Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 9, 2017 10:16 PM
May 2014
I never thought I would actually enjoy Akame ga Kill after the anime and the middle chapters but the last few chapters did it for me. The ending was not rushed by current standards and a bittersweet ending helps to leave a sweet taste in your mouth while staying true to the gore and killings of the manga. Overall pretty satisfied. 6-7/10
Jan 9, 2017 10:45 PM
Jan 2016
I actually had this on hold and it took me a while to binge reading the remaining chapters. Honestly, it turned out way better than I initially expected the series to unfold. The main reason I even had it on hold was because despite the series having much potential in showcasing the flaws of absolutism, I felt as if the author had given up on building on that premise. Instead, it felt as if the series only tried appealing to the reader's sympathy with unreasonable deaths of most of its characters. The deaths became so frequent that it felt ridiculous to me. I was on the verge of dropping the series when I heard it was about to end so I decided to wait a little longer. Of course, the series ended with another tragic death of a member of Night Raid, that much was expected. I hated how the series had made me anxiously await for another gruelling death scene but surprisingly, Leone's death and everyone else's ending scenes gave me enough closure to overlook why I disliked the series while it was still airing. Although I particularly enjoyed the introduction of several unique characters, there was a point where I had a difficult time pinpointing the main protagonist of the story. That’s what I felt was unusual with this piece of work but throughout the last chapter, it became seemingly obvious for me that it was both Akame and Tatsumi (ofc, I could be entirely wrong). The chapter ended with Akame wilfully spending her time alone, continuing the lone wolf aura she had always exuded. Concurrently, it shows how Tatsumi shook the events that ended in what had been a revolutionary war. Tatsumi had crossed with several people in just a short amount of time and it had resulted in severe traumatic experiences for the main protagonist. In my opinion, Leone’s death really left a bittersweet feeling in my tastes. It just goes to show how Tatsumi had changed the people of Night Raid when in the beginning, he was overwhelmed by the persona of each member there. They were all uniquely different but had their own imposing characters that Tatsumi cannot help but respect, especially to Leone, who he has a sibling-like relationship with. Somehow, at that point, I didn’t feel like Leone’s death was just an addition to the list. It concretizes the significance of Tatsumi’s character development and his ability to change the people around him. I initially gave this a 6/10 when I had this on hold at around chapter 60 but now, I give it a solid 8/10. I definitely enjoyed the remaining chapters, Akame ga Kiru!
Jan 10, 2017 1:59 AM

Sep 2015
Man it's been such a long time reading and following this. I'll miss this now that it's over. This may have been similar to the anime's ending since the author revealed it to giving the anime a close enough ending, I felt really satisfied in how the manga ended. Most of everyone got a happy enough ending.

Of course Tatsumi would cause a commotion coming back to his village. Last time they saw him he was so innocent, naive and human; now he's a dragon. That must be one strange story to tell his child(ren?).
Jan 10, 2017 2:26 AM

Jul 2013
Derenner said:
Although I wish Takahiro would have gone a different route for both Tatsumi and Esdeath instead of your typical cliché sappy ending which has been done soo many times before. Yeah, I'm a Esdeath fag and a diehard Tats x Esdeath shipper. Deal with it.

Time for me to head over to fanfic for some consolation.
What do you even want Esdeath to end with Mr. sterotypical, nice guy, shounen hero #2000009 when she "ended" with best girl Suzuka?
Jan 10, 2017 6:45 AM

Feb 2015
So this is the end, huh?
Well, I liked that Manga

Tho I hoped that Tatsumi'll die
Leone died in the gutter again
And everyone got a piece of Honest, which is nice ^^

9/10
Jan 10, 2017 10:31 AM
Jan 2015
Still hate that psycho sister.
Jan 10, 2017 4:25 PM

Oct 2013
Hibiki07 said:

There are 2 special chapter. The one with the 3 girls that come to the capital for a better life... and Tatsumi's dream about his deceased comrades.

Ahh, now I remember. Thanks for clarifying.
Jan 10, 2017 9:07 PM

Aug 2014
Going to miss this one. Ending was as I expected, even if the anime didn't spoil a large portion of it - bittersweet. Especially Akame, she just couldn't get even a semi-happy ending, which I both respect and regret.

