Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2016 4:22 AM

Dec 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Looks like it's finally over. I'm going to miss this series.

Leone looked amazing with that transformation. I'm really dissapointed that her death was so similar to the anime.

Damn that PM death was brutal. Most brutal death in the series. Way more gruesome than I imagined it would be.

Tatsumi and Mine got their happy ending! Good thing Mine doesn't mind dragon Tatsumi too much.

Poor Akame ended up alone on the boat. Need to wait until translations to find out.

Overall I personally enjoyed the series. I know it's not the best and had a lot of missed opportunities but it was still a fun ride and I'm going to miss it.
Dec 21, 2016 6:04 AM
Feb 2016
Well, that ending wasn't the one i expected. Leone death was kinda "lame", i mean she could easy recover herself, but i don't know about Tashiro way to think letting Tatsumi in that form "alive" and Mine waking finally up.

Akame... yeah she was always a lone wolf, like the anime ending, but in a boat.

I guess is ok. I don't want to go around too much about it. Fair ending, good manga (over the anime version waaaay better).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2016 6:38 AM
Feb 2015
Poor Akame forever alone. Why didn't Tatsumi and Mine accompany her.
Dec 21, 2016 7:27 AM

Dec 2014
Tatsumi and Mine got a kid! XD

Surprised that it was happier ending than I expected tbh
Dec 21, 2016 8:02 AM

Mar 2015
Finally Mine woke up... finally ;_; after what? 2 years? She's finally awake ;_;

At least we got a fairly better ending than in the anime. Leone went out like a badass and died in front of the place where she and Tatsumi first met. PM's torturous death is satisfying. Mine x Dragon Tatsumi happy ending, Akame x Kurome happy ending and of course Suzuka x Esdeath's hand the OTP ending.

I'm happy overall. It was definitely satisfying after following the series for a long time and it's definitely better than the anime. Though there was a few bumps here and there (like Tatsumi becoming a dragon... forever)... but it still delivers.

The way Mine woke up is just sad and happy at the same time. It's been 2 years and just to see that finally happen makes me happy but then she learns that Tatsumi is a dragon. Yes I'm a Minefag, deal with it.

The new Dragon Master:

Dec 21, 2016 8:27 AM
Nov 2015
Overall I can't say the story was totally bad, the beginning and the half of it, were very enjoyable.
What really killed Akame ga kill was the decision to exchange good developed characters for impactful deaths and shock value as well as creating a dark atmosphere, gore, violence to make it seem that the story had more depth. This dark, corrupted and villainous nature of the empire's capital and its individuals ultimately destroyed one of the mains point of the manga: to take out the idea of two absolutes and makes us see the two sides, rebel army and empire, not as good against bad. You really don't root for the bad guy because he is the most sadistic, evil-looking motherfucker you have ever seen.
AND the only characters who made us question their morality and even like were already dead. If they only maintained this characters...this show would have a much better ending. Takahiro did make some very good, very special characters. He just didn't explore them to their best potential.
For this chapter I give: 3/5
For the entire manga: 6.9/10
JustAMangaFanDec 21, 2016 8:30 AM
Dec 21, 2016 8:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Welp, I was hoping that Leone would have ended up living but sadly that didn't happen (Yet fucking Mine came out unscathed -_-)

Either way, this was a pretty nice ending and I really enjoyed the ride that Akame ga Kill has given me all these years with being one of my favorite series

7/10
Dec 21, 2016 9:11 AM

Dec 2014
So that was it eh? A pretty fitting finale wrap up chapter.

Cover page with Akame in curse mode with that smile was just so beautiful. <3 I need a render of that.

PM's death was gruesome but honestly he deserved worse. Needed more torture for everything he's done. Leone's transformation was pretty awesome though.
Leone died. :( It was kinda similar to the anime, really wished she survived. That Akame Leone hug :(

Mine waking up was very nice.

Akame and Kurome's hug was my personal favorite moment, That page was so full of win. XD <3

Overall, I definitely enjoyed AgK a lot. Fights were great, characters were nice. ( Akame is love <3 ) The story kinda faltered here and there and had potential to be better but overall was still pretty enjoyable.
8/10

Will add some more thoughts once the translation is out.

Edit: Finally read the translation.
I'm glad Honest was tortured till the very end.
Fairly happy ending for Kurome, Wave, Tatsumi, Mine and of course the Empire.
Really sad Akame is alone., though that is similar to the way the anime ended as well. :(
Don't really have anything else to add.
Lelouch0202Jan 12, 2017 11:57 PM
Dec 21, 2016 12:20 PM
Dec 2015
Leone dying anyways was a utterly troll like douche canoe move by the author. Sorry Leone fans. Other than that enjoyed the ending. Can't wait to read it. Although, as a mine + Tatsumi fan, I'm kinda torn on the happy ending for them. Its not that I didn't want them to have a happy ending, but it just seemed TOO happy. Maybe when I read it in English there will be showing said that fixes that.
Sanc2aryDec 21, 2016 12:24 PM
Dec 21, 2016 1:20 PM

Oct 2014
http://www.yuncomics.com/archives/1849223

Link to the chapter for those who couldn't find it.
Dec 21, 2016 5:41 PM

Oct 2015
How do Tatsumi and Mine pull a reverse Shrek 2? Did they adopt a kid or something?

