Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2016 12:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow such an intense duel..

At this rate, Yuri is really one of my favorite characters with those combos. The new Pendulum cards are rather scary too when used right. I just love how is able to time his moves so precisely almost every time.
Dec 11, 2016 1:09 AM
Jun 2011
this was intense episode and by the end of next episode preview it seems i predicted wrong and yuya will actually lose
Dec 11, 2016 1:23 AM
Apr 2013
This is an awesome episode! It's been a long time since I watched such intense episode! Good bye for now Yuto. Now, Yuya is the only one who is still himself. Winning or losing, Zarc's revival is inevitable wherever and however you look at it.
Dec 11, 2016 2:11 AM
Jun 2011
Frost190 said:
This is an awesome episode! It's been a long time since I watched such intense episode! Good bye for now Yuto. Now, Yuya is the only one who is still himself. Winning or losing, Zarc's revival is inevitable wherever and however you look at it.
from the end of the preview it seems yuya will lose after all. i was sure yuri will lose
Dec 11, 2016 2:17 AM
Apr 2013
elior1 said:
Frost190 said:
from the end of the preview it seems yuya will lose after all. i was sure yuri will lose

You don't seem to like reading spoiler summaries, so I won't tell you the detail or who will win or lose, but I'll just say that after reading the spoiler summaries, I can say that the outcome is actually worse than losing or such.
Dec 11, 2016 3:19 AM
Jun 2011
Frost190 said:
elior1 said:

You don't seem to like reading spoiler summaries, so I won't tell you the detail or who will win or lose, but I'll just say that after reading the spoiler summaries, I can say that the outcome is actually worse than losing or such.
i read the sumerrys and i know what going to happen. but just becouse the summery of 136 imply it we not sure yuya will win
Dec 11, 2016 4:49 AM
Apr 2013
elior1 said:
Frost190 said:

i read the sumerrys and i know what going to happen. but just becouse the summery of 136 imply it we not sure yuya will win

We'll just have to wait next week to know the outcome then, since the next episode will be the conclusion between Yuya vs. Yuri.
Dec 11, 2016 2:40 PM

Feb 2013
Things aren't looking good for Yuya.
Dec 11, 2016 2:49 PM
Jan 2014
The Hitotsuni just pwned the Egaos.

Btw I just love how psychotic Yuuri is getting.
Dec 11, 2016 5:35 PM

Sep 2016
still 4th turn guys!!!!!!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 11, 2016 5:59 PM
Feb 2016
Alright, glad that some of the more disturbing remarks from Yuri were toned down this episode.

That aside, HOLY CRAP YURI'S CRAZY FACES ARE BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER. And he actually managed to steal Dark Rebellion, too... dang, Yuya might actually be in trouble.
Dec 11, 2016 6:34 PM

Oct 2011
intense duel
omfg.
Yuri has all 3 dragon omg
Dec 12, 2016 6:58 AM
Sep 2012
Finally the Yuya vs Yuri duel, and what a duel we have here. Lives up to the hype. Yuri is a little psychopath, I can't imagine Zarc being any worse than Yuri.

Race against the clock, who will come first, Ray or Zarc, could be a tie. Weather Zarc comes or not, I just Yuya kicks Yuri's butt before that happens, beat him. I want Yuri to get his come uppings.

And Yuya little montage of all of his friends, when did he and Shingo become besties, I don't know, I would just lump Shingo with the other Standard character. I don't know, does Yuya care that much about him.

Anyway great episode, can't wait for the next one, at this rate, can this last till March?
Dec 12, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2016
Okay, why does Yuri have a tuner? wtf

The Dragons summon strong wind out of nowhere, kk.

Yuri's face looks weird, don't know if it's the animators' fault or if it's intentional.

Also, lol yurigasm
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Dec 12, 2016 12:31 PM

Sep 2016
this episode basically ono kensho doing crazy monologue in recording studio lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 13, 2016 5:01 AM

Oct 2016
Yuya manages to control himself even though Yuto doesn't, and now he has to keep trying for both of them.