Leone's death could've been prevented, but at least she got a peaceful closure. Very nice scene between the assassin sisters. Honest's death was perfect, so was the Emperor's.

Mine was and still is garbage of a character, no idea what was going through Takahiro's head when he decided to pair Tatsumi with her.

Most of the characters were solid and entertaining. Story and execution were not bad, pacing was pretty good, never felt like it was going too slow or too fast, art was appealing.

Final chapter: 4/5
Series overall: 8/10

Kill Akame ~
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 11, 2017 11:04 AM
Oct 2013
Man fuck Mine. How is it that the worst character gets the best ending in the series? I guess that's the luxury of being the writers pet. Other than that it was a nice if not bittersweet ending that annoying ass loli should of died.
Jan 11, 2017 1:23 PM

Mar 2014
At last this is the end of the manga.

I like more the anime version, it had less plot armor than this last arc.

It was ok overall.
Jan 11, 2017 2:42 PM

Oct 2014
pm's death was so satisfying, may he forever rot in the deep depths of anime hell

i was hoping leone wouldn't die and get a happy ending, but unfortunately they went the anime route with that - rest in peace nee-chan, may you get to drink as much beer as u want in anime heaven

in the end mine got dragon dick

najenda never married (boss x lubbock ftw :( rip) but adopted one child - i was surprised at that, but i do. think she'd make a good mom

psycho lady and esdeath's hand had their happy ending

wave and kurome (hopefully) live happily ever after

and our title heroine sets off to explore the world

overall, i was sastified with the ending. while i do prefer the anime just a litttttle bit more and didn't really care for mine x tatsumi (honest to god shipped him with akame from the start, especially with the "i promise not to die" hit my feels) but im glad that kurome got to live as well as tatsumi, and that a fair amount of our beloved characters got their happy end

this will be one of my favorites for a long time i think

10/10
Jan 12, 2017 4:45 AM

Oct 2016
Everybody else got a fairly good ending
But Akame's story continues. I somehow felt the ending was incomplete because of this. But anyway, if you think about how Akame is like, it's probably the best logical ending for her.

I'd give it a 7/10

Wonder what happened to Najenda?
Jan 12, 2017 5:06 AM

Mar 2012
garbage ending imo
Jan 12, 2017 5:00 PM
Jan 2017
For all of you who havent realized, no mine did not do it with dragon tatsumi. It was in chapter 50 first couple pages. Can believe people havent figured that out xD
Jan 12, 2017 7:54 PM
Nov 2011
De_Scout said:
For all of you who havent realized, no mine did not do it with dragon tatsumi. It was in chapter 50 first couple pages. Can believe people havent figured that out xD

Well, the narration box states that they had children (plural), so it's either a translation mistake or she possibly got pregnant with twins or more that time.

Maybe we will get an extra chapter when we get to see their child/children.

I also guess both will find ways to have 'fun' when the time calls lmao.

Hect_9Jan 12, 2017 9:58 PM
Jan 13, 2017 4:17 PM

Jan 2016
Satisfied with the ending. Could of went far, far worse and I really enjoyed Akame vs. Esdeath, even if Esdeath is queen. I didn't want it to end. It flowed so nicely and didn't feel too rushed.

Really glad I found and read this manga. It's solid and pretty consistent, more consistent than some of the stuff I've read or have tried to read. It was refreshing with the edge that no one was safe or had plot armor. I wish we could follow Akame on her new adventures. She's a delightful character herself.
Jan 13, 2017 10:47 PM
Jan 2015
Smooched said:
garbage ending imo

No kidding to that. I totally agreed with you.
Jan 13, 2017 10:52 PM
Jan 2015
ziggy_Z said:
hoopla123 said:

I wish Chelsea was alive and ended up with Tatsumi... (fuck Mine man)

Duuude, why'd you have to bring up Best Girl T__T

And like everyone's better than Mine.

Maybe Takahiro is a fan of lolis, no doubt. But Mine will never be best girl. Only Chelsea is.

Sorry for bringing up best girl, bro.

But one thing for sure, I seen top 3 characters in the manga character popularity poll list.
Jan 13, 2017 10:58 PM
Jan 2015
hoopla123 said:
Kurome x Wave survived.

That's all I need to know.

And poor Akame, all alone..