I think the manga suffered from promoting Akame as the "protagonist" despite her not getting a lot of development. Definitely a guilty pleasure of mine though.

"If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you."
Dec 21, 2016 6:21 PM

Apr 2016
Hey guys, i was just wondering if you could comment on my profile on a scale of 1 to 10 how satisfying is the ending (really important:WITHOUT SPOILERS plz). I'm asking this because i want to have an idea of how good is the ending but I want to wait for the book version to get released to read the last chapter. So yeah, that would be really appreciated!
Sup
Dec 21, 2016 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
Ahhhh, sexy onee-san died in the manga too. *tear, tear* But besides that, it was a satisfying way to end the series. Happy to see the village has dough now
Dec 21, 2016 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
The manga was actually pretty average overall but quite satisfying of an ending for sure to be fair. Yes it had its moments where the series was just horrible at the writing stance, things do not really make much sense and such, but for a series that's just fun to read it did the job honestly.

Though I do wish Takahiro (the writer) could worked on this better, because he wrote Yuuki Yuuna and that series was very well executed, where as Akame... not so much.

I'm looking forward anyways with his future stuff honestly but he should at least work on his writing much better through.
Dec 21, 2016 10:15 PM

Nov 2014
MAL said it's ended at chap. 80
but it's look like already ended at 78's

is any chapters left??

To-Do List:

• NOTHING

Dec 22, 2016 2:28 AM

Jul 2013
AldiCrowz said:

is any chapters left??
One of them was the omake chapter when those three girls are tortured by the people of the Empire (23.5), and I think chapter 52 was divided in two chapters actually. That makes a total of 80 chapters.
Dec 22, 2016 4:21 AM

Jan 2008
So it has ended…

I don’t even know where to start. To be honest I had a preconception in my head with my overall experience, but I’m way too lazy at the moment, therefore the epitome of those thoughts are equally fine.

Even if I’m not really into shounen, I have to say Akame ga Kill as a whole was a pretty enjoyable ride, though I must admit I had to turn my brain off most of the time to get this so called enjoyment. The flaws are quite typical; the „gotta kill ’em all” aspect is solid in concept, kinda terrible in execution, asspulls and nonsensical turn of events galore, the majority of the cast of characters are utter trash (mostly cardboard cutouts and/or fanservice-oriented plot devices), pointless OMGEDGE, etcetc, BUT my biggest gripe with the whole manga, is the world-building as a whole which is mostly non-existent and also inconsistent as phuck. As for the ending: I have pretty mixed feelings about it, though the concept of most of the surviving characters have to carry some weights was a pretty witty idea.

What I was liking about AgK on the other hand, was the aforementioned enjoyment department, the pacing in general (except the one was presented in the last arc starring that cringeworthy mecha), some good ideas/events/characters (Kurome was a great and memorable character in my books), the artwork in general and the fact it was still muuuuch better than the anime adaptation which was an onslaught of insultingly bad directing.

Final score? Somewhere between 5 and 6.
JunchiDec 22, 2016 4:31 AM
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Dec 22, 2016 5:11 AM

Nov 2014
Illyricus said:
AldiCrowz said:

is any chapters left??
One of them was the omake chapter when those three girls are tortured by the people of the Empire (23.5), and I think chapter 52 was divided in two chapters actually. That makes a total of 80 chapters.

ouwhh.... thanks for the information :D

To-Do List:

• NOTHING

Dec 22, 2016 5:22 AM

Apr 2014
So basically, the mangaka just changed the ending a little bit so that the readers won't look like they wasted their time?
Leone, Esdebitch, PM are dead and the only difference is just Mine and Tatsumi was alive and got a kid?
No shit, it's just like the same as the anime, well at least not just Akame was alive, though she's alone.
Damn, White Fox Studio should do an OVA now to make the real ending animated!
So, yeah I'll rate this manga 7/10 overall. Maybe I'll re-read it next year.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 22, 2016 7:09 AM

Jun 2014
I remember when the anime ending and left a bad taste in everyone's mouth people all went and cling on the assumption that it is supposedly a "anime original ending" the manga will go differently...Welp looks like that was bullshit and boy this all feels like one big edgy childish waste of time
Dec 22, 2016 9:42 AM

Jul 2014
Akame = best girl
poor Leone ;_; and that akame/leone hug <3
i'm really happy for tatsumi and mine but mine x dragon is kinda weird >_<
overall it was nice
Dec 22, 2016 11:36 AM
Sep 2015
I thinking Kurome was on her death bed and najenda was telling Wave there is nothing they can do
Dec 22, 2016 3:01 PM
Jan 2015
manbot95 said:
I thinking Kurome was on her death bed and najenda was telling Wave there is nothing they can do

Well, at least we got a few things to look forward to. Maybe her "bad dreams" can damage her health more than ever.