Yuri having legit Tuners now is something to be expected since his powers have grown after merging with Yugo.

The most appealing thing in all of this is that Yuya is left with only Odd-Eyes, his original dragon. I know it's a long stretch, but I would like it if Odd-Eyes had a solo evolution for once, one that is Pendulum but does not become Fusion, Synchro or Xyz, just like the original dragons have Dark Requiem, Crystal Wing and Greedy Venom, upgrades that stick to the original type of Monster Card.

I expect Yuya to win and then Zarc stepping up to ruin the brief moment of happiness.

Also, why doesn't Reiji do anything? It seems now that Reiji only actively duels when family members are involved...
Dec 13, 2016 5:34 AM
Apr 2013
Tigerdrenalin said:
I expect Yuya to win and then Zarc stepping up to ruin the brief moment of happiness.

Also, why doesn't Reiji do anything? It seems now that Reiji only actively duels when family members are involved...

Your expectation will be fulfilled soon. Arc-V these days likes to ruin good moments with despair and such.

The last time Reiji wanted to interfere in a Duel, Yusho stopped him to preserve his pride as Entertainment Duelist. Now, I think Reiji wants to believe in Yuya that he can prevent Zarc from taking over him so he decides not to interfere...which is not a good decision in my opinion. Regardless how much faith he has in Yuya, he should have assist him, considering how Yuya is clearly suffering right now.
Dec 13, 2016 7:30 AM

Mar 2014
Yuri still amazes me with all this combos, also I find very interesting that both fusion and syncro dragon have the same star levels right now, if is possible Yuri would perform a XYZ summon new monster in any moment if the dragon's chorus isn't enough to harm Yuya's sanity (lol Yuri is very "sane" with all become one stuff xD).
Dec 14, 2016 12:37 AM
Apr 2013
Fusion Pendulum monster is finally revealed with crazy powerful effect!

Dec 15, 2016 3:19 AM

Oct 2016
Joycdonnell said:
also I find very interesting that both fusion and syncro dragon have the same star levels right now, if is possible Yuri would perform a XYZ summon new monster in any moment

Or he fuses them into a semi-Zarc dragon without the Odd-Eyes component, just like OE Rebellion and OE Raging are sort of only half of the real Supreme King Dragon.

Frost190 said:

Dec 15, 2016 7:38 AM
Apr 2013
Tigerdrenalin said:
Joycdonnell said:
also I find very interesting that both fusion and syncro dragon have the same star levels right now, if is possible Yuri would perform a XYZ summon new monster in any moment

Or he fuses them into a semi-Zarc dragon without the Odd-Eyes component, just like OE Rebellion and OE Raging are sort of only half of the real Supreme King Dragon.

Frost190 said:

I think can only be Fusion summoned part is only when it's first summoned, which means player must Fusion summon it first before it can be summoned through pendulum. After it's first summoned by fusing the said monsters through Fusion summon, it can be Pendulum summoned if it was destroyed/sent back to extra deck.

Take manga Yugo's Clearwing Fast Dragon in chapter 13 as an example. Yugo summoned it first using Synchro Summon, and when it was destroyed, he summoned it back to the field using Pendulum summon.
Dec 15, 2016 2:56 PM

Oct 2016
Frost190 said:
Tigerdrenalin said:

I think can only be Fusion summoned part is only when it's first summoned, which means player must Fusion summon it first before it can be summoned through pendulum. After it's first summoned by fusing the said monsters through Fusion summon, it can be Pendulum summoned if it was destroyed/sent back to extra deck.

Take manga Yugo's Clearwing Fast Dragon in chapter 13 as an example. Yugo summoned it first using Synchro Summon, and when it was destroyed, he summoned it back to the field using Pendulum summon.

I don't think that's how it works...

The restrictions are stated like this:
- "Must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot Special Summoned by other ways", which means you can only Special Summon the monster as long as that Special Summon is always a Fusion Summon. And this is Zarc's case.
- "Must first be Fusion Summoned", meaning your first Summon of that card cannot be a Special Summon with card effects that do not state that the Special Summon is a Fusion Summon. This is probably what you thought it was.
- If nothing is written, it follows the standard rules (As long as you Fusion Summon it properly, you can Special Summon the monster any time you want after that. However, you do not have to Fusion Summon it properly from the Extra Deck, but after it is Special Summoned, it cannot be Special Summoned again because the first Summon was not a Fusion Summon).