I wish Chelsea was alive and ended up with Tatsumi... (fuck Mine man)

I, for one, agree with you. My fellow Tatsumi and Chelsea shipper.
Jan 13, 2017 11:07 PM

Apr 2013
Now that Takahiro is done with AgK... he should start working on more Majikoi VNs.

He just needs to stick to comedy and action.
Jan 14, 2017 10:26 AM
Oct 2012
Lurking at the comments, almost all negative.
Look at the vote, 2/3 full scores.
That's the nature of old forum posters, the same for every forums. Whining.
Jan 14, 2017 6:07 PM
Oct 2014
well i was following this manga till the end. I really like how the manga settled things and not just because im a minextatsumi fan.The nice yet little changes in the manga made the diffrence for me i guess.Im just a little bit sad that Leone died.At least Akame,Mine and Tatsumi made it and achieved happieness.

Completing the Manga right now for feels and extra chapters ;P currently have 1-8 vol.
Jan 15, 2017 2:13 AM
Jul 2011
Ending feels kind of weird. After the anime ended there was this whole theme of 'well the manga will be better, the anime just did a lot of Anime Original stuff that's why it was "dumb"" but in the end most of the events in the manga played out similar to the anime. Some events were worse but some of the changes were made it slightly better. Just only slightly. Overall this series is definitely a case where "Read the manga!" smugness falls flat.

Leona beast fusion was nice but the way she died is -still- lame as the anime, if not worse.

Highlight of final chapter was that Honest's punishment was perfect for all the things he pulled throughout the series.

A lot of happy endings, some felt more forced than others but whatever I've seen worse endings for series and Akama ga Kill during its earlier chapters/episodes was still pretty entertaining so nice farewell. Another manga series down.
Jan 17, 2017 8:45 AM

Dec 2009
Eh, it was ok. Not exactly the kind of ending I was expecting when I first started the manga years ago.

Also how old is Mine again btw
Jan 17, 2017 4:53 PM
Feb 2015
minoru09 said:
Eh, it was ok. Not exactly the kind of ending I was expecting when I first started the manga years ago.

Also how old is Mine again btw

She's one year older than Tatsumi.
Jan 21, 2017 6:51 PM

Mar 2016
i loved the ending waoww,but still HOW THE FUCK THAT TATSUMI AND MINE HAVE A CHILD.well i dont know how they do it but a happy ending!!!!
Jan 22, 2017 8:11 AM
Jan 2017
In the translation of the manga it says Tatsumi and Mine have 'children' notice how that's plural(and I know they had a kid before he was in dragon form), either they had twins or Mine and Tatsumi did things while Tatsumi was in dragon form. ;)
InciealJan 22, 2017 8:15 AM
Jan 23, 2017 10:07 PM
Mar 2013
glad AgK had anime before so i can say the ending for manga is more bette

and wow people in here so harsh about the ending
im a simple man, happy with the ending so that it is

and how come mine is garbage
Jan 23, 2017 11:10 PM
Jan 2015
Radeck513 said:
Man fuck Mine. How is it that the worst character gets the best ending in the series? I guess that's the luxury of being the writers pet. Other than that it was a nice if not bittersweet ending that annoying ass loli should of died.

It's best to talk to the author or authors of the manga series. I don't know about Mine, but she's far from being best girl. I see best girls than her anyway. And Kurome is worse than her also. Way worse, if you know what I mean.
Feb 4, 2017 5:47 PM

Oct 2011
must be the only case where i enjoyed the anime ending more than the manga one that says a lot

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Feb 15, 2017 3:38 PM

Feb 2013
I liked how the prime minister died, he deserved every single moment of it.
Too bad that Leone died too.
Mine recovered and had a kid, nice, I wonder how will they make a new one, he is a dragon now.
That ending though was really sad, Akame leaving all alone.
Feb 24, 2017 9:11 PM
Aug 2012
Tatsumi turned in a dragon for the rest of his life... Akame with a chronic pain... I didn't like it.

If Tatsumi were dead and left his child with Mine it would be a much better ending. A woman can't be happy when living with a husband that is a horrible monster 10 times her size...