And Wave well, he's in no shape himself ether.
Dec 22, 2016 11:59 PM

Feb 2013
Dang that execution was the most brutal shit I've seen happen to a villain since Wolfsmund.

Meh, this cut a bit too close to the anime for my liking.
Dec 23, 2016 4:38 PM
Jan 2015
I heard that some people hated the manga ending. And also, I don't blame them one bit, at all.
Dec 24, 2016 2:59 PM
Dec 2015

It is confirmed that the author considered the critiques.The fall of Honest and the farewell between Leone and her nakama is more heart-felted than anime,unless the animators are the only guilties.

The relation of Kurome and Wave deserved more introspection,maybe and the kid with the ball has a strange resemblance.

I don't succeed to judged the couple Dragon Tatsumi-Mine.Maybe the translation would help me in this.

CreescienzoDec 24, 2016 3:18 PM
Dec 24, 2016 8:53 PM
Apr 2016
Pretty good ending. I guess Akame has to find a lover in a foreign land. PM deserved more. Should've regenerated some parts and continued it endlessly. Leone couldn't go on and on thinking about 70% of her team being killed... understandable (see: all the pages where it shows all the fallen Night Raid members). Mine X Umi = yay. Wave X Kurome = double yay, didn't see that coming. Idk what the general will do now, Lub was really the only one that loved her&Leone (I think if Leone lived, Akame would have gone lesbian or stayed in the motherland; I honestly thought they should've have gone full lesbian).

Remember when we had 24-hour scanlation teams? They would post translations the same day... how times have changed.
Dec 25, 2016 4:53 PM
Jul 2015
At the end, when apear Nea and the leader of the path of piece, was boy with ball. He was somewhere sooner or he is new? (Sorry for my English XD)
Dec 25, 2016 6:53 PM

Jan 2012
Illyricus said:

So, Mine at the end got the dragon c*ck, isn't?

lol i was sure someone will not miss this detail

Ot: so it's finally ended , I guess we can all agree this ending was better than anime

@Royal-Guard-Reli it has ended

Dec 28, 2016 3:14 PM

Nov 2008
Thank god this POS is finally out of my life for good, still far more better then the shitty anime version, but the only best part was Tatsumi and Mine.

Also FUCK YOU for Leone dieing again and the very end with Akame being alone is still pretty terrible.
Dec 29, 2016 12:14 AM

Jan 2011
I just watched the anime...and had plans to read the manga...but it seems the manga ended the same as the anime with a few slight changes. Going to just go ahead and read the final chapters and put this in my completed.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 29, 2016 3:54 AM
Feb 2015
MasterHavik said:
I just watched the anime...and had plans to read the manga...but it seems the manga ended the same as the anime with a few slight changes. Going to just go ahead and read the final chapters and put this in my completed.

No not really, there are several major changes from the anime, so it'll be better if you read it or at least continue from Chapter 19.
Dec 29, 2016 8:05 AM

Jan 2011
ixarising said:
MasterHavik said:

No not really, there are several major changes from the anime, so it'll be better if you read it or at least continue from Chapter 19.
Some told me 39 if I wanted to start. I have read some of the manga I nthe msit of it ending. It has gotten the bad taste of the anime out of my mouth.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 2, 2017 12:54 AM

Apr 2015
DOn't understand korea, so Najenda died two years later, and who the hell is that asian kid catching a ball?
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Jan 2, 2017 4:07 PM

Jan 2014
Finally it has ended after a long time of reading this manga, better ending than the anime
Jan 5, 2017 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
I had a lot of expectation for this series during the start, partly because of its unique style and partly because of the hype. However, when looking at the entire thing, this is an average series for me.

6/10
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 8, 2017 4:58 PM

Nov 2011
I actually like this manga ending better. I mean, Tatsumi and Mine survived while we also had a nice moment between Akame and her sister, Kurome.

While Leorne didn't survive, she still managed to get her own badass moment against Honest. That selfish bastard had it coming for a longggg time tbh. 7/10.
Jan 8, 2017 5:51 PM

Aug 2011
Finally ended eh? I'd be lying if I said I still had the same wide-eyed enthrallment that the first 10 or so chapters instilled in me, I feel as if the entire course of the manga has left me a little disenchanted.

Some key points for me:

-Glad to see the prime minister get his just deserts, though he honestly should've gotten it even worse.