My point still stands, the Scale 13 monster has no purpose, because Zarc cannot be Special Summoned by a Summon that is not a Fusion Summon, which, ironically, includes Pendulum Summoning as well.

My guess now is that the anime will allow it to be Pendulum Summoned over and over again, making it the unbeatable final boss monster, which is why they would tone it down IRL.
Dec 15, 2016 4:23 PM
Apr 2013
Tigerdrenalin said:
Frost190 said:

- "Must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot Special Summoned by other ways", which means you can only Special Summon the monster as long as that Special Summon is always a Fusion Summon. And this is Zarc's case.
- "Must first be Fusion Summoned", meaning your first Summon of that card cannot be a Special Summon with card effects that do not state that the Special Summon is a Fusion Summon. This is probably what you thought it was.
- If nothing is written, it follows the standard rules (As long as you Fusion Summon it properly, you can Special Summon the monster any time you want after that. However, you do not have to Fusion Summon it properly from the Extra Deck, but after it is Special Summoned, it cannot be Special Summoned again because the first Summon was not a Fusion Summon).

My point still stands, the Scale 13 monster has no purpose, because Zarc cannot be Special Summoned by a Summon that is not a Fusion Summon, which, ironically, includes Pendulum Summoning as well.

My guess now is that the anime will allow it to be Pendulum Summoned over and over again, making it the unbeatable final boss monster, which is why they would tone it down IRL.

My friend said that it can be summoned through other means if there's a monster/Pendulum/spell/trap effect that specifically states you can summon it ignoring it's summoning condition. Maybe there's that kind of card in the deck to make that 13 Scale Pendulum Monster to work?
Miya190Dec 15, 2016 4:45 PM
Dec 16, 2016 11:18 AM

Oct 2016
Frost190 said:
Tigerdrenalin said:

My friend said that it can be summoned through other means if there's a monster/Pendulum/spell/trap effect that specifically states you can summon it ignoring it's summoning condition. Maybe there's that kind of card in the deck to make that 13 Scale Pendulum Monster to work?

Yes, it is possible, but is one huge long shot because Zarc is already overcomplicated and already needs too many specific cards to even get Summoned...

EDIT: Actually, after reading the effects of the 0 and 13 Pendulums, they just need to be Pendulum Summoned, destroy themselves and the cards that Pendulum Summoned them, using their effects to Summon the 4 different dragons, place themselves in the Pendulum Zones using their effects and then destroy themselves again using the Pendulum effect of the 0 Scale, all to add Polymerization and fuse the 4 dragons that were Summoned... and voila, Zarc! (Added this edit to rebuke what I said about Zarc's complicated Summoning, because it isn't as complicated as the 2 original methods, the ones that require Summoning the 4 dragons properly and then fusing them OR using those Magician copy dragons and Astrograph/Chronograph)
Dec 17, 2016 11:31 PM

Sep 2016
Well the whole battle was stupid and cheatings were made...1st of all you can't synchro using a token as a material..2nd you can't target dark rebellion with dragon creeping plant because dark rebellion is xyz therefore it has rank not lvl -.-.. 3rd it showed odd eyes
In the side of yuya which is basically wrong..and last but not least why does everyone acts like if he has some inner goku inside him? Lmao
Apr 28, 2019 8:18 PM

Dec 2012
Reiji got sent flying.
Yuya vs Yuri.
Duel.
Yuri advance summoned a tuner?
Starlight Force? Negate the effect of monsters from teh Extra Deck?
All 4 dragons are on the field.
Yuto was taken.
Yuri jizzing.
Dat trap card!
Dark Rebellion was taken.
Serena got sent.
Arc-V has activated. Roll credits.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 15, 2020 5:15 PM

Feb 2014
Pretty cool duel, all dragons were summoned.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.