Poor Akame...
Feb 24, 2017 11:04 PM
Jan 2016
When I first read Akame ga Kill I was hooked on it. But after going through it it didn't meet my expectation. Maybe it was because the update of the manga was slow so that might have killed my hypes but if I were to say the action was pretty much the same. Of course there were evolutions and they got stronger but if it does the same action and not much development then I lose my hype. Normally I give it a 8 or 9 in the beginning of the manga but I give it either 7 or 8. In the ending I was sad for Akame. That last page where its just her just ACHED my heart. Why couldn't she find someone to endure her pain?
Feb 27, 2017 10:02 PM

Aug 2016
okay so its been a while, but I finally got around to finishing this. And all in all, it was pretty decent ending.

However,

I just have one tiny quirk about this. And it's this panel right here. '

And the problem isn't "oh i wanted to see them fight more with akame" or any of that bullshit. BUT HOW IN THE HELL DID THEY HAVE KIDS. IM LIKE 99% SURE THEY DIDNT HAVE SPERM BANKS IN THAT UNIVERSE. HOW DID THEY EVEN FUCK? WTF WAS THE AUTHOR THINKING? THATS LIKE SOME SERIOUS MESSED UP 3D DRAGON HENTAI SHIT RIGHT THERE.

HE WOULD SPLIT HER IN HALF, PEOPLE. IN HALF. I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THE SIZE DIFFERENCE, HER HEAD COULD FIT IN HIS MOUTH. SHIT. NOT EVEN JUST HER HEAD. HER WHOLE BODY COULD FIT IN THERE. THIS MAN--NO, THIS DRAGON TATSUMI COULD SWALLOW THIS POOR GIRL WHOLE. AND DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ABOUT NUTTING.
Feb 27, 2017 10:09 PM

Oct 2013
cav said:
okay so its been a while, but I finally got around to finishing this. And all in all, it was pretty decent ending.
However,
I just have one tiny quirk about this. And it's this panel right here. '

And the problem isn't "oh i wanted to see them fight more with akame" or any of that bullshit. BUT HOW IN THE HELL DID THEY HAVE KIDS. IM LIKE 99% SURE THEY DIDNT HAVE SPERM BANKS IN THAT UNIVERSE. HOW DID THEY EVEN FUCK? WTF WAS THE AUTHOR THINKING? THATS LIKE SOME SERIOUS MESSED UP 3D DRAGON HENTAI SHIT RIGHT THERE.
HE WOULD SPLIT HER IN HALF, PEOPLE. IN HALF. I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THE SIZE DIFFERENCE, HER HEAD COULD FIT IN HIS MOUTH. SHIT. NOT EVEN JUST HER HEAD. HER WHOLE BODY COULD FIT IN THERE. THIS MAN--NO, THIS DRAGON TATSUMI COULD SWALLOW THIS POOR GIRL WHOLE. AND DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ABOUT NUTTING.
they fucked before he became a dragon dude and right before he and Lubbock got captured
this scene right here

thats how she got pregnant
Feb 27, 2017 10:12 PM

Aug 2016
Deknijff said:
they fucked before he became a dragon dude and right before he and Lubbock got captured
this scene right here

yeah i remember that but...

wait wait wait so youre telling me they never fucked again after the last chapter? aw damn man they shouldve just killed tatsumi off he wouldve been better off./
Feb 27, 2017 10:17 PM

Oct 2013
cav said:
Deknijff said:
this scene right here

yeah i remember that but...
wait wait wait so youre telling me they never fucked again after the last chapter? aw damn man they should've just killed tatsumi off he would've been better off./
well I'm unaware how their sex life is now with him being a dragon
but if you want some kind of hope they still have sex watch the first minute or two of this
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8987/Princess_Knight_Catue
it'll let you know its possible
Mar 13, 2017 2:54 PM

Aug 2014
So Leone was brought back only to die again -_-
Other than and Kurome surviving (fuck that bitch), the ending was pretty decent : Honest finally got what he deserved in the end, Tasumi x Mine, Suzuka and fap materiel etc...

Not the best series but it was overall enjoyable.
6/10
Mar 13, 2017 7:55 PM
Jan 2015
Kryptiq said:
So Leone was brought back only to die again -_-
Other than and Kurome surviving (fuck that bitch), the ending was pretty decent : Honest finally got what he deserved in the end, Tasumi x Mine, Suzuka and fap materiel etc...

Not the best series but it was overall enjoyable.
6/10

One thing for sure, you're right about Kurome. I heard that she was having more nightmares than ever. Well at least we got something to look forward to. Maybe that plus the shadows of the people she killed will tormented and tortured her until...