-I'm highly disappointed by the fact that Leone still died in the grand scheme of things, it really didn't do much for character development or plot, it just felt wasteful.

-Dragon Tatsumi x Mine was... awkward? I don't outright hate the pairing, but I can't say anything good about it either, its rather neutral for me.

-The whole 'Akame must be alone' ending felt really contrived in a way that seems to try and squeeze out last minute bitter-sweet feelings. I understand why she felt she couldn't stay, but honestly all of them were assassins, her logic could easily have been placed on the whole of NR.

Overall I'd give it a 6/10, started out strong, and the mid-point was decent, but the execution in the latter half felt clumsy and the author relied on death shock value as a crutch.
ReverentStigmaJan 8, 2017 5:57 PM
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Jan 8, 2017 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
So where did you guys read this chapter?
Jan 8, 2017 6:00 PM

Jun 2014
It was great to see that piece of shit prime minister die in the most gruesome way possible, absolutely no sympathy for him there. Leone's death was pretty similar to the anime, Mine and Tatsumi got a happy ending (I don't even want to think about how they had sex....), Wave and Kurome sort of got a happy ending I guess, and Akame is, once again, all by herself. Overall, the ending was pretty similar to the anime's ending, but there were some slight differences (like the fact that more people besides Akame and Najenda survived lol). 6/10.

@Major123 I read it on mangastream.com
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 8, 2017 6:02 PM

Nov 2012
Major123 said:

It's out on Mangastream.
Jan 8, 2017 6:05 PM

Jan 2013
SuperRed said:
Major123 said:

It's out on Mangastream.
Thanks
Jan 8, 2017 6:06 PM
Apr 2011
6/10 overall...

The one thing though, says Mine and tatsumi had "children". So unless Mine had twins, did she ride upon that big-ass steed? But who am I to know dragon anatomy.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jan 8, 2017 6:39 PM

Aug 2013
It was a great series until around the first actual fight. Kek
What a shitshow, a complete waste of my time.
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Jan 8, 2017 7:18 PM
Jul 2016
I cant believe its over, personally I wanted to see tatsumi and mine's kid but oh well. What did you guys think was that ending satisfying.

Mod Edit: Removed header.
ShockedJan 11, 2017 3:53 AM
Jan 8, 2017 7:45 PM
Feb 2009
it was a good ending, but felt sad that tatsumi's adventure is over while akame continues.
Jan 8, 2017 7:55 PM

Oct 2013
The ending isn't that bad as how I expected. 5/10. 6/10, this ending make me bump the score 1+.
keragammingJan 9, 2017 5:48 AM
Jan 8, 2017 7:58 PM
Sep 2015
ReverentStigma said:
Finally ended eh? I'd be lying if I said I still had the same wide-eyed enthrallment that the first 10 or so chapters instilled in me, I feel as if the entire course of the manga has left me a little disenchanted.

Some key points for me:

-Glad to see the prime minister get his just deserts, though he honestly should've gotten it even worse.

-I'm highly disappointed by the fact that Leone still died in the grand scheme of things, it really didn't do much for character development or plot, it just felt wasteful.

-Dragon Tatsumi x Mine was... awkward? I don't outright hate the pairing, but I can't say anything good about it either, its rather neutral for me.

-The whole 'Akame must be alone' ending felt really contrived in a way that seems to try and squeeze out last minute bitter-sweet feelings. I understand why she felt she couldn't stay, but honestly all of them were assassins, her logic could easily have been placed on the whole of NR.

Overall I'd give it a 6/10, started out strong, and the mid-point was decent, but the execution in the latter half felt clumsy and the author relied on death shock value as a crutch.

All of this. I guess Leone had to die just so Akame can be alone at the end. I do like the fact the Akame is searching for a cure to the curse. Gives her more direction than to be leaving for the sake of leaving.

As you said, the final chapters should've been better. The author was ready for this series to end and it showed in the writing.

Exhibit A - Marasame's trump card was supposed to make her lose her sanity. I didn't feel this during or after the fight. It was traded in for her being in pain instead. Fact of the matter is, there would've been nobody to stop her had she truly lost it. She'd already defeated Esdeath, Leone was dying, and Dragon Tatsumi wasn't nowhere near as strong as expected. That would've opened up more chapters and put the author in a hole.

Exhibit B - Esdeaths death. Based on the sequence of events, I can't help but feel that Esdeath died simply because the manga was ending the following chapter.

All in all, I'd say the finale was rather weak. The ball started falling mid way and finally shattered on impact in the final arc.
Jan 8, 2017 7:59 PM
Jul 2016
well akame was always like the main protagonist of the main protagonist, her name is in the title so I was kinda expecting it to happen.
Jan 8, 2017 8:08 PM
Dec 2015
That was a good ending. Looks like there probably won't be a sequel. Now I can start reading something else xD
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.