied types of fighting styles of the Teigu users, the series never really delivered on being the "mature" shounen handling themes such as corruption, death, grey morality and stuff it aimed to be. So, people kept telling me to read the Akame ga Kill manga because that's soooo much better than the anime, and I decided to give it a shot then, in the end the manga was... Okay, I guess. I can say it's definitely better than the anime, but it also shares a lot of its flaws since half of the story was faithfully adapted by the anime, which means I had to deal with underdeveloped characters dying right after they receive a little bit of development, terrible villains who are cartoonishly evil and take a huge dump on the whole "grey morality" thing, and some very predictable story arcs.

Much like the anime, the manga started to improve once the Jaegers got introduced because their role in the story is the closest Akame ga Kill ever gets to being "morally grey" since characters like Bols, Wave, Kurome and Run aren't generic bad guys, they all have their motivations to work for the Empire and the manga does a decent job at giving them a bit of depth. I mean, even among the Jaegers there are some shitty villains, but I feel the characters I mentioned are likeable enough, moreso than the main characters from Night Raid, and the manga definitely helped me with liking Wave and Kurome, the anime didn't really do much with either of these two, so they just felt like the "player 2" characters for Tatsumi and Akame specifically, Kurome even dies in the anime without much of her story arc being explored, so I'm happy that the manga decided to put a bit of a halt to the whole "killing characters that were barely developed for the sake of killing" business and started to flesh them out, which I appreciate. Hell, I wish the Night Raid characters got the same treatment Wave, Kurome and Akame did with fully realized story arcs, so I can care about them in the first place before the series decides they should get killed, but they still feel underdeveloped for the most part.

As for the rest, Wild Hunt sucks, just another group of generic evil guys, I absolutely HATED the fact that Bols' wife and child were raped and killed by that stupid lolicon clown just for the sake of shock value, Esdeath is also a shitty Villain Sue much like her anime counterpart, Honest is still just a creepy evil old man who's evil because why not, the Emperor is bland as hell... Whatever, as I said, the main villains are shit. However, the last battle was exciting to read through, the action scenes were well-made and the ending was pretty nice, all things considered. I still think the manga could have been MUCH better, but unlike the anime, I was actually somewhat invested in the story and genuinely cared about some of the characters, so I was able to enjoy the ride despite its flaws.

6/10 would be an appropriate score.

If you want a TL;DR version of what I said, I think this screencap from the manga itself sums up Akame ga Kill quite well:

-RyuNov 16, 2018 5:21 AM
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Jul 20, 2019 9:40 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread cleaned.

Please keep the discussion on-topic and civil.

This is a thread about chapter 78 and should be discussing chapter 78. Constantly coming here and saying how bad the entire manga is, is not discussing this chapter. If you want to talk about the manga as a whole please make a new topic (that starts a civil discussion, otherwise it has to be closed), use the blog feature, or write a review.
Oct 13, 2019 4:36 AM

Dec 2007
I loved how Tatsumi and Mine ended up together xD

Jun 29, 2021 10:29 PM
Jan 2021
Damn so my boi Tatsumi turned Into a dragon :( I wondered how he made children with Mine 🤔 but overall I loved reading this series and I definitely prefer the manga over the anime
Oct 26, 2021 5:00 AM

Apr 2020
I had watched the anime a few years back when i was a rookie anime watcher . Although I enjoyed the anime I felt that the ending was incomplete and rushed in it.
The manga was really good. Eventhough it had similar story to the anime, it was really enjoyable and the ending felt way more complete than the anime. The ending was also not as rushed as anime.
This is my second manga ever and I really enjoyed. I dont care what others say about it. I really feel satisfied finishing this manga and I liked all of the night raid characters. And all the main characters in the evil empire side were well established as well.
Also, Wave x Kurome :best couple in the show
water
Jan 15, 2022 6:47 PM
Oct 2021
I enjoyed watching this manga, but at times it seemed like the plot armor for some characters was too thick, and it seemed like the ending was made inconsistently happy.

Mine becoming braindead and then waking up at the end just to create a happy ending was very lame-o. And the whole Tatsumi getting Mine pregnant part seemed to be shoehorned in because the the couple had little romantic experiences shown(they kissed once and held hands once, that's about it). And Mine killed best girl, so I hate her.

But the opposite happened to Leonne, she fuses with a beast relic that gives her super regeneration, but she still dies from a flesh wound.

I honestly enjoyed the anime ending more since I feel like the manga became more shounen-y at the end.
Mar 7, 2023 4:35 PM
Jan 2015
ziggy_Z said:
hoopla123 said:

I wish Chelsea was alive and ended up with Tatsumi... (fuck Mine man)

Duuude, why'd you have to bring up Best Girl T__T

And like everyone's better than Mine.

Perhaps it's best to talk it out to a "certain someone" who created this. And I mean the manga story.
VJ87GMar 7, 2023 5:09 PM
Apr 15, 2023 5:11 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I love the Mine and Tatsumi good ending, but I feel like I preferred the anime's ending and turns of event actually, still solid manga overall
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.