Well, you know.
Mar 20, 2017 8:36 AM

Jan 2013
Kurome x wave happened so I'm satisfied.
Apr 3, 2017 2:16 PM
Jan 2015
One who has nightmares for the rest of their lives are cursed. Kurome is one of them. If you asked me, she deserve worse than having never ending nightmares.
VJ87GSep 19, 2017 10:50 AM
Apr 10, 2017 5:29 AM

May 2014
This was one helluva good story, from beginning to end.
I started this when I didn't know much about manga or anime, but eventually when I got accustomed to this world I have to say this turned out amazingly.
So many deaths and heartbreak, but I guess they were worth it. At least now that I've completed this I still have the gaiden story (akame ga kill zero) left.
Even though it won't provide me much comfort, this will remain at 8/10.
After these 2 long years 😭😭
I would like to know where Akame will take her journeys now though.
May 9, 2017 7:29 AM

May 2016
One by one, different variations of feels just kept piling up on each other :'( I can't believe this was actually the end

Honest got beaten up by a hot cold sexy lioness and got satisfyingly overkilled by the general public. He might've deserved it all, but I couldn't help but shiver at the intense punishment being dished out. If only he got immortal through alchemy lol

That Danger Beast was the only thing keeping Leone from dying... She died the death she wanted but I wonder what would happen if Teigu doctor helped. Her last thought being the first time she saw Tatsumi was heart-wrenching ;~;

That moment when I clicked the next page and saw Mine regain consciousness almost made me break down out of joy as well. I can't believe I didn't notice that they got laid. I gotta read a doujinshi to fill that gap.

Oh my. That Rakshasa Demon has a new frosty toy to play with if you catch my drift~

Wave's dick fell off lol and Kurome now has nightmares forever. It's the least she has to deal with after killing so many with glee.

Akame now ventures for the origins of her Teigu in search for a cure for her curse. I'd like to read a couple more chapters on how she'll manage to pull it off though. A full 10 from me :o

May 24, 2017 9:14 AM

Jan 2014
Poor Leone, I thought she can survive in that fused state like Tatsumi..

so that's how Mine erased Esdeath presence from Tatsumi, by sex. of course. straight to sex after confessed. that's a bold move.
but, how old are they!? I think around 17-18 yo and they already had sex.
FUCK, I ENVY YOU.

I actually curious how Tatsumi's village reacted when he come home in dragon state.

PM death in the worst possible. I can't imagine if that happened in reality.
May 28, 2017 5:39 PM
Jan 2015
This is why Anime is always better than the Manga.
Jun 11, 2017 12:29 PM

Jun 2016
whats up with 79-80
Scream!
Jun 25, 2017 7:42 PM

Sep 2014
Yeeaahh.... I'm dropping my score 2 points to a 7.

I was hoping the manga would be different but nope, the mangaka went ahead and killed off my favorite character, Leone, as well as my 2nd favorite, Chelsea. And to possibly add insult to injury Leone might not have even had to die.

And as dark as this series was Mine magically recovers through the power of, what, hopes and dreams? Love? I'm so ticked off over Leone that I can't remember the exact stupid reason given.

Overall I enjoyed the series, but hated the ending.
CasyleJun 26, 2017 12:26 AM
Jul 30, 2017 10:22 AM
Jan 2015
The Manga ending sucks. Especially when Wave and Kurome are still living. I still hate psycho sister of what she did.
Aug 2, 2017 1:52 AM

Oct 2015
8 months and I only know this series already ended today, it seems I live in some unique and special rock.

AKG Anime guy here, rushed over from where anime gone differently (ch 39), I'm pleased this already ends, better than the anime in overall. I glad ship that I love still live in the end, Tatsumi x Mine. That Wave x Kurome is also cute tho. That ending is good (exclude Leone death oc), Honest's death is truly gruesome, I can imagine how hype it feels like.

Still, it just lacks of some dem feels, now I know what it feels in read 'complete' series, no hype, only small resentment/hatred, and no 'connection' towards the character. It's like somekind of wutnot and just shitty thing but I feel it.

Still, I just glad this series come to and end :)

Aug 25, 2017 9:03 PM
Jan 2015
Now I know why the manga is losing popularity. And it shows.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.